love story

I am afraid

76 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline
Wont have problem. Go ahead

Good luck for you both.

I don't think you can definitively say that they won't have a problem. You need to consider that he is from Morocco, which is one of the toughest consulates to get through. They may perceive him as playing musical fiances, one American doesn't work out, so move onto the next. I think they will have to make a VERY strong case for their relationship.

Good luck and do your homework!

well at first I APPERCIATE and RESPECT everyone is point of view,just i'd like to add that i have been there with him before and we did not fil anything yet we have pics and plane tickets and emails,so that was my first trip over there im saying that coz someone tought i only visited once or would only once ......how come he would play musical fiances and he wa frank with Consulate and asked them to cancel his stuff even before we decide anything regarding our life together...we will meet in person Twice before filling we have pics and plane tickets of 2 trips we have mails packets and rings receipts i think they need to be fair he was just being honest with Consulate ,

Prepare your proof of relationship very well, that's all. And be sure you know each other very, very well so he can answer their questions honestly and accurately. I know legitimate engagements can happen very quickly, but in the consulate's eyes, January 30 may not be that long ago to end one relationship and be engaged to a new USC, so they may look a bit more closely at your case. A friend's fiancé from Kenitra was supposed to interview January 30, and they canceled at the last minute. Even so, she went back and they were still trying to work things out in April (which the consulate in Casa probably knows, come to think of it). Seems like just yesterday to me. So anyway, just be aware of how the consulate may see it, and prepare accordingly.

I'm the USC.

11/05/2007........Conditional permanent residency effective date.

01/10/2008........Two-year green card in hand.

08/08/2009........Our son was born <3

08/08/2009........Filed for removal of conditions.

12/16/2009........ROC was approved.

11/05/2010........Eligible for Naturalization.

03/01/2011........Separated.

11/05/2012........Eligible for Naturalization.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

Good luck for you both.

I don't think you can definitively say that they won't have a problem. You need to consider that he is from Morocco, which is one of the toughest consulates to get through. They may perceive him as playing musical fiances, one American doesn't work out, so move onto the next. I think they will have to make a VERY strong case for their relationship.

well at first I APPERCIATE and RESPECT everyone is point of view,just i'd like to add that i have been there with him before and we did not fil anything yet we have pics and plane tickets and emails,so that was my first trip over there im saying that coz someone tought i only visited once or would only once ......how come he would play musical fiances and he wa frank with Consulate and asked them to cancel his stuff even before we decide anything regarding our life together...we will meet in person Twice before filling we have pics and plane tickets of 2 trips we have mails packets and rings receipts i think they need to be fair he was just being honest with Consulate ,

Who knows why, but unfortunately it happens. And adjudicators at 'high fraud' consulates know it happens - they watch for it and are particularly keen about uncovering anyone they suspect guilty of it.

It might be a good idea to get to know your man a bit better. If DOS thinks you don't, they will attempt to uncover what you don't know and you may not like the result.

i Know him enough and i have confident in what i know and the way i feel so we are both over that and thanks,wish us luck

Filed: Other Timeline
Morocco is a tough consulate to get through. Lots of guys looking for American women to use as papers to get to the U.S., so the consulate is extra suspicious.

If your guy had a petition filed for him earlier this year, even though he didn't go to the interview, and you don't yet know whether the case has been formally closed or whether his ex is still trying to keep it alive, you will likely have a more difficult time convincing the consulate that this guy who had another fiancee eight months ago is not trying to use you for an immigration benefit.

Check out the MENA forum; the girls there have seen just about everything and they may have some advice for you. In any case, make sure you document the relationship well on both of your visits.

Thanks for what ya had to say Caladan its greately apperciated..i just wanna add something else ,before i fill out im planning to ask the Consulate in Morocco first ,which i did and their reply was,they could not assist me because i need to contact USCIS so im keeping this email and he'll have it hopefully for his interview and he is a talkative person he defends in what he belives so he'll give them a rough time lol he is a tought nut to crack....well i'll contact USCIS too before i leave for my next trip and i'll see what they would say i'll call this week ,he still have the email he sent the consulate to have them cancel his interview and all they just said thanks for the informations and we will cancel ur stuff .

Not as rough a time as they might give him, especially if he decides to be disrespectful to the CO.

