MonopolyMoney

We got our interview date!

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Jeeze.. I never thought it would happen. I think I'm solely responsible for the Montreal Consulate no longer accepting phone calls for case status--sorry everyone! They kept telling me that our interview would be in November, but surprisingly, it's in October!!

So.. panic arises. I feel like we're down to the wire now (ohgodohgodIhopehesapproved!), and we're gathering everything we need for the interview in Montreal.

Here's what we have- original and 1 copy:

DS-156K (unsigned!)

I-134 Affidavit of Support

Letter of intent from me

Proof of ongoing relationship (photos and proof of visits)

Birth certificate, long form

Police certificate

DS-156 (only have 2 copies, sent in original)

DS-230 (only have 2 copies, sent in original)

Name change document

Original tickets to support evidence of our relationship (from the I-129F packet)

Photos (same as above)

His passport

Passport photos (although they are dated in May--does this matter? If so, we'll get them re-done)

*We'll get the mailing folder closer to the interview date.

*His medical is on September 11th.

Is there anything we've overlooked??

How did everyone else arrange their documents? Right now we have the originals in one manila folder, copies in another, and the whole I-129F packet in yet another. Then all of the folders are put in one big mailing packet. Does the Montreal Consulate prefer that the documents are in any particular order?

It's true that the consulate works on a first come, first serve basis, correct? So even if they named a time for our interview, we can show up at 7:30 and be helped first?

Ahhh! I can't believe this is finally happening!!

I-129F sent- 1/4/2007

I-129F received by Vermont Service Center- 1/8/2007

I-129F NOA1- 1/9/2007

Check cashed- 1/11/2007

I-129F NOA2- 1/24/2007

NVC received I-129F- 1/31/2007

Kurtis received packet from Montreal Consulate- 2/9/2007

Kurtis sent packet back to Montreal- 5/21/2007

Kurtis received interview date- 8/20/2007

Medical in Toronto- 9/11/2007

Interview in Montreal- 10/10/2007- APPROVED!

Received visa in mail- 10/15/2007

Traveled home to Massachusetts- 10/19/2007

Married- 10/31/2007

Mailed AOS packet- 1/23/2008

NOA issued- 1/30/2008

USCIS cashed check- 2/1/2008

Received RFE- 2/19/2008

Biometrics appointment- 2/21/2008 (in Providence, RI)

EAD application touched- 2/22/2008

Request for Evidence received by USCIS- 2/26/2008

EAD touched- 4/28/2008

AOS transferred to California Service Center- 5/16/2008

AOS touched- 5/27/2008

Called USCIS to have them do a case trace on our stale EAD- 5/27/2008

AOS touched- 5/29/2008

EAD card production ordered- 6/2/2008

AP approved- 6/2/2008

EAD received- 6/9/2008 (WOOHOO!!!!)

AP received- 6/9/2008

AOS touched- 6/19/2008

Total time it took to process EAD and AP- 129 days (boooo!)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats on the interview date!

When I went for my interview in Vancouver, I had the originals and copies together. Not sure how they do it in Montreal but they asked for them both at the same time (i.e., birth certificate -- original and copy) so if you keep them together there will be less fumbling. I also had everything in an accordian folder.

K3 Timeline - 2006-11-20 to 2007-03-19

See the comments section in my timeline for full details of my K3 dates, transfers and touches. Also see my Vancouver consulate review and my POE review.

AOS & EAD Timeline

2007-04-16: I-485 and I-765 sent to Chicago (My AOS/EAD checklist)

2007-04-17: Received at Chicago

2007-04-23: NOA1 date (both)

2007-05-10: Biometrics appointment (both - Biometrics review)

2007-06-05: AOS interview letter date

2007-06-13: AOS interview letter received in mail

2007-07-03: EAD card production ordered

2007-07-07: EAD card received! (yay!)

2007-08-23: AOS interview (Documents / Interview review)

2007-08-23: Green card production ordered!!!

2007-08-24: Welcome notice mailed!

2007-08-27: Green card production ordered again... ?

2007-08-28: Welcome notice received!

2007-09-01: Green card received!

Done with USCIS until May 23, 2009!

Filed: Timeline

From what I've heard, hand in the documents in the order specified in the packet 4 letter; 1 original + 1 copy so they can return your originals (otherwise I think they keep them, not sure though). You seem to be well prepared!!!! Also photocopies of all passport pages with stamps (just in case babeeee you never know!!!)

