wael253

Letter To The Consul Of The U.S Embassy In Cairo

25 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

for the last couple of days i felt that i need to ask these questions and was seriously thinking of sending this letter to the Consul hoping that i may get the answer for my questions or even one of my questions , any of them .. BUT when i finished it , i start reading it again and there i did remember that my letter or even another hundred letters and all of my questions will only get the one typical consular answer , their perfect answer that they keep for any question , their answer that will hit you once they see the ( question makr ? ) before even looking at or reading your question .. as we all know their answer in this case or any other case ( your case still pending the neccessary administrative process )

when i remembered that , i decided to post it here instead of sending it to the consul and at least save time and money and save myself of geting hit by their smart answer that nobody of us ever understood what it means :)

what if you had a dream , as simple as a wife and a happy life ..

then someone comes to stab your dream with a knife ..

would you feel too sad , would you go so mad .. or would you just take it and be happy or glad !

what if they have assured you .. that if you just wait .. everything will be alright ..

they told you , they promisd you .. it won't be so late .. until you see the light ..

tell me how would you feel .. if you waited too long

lonely and only wondring .. what did you do so wrong !

what if you can't take .. any pullshit or ####### , or things being fake ..

tell me for heavens sake .. how would you feel if that's , all what they give or take !

what if you try and try and try .. to know what's happening, how and why .. but all what they give you is a new lie ..

i bet you would cry until your tears dry .. or you may get despair of feeling so unfair , or being hopless guy !

Signature, ( someone who feels all what you see in this letter and more )

Case Number, CRO#######

Edited by wael253

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Dear Sir/Madam:

Your case is undergoing the necessary Administrative Processing.

Cairo Consulate

:innocent:

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Dear Wael,

It looks like all of us going through the administrative processing feel this way. However, I am not sure it is lies we are getting ( at least not the case with Ahmed and I). It is just not the answers we want to hear. It would be better if we had some idea as to why the administrative process takes so long. However, if they told everyone what was going wrong with their case, can you imagine the upset this would create? Maybe they have the right idea, waiting until the cases are completely processed so we can rectify any mistakes all at once. I too think the whole process should be faster. But then I stop and think about it, and how many marriages end in divorice in the USA? There are alot. With time, we get to know our partners better.

I am not saying this process makes things any easier. In fact, the administrative process is enough to drive anyone completely nuts! It wears on the nerves after a while. We should only be thankful we have the VJ site we can come to and vent our frustrations. Before this site, it felt like we were the only two trying to accomplish this, and we thought we were doing something wrong because we were not getting answers fast enough. At least now, with the VJ site we know it is nothing personal that the embassy ignores us. We are simply one in a line of people waiting day after day, week after week, month after month............

Hang in there. We are all here for you.

Never give up,

Sue

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

My husband actually did write a letter telling them how much he missed me, loved me etc and he received that same notorious response. They don't care. :( It would be interesting to see what they said though

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

The last correspondence that I had with our Congress Rep's office, they told me that the FBI background checks or a/k/a "Administrative Processing" is what would take the most time. She said because their systems or so old and because there is not one system that all of this information is dumped into, often times they are required to make checks by telephone or by foot. She told me the process could take at least a year, which in our case was just about right on the money!

MoFlair.jpgbadsign.jpgfaris.jpgpassport.jpg

Timeline
Dear Wael,

It looks like all of us going through the administrative processing feel this way. However, I am not sure it is lies we are getting ( at least not the case with Ahmed and I). It is just not the answers we want to hear. It would be better if we had some idea as to why the administrative process takes so long. However, if they told everyone what was going wrong with their case, can you imagine the upset this would create? Maybe they have the right idea, waiting until the cases are completely processed so we can rectify any mistakes all at once. I too think the whole process should be faster. But then I stop and think about it, and how many marriages end in divorice in the USA? There are alot. With time, we get to know our partners better.

I am not saying this process makes things any easier. In fact, the administrative process is enough to drive anyone completely nuts! It wears on the nerves after a while. We should only be thankful we have the VJ site we can come to and vent our frustrations. Before this site, it felt like we were the only two trying to accomplish this, and we thought we were doing something wrong because we were not getting answers fast enough. At least now, with the VJ site we know it is nothing personal that the embassy ignores us. We are simply one in a line of people waiting day after day, week after week, month after month............

Hang in there. We are all here for you.

Never give up,

Sue

The thing that is so very frustrating to me though is that although I know AP is an unknown and takes a long time....why are some consulates much more efficient at it than others?

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: Timeline
Dear Sir/Madam:

Cairo Consulate

:innocent:

Same thing I got from both my conress man and senator with some other scary words too boot." Most cases take weeks moths, years and in some instances a few never get resoloved". The last words of the letter made me have a nervous break down. Any way if your stuck in security checks its useless to contact your respresentative for help as it is there is nothing they can do to expidite the security checks as its out of their area.