Timeline
Morocco is a tough consulate to get through. Lots of guys looking for American women to use as papers to get to the U.S., so the consulate is extra suspicious.

If your guy had a petition filed for him earlier this year, even though he didn't go to the interview, and you don't yet know whether the case has been formally closed or whether his ex is still trying to keep it alive, you will likely have a more difficult time convincing the consulate that this guy who had another fiancee eight months ago is not trying to use you for an immigration benefit.

Check out the MENA forum; the girls there have seen just about everything and they may have some advice for you. In any case, make sure you document the relationship well on both of your visits.

Thanks for what ya had to say Caladan its greately apperciated..i just wanna add something else ,before i fill out im planning to ask the Consulate in Morocco first ,which i did and their reply was,they could not assist me because i need to contact USCIS so im keeping this email and he'll have it hopefully for his interview and he is a talkative person he defends in what he belives so he'll give them a rough time lol he is a tought nut to crack....well i'll contact USCIS too before i leave for my next trip and i'll see what they would say i'll call this week ,he still have the email he sent the consulate to have them cancel his interview and all they just said thanks for the informations and we will cancel ur stuff .

NO no no not disrespectful at all he is very politev i meant he will convince in an amicable way of course his english is just lovely wonderful and i meant he will answer in the right way...THANKS

Not as rough a time as they might give him, especially if he decides to be disrespectful to the CO.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

To be honest, I think you're going to have a difficult time getting an approval out of Casa given the circumstances. The longer you wait and get to know each other, the better, IMO.

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

Who knows why, but unfortunately it happens. And adjudicators at 'high fraud' consulates know it happens - they watch for it and are particularly keen about uncovering anyone they suspect guilty of it.

It might be a good idea to get to know your man a bit better. If DOS thinks you don't, they will attempt to uncover what you don't know and you may not like the result.

This is very true. He and his ex are in the system. Make sure you know everything so you can respond accordingly. It is obvious that you care deeply for him and believe in him. So I know it sounds harsh when folks advise you to put the heart stuff aside for a bit and concentrate on the head stuff. But some folks here have seen a lot, and it's difficult to watch someone suffer through a bad experience when it might have been avoided. To use a very trite phrase, knowledge is power. Be strong, be prepared, keep your eyes open, and best of luck to you.

I'm the USC.

11/05/2007........Conditional permanent residency effective date.

01/10/2008........Two-year green card in hand.

08/08/2009........Our son was born <3

08/08/2009........Filed for removal of conditions.

12/16/2009........ROC was approved.

11/05/2010........Eligible for Naturalization.

03/01/2011........Separated.

11/05/2012........Eligible for Naturalization.

Timeline

This is very true. He and his ex are in the system. Make sure you know everything so you can respond accordingly. It is obvious that you care deeply for him and believe in him. So I know it sounds harsh when folks advise you to put the heart stuff aside for a bit and concentrate on the head stuff. But some folks here have seen a lot, and it's difficult to watch someone suffer through a bad experience when it might have been avoided. To use a very trite phrase, knowledge is power. Be strong, be prepared, keep your eyes open, and best of luck to you.

Absolutely. You stated that your fiance and his previous USC fiancee broke up for "whatever reasons". The consulate will definitely want to know what those reasons are, and they will also likely take into account the opinion of the previous fiancee, if she has contacted them.

I'm sorry to be so blunt, because I do realize that you are in love, however I must say that everything about this spells bad news, all around.

Filed: Other Timeline

I don't think you will have a problem he was not issued a visa so I don't see any thing that a past relationship would effect the visa process on your end.But to some it may look strange especially officials but you need to have as much proof as possible to prove you have a legimate relationship.

