Jermea

We got our fiance K1 visa denied/rejected!?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hello all,

Im a bit of a newb :P ..Ive read and read some more through this forum section and I cant quite seem to find the information Im seeking. Appreciating all in advance :)

We're in the early stages - having filed the I-129f in January 2007 and off it went to California. It was received and then they asked for confirmation of proof regarding our relationship for the duration of 2 years etc etc (we included pictures etc from October 2006-July 2007) which we provided and sent off in July 2007.

Now my fiance (who is currently in the USA) had a letter sent to him explaining the proof we have sent is not valid because it is too recent (the January-July 07 stuff) and he had 30 days to resubmit the information and pay $500 dollars. Im very confused about all of this and I was wondering if anyone has experienced anything similar? My fiance also noticed they spelt his name incorrectly and some of the dates were stated incorrectly by the USCIS, he is looking into an attorney or ringing the USCIS to get to the bottom of this.

Also, I was wondering if we do not honour the 30 days to resubmit do we have to start from the very beginning? Is there a waiting period? Or is that the end permanantly?

So many questions! Sorry if its already been listed.. but Im feeling like a mushroom, being fed ####### and kept in the dark! I thank you all oh so much in advance for everything!

True love stories never have an ending

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

What exactly does the RFE say? What exactly did the first RFE ask?

The petition requires that you have MET in the prior two years in person - it does not require proof of an ongoing relationship or two years worth of proof. And yes, you must submit it within the time frame. But there should be no reason for you to pay any fees - you submitted long before the fee increase. I would have a consult with an immigration attorney - don't waste your time calling USCIS since they are worthless.

Filed: Other Timeline

We'd almost have to see his RFE's (Request for further evidence) to advise you completely. But - USCIS doesn't state you have to send them more money to get an approval.

Here's what I am guessing happened:

1. Your fiance didn't send (in the original package) proof you had met in the last two years. He received an RFE requesting that information.

2. He sent the information in July of this year. If you filed in January, it's likely he received the RFE far before July. It almost sounds to me like he sent the evidence in too late.

3. Your petition was denied due to failure to respond to the RFE in a timely manner. So now if you want to refile again, you will need to pay the higher fee.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

What was submitted as evidence of meeting within 2 years prior to filing aside from the photos? Were the photos dated?

Edited by misa

K3 Timeline - 2006-11-20 to 2007-03-19

See the comments section in my timeline for full details of my K3 dates, transfers and touches. Also see my Vancouver consulate review and my POE review.

AOS & EAD Timeline

2007-04-16: I-485 and I-765 sent to Chicago (My AOS/EAD checklist)

2007-04-17: Received at Chicago

2007-04-23: NOA1 date (both)

2007-05-10: Biometrics appointment (both - Biometrics review)

2007-06-05: AOS interview letter date

2007-06-13: AOS interview letter received in mail

2007-07-03: EAD card production ordered

2007-07-07: EAD card received! (yay!)

2007-08-23: AOS interview (Documents / Interview review)

2007-08-23: Green card production ordered!!!

2007-08-24: Welcome notice mailed!

2007-08-27: Green card production ordered again... ?

2007-08-28: Welcome notice received!

2007-09-01: Green card received!

Done with USCIS until May 23, 2009!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Yes, please provide the exact timeline of everything so far.

In any case, you would need to be sure what was sent when, what reply (RFE) was received when and

what is the present exact status of your case. Any / all of us can help you based on that timeline.

Both of you would need to have a clear idea what was filed & when. Please maintain a complete file of all your records / application and replies.

<span style='color:blue'>--------------------

<!--WORD2URL-01--><!--END WORD2URL-01-->K-1<!--WORD2URL-02--><!--END WORD2URL-02--> Timeline

09/14/03: Submitted I-129F for <!--WORD2URL-01--><!--END WORD2URL-01-->K-1<!--WORD2URL-02--><!--END WORD2URL-02--> to Texas Svc Center.

09/18/03: NOA 1 rec'd from <!--WORD2URL-01--><!--END WORD2URL-01-->TSC<!--WORD2URL-02--><!--END WORD2URL-02--> with SRC #

02/05/04: Recd. NOA2 by USPS mail: APPROVED !

05/04: Consulate Interview

Sep 2004 : I-485 applied for

Sep 05 : <span style='color:red'>Interview in Dallas, TX --- success</span>

<span style='color:green'>Thank you for all your help VisaJourney !!</span>

</span>

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
We'd almost have to see his RFE's (Request for further evidence) to advise you completely. But - USCIS doesn't state you have to send them more money to get an approval.

1. Your fiance didn't send (in the original package) proof you had met in the last two years. He received an RFE requesting that information.

2. He sent the information in July of this year. If you filed in January, it's likely he received the RFE far before July. It almost sounds to me like he sent the evidence in too late.

3. Your petition was denied due to failure to respond to the RFE in a timely manner. So now if you want to refile again, you will need to pay the higher fee.

I agree with rebeccajo. I wondered about the returning the evidence in July - I assume that's why they said you have to file again and pay the new fee -- the evidence wasn't returned in a timely fashion. . .

I would have a consult with an immigration attorney - don't waste your time calling USCIS since they are worthless.

:lol:

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

I agree with rebeccajo. I wondered about the returning the evidence in July - I assume that's why they said you have to file again and pay the new fee -- the evidence wasn't returned in a timely fashion. . .

:yes:

And, it might be wise not to refer to your fiance as your spouse (as in the thread's subtitle :blink:

SA4userbar.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.