A * A

New K1 visa members

17 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello All..

First of all i have to say this visa journey website has been a godsend.. Seriously. All of you have helped out so much on how to properly file paperwork in order to avoid an RFE and try to possibly have the paperwork filed faster than usual. Reading all the posts has really helped out. Thank you

OK so my name is ab (for short) and i am an american citizen who has just filed I-129F paperwork for my fiancee who currently resides in panama city, Panama.. I've thoroughly gone through every piece of paperwork 10 times over so i really hope to avoid an RFE... My question is..whats next? do i just wait for the NOA 1 now and then NOA 2 ?

Also, is there any steps my fiancee in panama can take to start gathering paperwork and such so when she does recieve her packets to move things along faster? Any type of help would be appreciated. I'll be on this site all the time to help out others who have just begun their paperwork the same time as i have and maybe help each other through.

Thank you...all of you... :)

Abdurrahman

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

:time:

:guides:

You can now enjoy the peaceful waiting period for NOA1/NOA2. Hopefully you won't get an RFE.

Also, feel free to wait with us in the following threads. Your particular case will show up in the appropriate list once you receive your NOA1 and update your timeline.

Waiting for a NOA2 from CSC for your I-129F?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...t&p=1162800

Waiting for a NOA2 from VSC for your I-129F?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...t&p=1162805

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Welcome to VJ and good luck with the K1 process...I concur that this site is very very helpful. There are so many who have a lot of experience and can give you some advice or pointers. I would suggest finding others who have SO from ur SO country and therefore would be going through the same embassy...that would be helpful to you I am sure...Then you would know specifically what forms you need to submit...

I believe every person regardless of the embassy had to provide an affadavit of support and you can see example forms on her and it also gives what other supportive documents ur fiance will have to have for the interview...

Good luck and again Welcome...

“Hold on to the center and make up your mind to rejoice in this paradise called life.” ~ Lao-tzu

4374690_bodyshot_175x233_1205371236499.gif4572850_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Panama! Reminds me.....Van Halen is back together with David Lee Roth. Ooops, sorry. Not the topic at hand. :P

22 Jun 05 - We met in a tiny bar in Williamsburg, Va. (spent all summer together)

27 May 06 - Sasha comes back for a 2nd glorious summer (spent 8 months apart)

01 Jan 07 - Jason travels to Moscow for 2 weeks with Sasha

27 May 07 - Jason again travels to Moscow for 2 weeks of perfection

14 July 07 - I-129F and all related documents sent to VSC

16 July 07 - I-129F delivered to VSC and signed for by P. Novak

20 July 07 - NOA1 issued / receipt number assigned

27 Sep 07 - Jason travels to Moscow to be with Sasha for 2 weeks

28 Nov 07 - NOA2 issued...TOUCHED!...then...APPROVED!!!

01 Dec 07 - NVC receives/assigns case #

04 Dec 07 - NVC sends case to U.S. Embassy Moscow

26 Dec 07 - Jason visits Sasha in Russia for the 4th and final time of 2007 :)

22 Feb 08 - Moscow Interview! (APPROVED!!!)..Yay!

24 Mar 08 - Sasha and Jason reunite in the U.S. :)

31 May 08 - Married

29 Dec 08- Alexander is born

11 Jan 10 - AOS / AP / EAD package sent

19 Jan 10 - AOS NOA1 / AP NOA1 / EAD NOA1

08 Feb 10 - AOS case transferred to CSC

16 Mar 10 - AP received

16 Mar 10 - AOS approved

19 Mar 10 - EAD received

22 Mar 10 - GC received

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Panama
Timeline
Hey All

Thanks for the replies. I would love to find individuals who have a fiancee in panama and are filing or have filed for k1 Fiancee visa. Where can i find such people? Should i just leave another thread and wait for members to reply?

ab

WoW otro panameno por aqui!!

Sorry, I'm just soooooo excited to see another "compa" on here.......

pues si, My name is Michelle and I'm the USC and my fiance Ricardo is from PTY, right now I woudl suggest telling your fiance to get her stuff translated. Her Birth Certificate, and any other records (record policivo, acta de divorcio, etc) to be translated also.

Another thing you should do is send her the exact copy of everything you sent to the service center. send her the pictures you sent and a copy of the letters or whatever you sent in the packet showing that you guys have a legitimate relationship. Also, once you get approved and she gets her interview i think that you will be able to go with her to the interview. I've spoken to another panamena that got approved in May and she said that both her and her fiance were there at the embassy (el que esta en Clayton ahora) during the interview, BUT I'm still trying to get more info from the embassy to confirm that. I've e-mailed them but of course they haven't responded so if you send them and e-mail, and I send them another e-mail maybe that's a sign that they should respond :whistle: anyways, when is your next visit? I'm going in december for christmas and New years, and ricardo is visiting me in November for my sister's wedding and thanksgiving. (Oh by the way you CAN visit each other during the process).