Love.Live.Learn

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

• For someone who professes to be a USC, your command of the English language and your writing skills leave me wondering.
  • The interview date with/for the former fiancee was January 30, 2007, per your post.
  • You have communications dating April 2007 which show a four-month relationship with your current fiancee, and you've decided to get married in the U.S. This leaves me wondering.
  • The fact that your communications started three months after the interview date leaves me wondering.
  • You characterize the former relationship as "... an affair with another american citizen ..." yet you were engaged to get married and filed a visa petition to marry in the U.S.
Huge red flags are popping up. Credibility is an issue here. I expect it will be an issue for the Casablanca.

well i been reading every information i could find on any emmigration websites,because seems no one before have faced our problem,my fiance and I are afraid of his old affair with an american citizen...because to cut it short he was engaged to her and she filled out for him a k1 visa to come to the states,her case has been approved by USCIS and his papers have been sent to the US consulate in his country,but for whatever reasons they broke up and things just did not go well between them,he wrote the consulate cancelling his appointment date for the interview one day before interview that she was supposed to be at 30 january 2007,i think she did the same but just a week ago she also wrote the consulate telling them they re together coz she was trying to make up and correct stuff and just work things out etc ,he did not want to go to interview and he has never been interviewed at the office,he also had her cancel his petition at USCIS ,she said she did but who knows we are nbot sure and we cant make sure ,last time he checked his case on USCIS its just showing what time they have been approved the case .....NOW i have been with him there and we spent a summer vacation together and im planning to go by November....i was a friend of him when he was already into the previous relationship ,it is more than one YEAR but i only have email since April 2007,coz we been talking only on Skype and not everyday just 2 to 4 times a week....WE are together now ,we have decided to apply a fiance visa for him to come here after i come back from there in November...I need to know if his past would catch up with us or nobody would care if he has been in an affair with another american citizen ,i am trying to get informations before i get on plane lol only 2 months ahead of me please if anyone can assist me i'd apperciate it .

THANKS for the help!!

MM and MS

San Francisco and Istanbul

I-129F Received (CSC): February 21, 2007

Filing Fee Check Cashed: February 26, 2007

NOA1 Issued: February 28, 2007

Touched: March 1, 2007

Touched: May 7, 2007

RFE Issued: May 8, 2007

RFE Reply Sent: June 25, 2007 (wrong PO Box)

RFE Reply Sent: July 12, 2007 (correct address)

RFE Reply Received (CSC): July 19, 2007

Touched: July 20, 2007

NOA2 Issued: July 27, 2007

Petition Received (NVC): August 20,2007

Petition Sent to Embassy (Ankara, Turkey): August 22, 2007

Packet 3 Arrived: September 11, 2007

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Good luck for you both.

I think Rukthur was being sarcastic. Younes, you are probably going to have BIG problems. I'd think long and hard on this one.

I never thought to sarcastic Younes. Just wanted to give her up. And tried to help her.

Each cases are differents.

Thank you Ionescu and julezabelle for understand me.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

Good luck for you both.

I think Rukthur was being sarcastic. Younes, you are probably going to have BIG problems. I'd think long and hard on this one.

I never thought to sarcastic Younes. Just wanted to give her up. And tried to help her.

Each cases are differents.

Thank you Ionescu and julezabelle for understand me.

But telling her she wont have any problems is giving her false hope. there are many red flags here and if she thinks there will be no problems shes going to freak out when the major problems come out. Its best she realises that the fact that this is the Moroccan consulate and its one of the hardest to begin with, shes not going to have an easy time with her fiance already having an interview this year already with a different USC.

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Timeline
  • For someone who professes to be a USC, your command of the English language and your writing skills leave me wondering.
  • The interview date with/for the former fiancee was January 30, 2007, per your post.
  • You have communications dating April 2007 which show a four-month relationship with your current fiancee, and you've decided to get married in the U.S. This leaves me wondering.
  • The fact that your communications started three months after the interview date leaves me wondering.
  • You characterize the former relationship as "... an affair with another american citizen ..." yet you were engaged to get married and filed a visa petition to marry in the U.S.
Huge red flags are popping up. Credibility is an issue here. I expect it will be an issue for the Casablanca.

well i been reading every information i could find on any emmigration websites,because seems no one before have faced our problem,my fiance and I are afraid of his old affair with an american citizen...because to cut it short he was engaged to her and she filled out for him a k1 visa to come to the states,her case has been approved by USCIS and his papers have been sent to the US consulate in his country,but for whatever reasons they broke up and things just did not go well between them,he wrote the consulate cancelling his appointment date for the interview one day before interview that she was supposed to be at 30 january 2007,i think she did the same but just a week ago she also wrote the consulate telling them they re together coz she was trying to make up and correct stuff and just work things out etc ,he did not want to go to interview and he has never been interviewed at the office,he also had her cancel his petition at USCIS ,she said she did but who knows we are nbot sure and we cant make sure ,last time he checked his case on USCIS its just showing what time they have been approved the case .....NOW i have been with him there and we spent a summer vacation together and im planning to go by November....i was a friend of him when he was already into the previous relationship ,it is more than one YEAR but i only have email since April 2007,coz we been talking only on Skype and not everyday just 2 to 4 times a week....WE are together now ,we have decided to apply a fiance visa for him to come here after i come back from there in November...I need to know if his past would catch up with us or nobody would care if he has been in an affair with another american citizen ,i am trying to get informations before i get on plane lol only 2 months ahead of me please if anyone can assist me i'd apperciate it .

