LuzyC

Hubby Loves My Pie!

104 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Thank so much for this recipe..Gary print it out for me and told me that he can't wait till I make some! :dance:

P.S.

I pray and wish you and your hubby all the very best on your paper works! (F) . Hang in there! (F)

Thanks Lucy Im trying my best to keep it together. =0)

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:thumbs: Luz....

I remember the first time I made my husband cornbread and later biscuits and gravy (I wasn't even sure what that was exactly :blush: ) but he liked it!! :lol:

That is a great feeling when hubby like what we do for them! :thumbs::thumbs::luv:

BTW..I just saw that your account is disabled, how come you can post? just curious to know is all! :)(F)

LUZ.gif

Bible.jpgcm66.gifFor my dear Mother - May 10 '44 -Sept 14 '07

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

this is a very easy and very yummy recipe....

Bumble Cobbler

7 cups of cut-up mixed fruit (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, peaches, apples etc...) *

3/4 cup sugar

1/4 cup flour

1/3 cup water

Combine all the above ingredients. Turn into a lightly greased 9 inch square pan.

* I usually try and use at least 1 cup of apples, it cuts out some of the sweetness of the other fruit. You can use frozen fruit or fresh fruit. Fresh works best though...

TOPPPING:

1 3/4 cup flour

2 tablespoons sugar

4 teaspoons baking powder

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/2 cup margarine

1 cup milk

Mix the first 4 ingredients together. Cut in the margarine with a pastry blender or fork until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal. Add the milk all at once. Stir with fork until all ingredients are moistened. Batter will be a bit lumpy. Drop spoonfuls of batter over the fruit, covering the surface. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes or until top is golden brown. Serve warm. It is really good with ice cream or whipped cream, cool whip etc....

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Bumble Cobbler

7 cups of cut-up mixed fruit (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, peaches, apples etc...) *

3/4 cup sugar

1/4 cup flour

1/3 cup water

Combine all the above ingredients. Turn into a lightly greased 9 inch square pan.

* I usually try and use at least 1 cup of apples, it cuts out some of the sweetness of the other fruit. You can use frozen fruit or fresh fruit. Fresh works best though...

Wow..sounds delicious to me..anything with apple, YUM!! I will try that one too! Thanks Marilyn! :thumbs:

Do u know how to make crepe? I tried before and it doesn't look right.. :(

LUZ.gif

Timeline

Bumble Cobbler

3/4 cup sugar

1/4 cup flour

1/3 cup water

Wow..sounds delicious to me..anything with apple, YUM!! I will try that one too! Thanks Marilyn! :thumbs:

i just wanted to point out that when you quoted my recipe you forgot half of it :lol::P;)

i have made crepes before... they are a little tricky to make , mine looked kind of funny too but they tasted good

Edited by MarilynP
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Bumble Cobbler

3/4 cup sugar

1/4 cup flour

1/3 cup water

i just wanted to point out that when you quoted my recipe you forgot half of it :lol::P;)

i have made crepes before... they are a little tricky to make , mine looked kind of funny too but they tasted good

:blush::lol: Sorry about that..our PC acting strange this fast few days but I got all that complete here. :)

Yea, crepe is kinda tricky to make..I guess I keep practising till I make it right. :D

LUZ.gif

Timeline

one trick with crepes is to let the crepe batter sit in the fridge for about an hour.... that allows the flour to absorb the liquid...

this is the recipe for crepes that I have used...

Basic Crepes

4 eggs

1/2 cup water

1/2 cup milk

3 tablespoon vegetable oil or melted butter

3/4 cup flour

1/4 tsp salt

Place all ingredients in a blender. Cover and blend for about 1 minute, stop and scrape sides. Blend an additional 30 seconds or until smooth. Refrigerate batter for about an hour.

mvSuprise-hug.gif

one trick with crepes is to let the crepe batter sit in the fridge for about an hour.... that allows the flour to absorb the liquid...

Basic Crepes

4 eggs

1/2 cup water

1/2 cup milk

3/4 cup flour

1/4 tsp salt

Place all ingredients in a blender. Cover and blend for about 1 minute, stop and scrape sides. Blend an additional 30 seconds or until smooth. Refrigerate batter for about an hour.

Hmmm..I learned something for that crepes.. :idea: I will try that! Thank you so much Marilyn! (F)

LUZ.gif

Timeline

Basic Crepes

4 eggs

1/2 cup water

1/2 cup milk

3/4 cup flour

1/4 tsp salt

Hmmm..I learned something for that crepes.. :idea: I will try that! Thank you so much Marilyn! (F)

that is probably why they weren't turning out right.... glad to be of service :thumbs:

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

whats really good is when you are making an apple pie to substitute a couple of pears for apples, especially if the apples you are using are more of the tart variety, because pears tend to be sweeter.

Also, Luz, you should try a blueberry pie with crumb topping...mmmmmmmm. :)`

Photo1949-1.jpg

5GTLm7.png

I love all kinds of pie apple pie keylime pie egg pie hair pie banana cream pie buko is one of my all time favorites.

Citizenship

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

CIS Office : San Francisco CA

Date Filed : 2008-06-11

NOA Date : 2008-06-18

Bio. Appt. : 2008-07-08

Citizenship Interview

USCIS San Francisco Field Office

Wednesday, September 10,2008

Time 2:35PM