So where exactly from Panama are you? where do you live in the states? I'm in florida orginally from Coral Springs (Ft. Lauderdale area) but right now I'm at school @ University of Florida (Go Gators!) Studying Pharmacy. Bueno if anything let me know, a la orden y te deseo lo mejor y que Dios te Bendiga.

;)

-Mich

AOS:

August 8, 2008: We're married!! (both the ceremony and legal wedding)

September 11, 2008: Got the marriage certificate in the mail!! 

September 20, 2008: Sent AOS packet (I-485, EAD, AP)

September 22, 2008: USPS confirmed delivery at LockBox

September 26, 2008: Check Cashed!! :)

September 25, 2008: Recv'd date on all NOA's 

September 30, 2008: Received all 3 NOA's: I-485, EAD, AP

Ocotber 10, 2008: RFE for I-485 (needed proof of citizenship for sponsor) :S

October 21, 2008: Biometrics @12 pm in Ft. Lauderdale~over and done with in 5min!!~

October 22, 2008: documents for RFE sent via Priority Mail

October 24, 2008: documents received at MO

November 6, 2008: Case transferred to CSC :D

December 10, 2008: EAD approved!! Card production ordered!

Dec. 15, 2008: Rec'd EAD and AP via mail.

March 2, 2009: AOS Approved

March 9, 2009: Green Card Received!!!

March 24, 2020: N400 submitted (online)

January 2021: notice stating no new Biometrics needed

April 15, 2022: Notice to Appear for interview and exam

June 4, 2022: Interview/Exam Day! 🥳

Timeline
Hey All

Thanks for the replies. I would love to find individuals who have a fiancee in panama and are filing or have filed for k1 Fiancee visa. Where can i find such people? Should i just leave another thread and wait for members to reply?

ab

Also I just read that you responded to my other post ( about going through orlando or MIA) after responding to this post, and I just noticed that you'll be going in november. LoL thanks for the advice, most probably he'll come on COPA, also I forgot to mention that to send a copy of the packet to your fiance, you're better off using a courier service like DHL, there are several offices in panama city, just ask your fiance which one is closest to her (there's one on Tumba Muerto, Paitilla, and I think El Dorado) so have her tell you where and when you drop of the packaged tell them you want it sent there and to whom it's for. Also, when she receieves paperwork from the embassy, they will contact her (so make sure they have her current phone number) so she can go and pick it up and fill it out there. I woudl suggest taking some of the guides that they have here on this website so that way she can practice filling those out properly. Other than that you just...............have.............to ..................wait................

Nothing else we can do..................

When is your "planned wedding date"?

;)

AOS:

October 21, 2008: Biometrics @12 pm in Ft. Lauderdale~over and done with in 5min!!~

Hello..

Thanks alot for the reply. It is very good to know there is someone else here who is going through the same situation as me. :) First off, i live in orlando, originally from the U.k>... Liverpool to be exact. My fiancee lives in panama and is panamanian. Cant wait till she can come to the states.. Thanks for all your advice. i will be telling her to translate everything to english as i jsut found that out a few days ago..lol...

Also, do i have to send a copy of all the files i have sent to the USCIS to my fiancee in panama? also, do i have to send the same pictures of us together to her also.? She has all the pictures on a CD so i guess she can go and print them out herself if there is such a place in panama..

Are you from panama also? i love the country..such an amazing place. I just came back from my visit over there 2 weeks ago. Was around the city, and also visited contadora with my better half :) ... was absolutely amazing..you should think of going there..

Talk soon...bye

ab

Timeline
Hello..

Thanks alot for the reply. It is very good to know there is someone else here who is going through the same situation as me. :) First off, i live in orlando, originally from the U.k>... Liverpool to be exact. My fiancee lives in panama and is panamanian. Cant wait till she can come to the states.. Thanks for all your advice. i will be telling her to translate everything to english as i jsut found that out a few days ago..lol...

Also, do i have to send a copy of all the files i have sent to the USCIS to my fiancee in panama? also, do i have to send the same pictures of us together to her also.? She has all the pictures on a CD so i guess she can go and print them out herself if there is such a place in panama..

Are you from panama also? i love the country..such an amazing place. I just came back from my visit over there 2 weeks ago. Was around the city, and also visited contadora with my better half :) ... was absolutely amazing..you should think of going there..

