one...two...tree

Anonymous Posts

129 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

There's another way to remain private, I do this a lot: You start a post typing everything that's on your mind that you know will pi$$ off a bunch of people and then you don't hit add reply, just close the window. :thumbs:

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
Zactly! ...not. :P

If we know that an anonymous poster is in fact a regular member, it makes it easier to know what advice or response we give and how we say it. For example, if a regular member, under a fake account posts about how he thinks his wife might be cheating on him, we could be more direct in finding out how he's come to that conclusion. Right now, it appears that we're only allowed to show them pity and support. As it was pointed out in a thread yesterday, there are two sides to every story, and the best advice anyone can give a poster in a situation like that is for them see it from another perspective.

I've really been thinking about this, and I know I've already posted...but honestly...I have two issues

1) I can't believe you tailor support depending on to whom you give it to.

2) How do you propose you give 'more concise support' to a 'regular member' by 'being more direct in finding out things'......when THEY'D BE ANONYMOUS?

See the hole there?

OK folks, I've had an epiphany whilst smoking just now....

Steven....is this thread a by-product of the 'fiancee disappeared' and 'troll' threads? Is there summat you wanna talk about without being barraged by the usual 'you're a troll' bs that normally is thrown around when there's a problem thread?

I think the solution is not to 'validate' members with problems as being 'ok' because 'hey (s)he is a longstanding member'. Rather, it's for everyone here not to jump to conclusions when summat strange is being discussed...no matter WHO the OP is. New members do have problems too...and all these hoops you wanna put in front of people in order to let an older member not go through the motions of starting a new acct and losing those nifty lil hearts and boxes is not the way to go.

I do feel that many people here like to dismiss bs away because it hits too close to home. Please, no one run to Calcutta with that statement. You see it all the time in some regional forums...when one person has issues, the others with the same demographic (USC/country X) start internalizing and worrying about their own relationships.

Also, let's all face it...none of us are really in 'conventional' relationships. IRL, I'm the only person I know who's ever petitioned for a foreign fiance. I'll bet many of the USC's family and friends were like '#######?' when first presented with the idea. So we all have VJ and that makes us feel a sense of camaraderie because there's so many in the same boat. So when one of us has problems, maybe it causes a ripple effect of worry. So it's really a defense mechanism to say 'oh that's a bullsh!t troll there'.

So instead of all these new options and reformatting how posts are made, perhaps we can all just cut some of these second-acct posters a little slack. And if anyone thinks the story is bullsh!t, then just move on. No one's holding a gun to anyone's head...so no one here has to 'help' someone (s)he doesn't wanna....

Wow, what was in that tab?!?!?!?! :lol:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
OK folks, I've had an epiphany whilst smoking just now....

Steven....is this thread a by-product of the 'fiancee disappeared' and 'troll' threads? Is there summat you wanna talk about without being barraged by the usual 'you're a troll' bs that normally is thrown around when there's a problem thread?

I think the solution is not to 'validate' members with problems as being 'ok' because 'hey (s)he is a longstanding member'. Rather, it's for everyone here not to jump to conclusions when summat strange is being discussed...no matter WHO the OP is. New members do have problems too...and all these hoops you wanna put in front of people in order to let an older member not go through the motions of starting a new acct and losing those nifty lil hearts and boxes is not the way to go.

I do feel that many people here like to dismiss bs away because it hits too close to home. Please, no one run to Calcutta with that statement. You see it all the time in some regional forums...when one person has issues, the others with the same demographic (USC/country X) start internalizing and worrying about their own relationships.

Also, let's all face it...none of us are really in 'conventional' relationships. IRL, I'm the only person I know who's ever petitioned for a foreign fiance. I'll bet many of the USC's family and friends were like '#######?' when first presented with the idea. So we all have VJ and that makes us feel a sense of camaraderie because there's so many in the same boat. So when one of us has problems, maybe it causes a ripple effect of worry. So it's really a defense mechanism to say 'oh that's a bullsh!t troll there'.

So instead of all these new options and reformatting how posts are made, perhaps we can all just cut some of these second-acct posters a little slack. And if anyone thinks the story is bullsh!t, then just move on. No one's holding a gun to anyone's head...so no one here has to 'help' someone (s)he doesn't wanna....

Wow, what was in that tab?!?!?!?! :lol:

forget the tab, what were you smoking? :lol:

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Filed: Country: Netherlands
Timeline
If there's one thing for certain, had I been able to post this thread anonymously, LisaD wouldn't be all over it like a termite on wood. :P

Nope-just called a troll....you know how it goes.

Liefde is een bloem zo teer dat hij knakt bij de minste aanraking en zo sterk dat niets zijn groei in de weg staat

event.png

IK HOU VAN JOU, MARK

.png

Take a large, almost round, rotating sphere about 8000 miles in diameter, surround it with a murky, viscous atmosphere of gases mixed with water vapor, tilt its axis so it wobbles back and forth with respect to a source of heat and light, freeze it at both ends and roast it in the middle, cover most of its surface with liquid that constantly feeds vapor into the atmosphere as the sphere tosses billions of gallons up and down to the rhythmic pulling of a captive satellite and the sun. Then try to predict the conditions of that atmosphere over a small area within a 5 mile radius for a period of one to five days in advance!

---

If there's one thing for certain, had I been able to post this thread anonymously, LisaD wouldn't be all over it like a termite on wood. :P

Stevo, if you think I'm drawn to you like a termite to wood....you really do need to start an anon thread about self-delusion.

It's about content with me...not determined by 'who is the OP and are they valid' ;)

:diablo: Here's an anonymous post... YOU SUCK!!! :diablo:

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
:diablo: Here's an anonymous post... YOU SUCK!!! :diablo:

:lol: :lol:

[ANON]I hate all the moderators[/ANON]

:lol:

foresees a slap on the wrist in your future :P

Nah, he's only messing. :lol:

Aren't ya, Dr LHA? :cry:

I know he is Mags :P

I'm just messing with him ;)

Separated!!