Henia

Education in MENA

56 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jordan
Timeline

Perhaps the statement that was made that he IS the father of my daughter was made not as literal but as spiritual. My children's father is nonexistent. My husband is their father in most respects but one... I wish he would have been there to actually father them, however.... he was not.

:whistle: This thread was started about education, don't lose sight of that fact. If you don't like what is said, don't bother to look at the thread that was started by the person that irritates you. Or simply ignore it all...

:ot2::ot2::ot2::ot2::ot2::ot2:

As for Z,

Yes I would love to hear more of your experiences and such :thumbs: .... My husband has been courted many times by different companies Thur out Saudi however I know nothing of what anything costs, or what it is really like. I went to the library and rented a documentary on the Saudi family... that is all they had there. Sad.... I have looked on line and there are American communities that have their own "enclosures".

I am surprised that the schools are co ed. In Jordan the high schools are NOT. I thought Jordan to be more liberal.

Is 20,000 riyals allot for school? What does an avg Civil Engineer make? I know nothing of what anything costs!!!

As for the schools a lot has changed since I left. More of the private schools are coed (there is only one private girl's school in Jeddah that I know of). There are a lot more schools that are cropping up to accommodate the growing numbers of expat kids there. The school I went to was around 18-20,000 Saudi riyals a year and that included books and uniforms and stuff. I'm not sure what the prices are now but if you wanted to know more I could ask my mom (she still teaches there

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
QUOTE(Henia @ Aug 26 2007, 01:30 PM) post_snapback.gifMy husband is the father of my daughter.

QUOTE(Peezey There really is no reason to lie. QUOTE

Do you guys get off on this type of behavior?

What serious problems could this cause for her child in the future; enlighten me!

What type of behavior is that? Henia lies all over this board, it gets tiring.

Maybe you should get a life if you are that concerned with what another person on this board does :blush: This board is not real life, it is just that a BOARD! Food for thought :whistle:

Funny, I was thinking the same thing about you. I wonder why you are so quick to defend Henia and disagree with Peezey no matter what.

I was not defending Henia. I do not know her and could care less about her pesonal life. I get on the board to get interesting thoughts, ideas, news, and info. I do not get onthe board to see you mess up a lot of threads. Grow up!

I rarely disagree with Peezey anymore these days. I was disagreeing with the behavior that you both consistently display on this forum. Didn't you call doodlebug doodledum several days ago. Well dum dum, you never contribute anything intelligent to this board. You only belittle people and have snide remarks to everyone. Didn't you tell somone that I hope these people are not your parents, if so I feel sorry for you. Nice things to say :thumbs: You and sarah keep up the good work. At least the other sarah adds intelligent conversation.

You are so quick to judge everyone on this board. Like the comment about the flat screen tv the other day. You are perfect. Physically get in shape and then mentally get your mind right. You judge everyone else but add nothing about your life what-so-ever except when you first joined.

How was it dating a teenager when you were 20? How hard was it for your fiance to come here and work after never having a job in Maroc? You are funny to me. Dum dum's posse to the rescue. Let me add this to everyone that will come to her defense, get a life as well. Maybe behavior like hers, posse members should tell her is wrong and not condone it.

I will start a dum dum thread about all the things recently she has said to people that were not nice.

OOOOhhh, I could be banned for a couple of days. Not dum dum though after I report her 20xs a week. I also do not care. I am busy with life :whistle:

Edited by i adore you

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

wow, i had no idea a dna test could be done over the internet........ :wacko:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Other Timeline

More disgusting insults by Julie. What's funny is the hypocritical b.s. that she spews forth. Be nice or leave is her avatar, yet look at the filth she posts.

How can one claim God cares to judge a fornicator over judging a lying, conniving bully? I guess you would if you are the lying, conniving bully.

the long lost pillar: belief in angels

she may be fat but she's not 50

found by the crass patrol

"poisoned by a jew" sounds like a Borat song

If you bring up the truth, you're a PSYCHOPATH, life lesson #442.

Filed: Other Timeline
How was it dating a teenager when you were 20?

The only think more scandalous than the women here 20+ years older than the teenagers they are dating is your mouth. Do you even read what you post before you do so? Your "insults" don't even make sense. If only everyone here had just a 2 year age difference.

How can one claim God cares to judge a fornicator over judging a lying, conniving bully? I guess you would if you are the lying, conniving bully.

the long lost pillar: belief in angels

she may be fat but she's not 50

found by the crass patrol

"poisoned by a jew" sounds like a Borat song

If you bring up the truth, you're a PSYCHOPATH, life lesson #442.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
Perhaps the statement that was made that he IS the father of my daughter was made not as literal but as spiritual. My children's father is nonexistent. My husband is their father in most respects but one... I wish he would have been there to actually father them, however.... he was not.

