Trust in a Relationship....

155 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Ok, what or who is sweet fa?

sweet ** all

sounds like a good name for a streetwalker :lol:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Timeline
It's got sweet fa to do with you or how you like money, or who's got what, or whatever your thinking at the moment.

Trust me.

Fantastic! Now let's move on, eh?

Edit: Before we move on...what was the

Eh. Personally, I'm into my relationship for the money.

You know. All that dough he threw at me to get him a greencard.

for?

Well first of all it was lighthanded.

Second, if there is some 'wondering' about why trust might NOT be first in an international relationship (that involves a visa and immigrating to America), is there some wondering about as to what other motivations there might be for the relationship?

Like money.

Filed: Timeline
It's got sweet fa to do with you or how you like money, or who's got what, or whatever your thinking at the moment.

Trust me.

for?

Second, if there is some 'wondering' about why trust might NOT be first in an international relationship (that involves a visa and immigrating to America), is there some wondering about as to what other motivations there might be for the relationship?

Like money.

Ahhh ok then. My bad. I thought it was a swipe at something I posted elsewhere....

I apologize!

Trust me.

for?

Like money.

Ahhh ok then. My bad. I thought it was a swipe at something I posted elsewhere....

I apologize!

Thank you. It's not a problem.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
And it ends with a whimper........

LOL

not everything has to be a flame war :devil:

anyone else notice steven did an exit stage left? :whistle:

eta: i see jinky gave him back the keyboard, he's reading now :lol:

Edited by charlesandnessa

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

And it ends with a whimper........

LOL

not everything has to be a flame war :devil:

anyone else notice steven did an exit stage left? :whistle:

eta: i see jinky gave him back the keyboard, he's reading now :lol:

hahahahhaha!!!!!

I'm callin you butter cos you on a rolllllllllllllllllllllll

*ba dum ching*

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
What exactly were you expecting? :wacko:

I was thinking that since you focused this thread on trust in a relationship when it came to fidelity if you'd share an experience where your relationship was faced with that issue. You and David have been together for 6 + years, yes? You lived together for several, yes? Certainly you two have dealt with bigger issues of trust then little white lies, no?

I was thinking that since you focused this thread on trust in a relationship when it came to fidelity if you'd share an experience where your relationship was faced with that issue. You and David have been together for 6 + years, yes? You lived together for several, yes? Certainly you two have dealt with bigger issues of trust then little white lies, no?

I already explained why I started this thread. It's not for any hidden meaning. I've read many different threads on here when there's clearly no trust, so I began to wonder how many other people felt that way.

Actually, no we haven't dealt with any trust issues like lies and whatnot. Amazing to say, but it's true.

I will share something that's a little different than trust, but learning to depend on someone....which is kinda based in trust. Years ago & QUITE early on, D was over for a visit. We went to my fam's so he could meet them. We were all leaving the house when I noticed a moth inside the house. It was big and it scared me and I started screaming. My dad was already outside & I'm screamin to D 'go get my dad!' and he's all 'gtf outta the way and I'll deal with it...I'm not gettin your dad over a moth' lol. Needless to say, I didn't gtf outta the way, and I wound up accidentally killing the moth on a silk lampshade. I felt bad for the moth (I was actually trying to free it even though it completely grossed me out), and it stained the lampshade :(

And yeah, I was being completely ridiculous.

Anyways, I was upset...D was angry at me for not trusting him to 'kill my moth'. It's hard for a confessed control freak to trust someone enough to know you can depend on that person to look out for you, but that's just what I learned to do. (I'm talking on a bigger scale than just the poxy moth btw). Because of him. And now, he'll do things on his own that totally kill my moths, and he's all 'I told you I'll always kill your moths.'

It's a very special phrase to us....We're even workin the 'kill your moths' into the wedding vows. It was a real turning point in our relationship.

Well, so that's my only real trust story with D. Sorry to disappoint, but there's no sordid 'HE'S SUCH A LIAR!!!!!!' meaning behind any of this.

Edited by LisaD

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I already explained why I started this thread. It's not for any hidden meaning. I've read many different threads on here when there's clearly no trust, so I began to wonder how many other people felt that way.

Actually, no we haven't dealt with any trust issues like lies and whatnot. Amazing to say, but it's true.

I will share something that's a little different than trust, but learning to depend on someone....which is kinda based in trust. Years ago & QUITE early on, D was over for a visit. We went to my fam's so he could meet them. We were all leaving the house when I noticed a moth inside the house. It was big and it scared me and I started screaming. My dad was already outside & I'm screamin to D 'go get my dad!' and he's all 'gtf outta the way and I'll deal with it...I'm not gettin your dad over a moth' lol. Needless to say, I didn't gtf outta the way, and I wound up accidentally killing the moth on a silk lampshade. I felt bad for the moth (I was actually trying to free it even though it completely grossed me out), and it stained the lampshade :(

Anyways, I was upset...D was angry at me for not trusting him to 'kill my moth'. It's hard for a confessed control freak to trust someone enough to know you can depend on that person to look out for you, but that's just what I learned to do. (I'm talking on a bigger scale than just the poxy moth btw). Because of him. And now, he'll do things on his own that totally kill my moths, and he's all 'I told you I'll always kill your moths.'

It's a very special phrase to us....We're even workin the 'kill your moths' into the wedding vows. It was a real turning point in our relationship.

Well, so that's my only real trust story with D. Sorry to disappoint, but there's no sordid 'HE'S SUCH A LIAR!!!!!!' meaning behind any of this.

I wasn't looking for one, just an honest experience where trust was an issue. From my experience, every relationship I've been in, I was faced with challenges of trust, big or small. Most big ones are the end of the relationship, however, there have been marriages that have survived infidelity. I don't think anyone sets off in their mind that they are going to enter into a marriage where trust is a problem.

I wasn't looking for one, just an honest experience where trust was an issue. From my experience, every relationship I've been in, I was faced with challenges of trust, big or small. Most big ones are the end of the relationship, however, there have been marriages that have survived infidelity. I don't think anyone sets off in their mind that they are going to enter into a marriage where trust is a problem.

My first marriage survived infidelity.

What it didn't survive was the breaking of thousands of other little promises after 'the big sin' had been committed.

I don't think marriage is about 'trust' first. I think it's about the character of the people involved.