Rodgiegirl

I'm so lonely!

28 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Zambia
Timeline

Hey all, I know that I'm in the same boat as pretty much everyone in here, but I'm so lonely, I miss my honey so much! This next month will be six months since we've been together. I miss him so much, I feel like it's taking forever even just to hear something from USCIS. I recieved NOA1 update on line but nothing in the mail??? Wow, what is happening, I'm tired of waiting. Can someone give me some encouragement or some advise? Please!! UGHH!!!!

Interview: 2008-02-21

Visa in hand: 2008-02-26

POE (NYC):2008-03-11

Wedding: 2008-04-11

AOS Interview Appointment 2008-12-08

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Well, we have many threads that can offer you some company in the waiting..

K-1 Fiance(e) Visa Case Filing and Progress Reports

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showforum=128

Also, we have a thread for tracking NOA2 approvals from CSC that may interest you:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...t&p=1162800

Don't worry, you're not alone! And Best of luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
Hey all, I know that I'm in the same boat as pretty much everyone in here, but I'm so lonely, I miss my honey so much! This next month will be six months since we've been together. I miss him so much, I feel like it's taking forever even just to hear something from USCIS. I recieved NOA1 update on line but nothing in the mail??? Wow, what is happening, I'm tired of waiting. Can someone give me some encouragement or some advise? Please!! UGHH!!!!

I feel exactly the same way. It's always on my mind. Hang in there. After we're all reunited with our loved ones this waiting time will not even be remembered.

*** Met in 2002 sometime online Yahoo messenger

*** Continued with scarce letters but many online conversations from 2002-2006

***June 2006: Went to meet mi amor in Buenos Aires and confirmed we wanted to marry (Stayed for a month)

***Nov 2006: Engagement formally announced

***March 2007: Returned to Argentina to visit for a week

***05-18-2007 I-129f Sent to NSC

***06-07-2007 NOA1 Transferred to CSC (Website)

***06-17-2006 NOA1 (Hardcopy)

***07-07-2007 Touched (Wasn't watching for prior touches...and maybe this one due to my phone call)

***Waiting...waiting...waiting

***08-03-2007 Touched (PhoneCall)

***08-06-2007 Touched

***08-23-2007 Touched

***09-13-2007 Touched (PhoneCall)

***09-14-2007 Touched

***10-08-2007 NOA2 APPROVED

***10-09-2007 Touched

***10-10-2007 Touched NICE!!!! :)

***11-07-2007 Left NVC

I spent a lot of time on the phone with Claudeth :blink:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline

Hey, hang in there. We have all been in your boat and it is not easy at all. I find that each stage, as the time drags on it gets harder. The day I received NOA2 in the mail I was about ready to quit my job, pack my bags and move to El Salvador. I just couldn't take it anymore. Getting that letter really lifted my spirits.

The thing that works best for me is to stay busy. The toughest times are always when you have down time, so stay active, visit friends and family, etc so that you don't spend too much time dwelling.

Hope that helps. Good luck!

2007-02-05: I-129F Sent

2007-02-13: I-129F NOA1

2007-05-05: I-129F NOA2

2007-05-30: NVC Left

2007-06-06: Consulate Received

2007-06-24: Touched

2007-07-17: Packet 3 Received

2007-07-20: Medical Attempted - Doctor's office said he needs packet 4 first

2007-07-24: Packet 3 Sent

2007-08-29: Packet 4 Received

2007-08-30: Medical Completed

2007-09-04: Not on the list yet to make an interview

2007-09-11: Visa Infoline guy files report for us to get on the list

2007-09-27: Received another Packet 4 letter

2007-09-28: On the interview list by case number, but wrong name - they file another report to have it corrected and say wait another month

2007-10-15: Finally able to set up interview date, earliest date availabe not until 11-13

2007-11-13: Interview - said we are approved and should have visa in a week

2007-11-28: Received email response from Embassy stating that visa was issued on 11-15 and that we should be receiving it by the end of the week

2007-12-03: Still awaiting visa but courier service says that the embassy still hasn't sent it!!

