DestinationUSA

Bringing gifts to Russia.... suggestions??

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline
:huh: Okay.. I have a question regarding gift ideas to bring to Russia. I will be meeting my fiancee's teen-age daughter, parents, and older sister in person for the first time in December. I would like to present them with a few gifts of kindness. Any suggestions on what would be nice gifts to give them?

:huh: Okay.. I have a question regarding gift ideas to bring to Russia. I will be meeting my fiancee's teen-age daughter, parents, and older sister in person for the first time in December. I would like to present them with a few gifts of kindness. Any suggestions on what would be nice gifts to give them?

CHOCOLATE is the universal gift!

Oops Maybe not in Germany!

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

A photo album filled with photos of you and your family maybe? Whiskey? Historical items from your hometown like books, calendars, magazines? you could make a video documentary of your life at home with your friends and family, edit it together in a nice package.... Music maybe? As long as its not food items, almost anything is good idea.

22 Jun 05 - We met in a tiny bar in Williamsburg, Va. (spent all summer together)

27 May 06 - Sasha comes back for a 2nd glorious summer (spent 8 months apart)

01 Jan 07 - Jason travels to Moscow for 2 weeks with Sasha

27 May 07 - Jason again travels to Moscow for 2 weeks of perfection

14 July 07 - I-129F and all related documents sent to VSC

16 July 07 - I-129F delivered to VSC and signed for by P. Novak

20 July 07 - NOA1 issued / receipt number assigned

27 Sep 07 - Jason travels to Moscow to be with Sasha for 2 weeks

28 Nov 07 - NOA2 issued...TOUCHED!...then...APPROVED!!!

01 Dec 07 - NVC receives/assigns case #

04 Dec 07 - NVC sends case to U.S. Embassy Moscow

26 Dec 07 - Jason visits Sasha in Russia for the 4th and final time of 2007 :)

22 Feb 08 - Moscow Interview! (APPROVED!!!)..Yay!

24 Mar 08 - Sasha and Jason reunite in the U.S. :)

31 May 08 - Married

29 Dec 08- Alexander is born

11 Jan 10 - AOS / AP / EAD package sent

19 Jan 10 - AOS NOA1 / AP NOA1 / EAD NOA1

08 Feb 10 - AOS case transferred to CSC

16 Mar 10 - AP received

16 Mar 10 - AOS approved

19 Mar 10 - EAD received

22 Mar 10 - GC received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

You didn't mention your budget? Here's my suggestions.

For Parents: Kentucky Whiskey or Mexican Tequila (Something top shelf), Leather slippers

For Teenage Daughter: A cool hoodie with American slogan from a trendy store, iPod Nano

For Older Sister: Godiva chocolates and a California Red wine.

Jeffery AND Alla.

0 kilometers physically separates us!

K-1 Visa Granted... Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Alla ARRIVED to America... Wednesday, 12 November 2008

russia_a.gif Алла и Джеффри USA_a.gif

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

It definitely would NOT be chocolate because Russian chocolate is the best in the world. when I travel internationally I have found girls and women love to get body lotions, body wash, fingernail polish, lipstick, etc. They also appreciate new towels, like bath and face cloths, etc. The towels in Russia are very thin and useless.

9/5/2004 met

7/4/2006 visited for 1 week in Russia (Independence Day!)

12/26/06 three week visit in the U.S.

4/6/07 He came to US for 6 glorious weeks

5/20/07 He returned to Ufa, RU

5/24/07 Mailed I-129F to NSC!!!!!

5/25/07 Received and signed for by F Heinauer, NSC

6/11/07 NOA1 (NEVER received hard copy)

8/23/07 Ramzis comes to America for another visit

10/02/07 Ramzis returns to Russia

11/06/07 NOA2 at LAST!!!

12/17/07 Received at NVC (at last!)

12/18/07 Sent to Moscow Embassy & New NVC Case Number

12/21/07 Received at 11:08 a.m. Moscow Embassy

1/25/08 Received packet from Embassy

03/07/08 Interview 8:00 a.m. Moscow Embassy! VISA APPROVED!!!

03/13/08 Visa in Hand

03/14/08 Flying to U.S. - Detroit POE

03/15/08 Our Wedding Day!

AOS Timeline

3/21/08 - Packet sent to Chicago Lockbox

3/24/08 - Packet received and signed for

3/28/08 - NOA1 received in the mail - EAD & AOS - check cashed

4/15/08 - Biometrics

5/5/08 - AOS interview notice received in the mail (will be in Detroit, June 12, 2008)

6/2/08 - EAD card ordered (CRIS email)

6/5/08 - EAD RECEIVED IN THE MAIL

6/12/08 - Permanent Resident APPROVAL! Green Card on the Way!

6/23/08 - Green Card Received!!!

Yeah - to be fair, despite my love of hershey kisses mini cookies and reeses, US chocolate isn't much to write home about ;)

I think cool t-shirt/hoodie is a good idea for the teenage daughter though. Contrary to Jason/Sasha's opinion (ooooh!!) I think bringing food might be a good idea if you can find something you would class as traditional from your area - it doesn't have to be the only thing you bring but I know when my OH came to the UK from California for the first time we got him trying everything we could think of that was British. Likewise when I went to the US I tried things we don't get here like corndogs (yum!), cornbread (now that's an idea - you can pick up the packs in the grocery store for next to nothing!), ranch dressing etc :)

Now I'm all hungry... and I'm on a diet for my wedding!! No fair!

*runs off to dream of corndogs*

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Traditional items for parents - calendars, souvenirs, alcohol with some story/booklet "This wine is from blah...and they have old traditions there...blah-blah" A small nice carpet/rug. Towels. Soft bathrobes. A big book with big photos of USA natural wonders. Guinness records book. Just writing down what comes to my mind.

The girls: cool brand-name clothes (from an outlet store) - sports clothes, jackets, tops, T-shirts, blouses, sport shoes, pretty flip-flops. They would be happy! They know and respect Nike , Reebok there. Buying clothes and shoes in Russia sucks, it's either cheap low quality Chinese items pretending "famous brand names" , or it is good quality and fairly expensive. That's what I like about clothes here in North America - there is "golden middle" and brand names are affordable (I am Russian myself)

A purse. Women from 0 to 100 y.o. love purses. Cosmetics in all shapes and forms.

Jewelry - silver or whatever, sorry I don't know your budget.

Chocolate never hurts:)) especially in a nice souvenir box. Souvenir tea.

A nice picture or a photo of something American in a frame - like Manhattan skyline.

Depends as well if they live in a big city or in the country. In the country people are pretty easy about anything, in Moscow or St Petersburg they can be more selective with their taste.

Have a great trip!

5 Feb 2007 NOA1

1 May 2007 NOA2

12 July 2007 Interview in Vancouver, RFE

17 July 2007 Visa in hand

18 July 2007 Arrived in the US

07 Aug 07 Married

29 Aug 07 Applied for AOS

20 Oct 07 Biometrics scheduled

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.