misty_eyes

divorce before removing the conditional status

26 posts in this topic

hi to everyone. i am a filipina and i had been here in the US for a year now. and my marriage is failing. my husband told me that he realized he wasnt inlove with me. this ahppened after he met another girl and started helping this girl in her restaurant. thats when everything changed, he doenst show any affection towards me anymore and seemed not to care anymore. he is always away and he is always witht his girl, i dont know if they have a relationship coz he keeps telling me they are just friends. they are seen together on wee hours in the morning and she calls him 12 am 2:30. also this girl is married to an american but she doesnt love him they just had an agreement that she will come here to marry him. they sleep in different rooms basicaly this is illegal. anyway i want to know if anyone can help me with a dvice or anything. i know if we divorce now my green card will be void and its possible ill be deported back to the philippines. we dont have joint accounts nor kids. i know these are the evidence that i can show the immigration that i entered this marriage in good faith and it is not my fault why this is failing. but i have evidence of him emailing other women and chatting with other women behind my back and they are asians too. so basically he is cheating. can i consider these things that he is doing as emotional abuse to me? and also if anyone can advice me on how i can report him to the immigration so he cant get any women outside the US, our divorce will be his 3rd divorce already. and i wanna report this girl also to the immigration. if anyone have some advice regarding this i would greatly appreciate it...thank you

I understand ur situation, and its funny how intend to report everybody to the immigrations. Even the American girl? What are they gonna do with her? Deport her to the US ? In your situation, I think u do have a good case here. If i was in your shoes, I would continue gathering evidences of him cheating like u have been doing. u can do a little bit more by waiting for an opportunity for him to abuse you. If you know he's cheating, just look for a perfect time to get in his business. That's going to make him mad and possibly hit you. Then u can call the cops. Look for two or more opportunities like that and make sure u save the police report numbers for each case. Then u can go ahead and file for a divorce. When its time for your removal pf conditions, all the letter u have as well as your police report are enough to prove that u were a victim of abuse, so u're filing independently. Wait... if u've been here for a year, didn't y'all ever file taxes together..? If u did, then that is a good reason to show ur marriage existed, no one would file taxes with a stranger u know.. U can switch the tables around like that. All the best.

hi to everyone. i am a filipina and i had been here in the US for a year now. and my marriage is failing. my husband told me that he realized he wasnt inlove with me. this ahppened after he met another girl and started helping this girl in her restaurant. thats when everything changed, he doenst show any affection towards me anymore and seemed not to care anymore. he is always away and he is always witht his girl, i dont know if they have a relationship coz he keeps telling me they are just friends. they are seen together on wee hours in the morning and she calls him 12 am 2:30. also this girl is married to an american but she doesnt love him they just had an agreement that she will come here to marry him. they sleep in different rooms basicaly this is illegal. anyway i want to know if anyone can help me with a dvice or anything. i know if we divorce now my green card will be void and its possible ill be deported back to the philippines. we dont have joint accounts nor kids. i know these are the evidence that i can show the immigration that i entered this marriage in good faith and it is not my fault why this is failing. but i have evidence of him emailing other women and chatting with other women behind my back and they are asians too. so basically he is cheating. can i consider these things that he is doing as emotional abuse to me? and also if anyone can advice me on how i can report him to the immigration so he cant get any women outside the US, our divorce will be his 3rd divorce already. and i wanna report this girl also to the immigration. if anyone have some advice regarding this i would greatly appreciate it...thank you

I understand ur situation, and its funny how intend to report everybody to the immigrations. Even the American girl? What are they gonna do with her? Deport her to the US ? In your situation, I think u do have a good case here. If i was in your shoes, I would continue gathering evidences of him cheating like u have been doing. u can do a little bit more by waiting for an opportunity for him to abuse you. If you know he's cheating, just look for a perfect time to get in his business. That's going to make him mad and possibly hit you. Then u can call the cops. Look for two or more opportunities like that and make sure u save the police report numbers for each case. Then u can go ahead and file for a divorce. When its time for your removal pf conditions, all the letter u have as well as your police report are enough to prove that u were a victim of abuse, so u're filing independently. Wait... if u've been here for a year, didn't y'all ever file taxes together..? If u did, then that is a good reason to show ur marriage existed, no one would file taxes with a stranger u know.. U can switch the tables around like that. All the best.

I really hope this post is badly worded, but somehow that just does not seem to be the case.

Firstbenjamin - your suggestions here are outrageous (look for opportunities for when he can be abusive??). You may want to rethink your words when you post in the future.

I'm glad I'm not your spouse. Sounds like you have it all planned out.

2001 Met

2005 Married

I-485/I-130

12/06/2006-------Mailed I-130/1-485

12/16/2006--------Recieved NOA 1 (I-130 & I-485)

12/18/2006--------Touched I-130/I-485

01/20/2007--------Biometrics

05/10/2007 -- Interview, Approved!

05/22/2007 GREEN CARD arrives!!!

02/2009 - File to lift conditions

I-765

12/14/2006--- Mailed EAD App.

01/20/2007--- Biometrics

02/09/2005-------Sent in request to Congressional office for assistance with expediting EAD.

02/13/2007 -------- EAD Approved!

02/26/2007 - ------EAD received

Removal of Conditions:

05/12/2009 -- Overnighted application by USPS express mail (VSC).

05/14/2009 -- Green Card expired.

05/23/2009 --- Check cleared bank.