:whistle: This thread was started about education, don't lose sight of that fact. If you don't like what is said, don't bother to look at the thread that was started by the person that irritates you. Or simply ignore it all...

:ot2::ot2::ot2::ot2::ot2::ot2:

As for Z,

Yes I would love to hear more of your experiences and such :thumbs: .... My husband has been courted many times by different companies Thur out Saudi however I know nothing of what anything costs, or what it is really like. I went to the library and rented a documentary on the Saudi family... that is all they had there. Sad.... I have looked on line and there are American communities that have their own "enclosures".

I am surprised that the schools are co ed. In Jordan the high schools are NOT. I thought Jordan to be more liberal.

Is 20,000 riyals allot for school? What does an avg Civil Engineer make? I know nothing of what anything costs!!!

I have no idea what the average civil engineer makes in Saudi. A lot depends on the degree level, what country the degree was obtained from, the company and experience. I know that a lot of companies, when bringing in expats to work for them offer all kinds of incentives like housing, car allowance, school fees for children, plane tickets back home annually, etc, etc. You may want your husband to ask around to see what kind of perks different companies are offering.

Costs are not too bad, at least I don't think so. A lot of stuff is comparatively cheaper to buy there than it is in the US. No taxes either so that saves you a bundle. 20,000 SR is about $5,330. Like I said, most of the private international schools are now coed (they are not regulated by Saudi laws in terms of the mixing of boys and girls) except for the one my mom teaches at which is girls only. A lot has changed since I graduated from there in '99 in that more and more schools are offering the same curriculum that I went through but for cheaper prices. I don't know what the current fee range is but I can double check and get back to you on that.

Here is my recommendation if you are looking for a school for your kids in Saudi...look for a school that has the lowest number of Saudi students. The only reason I say this is because the curriculum in a lot of schools is dictated by the student make up. Case in point: the school I went to was designed for expat kids, kids who needed to take the SAT/ACT or other tests to get into universities in their home countries (at the time there were no universities in Saudi for foreigners) so the curriculum was more rigorous and more strictly monitored than at the Saudi public schools. At the time Saudi students were not allowed in the school. Right before I graduated, they changed to allow Saudi students to start coming into the school. I left in 1999. In less than 5 years the curriculum has suffered a little becuase a lot of the Saudi girls do not want/need to go to college and so a lot of the expat children who still go to the school get extra tutoring so that they can do well on the tests. The classes are not as intense as they used to be and there are lower standards now for what is required to pass a class. Now that the percentage of Saudi girls is the majority there, the teachers have accomodated what they want (pressure from parents and school administration thinking the old curriculum was too 'tough'). The reason the school is so popular with Saudis is because it is a private, Islamic all girls school (the only one in Jeddah) which is also why some expats insist on keeping their girls there. The education is still relatively good but not up to par with some of the coed schools.

The American communities and their 'enclosures'...over there they call them compounds. They were originally built to accomodate American expats who wanted to try and live in as American of a community as possible in Saudi. It was basically designed like any of the gated communities you would find here with a security guard and gates and walls. I never lived in one but I had plenty of friends who did and it was like walking into another world. In there the Saudi rules did not apply, ie covering, men and women separation etc. It was like living in the US. At first they were American only. And then as more expats from different countries came in they started opening it up to them as well.

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Guys I am going to ask that the insults stop. I know that many feel that others have done it too but it does have to stop at some point. Report to me any further insults if they happen and I will address them directly with the member. Last warning for this thread.

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

Timeline
More disgusting insults by Julie. What's funny is the hypocritical b.s. that she spews forth. Be nice or leave is her avatar, yet look at the filth she posts.

Compared to your filth...for example calling people a liar about the child's father. Is that not filthy? No that is your angelic self as always. Good thing I only address you two people when I feel like saying nasty things...There is no limit to who you guys attack. You girls just have a feild day. Who will the target be tomorrow?

Timeline
How was it dating a teenager when you were 20?

The only think more scandalous than the women here 20+ years older than the teenagers they are dating is your mouth. Do you even read what you post before you do so? Your "insults" don't even make sense. If only everyone here had just a 2 year age difference.

I made mention of the fact he was a teenager still. You guys can question older women dating men younger all the time. Why can't I mention about someone dating a teenager? Your rules only apply to other people, but not you guys. Typical. I tell you what-you read your bs especially the other girl and then tell me who should be more cautious about what they write.

Anyhoo, see this board is not my life. My hubby and I have to work and search for anther house, pack, and get ready for our trip next week. This is my last message to you girls today. I really blame the admin that your contemptuous behavior continues. Carry on!

field typo in earlier post-my bad

Edited by i adore you

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.