MelindaandTarek

Happy Monday

54 posts in this topic

:dead:

(LaL - trying to focus on the positive....)

how's the new fridge? :unsure:

new appliances, new windows, door & garage are all fab :D...

im trying to focus on the positive with regards to immigration, but the neg is winning today.

Edited by LaL

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

new appliances, new windows, door & garage are all fab :D...

im trying to focus on the positive with regards to immigration, but the neg is winning today.

what was that about dumb and dumber installing the fridge? i need a good story :D

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Timeline

Tip of the day....Do NOT file a K3, go for the CR1. K3 is a BS visa. Hindsight being 20/20, waiting an extra month or so and paying the extra $ for the CR1 is so worth it. Waiting on an EAD is BS!!!!! A wise woman once told me that importing a husband is like adopting a retarded (sorry for the word) toddler. OMG it's soooooooo true!

"Be careful what you wish for cuz you just might get it all, you just might get it all...and then some you don't want."

Edited by moody

Filed: Other Country: Egypt
Timeline
Good Morning everyone! Monday came again and I really don't feel like going to work, but not much choice this morning..hahaaa....

I hope that everyone has a great week and that we hear some good news for those of you waiting on AP - those waiting for NOA2 and those leaving soon to be reunified w/your SO.........

I so very much agree with what you said. Hope and pray that Cairo gets some movement going on our visas this week.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Tip of the day....Do NOT file a K3, go for the CR1. K3 is a BS visa. Hindsight being 20/20, waiting an extra month or so and paying the extra $ for the CR1 is so worth it. Waiting on an EAD is BS!!!!! A wise woman once told me that importing a husband is like adopting a retarded (sorry for the word) toddler. OMG it's soooooooo true!

"Be careful what you wish for cuz you just might get it all, you just might get it all...and then some you don't want."

I think the grass is always greener, you know? I mean the extra month for the CR1 is spent apart from each other while the EAD is spent with each other. When you're on the other side waiting for him to come you can't bear to think of another month apart yet when you're with each other the frustration of waiting on that EAD is just killer.

Plus it seems like it's way more than just one month for the CR1. Seems like the security checks and AP are just about doubled when the CR1 is applied for. Just how I've seen it anyways.

Has he started volunteering anywhere to keep himself busy or is the transportation thing a big issue?

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Waiting for an EAD has taken us 3 mos and at this point I'd rather be alone waiting. At least I'd have my house to myself and free time. I know that sounds horrible but I'm not equipped to be the sole bread winner forever. I'm starting to get REALLY resentful. I know I cried myself a long, deep river while waiting for Moh to get here. I feel kinda foolish looking back on it now. I love the guy but if he doesn't get that EAD soon and get his azz off the couch I'm gonna be taken away by the men in the white coats. We definitely have transportation issues where I live. Public transit sucks and he can't drive yet. The guy has been very patient but I believe his patience has just about ran out, mine too. Can grown ups run away from home?

I think the grass is always greener, you know? I mean the extra month for the CR1 is spent apart from each other while the EAD is spent with each other. When you're on the other side waiting for him to come you can't bear to think of another month apart yet when you're with each other the frustration of waiting on that EAD is just killer.

Plus it seems like it's way more than just one month for the CR1. Seems like the security checks and AP are just about doubled when the CR1 is applied for. Just how I've seen it anyways.

Has he started volunteering anywhere to keep himself busy or is the transportation thing a big issue?

new appliances, new windows, door & garage are all fab :D ...

what was that about dumb and dumber installing the fridge? i need a good story :D

Fridge Fiasco

12:20pm - Guys arrive late - couldn't find my home even though they were here a week earlier with a different delivery. :unsure:

1:20pm - after measuring the space for the new fridge & the doorway 11 times to ensure fit, and asking US if it will fit another 23 times, they finally decide to bring it in. Wrap up decrepit fridge - haul away.

1:17pm - realize there is something horribly wrong about to go down, have to message RJ and VJ

1:45pm - turn off the water! turn off the water?? turn off the water please! ok i will turn off the water! pliers? pliers? who took the pliers? where are the pliers... i think he took the pliers. maybe they are in the truck (depart dumb #1 leaving water splooshing out onto the floor, dumb # 2 is on a pliers crusade of his own)

2:00pm - hmmm.

2:15pm - hmmm.

2:35pm - we need a pipe cutter. yes we need a pipe cutter - do YOU have one? (speaking to me) um noooo - didn't you bring tools? "welllll, they got stolen". (blank stares from us)

2:40pm - my dear irritated husband leaves to Walmart to BUY a pipe cutter. *Phone Rings* - "LaL there are no pipe cutters here. what do I do?" message is relayed by me to d#1 & d#2. (receive blank stares in return)

2:45pm - called hubby back. "Del ~ they want you to go to Lowe's"... (begin to hear massive amounts of noise on the other end of the phone only discernable words were - THEY ARE FROM LOWE'S!!!!)

2:55pm - hubby returns, they leave to go back to their store.