2007-12-09: Arrived in San Francisco

2007-12-22: Legally Married (Larger wedding on May 3, 2008)

2008-01-04 - AOS & EAD paperwork sent

2008-01-10 - Notification of receipt

2008-03-10 - EAD Received

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

msger helps the time and loneliness pass

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

This may sound crazy and stupid (but I don't care! :P ), but I sleep with my laptop next to me and we hook up the webcams and he 'tucks' me in bed each night (I'm a hopeless sap aren't I!!) It's not as good as goodnight snuggles...but it helps the loneliness for me alot because nighttime is the hardest for me. I'm hunkered down on waiting 6 months or more for the noa2...i'm trying to be realistic. Hang in there and lean on visa journey friends for support too!

"The course of true love never did run smooth" - William Shakespeare

K1:

10/29/05...met online

11/23/05...met in person for the first time in London, England

06/29/07...got engaged!

07/19/07...mailed I-129F via certified express overnight mail

08/02/07...check cashed

08/04/07...NOA1 received in mail

12/11/07...NOA2 issued from CRIS email!! YAY!

12/12/07...touch!

12/17/07...received hard copy of noa2

1/14/08.....file reaches NVC

1/28/08.....packet 3 received

2/29/08.....medical interview

4/01/08.....interview

04/03/08...visa in hand!!

04/14/08...POE JFK!

05/17/08...Wedding!

Adjustment of status

06/21/08...Mailed AOS,EAD, and AP paperwork

06/27/08...NOA1

07/17/08...Biometrics

07/29/08...Transferred to CSC

08/21/08...Touch I-485!

08/22/08...Touch I-485!

08/25/08...Received AP in the mail!

08/28/08...Received EAD in the mail!

08/29/08...Email from CRIS welcoming the new permanent resident! YAY!

09/06/08...Green card received in mail!

Just hang in there... I know how lonely it can be... but for sure, it is worth the wait...

HELEN

agif003.gif

22 February 2010 - mailed the N-400 packet

02 March 2010 - Check encashed/I-797C NOA

03 March 2010 - USCIS Acceptance Confirmation via e-mail and text message

06 March 2010 - received I-797C, Notice of Action/Receipt

01 April 2010 - Biometrics Appointment (Biometrics done 4/7/10)

27 April 2010 - received I-797C/ Request to Appear for Naturalization Interview

02 June 2010 - Interview schedule

17 June 2010 - Oath Taking (Memorial Auditorium, Sacramento, CA)

Hey, hang in there. We have all been in your boat and it is not easy at all. I find that each stage, as the time drags on it gets harder. The day I received NOA2 in the mail I was about ready to quit my job, pack my bags and move to El Salvador. I just couldn't take it anymore. Getting that letter really lifted my spirits.

The thing that works best for me is to stay busy. The toughest times are always when you have down time, so stay active, visit friends and family, etc so that you don't spend too much time dwelling.

Hope that helps. Good luck!

It's odd, but I found just the opposite. In the beginning after I sent in our packet, I was really whacked out. But after awhile, I went into like a numb zone where I went on day to day knowing it was a long ride. I didn't feel anything really. I would temporarily snap out of the numbness during special events - like receiving our NOA2. But after a couple days I would go back to the numbness. Kinda like waking up in the middle of the night and then going back to sleep. We both got thru the process relatively unscathed because of this.

Now that she will be here in 18 days, I'm WIIIIDE awake.

AOS Journey

01/18/08 - Mailed AOS packet to Chi-town

02/05/08 - Received Notice for Biometrics

02/23/08 - Received Notice for Interview (AOS)

02/26/08 - Scheduled Biometrics Done!

03/11/08 - Received Notice of Approval (AP)

03/13/08 - Card production ordered (EAD) Gee! Thanks a lot!!

03/21/08 - Approval Notice sent (EAD) Yahoo!!

03/24/08 - Touched & received EAD card today!! Yipee!!

03/25/08 - Scheduled Interview (AOS) Approved! Thankful!!

03/26/08 - Notice mailed welcoming as new permanent resident

03/28/08 - Card production ordered!! Wow!!!