Edited by The_dip_sticks

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline
The thing that is so very frustrating to me though is that although I know AP is an unknown and takes a long time....why are some consulates much more efficient at it than others?

well thats the million dollar question, isnt it? I've had numerous discussions about this with other Vjers, my husband, other MENA immigrants, etc. And given that none of us have any actual FACTS, my THEORY is that in some countries the internal recordkeeping is better, and in some countries the names are not as common and repetitive. For example, its fairly normal for many egyptians to use the name format of name-father's name-grandfather's name. Although there IS a family name many people dont use it much if at all. SO in that kind of a system it would be very common to have many many people with the same or similar names and therefore the 'name hits' are just more numerous and take longer to clear.

and then, pure speculation here, but it seems like at least some of the 'research' or 'processing' is done in the US and some in the beneficiary's country, so I have to beleive that the accuracy of that country's data can come in to play. For example, my husband spent several years in the military in Morocco, so when it came time for him to be processed his country could, if needed, provide fairly accurate information regarding his whereabouts and activities for at least the last 8 years. I know that most people dont have quite that much official info on file but I cant help but wonder if it matters what the internal info is. Meaning how much of the 'legwork' the US departments can entrust to the local government and how much they think needs to be done by some kind of US subsidiary. So is it possible that the US trusts the general information that exists in a Moroccan's background info and check than perhaps the info coming from Egypt? or Pakistan? (those are the 2 countries that come to mind as far as having really long AP times)

Again, I really dont know any of this. Just sharing some thoughts and conversations and brainstorming I've had over the years about this subject. I know its hell on each and everyone one of you sitting in limbo right now and I hope it passes quickly for all of you.

Hang in there.

Photo1949-1.jpg

5GTLm7.png

Timeline

well thats the million dollar question, isnt it? I've had numerous discussions about this with other Vjers, my husband, other MENA immigrants, etc. And given that none of us have any actual FACTS, my THEORY is that in some countries the internal recordkeeping is better, and in some countries the names are not as common and repetitive. For example, its fairly normal for many egyptians to use the name format of name-father's name-grandfather's name. Although there IS a family name many people dont use it much if at all. SO in that kind of a system it would be very common to have many many people with the same or similar names and therefore the 'name hits' are just more numerous and take longer to clear.

and then, pure speculation here, but it seems like at least some of the 'research' or 'processing' is done in the US and some in the beneficiary's country, so I have to beleive that the accuracy of that country's data can come in to play. For example, my husband spent several years in the military in Morocco, so when it came time for him to be processed his country could, if needed, provide fairly accurate information regarding his whereabouts and activities for at least the last 8 years. I know that most people dont have quite that much official info on file but I cant help but wonder if it matters what the internal info is. Meaning how much of the 'legwork' the US departments can entrust to the local government and how much they think needs to be done by some kind of US subsidiary. So is it possible that the US trusts the general information that exists in a Moroccan's background info and check than perhaps the info coming from Egypt? or Pakistan? (those are the 2 countries that come to mind as far as having really long AP times)

Again, I really dont know any of this. Just sharing some thoughts and conversations and brainstorming I've had over the years about this subject. I know its hell on each and everyone one of you sitting in limbo right now and I hope it passes quickly for all of you.

Hang in there.

The naming situation could be a definite factor. When I asked my husband originally what his last name was he told me his father's first name. We listed his first name, middle name and last name. I figured if we listed all five of his names the AP would never get done. lol. Anyway I used to think it was the name thing but I keep going back to Dee's case who's hubby's name is Mohammed. There's gotta be a million Mohammed's from Egypt yet probably not even 1/4 of that amount of Usama's, you know?

Boggles the mind if you try to make sense out of it all!!!! :angry:

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Timeline

(Dear Sir/Madam:

Cairo Consulate)

hey doodlebug .. i haven't sent this letter to the consul trying to avoid this particular answer BUT it seems like the one can't get away from his destiny , this answer was to hit me anyway :bonk:

(they told me that the FBI background checks or a/k/a "Administrative Processing" is what would take the most time. She said because their systems or so old and because there is not one system that all of this information is dumped into)

now and after all the fees has been raised i hope they use a cut of this money to upgrade their old system and save us some time :pop:

(For example, its fairly normal for many egyptians to use the name format of name-father's name-grandfather's name. Although there IS a family name many people dont use it much if at all. SO in that kind of a system it would be very common to have many many people with the same or similar names and therefore the 'name hits' are just more numerous and take longer to clear)

(THE NAME HIT ) yep that's right .. even i have watched the news few days ago and heard they didn't allow a 3 years kid to inter the states because his name was Usama .. the same thing with another 6 years kid for an american parents his only guilt is his name (Ahmed Yasin) , .. at the begining i felt upset of how samrt the name check process goes but i finally assured myself that as long as i'm not 3 or 6 years old and my name is not Usama or Ahmed Yasin so i don't have to worry about the name hit :pop:

( The_dip_sticks ) .. i really don't know what to say !

only what you said ( GOD PLEASE LET US BE APPROVED SOON )

Timeline
yep that's right .. even i have watched the news few days ago and heard they didn't allow a 3 years kid to inter the states because his name was Usama .. the same thing with another 6 years kid for an american parents his only guilt is his name (Ahmed Yasin) , .. at the begining i felt upset of how samrt the name check process goes but i finally assured myself that as long as i'm not 3 or 6 years old and my name is not Usama or Ahmed Yasin so i don't have to worry about the name hit :pop:

:lol::lol::lol:

Are you serious??? A 3 year old was not allowed to enter because his name is Usama? Maybe they didn't get the memo that THAT Usama is over 6 feet tall with a looong beard?????

omg this gets better everyday!!!!