3:35pm - installers return. by this time I am tuning everything out until they say - "all set, sorry for any inconvenience".

Moody - I TOTALLY agree with the K3 thing. Its ####### IMHO, and even with our K1 - If I was able to go back and do it again , I would do a CR1. Having to go through 2 separate "checks" is redundant and st00pid. Over 3 years and not done? Give me a break.

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline
Waiting for an EAD has taken us 3 mos and at this point I'd rather be alone waiting. At least I'd have my house to myself and free time. I know that sounds horrible but I'm not equipped to be the sole bread winner forever. I'm starting to get REALLY resentful. I know I cried myself a long, deep river while waiting for Moh to get here. I feel kinda foolish looking back on it now. I love the guy but if he doesn't get that EAD soon and get his azz off the couch I'm gonna be taken away by the men in the white coats. We definitely have transportation issues where I live. Public transit sucks and he can't drive yet. The guy has been very patient but I believe his patience has just about ran out, mine too. Can grown ups run away from home?

We didnt do a K3 but I know waiting for the K1 EAD was MUCH harder than either of us had ever even begun to imagine it would be. We also had an RFE for immunizations on the AOS and it held up the EAD for an additional 6 weeks and I can tell you by the end of that we were both at each others throats and just about over the edge. Everyone thinks its easier to do some of the waiting together but I am not at all sure I beleive that to be true. Anyway hang in there Kara! Hopefully you will hear something soon :)

Hey, has anyone heard from Dee lately? Wondering how things are going for her......

Photo1949-1.jpg

5GTLm7.png

We didnt do a K3 but I know waiting for the K1 EAD was MUCH harder than either of us had ever even begun to imagine it would be. We also had an RFE for immunizations on the AOS and it held up the EAD for an additional 6 weeks and I can tell you by the end of that we were both at each others throats and just about over the edge. Everyone thinks its easier to do some of the waiting together but I am not at all sure I beleive that to be true. Anyway hang in there Kara! Hopefully you will hear something soon :)

Hey, has anyone heard from Dee lately? Wondering how things are going for her......

This is pretty much how I feel about the lack of interim benefits during the AOS phase. 3 months for an EAD, seriously I much preferred living our lives as normal (relatively) in our own countries with our own schedules. This one *tiny* piece was a pretty difficult part of the process, but hard to imagine when you are still separated.

Also - I would think it is such a wonderful thing for the SO to step off the plane and have everything they need to "start" when THEY are ready - not when the government tells them they are.

Thanks, Sara and Laura (F)

I was one of those who said...all I want is to have him here, I don't care how long it takes for him to work, etc. Oh do I ever regret those words. I want so badly to blame him for it but it's not his fault. It's easier to have at him than to call USCIS and yell irrational things into the phone. We had a completely irrational argument over a candy bar last night, ppl! Seriously, who does that???? Hopefully we're at the end of the waiting for the EAD. Moh called last Wed and they told him if he didn't hear anything within a week to call back. But once he has the EAD then what? He still can't drive by himself. I'm not helping myself by being miss doom and gloom, thinking completely negatively. Sorry for the rants today. I'm really frustrated.

Edited by moody

Happy new week to everyone. I hope that those who are stil waiting and waiting and waiting and..........>>> will receive some good news this week :thumbs:

o5cni131ii.png

Lifting Conditions

CIS Office : California Service Center

Date Filed : 2009-05-04

NOA Date : 2009-05-21

Online USCIS website: 06-03-2009 ( so am I a May or June filer now.)

Bio. Appt. : 2009-07-24 (walk-in on 07/14/09 and accepted)

*Touch*: 07-15-2009

Card ordered: 2009-08-26

Letter received approved: dated 08-22-2009 :o

*touch* : 2009-08-31

Green card recvd: 2009-09-01

April 2010: Eligible to file for US citizenship

My handmade Jewelry

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
This is pretty much how I feel about the lack of interim benefits during the AOS phase.

Just curious what does this mean exactly? What benefits?

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
This is pretty much how I feel about the lack of interim benefits during the AOS phase.

Just curious what does this mean exactly? What benefits?

Aside from the EAD itself, she's probably referring to all of the things that you need a green card to do. Depending on where you live, that could mean driver's license, home mortgages, tuition, etc.

Thanks, Sara and Laura (F)

I was one of those who said...all I want is to have him here, I don't care how long it takes for him to work, etc. Oh do I ever regret those words. I want so badly to blame him for it but it's not his fault. It's easier to have at him than to call USCIS and yell irrational things into the phone. We had a completely irrational argument over a candy bar last night, ppl! Seriously, who does that???? Hopefully we're at the end of the waiting for the EAD. Moh called last Wed and they told him if he didn't hear anything within a week to call back. But once he has the EAD then what? He still can't drive by himself. I'm not helping myself by being miss doom and gloom, thinking completely negatively. Sorry for the rants today. I'm really frustrated.

Moody, It took a little over 90 days for us and not to mention going to SS office and waiting an additional week for his card to be mailed. Hang in there!!

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.