03/31/08 - Received welcome letter.. Nice!

04/04/08 - Received green card through mail! Truly great! Mahalo nui loa!!

4589670_bodyshot_175x233_1205147893574.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
I truly sympathize with you. We are all in the same boat! The best way to beat the lonliness is to keep busy, stay in touch with your beloved via telephone, internet, etc. It is sad that this journey for us is difficult, but with hope and patience, good things will come our way!..Be of good cheer! Wishing you all the best! ~Dennis~

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I worked a lot of overtime. Distracting yourself from the process helps immensely.

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I remember how lonely and horrible it felt being apart as well. I tried to keep busy and we talked on the phone every day as well as emailing and instant messaging each other. We had 'breakfast together' on the weekends and we always 'said goodnight' as well. I know it isn't the same but it was all that we had at the time.

Please do be assured that this time WILL pass and you WILL be together and all of this waiting will just become a past memory. It honestly WILL happen, I promise you.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi there - I know this process is long and i can find myself getting caught up in the loneliness and the waiting waiting to being my life w/my SO - I have found, as others have already stated, keeping myself busy and active has helped. I have printed out pics of me and my SO together and have them around the house - this helps for me - and gotten a few things for the house for him when he comes...all this planning keeps me focused on the end result our reunification!!

We communicate everyday, by phone, text messages, and online...I have found that helps as well to keep feeling connected...also if I am doing something special or anything at all - I will send him a text msg and this helps me feel connected as well.....and after about 4 months of being apart, I decided to return to Egypt and will be there in November...I know not everyone can do this......

And I find talking w/others here on VJ - many who have been waiting far longer than I have - for one it helps put my journey in perspective..when you hear form some who have been away from their SO for over a year, waiting in AP/AR for six months and plus and you see their courage - its helps me to have the strength to continue...and many of these folks here who have been waiting so long rarely complain - - and I think it's important to focus on the end result..and this time apart can only make the love stronger and for sure I know for me, atleast, I won't be taking any time w/my SO for granted...

Okay I have rambled...but I remember just starting this journey and feeling alone..and wanted to reach out...good luck and Welcome to VJ!!

Melinda

“Hold on to the center and make up your mind to rejoice in this paradise called life.” ~ Lao-tzu

4374690_bodyshot_175x233_1205371236499.gif4572850_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Get both of you a set of headphones and mic.

Get on messenger, and chat your heart away.

and hang in there

good luck

Rick

December 12 2006 Filed I130

Jan 10 2007 got receipt and case number!

Jan 12 2007 sent 129F

Feb 6 notice they were moving the file to a faster service center.

Feb 26 Notice of I130 approval

Feb 28 2007 notice they were sending 129F to USCIS for further investigation (err #######?)

May 15 2007 notice of approval of 129F with processing dates of 05/15/2007 thru 09/14/2007

May 28 2007 Notice from attorney that NVC needed processed and money orders were needed.

June 4 2007 Traveled to Manila to spend 2 weeks with my wife!! (YeHaaaa!!)

Fed-xed her signed papers (For NVC) from Manila to attorney from Manila while on vacation

June 18 2007 Nvc approved support.

June 29 2007 packet arrived @ my home informing of interveiw for I130 on Aug 27 2007 and explaining Medical interveiw.

(Note wife never received packet for I130 in Philippines I fed-ex'ed mine to her for medical interveiw)

July 17 2007 packet arrived for 129F setting interveiw for Sept 5 2007

August 5 2007 Wife flew to Manila for medical interveiw on August 6.

August 26 wife flew to Manila for I130 interveiw on August 27 2007.

August 27 2007 12:31 pm I130 Approved

wife arriving Nov 18th

WIFE ARRIVED Nov 18th!!!!

Website I made my wife!

http://rickrox.tripod.com/roxan1.html

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

In all honesty- I am more lonely here in the US with my husband.

I'm still adjusting and it can be tough sometimes. I miss my family and friends. I can't work yet- I am bored and frustrated.

It was tough going through the visa process and being separated- but there was an end and I am back in the US. I am happy about that.

I know it will take some time to find my place here.