dananawara

AP/AR, fiance visa egypt

39 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Please excuse me if I missed something but in the second line of your post you wrote that when you went overseas, you & your SO "decided to get married" and then you came back and filed the I129F.....in the title of this thread it states "fiance visa egypt"........are you married???.......did you get married during your stay in egypt?.......if so, you should have been filing for a spousal visa, not a fiance one.

I-130

8/07/06 mailed I-130 to VSC

8/17/06 NOA1

12/14/06 NOA2

1/24/07 sent I-824 to have I-130 forwarded to NVC

6/15/07 NVC case # assigned.............It's about time!!

9/16/07 case complete after 2 RFE's for DS230

10/9/07 Interview

10/16/07 VISA!!

I-129F

9/10/06 mailed I-129F

9/19/06 NOA1

12/15/06 NOA2

1/09/07 Packet 3 received from Cairo Embassy

2/12/07 Packet 3 returned to Cairo Embassy

5/6/07 Interview..........It's about time!!

ضَاقتْ فلّما استَحْكمَتْ حَلقا تها فُرِجَتْ..................وَ كِدْتُ أظنها لا تفرجُ

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
At the interview did he have to pay extra $ and give all 10 fingerprints? That is a clue for the security clearance route. Verus a "doubt of the relationship" route

Do you all think this is true? I could swear I have heard of people getting their visas who did NOT get any fingerprints taken.

:help:

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Timeline

Do you all think this is true? I could swear I have heard of people getting their visas who did NOT get any fingerprints taken .

methink this could happen only in case if the USCIS or the consulate already hav a record of the persons fingerprints .. ex. somebody who applied for a tourist visa a few weeks bfore his immigrant visa interview .

sometimes .. the consul would miss to collect the fingerprints at the visa interview and in these cases they call the applicant and ask him to come back for his fingerprint to be taken .

10 fingerprints is rarely needed .. in most cases it's just the two index .

also for immigrant visa interview we have to provide the embassy with a full fingerprints police report from a local police station .. but they still have to collect the two index fingerprints anyway .

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
( They ask him a FEW STUPID questions that OFCOURSE he didnt know ) .. (ex. what date i started my current job)

1- FEW .. i wouldn't be surprise if someone failed to provide a right answer for one question .. but a FEW ????

2- OFCOURSE .. why OFCOURSE ?????

3- STUPID .. ( ex.what date i started my current job ) oh mam do you think that this is a STUPID question .. so i'm really afraid to tell you some of the question that i have been asked !

Number 1: yes .. A FEW...what date I started my job??? Come on .. who cares.. it that the question that decides if you really love someone? I couldnt even tell you the date he started HIS job. Its not important to me... I dont care. What is the town of the main office I work from???? I work from my home.. why does it matter about the main office I work from, Im not there everyday.. Im in my home. why not ask what I do, about my life, about our time together? another question.... The date of the divorce from my ex (and I have only had 1 ex)? which was way before this relationship. I dont even know the date of my dicvorce. I coudnt even tell you right now thinking about it.. and you know what?? I DONT CARE. Why does that have anything to do with us. It wasnt like I had a short first marriage. I was married over 13 years. So yes.... i believe these are stupid questions. It has nothing to do with OUR relationship, OUR future. I didnt know this was something we had to study for. We are in an honest relationship and he went there (to his interview) and was honest. If I were dating a USC right now.. Im sure he wouldnt know the answers to these questions either...nor would expect him to...nor would I care if he didnt.

Number 2: Ofcourse... I say ofcourse because it is from personal experience of going to this embassy in Cairo in the past of the chaos that is there. My mother lost her passport about a year ago when we were there visiting my fiance and his family and noone wanted to help us. they would give us a quick answer (not very kindly at that) and send us to someone else who would do the same thing. All they wanted to do is get rid of us. You know.. Im sorry that they dont make very much money over there working for the government but when you are in a job that you have to provide customer service, then do your job.. or let someone else do it. I paid money for them to review a file on a genuine relationship as did everyone else who is in this forum. Now I dont know about everyone else here but I am a damn hard worker and I dont like to just give my money away for a bullshit interview like this one. Sooo....After hours of them doing this sending us here and sending us there...My fiance had to pay someone 10 pounds and guess what ??..the passport was done in 20 minutes ..like magic....mmmmm.....

and as for number #3.. Yes... my opinion still stands firm.... STUPID QUESTIONS!!!!!

dana

Timeline
Please excuse me if I missed something but in the second line of your post you wrote that when you went overseas, you & your SO "decided to get married" and then you came back and filed the I129F.....in the title of this thread it states "fiance visa egypt"........are you married???.......did you get married during your stay in egypt?.......if so, you should have been filing for a spousal visa, not a fiance one.

