Meriem_DZ

We were involved in a wreck this morning.

50 posts in this topic

*Hugs* and prayers for you! Reading this sent chills down my spine. I do hope your soreness heals soon and you dont have any lasting injuries. (F)

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW! I'm glad you are both alive after a wreck like that. As everyone else said, go get everything checked out coz injuries from accidents creep up when u least expect it. DON'T sign any papers from ur insurance coz once u do, they won't pay for anything new that may happen. They'll try many times but u just take ur time to make sure you both are ok.

I sure hope the motorcycle driver is ok. Let us know if you hear anything.

(F) amal (F)

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Do get checked out and do take pain meds as required. I was in a stationary car hit by a loaded work van from behind at 40mph - was off work for 2 months and still get pain from my whiplash injury and it's now ten years later.

Good advice not to settle as quickly as the insurance companies will try and force you to. My younger sister had a similar accident about 6 months ago and all her family were taken to hospital but her insurance company has had it all settled and done within 3 months of the accident which I told her was their attempt to minimize damages, because you can't tell if there will be any long-term residual efects settling that quickly.

OUR TIMELINE

K1 VISA & MARRIAGE - 8 MONTHS

17 February 2004 Sent I-129F petition CSC - It was APPROVED in 147 days

3 September 2004 INTERVIEW IN LONDON SUCCESSFUL VISA APPROVED! MARRIED OCTOBER 16, 2004

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS - 5 MONTHS

4 January 2005 - Submitted applications for AOS and EAD - 12 May 2005 Conditional Permanent Residency Approved - interview in Santa Ana

4 June 2005 CPR 2-year Green Card arrives in mail

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS - 3½ MONTHS

8 May 2007 - I-751 sent to CSC - 23 August 2007 - Approved - Card production ordered

30 August 2007 - 10 year Green Card received

K2 TIMELINE (Stayed behind in UK to finish school)

28 March 2005 - embassy interview & medical London - visa granted

01/18/06 Applications for AOS/EAD sent - 03/28/06 EAD approved

4/3/06 - RFE for AOS - requested new medical and vacc supplement

4/26/06 - approved without interview and welcome letter sent

05/02/2006 - Greencard arrives in mail

03/14/08 - Petition to Remove Conditions mailed to CSC delivered - 7/2/08 APPROVED

NATURALIZATION TIMELINE (for myself and son) 5 MONTHS

April 18, 2011 - N-400 Applications Mailed to AZ lockbox

April 21 (received April 25) NOAs

May 12 - FP Letters mailed

May 16 - Received FP appointment letters for June 8 at 11am

August 1 - Interview - approved for Oath Ceremony - OATH CEREMONY 28 SEPTEMBER

How terrible! You both may want to check with your doctor, you could end up with a serious enjury and not know it for a few days. It sounds like the guy in the car wasn't paying attention.

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

Meriem, Glad to see you kept your sense of humor (about the cappicino suspended in the air). :lol: Do get checked and do take your time about any kind of settlements. I was hit last Feb and thought I was pretty much ok. Then after about 6 weeks turned out I had a herniated disc, which after 6 moths of conservative treatment, I now need surgery on. I will miss 3-4 weeks of work completeley and another 2 weeks I will only be able to work part time. I say all this to say, like others have, take your time, Make sure everything is healed or that you get therapy/treatment for any injuries. Days 2-3 after the accident were the worst, until the disc thing reared it's ugly head. Be prepared with pain relievers and ice, followed by heat. Do some light stretching if your doc oks it to help get the muscles out of spasm.

Get better. :luv:

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Thanks everyone for all the advice. I get more sore and time goes by. I did go to the Dr and got xrays at the hospital. I havent heard the results yet. I got some muscle relaxers and pain pills, so I am set. My neck, right shoulder, right hip and between my shoulder blades is killing me. I am sure tomorrow will be worse. I keep asking Hachemi if he is ok, and he says yes.

There was a guy that was behind the car that hit us. He witnessed the whole thing. He said when the motorcycle was hit, it launched the driver into the air and then the car hit us, so he was not actually crushed. He then landed in the middle of the other lane. There was oncoming traffic, and it was a wonder he wasnt run over. Anyway, I heard he was stable and will be ok. Thank God. He is a very lucky man. No broken bones. He did have a concussion and lots of bruising.

Thanks everyone for your concern. It has been a ruff day. I did get a rental. It is a Chevy HHR. never heard of it but it kinda reminds me of a PT cruiser, just a little more boxy.

Meriem (F)

glitterfy200428648Z.gif

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

glad to hear you are in good spirits. our prayers are with you, hachemi, and the motorcyclist.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Thank God you are semi-ok! When I was 9 my mom and I were in a nasty rollover and I remember she was sore for days. I don't remember being sore though, if I was it was only the next day but nothing like my mom.