05/26/2009 -- Received NOA (NOA date May 15, 2009, guess they aren't deporting me).

05/29/2009- Biometrics Notice date

06/01/2009- Received Biometrics Letter

06/18/2009 - Biometrics

09/23/2009 - date of decision to approve (letter received), just waiting for card. No online updates whatsoever.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

firstbenjamin, I don't think I have ever seen worse advice :blink:

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

When and where did you get a degree on being able to give marital/immigration advice? To, actually suggest someone envoke abuse, is absolutely ignorant to maintain status. You, straight up, suck! I'll be honest, suck it ho! :devil:

Joseph

us.jpgKarolina

AOS application received Chicago - 11/12/2007

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Inciting your partner to hit you is appalling advice, I suggest that further suggestions of this nature be kept to oneself...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

First of all do not listen to the advice of people that would even sugest that you wait until your husband hits you......That is crazy and could be very dangerous to you.......If your Husband has come out and told you the he does not love you anymore and is seeing other people then I dont think a divorce will be to much of a problem.......Keep doing what you are doing by gathering up all the evidence you can.......about his cheating......Also if you have any incomming mail that is adressed to you where the two of you live keep it .....Envelope and all this will help establish the fact that you live there together......the more you have the better....any credit card bills in both your names?? what about where live?? Do you rent?? if so get a letter from the person you rent from that can state you live there with your husbnad........Anything and everything at this point that you collect and save will be help to you.......I wish you all the best......Sorry that things did not work out for you ......

I really hope this post is badly worded, but somehow that just does not seem to be the case.

Firstbenjamin - your suggestions here are outrageous (look for opportunities for when he can be abusive??). You may want to rethink your words when you post in the future.

I apologize for my wrong choice of words. What I meant is that she needed to have some proof that she's been victimized as much as she said. If everyone here knows she's gone thru all this she talked about, its still no proof without a police report or somethng. You don't have to solicit for abuse, just keep records of it when it happens. Sorry everyone again for my wrong choice of words

I'm sorry to hear of your troubles. I would just like to make the suggestion that there are many agencies out there that help battered and abused women. If you do a google search you should be able to find resources in your area. Just put in the town you live in or the name of the closest city and "domestic violence". They usually have toll free numbers where you can call without cost and talk anonymously if you choose. You will find that they can give you information on help with finding legal help etc. They usually offer free counseling and groups where you can reach out and find others in your situation locally.

I myself was in an abusive relationship with my first marriage. I would not have gotten through that time without the support of a local womens group where I live. They were a wonderful resource and I met many great and wonderful women and learned I was not alone.

Don't wait for the abuse to turn physical. Emotional and verbal abuse does a lot of damage on its own. The cycle of abuse is that it will likely turn physical if you stay around because abusers tend to escalate as time goes on.

Also I wanted to say that you shouldn't really worry about reporting the other woman or revenge of any kind. Don't waste the effort or energy. Use everything you have to take care of you and better yourself and your situation. I know things seem bleak now but they can get better if you decide to be strong and make it so.

I wish you all the best. May God bless you.

Kathleen

Edited by katand7

WEDDING DAY 05-07-05

RECVD CARD IN MAIL 09-17-05

GAVIN STARTS WORKING 09-19-05

RECVD AOS INTERVIEW LETTER 10-28-05

INTERVIEW IN BOSTON 12-12-05

INTERVIEW SUCCESS & STAMP IN PASSPORT 12-12-05

GREEN CARD RECVD IN MAIL 12-19-05

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS I-751 11-05-07

CHECK CASHED 11-13-07

NOA1 for I-751 11-15-07

APPROVAL FOR I-751 10-06-08

(FOR ANY ADDL INFO SEE MY TIMELINE)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

your a wanka firstbenjamin.....i remember you from a few years back when you had the little philipino lady friend of yours who got here, then ran off on you a few days later and then you hung out with her at disneyland. lets not dig up your skeletons now shall we???......some people you just never forget.

Oct 29th 2004 -Met online
Oct 29th -First phone call
Dec 25th -She purposed and i said Yes!
May 10th I-130 Packet and Packet 3 sent off to me by the U.S. Consulate
May 16th -Received Packets 1-3 from the U.S. consulate
June 29th -I arrived in Puerto-Rico!
July 2nd -Married in Mayaguez, Puerto-Rico and also got our interview date for September 6th
August 17th -We arrived in Australia to file for Sep. 6th
September 6th - Filed DCF in Sydney and approved 1 hour later!
September 12 -Received my passport with the visa and yellow packet
November 24th -POE.......Guam,USA
December 12, 2005-Green Card arrived in the mail
September 11, 2007 -Filed I-751 on conditions
September 17 -VSC Receives my I-751 and issues NOA1
Oct 10 -Had biometrics taken in San Juan, Puerto Rico ASC
Oct 12 -Touched.
Aug 21, 2008 -Approved!...........finally
Sep 17, 2008 -Mailed off N-400
Oct 22, 2008 -Biometrics taken in San Juan ASC
Feb 12, 2009 -N-400 Interview
Feb 26, 2009 -Oath.....the end.

....................................*What we do in this life will have an echo in the life to come*...............................

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
your a wanka firstbenjamin.....i remember you from a few years back when you had the little philipino lady friend of yours who got here, then ran off on you a few days later and then you hung out with her at disneyland. lets not dig up your skeletons now shall we???......some people you just never forget.

That's enough of that, thank you very much. Any more personal insults such of this nature will result in a topic lock.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.