Congrats on the interview, L.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

congrats

hubby had the copy attached to the original via paperclip and a 2nd backup copy set aside in another folder. he wasnt asked in particular order and wasn't given advance notice ( a list if u will) as to how to organize and/or present them.........the person asked and he presented. so make sure the finace is familiar with each item so he can produce them as asked and without confusion........its quiz time.

again congrats and good luck

google.gif

Timeline

UGH stop it.

I have mine on Sept 12th and I'm NOT even going to think about it until my daughter is firmly locked up in University....lol

UGHHHHHHHHHHH......

2006/11/29 : I-129F Sent

2006/12/12: I-129F NOA1 (Receipt)

2007/02/22: I-129F NOA2 (Approved)

2007/03/06: Package Left From NVC

2007/03/21: Rec Instructions (Pkt 3)

2007/03/27: Pkt 3 sent to Montreal Consulate

2007/03/28: Pkt 3 rec. @ Montreal Consulate

2007/04/12: Entered into system

2007/04/19: Medical

2007/07/25: Phone call, interview Aug/Sept. Email, at least 6 months for interview

2007/08/01: Phone call, 5-7 months

2007/08/08: Phone call. INTERVIEW

2007/08/16: Interview letter arrives.

2007/09/03: My baby girl leaves for Trent University

2007/09/12: Interview@8:15 APPROVED

2007/09/19: Visa received in hand

2007/10/08: POE Sarnia/Port Huron

2007/10/09: Home

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

congrats!!! yep its pretty much first come first served. Elevator opens from the rear!!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Congrats on the interview date!

Everyone here's given some pretty good advice, so I'll just add: don't be nervous! :D

Nini - Vancouver BC, Canada (she's the one who does the forum thing)

Bee - Devon PA, USA (he's the one who gave her the shiny ring)

Getting our sanity tested by bureaucracy since 2007.

Here we go again...

Removal of conditions @ VSC

9/4/2010 - sent!

9/14/2010 - NOA

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congratulations and good luck! There are some great places in Old Montreal to go and celebrate afterwards:-)

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline
Jeeze.. I never thought it would happen. I think I'm solely responsible for the Montreal Consulate no longer accepting phone calls for case status--sorry everyone! They kept telling me that our interview would be in November, but surprisingly, it's in October!!

So.. panic arises. I feel like we're down to the wire now (ohgodohgodIhopehesapproved!), and we're gathering everything we need for the interview in Montreal.

DS-156K (unsigned!)

Letter of intent from me

Police certificate

Name change document

Original tickets to support evidence of our relationship (from the I-129F packet)

Photos (same as above)

His passport

Passport photos (although they are dated in May--does this matter? If so, we'll get them re-done)

How did everyone else arrange their documents? Right now we have the originals in one manila folder, copies in another, and the whole I-129F packet in yet another. Then all of the folders are put in one big mailing packet. Does the Montreal Consulate prefer that the documents are in any particular order?

It's true that the consulate works on a first come, first serve basis, correct? So even if they named a time for our interview, we can show up at 7:30 and be helped first?

Remember to take $100 US they'll be looking for it Congrats and good luck

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

DS-156K (unsigned!)

Letter of intent from me

Police certificate

Name change document

Photos (same as above)

His passport

Remember to take $100 US they'll be looking for it Congrats and good luck

Supposedly they don't like even manila envelopes in the consulate. Vellum or clear plastic accordian folders are least likely to cause a hassle but I fail to see how there would be a problem with a manila folder. Take the original and at least two copies of everything. BTW, CONGRATS!!!!!!!

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

good luck....you will do fine!!!

BTW I had all my stuff in an accordian folder with everything marked at the top so when I was asked for certain things I was able to hand it over right away. I had my copies clipped behind the originals. I also took a lot of photos of us in different situations as well.

Make sure he has NO electronic devices on him whatsoever.

:)

Oct 1/09 - I-751 package sent

Oct 3 - package delivered

Oct 5 - NOA mailed

Oct 13 - 1st NOA received and additional letters for my daughters I filed with. NOAs stated Resident Status

has been extended for 1 year and that we will be receiving a letter for an ASC appointment for

fingerprints, photo, and signature.

Dec 2009 - Received 10 year permanent resident card.

Feb 2010 - My children received their 10 year permanent resident cards.

Oct 2010 - My children were legally adopted by my USA Citizen husband.

good luck with the interview! :thumbs: BTW, the elevator isn't big by any means. When I read where everyone said it exits in the back, I pictured a huge freight elevator.

CIS Office : Philadelphia PA

08/25/09 I-751 Sent to VSC

08/26/09 Package arrives at VSC

08/31/09 Check is Cashed/Clears

08/27/09 NOA

09/24/09 Biometrics

11/24/09 Approval letter arrives!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.