THANKS for the help!!

THANKS MM MS for what ya had to say of course its greately apperciated but i think i had to add something else as well here....my boyfriend now(not a fiance officially yet),have been in the previous relationship with USC,and a couple months before 30 january(interview date) problems and obstacls started to pop up in their relationship,therefore and since they could NOT work things out they have decided to end everything....29 January to be exact he wrote the consulate telling them that they were no longer together and that she is just a friend of family and nothing more ...( im saying what he had to say to Consulate regardless of what she wrote)....the Consulate replied to my botfriend and they have just thank him in the email for the informations and said they will cancel his procesing and appointment date for interview.....you tought just in April we started the relationship which is not true ,WE KNOW each other and we started the friendship that has been developped now to a real love since September 2006,BUT i just can not prrove it because we did not save any emails and nothing ,we have talked online 2 to 4 times a week and sometimes on Skype program....i hope ya can understand this point.....NOW and to make it more clear for you folks .....I have visited him and we spent vacation there and we still at that time did not decide to file out anything....we have pics,plane tickets,emails SO FAR.....I am planning to go back there 2th November which is gona be my second golden trip to see my love.....after returning back home I WILL WAIT UNTILL 1th January 2008 to file out I HOPE IT WOULD WORK OUT THEN because ...everything was predestined and everyone can breake up with his fiance or wife that belongs to life and if they would want to ask him what was the reasons i belive my guy can listed them in such an amicable way...THANKS ALL FOR EVERY WORD YOU HAVE TYPED REGARDING MY ISSUE

Edited by Younes

Timeline

THANKS for the help!!

THANKS MM MS for what ya had to say of course its greately apperciated but i think i had to add something else as well here....my boyfriend now(not a fiance officially yet),have been in the previous relationship with USC,and a couple months before 30 january(interview date) problems and obstacls started to pop up in their relationship,therefore and since they could NOT work things out they have decided to end everything....29 January to be exact he wrote the consulate telling them that they were no longer together and that she is just a friend of family and nothing more ...( im saying what he had to say to Consulate regardless of what she wrote)....the Consulate replied to my botfriend and they have just thank him in the email for the informations and said they will cancel his procesing and appointment date for interview.....you tought just in April we started the relationship which is not true ,WE KNOW each other and we started the friendship that has been developped now to a real love since September 2006,BUT i just can not prrove it because we did not save any emails and nothing ,we have talked online 2 to 4 times a week and sometimes on Skype program....i hope ya can understand this point.....NOW and to make it more clear for you folks .....I have visited him and we spent vacation there and we still at that time did not decide to file out anything....we have pics,plane tickets,emails SO FAR.....I am planning to go back there 2th November which is gona be my second golden trip to see my love.....after returning back home I WILL WAIT UNTILL 1th January 2008 to file out I HOPE IT WOULD WORK OUT THEN because ...everything was predestined and everyone can breake up with his fiance or wife that belongs to life and if they would want to ask him what was the reasons i belive my guy can listed them in such an amicable way...THANKS ALL FOR EVERY WORD YOU HAVE TYPED REGARDING MY ISSUE

So your saying that while he was going to marry and in the process of a visa interview and approval with ANOTHER WOMAN, you were in a loving relationship with him? ok now this has gotten weird. and something doesnt add up for me.

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Timeline

THANKS for the help!!

So your saying that while he was going to marry and in the process of a visa interview and approval with ANOTHER WOMAN, you were in a loving relationship with him? ok now this has gotten weird. and something doesnt add up for me.

Not only that, but also this http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=85603

Timeline

THANKS for the help!!

Not only that, but also this http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=85603

alrighty then :whistle:

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.