Every single time I tell a new person about my situation and they ask what my husband's name is and I tell them I get this deer in the headlights look from them. What is up with that???

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
yep that's right .. even i have watched the news few days ago and heard they didn't allow a 3 years kid to inter the states because his name was Usama .. the same thing with another 6 years kid for an american parents his only guilt is his name (Ahmed Yasin) , .. at the begining i felt upset of how samrt the name check process goes but i finally assured myself that as long as i'm not 3 or 6 years old and my name is not Usama or Ahmed Yasin so i don't have to worry about the name hit :pop:

:lol::lol::lol:

Are you serious??? A 3 year old was not allowed to enter because his name is Usama? Maybe they didn't get the memo that THAT Usama is over 6 feet tall with a looong beard?????

omg this gets better everyday!!!!

Every single time I tell a new person about my situation and they ask what my husband's name is and I tell them I get this deer in the headlights look from them. What is up with that???

It is sad but true , a lot of people are just ignorant about anything to due with th Middle East. It's a common name , get over it people

K1 process

10/05/2006 filled :)

05/03/2007 interview -> AP -> hell -> AP -> 9 months of AP Hell - 2 home visits :(

01/26/2008 visa in hand with a typo :(

02/03/2008 2 weeks more of waiting.... Visa in hand...... :)

2/20/2008 on US soil :)

2/21/2008 marriage :)

AOS

03/12/2008 Sent AOS/Work/Travel

03/16/2008 shows delivered chicago

4/12/2008 check cashed :)

4/13/2008 NOA's for all 3

4/18/2008 bio letter

4/29/2008 bio appt.

5/06/2008 RFE 2007 tax return

5/07/2008 returned RFE overnight

5/08/2008 received-lees summit

5/12/08 case updated online/RFE received

5/27/08 checked the website for the third time today -says AP and EAD approval letter sent 5/24- it was not updated online till today - and no e-mail update either

5/27/08 emails sent in afternoon AP and EAD approvals

5/29/08 AP touch

5/29/08 email EAD card production ordered

6/02/08 AP in hand

6/03/08 email EAD card mailed

6/05/08 EAD card in hand :)

7/28/08 AOS letter received

9/02/08 AOS interview

9/10/08 card production ordered email :)

9/17/08 welcome letter email and snail mail arrive same day

9/19/08 Greencard in hand :)

Timeline

I called and was told last May that our security check was completed. And was being sent back to Egypt. That was 3 mo ago and were still in AP :angry: And he had a field investagater to his home earlie July And were still in AP :angry: So who really knows what the hell they do there in Cairo?

Untitled.jpg

Timeline

ok Cheryl.. that sounds so much like Angeljan case .. the same actions in different dates .. check is done with the DOS and field investigation in Egypt .. just keep your finger cross .. the good news are coming soon INSHAALLAH .

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
I called and was told last May that our security check was completed. And was being sent back to Egypt. That was 3 mo ago and were still in AP :angry: And he had a field investagater to his home earlie July And were still in AP :angry: So who really knows what the hell they do there in Cairo?

Our case never was sent to DOS.........they say checks are being done in Cairo............and we had home visit the end of June......we're still in AP :(:(

K3 Visa

03/26/06 Wedding day!!

waiting for documents to be translated and sent to me in US

05/21/06 Return to Egypt to visit for 9 wonderful days!

06/06/06 I-130 sent (finally!!)

07/12/06 NOA1

10/02/06 Approved!!!

07/20/06 I129f sent

07/24/06 NOA1

09/27/06 I129f approved!!!!

10/06/06 At NVC and case # assigned. Woohoo!!!

10/10/06 NVC sent K3 documents to Cairo today!!!

10/15/06 K3 documents received at Cairo consulate.

10/29/06 Packet 3 received.

11/01/06 Medical appointment

11/08/06 Medical certificate received

11/10/06 Packet 3 sent by delivery service

11/12/06 Packet received at consulate

02/05/07 Interview Date

02/16/07 10 day trip to Egypt

06/25/07 Home visit by field investigator

01/14/08 Got the email to send in his passport for visa!!!!

01/28/08 VISA IN HAND!!!!!!!!!

03/17/08 Arrival in USA!!!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.