Kathryn41

"Because everyone in Canada lives in an igloo..."

81 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Shotgun wedding?

As an inspector for Canada Customs, it was his duty to ask visitors whether they were bringing any firearms into the country.

One day an American car came through the line, and its driver reported that the occupants were on their way to Sault Ste. Marie, Ont., for a wedding.

After the usual questions about length of stay and so forth, the inspector asked if there were any guns in the car. "No, no," said the driver, "it isn't that kind of wedding."

Okay, poking fun mostly the area I'm going to :devil:

I can understand a shotgun for the wedding, but for the honeymoon too?

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
OOOhhhNoooo . . . IR5FORMUMSIE - you are giving away our secret! :o

The penalty for giving away state secrets is being forced to listen to Ron MacLean's puns for hours at a time. Don't laugh, it's not punny. I guess I'll need to keep a Cherry disposition through the ordeal.

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
:bonk::blink::wacko: :wacko: :o :o :o:lol: Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

• 1 month later...

The initial post was truly hillarious. :lol:

Thanks for finding that!

It never ceases to boggle my mind...the lack of geographical knowledge.

You'd think if someone was to visit someplace they'd look some facts up or buy a guide. HA!

Most Southern point in Canada, just south of Windsor:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Middle_Island_(Ontario)

Most Northern point of mainland USA (there's Alaska too, mustn't forget):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minnesota

and here I thought Northern Maine was it.

Extreme points on the U.S.:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extreme_point...e_United_States

This is cool for geography buffs:

http://www.worldatlas.com/webimage/country...ates/usland.htm

and

http://worldatlas.com/webimage/countrys/namerica/ca.htm

Check this out:

Windsor,Ontario is located at the extreme southwestern end of Ontario, and at a latitude south of the top of Northern California, with mild weather to match.

(Portland, Oregon's latitude is 45 degrees)

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

Timeline

I think Canadians should "play up" the stereotypes when someone asks a stupid question. For instance, say an individual asks, "How do you deal with all of the polar bears wandering the streets at night?" You could respond, "That's easy. In Canada, there's a position within each provincial government that deals specifically with polar bears and trains them. We generally use them to pull our sleighs during the 360 days of snow too."

Then just watch to see if that person buys it. If they do, break it to them that they've just been had. I know this might immediately seem insulting towards you and your home, but I've done this with Texas (my home) when people have asked moronic things about my state. It's really quite amusing to see how much others will believe... :D

Filed: Other Timeline

I have a friend up in Nunavut. He's a teacher there. Last year their school was under lock-down because there was a polar bear wandering around outside. :lol: They shot the bear, and he sent me pictures of the carnage as the tribal eldars were skinning it. He's also sent me pictures of their science class when the kids skinned a seal. ick. :P

emap.gif

He's up in Pond Inlet. Reeeeeeeeally far north!

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.