About 2 weeks before my trip to see my fiance this year there was a really bad accident right in front of my house and one of the drivers got thrown out of her car and hit my neighbor's fence --and this was after her Dodge Neon had already cracked a telephone pole in half. Amazingly she ended up only having a concussion.

Divorced. To hell with him.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Meriem, wow, being that i was in a serious head on collision, you might have though you walked away with nothing, but I would get checked out. It took them a while with me to find it all, but wound up with 2 pinched nerves in neck, 2 pinched nerves in back, two bulging disks in neck and then a difused disk in my lower back. I also had some mental anguish with it too. Sounds like you probably have some whipped lash also and I would get massage treatments for that otherwise it can last a long time.

So is your husband ok? What happened to the guy on the motorcycle. Oh, it looks horrible.

Andrea

Andrea Infante

I130

Married August 30, 2005 in Amman Jordan (Zarqa)

Filed I130 September 19

Noa1 receipt September 29 File sent from Nebraska to California branch.

I130 under review/investigation.

I129F (K3)

Sent 129F on 10/19/05 to Chicago.

Received Noa1 11/3/05 from Missouri

Received Noa2and Approved I129F.

National Visa letter saying file moved to Amman. Was completed and sent on 12/16/05.

Received packet from embassy at my attorney's January 15, 2006

Packet mailed to my husband on January 22, 2006

Packet received by embassy on February 5, 2006.

Embassy called in April and set the interview date for August 23, 2006

Embassy called on 7-25 and asked Faisal to interview on 7-26 (nervous wreck but prepared)

7-26-06 Faisal is approved for K3 Visa

8-24-06, Faisal arrives at O'Hare Airport!!!!!!!

EAD filed in middle of September, 2006 approved in middle of October, 2006 and husband working

at end of October, 2006!

AOS I485

5-2-07- Noa1 on AOS

5-18-07-fingerprinting completed

5-25-07-letter received from USCIS from Missouri asking for proof of income from cosponsor.

AOS INTERVIEW SET FOR SEPTEMBER 5, 2007 IN CHICAGO

Thanks everyone for all the advice. I get more sore and time goes by. I did go to the Dr and got xrays at the hospital. I havent heard the results yet. I got some muscle relaxers and pain pills, so I am set. My neck, right shoulder, right hip and between my shoulder blades is killing me. I am sure tomorrow will be worse. I keep asking Hachemi if he is ok, and he says yes.

There was a guy that was behind the car that hit us. He witnessed the whole thing. He said when the motorcycle was hit, it launched the driver into the air and then the car hit us, so he was not actually crushed. He then landed in the middle of the other lane. There was oncoming traffic, and it was a wonder he wasnt run over. Anyway, I heard he was stable and will be ok. Thank God. He is a very lucky man. No broken bones. He did have a concussion and lots of bruising.

Thanks everyone for your concern. It has been a ruff day. I did get a rental. It is a Chevy HHR. never heard of it but it kinda reminds me of a PT cruiser, just a little more boxy.

Meriem (F)

wow sister..i am glad you both are okay...brother dean

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Ohh i am so sorry to hear about this. I thank god you both are ok. (F)

AJ1 (F)

7/17/2005----I met the love of my life.

1/18/2006----Arrived in Egypt to visit my love.

5/11/2006----Sent I129F.

6/15/2006----Recieved NOA1.

6/22/2006----Recieved RFE (IMBRA).

7/12/2006----Replied to RFE (IMBRA) Sent back.

7/17/2006----Our 1 year Anniversary!!!!

7/19/2006----VSC recieved RFE (IMBRA).

7/20/2006----touched

8/18/2006----touched

8/18/2006----NOA2!!!!!! THANK YOU GOD!!!!

8/18/2006----VSC sent our petition to NVC.

8/19/2006----touched

8/22/2006----NVC recieved our petition.

8/23/2006----NVC sent our petition to Cairo Embassy.

8/25/2006----Recieved NOA2 Approval letter in the mail.

8/28/2006----Recieved NVC letter with new case number.

8/31/2006----Cairo Embassy recieved our petition.

9/24/2006----I emailed the Embassy reguarding my fiance's packet 3.

10/17/2006--Cairo sent packet 3 for the second time to my fiance. First one was never recieved.

10/19/2006--Packet 3 recieved.

12/20/2006--Packet 3 sent.

12/21/2006--Cairo Embassy recieved packet 3.

2/21/2007---Packet 4 recieved.

3/12/2007---Interview (He Passed)!

3/12/2007---Administrative Processing begins.............God please help me get through this!

7/17/2007---Our 2 Year Anniversay!!!

10/23/2007--7 months and 2 weeks of A/P and still waiting..........God help me!

4/22/2008---2nd Interview ( keep us in your prayers)

4/22/2008--He was approved for the Visa 2-3 weeks until he recieves it in the mail lets hope so!!

6/03/2008--VISA IN HAND! Thank you god!

7/03/2008--Our Wedding Day!

"NEVER GIVE UP"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.