We DECIDED we would get married. We didnt do it right then. We wanted to do it in the states......

dana

Timeline

Number 1: yes .. A FEW...what date I started my job??? Come on .. who cares.. it that the question that decides if you really love someone?

i agree it's not the question that decides if you really Love someone .. BUT don't you think it's a question that decids if you really KNOW someone ?

mam i'm not against you as i can imagine the pain you feel .. we all here at VJ are in the same boat .. we have different names , IDs , faces but we all have the same feeling pain and fear and unfair .

as when i post my first reply i didn't mean for it to be offensive in anyway BUT at this point as a word of advise don't expect to resolve a problem without knowing what or where the problem is !

wish you the best luck in your journey .

Timeline

I don't know when I started my job and I also have no clue what the date of my divorce was. (I also haven't the faintest idea what my wedding date for my first marriage was). I never went over those questions with my husband. Just the basics like birthdates, ages of me and the kids, names of my siblings and parents. I mean even those things are kind of silly for him to know since he's never even met my siblings or my parents. I have no clue the exact ages of his sisters I just know they're in their twenties. I haven't the foggiest idea how old some of my best friends are for pete's sakes!!!!

I think you just got the bad interviewer. What did he look like? (not to start all THAT up again but now I'm curious lol )

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Timeline

Wael... please dont take my frustrations personally. Im sure Im far from being the only one here with these feelings. Im just angry at the system you know... Sometimes I think I am ashamed to be from a country where we can send our 18 year olds off to War.. and this is from experience (both brother and ex husband in Iraq for a year) I, myself am a prior military nurse. We give visas to terrorists that come and wreck planes into our buildings and kill thousands. I work hard and pay taxes for (and dont think Im prejudiced, because the next thing you will know, I will be getting hate mail from mexicans, and Im not because my ex was american but of mexican descent) all the other illegal people here to get free healthcare and governement assistence and when we ask the goverment for a favor, and not for free mind you, we had to pay money for these cases to get processed. But when we ask them to let our loved ones come here to be with us, work, pay taxes, etc.... and the best that they can come up with in an interview is.... when did she start her job.. it kind of pisses me off. dont you agree???

I don't know when I started my job and I also have no clue what the date of my divorce was. (I also haven't the faintest idea what my wedding date for my first marriage was). I never went over those questions with my husband. Just the basics like birthdates, ages of me and the kids, names of my siblings and parents. I mean even those things are kind of silly for him to know since he's never even met my siblings or my parents. I have no clue the exact ages of his sisters I just know they're in their twenties. I haven't the foggiest idea how old some of my best friends are for pete's sakes!!!!

I think you just got the bad interviewer. What did he look like? (not to start all THAT up again but now I'm curious lol )

hahahahahahaha... my fiance or the interviewer???

dana

Timeline

[and 1 more thing ... understand that for the first year, i thought things were going pretty smoothly.. its only during this time of AP/AR that im feeling like im helpless since theres nothing I can really do. Besides my sweetheart and our families I really had nowhere to turn to for advice, comments, etc... If you feel like Im becoming "overly assertive" (hahaha) its only because Ive had noone to vent to that knows what Im going through....and now I do.... Im open to any and all suggestions and/or advice......

dana

Timeline

I have no idea what he looked like.... my best guess would be black hair and dark skin.... hahahahaha

dana

Timeline

I have no idea what he looked like.... my best guess would be black hair and dark skin.... hahahahaha

there is one interviewer in particular that is hard on all of his interviewees so I just wondered what your interviewer looked like.

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Timeline

no mam i'm not taking it personaly as ofcourse i excuse your frustrations .. all what i was trying to do is to put a hand on the cause of this complecated situation ..

1 .. i would say that the USCIS were right when they told you there is no appeal or refile as long as you have a pending case .

2 .. instead of being interested in knowing WHY they sent it back to USCIS plz be advise to concentrate on knowing the SATUS of your case at the moment .. is it refused , did the petition expire !

because they won't give you a clear reason why it has been sent back to USCIS .. they don't tell anybody .

3 .. when it has been sent to Athen first , i believe this is the DHS and usualy cases take a long time there but yours was processed faster then others and then has been transfered to USCIS which is a good thing .

4 .. i don't know if the DV is a good idea as i don't even know if they will process any type of visa for an current applicant .. but i would say in the best chances it gives less than 1% hope which is not fair for both of you .