Talk soon...bye

ab

I was born in the states but I grew up in Panama, i went to high school there and that's where I met Ricardo, Don't ask me how we've managed to be together for so long but we have. I LOVE it down there If it were up to me I would still be there but, i needed to finish my degree and that's why I'm at UF....

About the packet, YES send her an EXACT replica of what you sent, including the photos, and yes there is a place where she can print to pics form a CD (farmacias Arrocha and Supermercado El Rey) when did you guys get engaged? as you can see from my signature I got engaged in MAY (finally!) I'm going there for christmas and New Year's, wonderful time to visit. You should go to Decameron, it's way better than contadora, all you have to do is drive 2 (may 1.5 hours) from the city and you're there. When did you send in your I-129F? are you an august or sept filer?

AOS:

hey

I loved contadora..especially when we got the chance to go to different islands and spend time there.. It was an experiance.. however, i really do want to go to decameron and check it out. have heard great things about it..

I guess i am a september filer because i JUST sent out my packet so im hoping they will recieve it by tuesday(tomorrow). so yeh.. im a newbie..lol... And its funny because i got engaged on the 24th of may this yr (we had a big party and everything with family and friends) and i saw you got engaged in may also..

ab

Timeline

You know what? we probably got engaged the same week! lol isn't that a coincidence? anyways where is your fiance from? Ricardo is from the city but of course he has family from Las Tablas, and I have roots in Chitre, so yeah I have a pretty strong background from Panama, I am going to retire there.......I couldn't imagine retiring anywhere else LoL.

Since you filed in Sept most probably you'll have your NOA 2 by either Jan(earliest) to March (latest) I know the estimate isn't fun but in the end it's well worth the wait right? Fill in your timeline so that way VJ can give you the best estimate they have. Also did you file in CSC or VSC? even though we're both from FL I've seen ppl from FL being transferred to any of those two. Mine is at CSC and my estimated NOA2 is in Dec, and I filed in July to avoid the price increase.....anyways I feel ur pain, and hang in there ;)

AOS:

hey all

I have another question. i know i am a way's away before i receive any type of acceptance letter but just wanted to stay on top of things. i've been doing a lot of reading about the packet 3 stage and was wondering when i will need all the tax forms, the affidavit of support, pay stubs and etc?

Do we need all this for packet three for my fiancee to submit when her time comes? or are all these documents needed before the interview process?

Another question about tax returns :

i file my taxes online through turbotax.com.. Is there any way i can just go online and print out my tax returns .. or do i have to order them from IRS? Also, What if i threw away my w-2 forms..where can i find them from?

I know these are alot of questions, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

You can sign into your Turbo Tax account online and retreive all your old tax returns....

K-1 Visa Journey

03/10/2007 - Sent I-129F to NSC

06/05/2007 - Approved

06/25/2007 - NVC Case Number received

07/05/2007 - Fiance received Packets 3 and 4

09/06/2007 - INTERVIEW----- APPROVED

09/13/2007 - VISA IN HAND

09/14/2007 - POE AT JFK

10/26/2007 - Wedding

01/17/2008 - Email from CRIS that I-129 was approved!

AOS Journey

10/28/2007 - AOS mailed to Chicago via Federal Express

10/29/2007 - AOS received at Chicago

11/05/2007 - NOA for I-131, I-485, I-765

12/28/2007 - Biometrics

12/29/2007 - Case appeared on USCIS website

12/31/2007 - EAD Card Production Ordered; AP Approved

01/10/2008 - AP Received in mail

01/12/2008 - EAD Card Recieved in mail

07/24/2008 - AOS Interview

07/30/2008 -Card Production Ordered

08/11/2008 - GREEN CARD RECIEVED

04/30/2010 - ROC mailed to CA via USPS Express Mail

08/10/2010 - EAD Card Production Ordered; AOS Approved

04/24/2011 - Mailed N-400

05/12/2011 - Received I-797C

06/08/2011 - Biometrics

07/25/2011 - N-400 Interview

07/25/2011 - Oath Ceremony

MY HUSBAND IS A US CITIZEN!!!

You can sign into your Turbo Tax account online and retreive all your old tax returns....

If i print the tax returns out from turbo tax will that be ok for my fiancee to show at the interview when that comes around? Im just asking, because i think i read somewhere that tax returns sent from the IRS will only be accepted.. Im not sure...

ab

Hey all..

I recieved my first NOA (1) today.. so let the games and the waiting :( begin.. I hope everything moves quick but as ia can see 6 -7 months seems to be the time frame so theres no point in wrrying from now.. Good luck to everyone else out there.

09-04-2007 Sent I-129F

09-10-2007 Receieved NOA 1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.