5 .. about the appeal VS refile .. i would say DCF REFILE is the best option .. specially if you get the chance to get married and apply for the K3 or CR1 at Cairo consulate .

6 .. i have been searching the other day and have found a very similar case as i think she knows more .. shee has gone thru all what happened in your case almost .. so you may want to contact her and see what she does recently ..

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showuser=16753 (vicki/bala )

7 .. i'm really sorry if my previous comments sounded rude and be sure it wasn't meant to be .. wish you the best luck in your next steps .

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Number 1: yes .. A FEW...what date I started my job??? Come on .. who cares.. it that the question that decides if you really love someone?

i agree it's not the question that decides if you really Love someone .. BUT don't you think it's a question that decids if you really KNOW someone ?

mam i'm not against you as i can imagine the pain you feel .. we all here at VJ are in the same boat .. we have different names , IDs , faces but we all have the same feeling pain and fear and unfair .

as when i post my first reply i didn't mean for it to be offensive in anyway BUT at this point as a word of advise don't expect to resolve a problem without knowing what or where the problem is !

wish you the best luck in your journey .

You must keep in mind that knowing these little details may be important in some couples relationship, but it isn't in everyones. I wouldn't know the first day that I started my job here if I didn't have it noted on my resume. I also didn't remember the date of my divorce. How could my husband possibly know things that I don't know myself? These interview questions just suck. In order to pass the test we must study. When you study it kind of feels like you are doing this to cheat the government rather than prove your love. My husband has been here now for 9 months and I can't tell you the color of his toothbrush.....who cares??? But what my husband does know is that every morning before I leave for work I kiss his cheek. He knows that when I come home I love it when he massages my back. He knows how much I love it when we are watching a movie and he wants to lay on the floor so we can hold each other. So too me how does knowing what day I started my job prove anything? It would just be rehearsed anyway.

Too the OP I am sorry to hear about your situation. At this point from what I am reading I am not convinced it is AR/AP. You get so many different answers that it is hard to sort it out. First, where is the petition? If it is in Washington then it is AP/AR. If it is back at the service center then the visa was denied and they have sent it back for them to revoke the petition. The main problem is that if they won't extend the petition then there really isn't anything you can do. An appeal is much more time consuming than refiling. On the other hand you now have a fraud marker on your names. This is a very delicate situation, and there are very few attorneys that are skilled in returned petitions. You must also know that although having your representative from either the congress or the senate is very useful, it isn't going to guarantee an approval or speed up the process. What they can do is ensure that your case doesn't fall between the cracks.

Just so you know, we had our case returned back in Aug of 2005. I had no idea what happened or where too turn. It seemed that although many people here on visa journey tried to help, they really had no idea either. Luckily I found someone that had this happen to them, and through her guidance, as well as a small support group, we won our case.

One very important thing you need to do is to figure out what these inconsistencies in your husbands marriage was. You are actually lucky you got that much information, they usually don't give any. Once you get to the bottom of this you can figure out your next approach, whether you wait it out and see if they decide to process your case, or they cancel and you have to refile. You will need to resolve their suspicions on this.

So you understand why the importance. In our case they asked my husband extensive questions about his sister and ex brother in law that lives here in the US. They mistakenly thought that these 2 were married, but it was to avoid the immigration laws. In reality they were never married, but the ex was from his other sister that has never been to the US. I believe they think that she paid me to marry him. When we got the Notice of Intent to deny our petition it stated the reason was that we had just met and married, small wedding, and no family and friends were there. Of course this was just standard ####### to deny a petition, deep down I knew that they had other suspicions. My rebuttal to the Notice was filled with proof of everything about our relationship. I also, even though it wasn't mentioned, gave them the proof of his sisters marriage as well as his ex. The petition was reaffirmed and sent back for a second interview. In his second interview they asked no questions, just wanted updated forms. They gave him back the rebuttal that I had sent in and on it was a sticky note mentioning his sister. This is why I knew it was an issue, and I was grateful that I choose to address it.

I hope this information helps, and I would like to talk to you more if you would like. Please send me a message if you are interested.

Big hugs to you!

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline
I don't know when I started my job and I also have no clue what the date of my divorce was. (

I have been with my husband for 10 years (since last weekend!) and married for over 7 and we have had two kids together. He would NOT know when i started my job. It was 14 years ago. In fact, up until july when I thought I should be getting a gift and looked it up, i thought i had been working at my job for 15 years not 14!!!!! So how would he know?! He was also married briefly before me, and there is know way he knows that wedding date let alone divorce date, nor do I!!! I didnt get asked those sorts of questions though at the time.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.