Not Available

And the journey continues...

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hey guys,

Well, I'm married finally :D . And have been starting the research on the AOS stuff. I was reading up on the I-864 affidavit. Unfortunately, The day after i got here, keith got let go at his job and is now working part time at his old subway job until he finds something else (thank God we live with his family!) so that kind of puts an obstacle in the way of the affidavit. Providing Keith doesnt get a full time job between now and when we actually file, we will be using his father as a joint sponsor. I am bit a confused on what he should use, the I-864, or the I-864a?

The guides say "if you do not meet the guidelines for income level...you will need a joint sponsor who does meet the guidelines. The US Citizen spouse must submit an I-864, and the joint sponsor will also submit an I-864. If the joint sponsor is a member of your household, they will submit an I-864a "Contract Between Sponsor and Household Member".

Which one would we use? Thanks! :star:

Filed: Timeline

Stina,

Depends on whether or not Dad will be a Joint Sponsor or a Household Member. If a Joint Sponsor, he uses I-864. If a Household Member, Dad and Keith jointly prepare an I-864A.

I prefer the Household Member approach, unless you and Keith plan on moving out before you complete your adjustment. As a Household Member, Dad only needs to make up the difference between what Keith has and the requirement - as a Joint Sponsor Dad has to meet the whole requirement himself (although he can use Keith's contribution as a Household Member!).

Yodrak

Hey guys,

Well, I'm married finally :D . And have been starting the research on the AOS stuff. I was reading up on the I-864 affidavit. Unfortunately, The day after i got here, keith got let go at his job and is now working part time at his old subway job until he finds something else (thank God we live with his family!) so that kind of puts an obstacle in the way of the affidavit. Providing Keith doesnt get a full time job between now and when we actually file, we will be using his father as a joint sponsor. I am bit a confused on what he should use, the I-864, or the I-864a?

The guides say "if you do not meet the guidelines for income level...you will need a joint sponsor who does meet the guidelines. The US Citizen spouse must submit an I-864, and the joint sponsor will also submit an I-864. If the joint sponsor is a member of your household, they will submit an I-864a "Contract Between Sponsor and Household Member".

Which one would we use? Thanks! :star:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

We were in a similar situations. My husband had a part-time job at Taco Bell and we used my father-in-law as a co-sponsor. In this case my husband filled out a I-864 and my father -in-law filled out another I-864 - NOT an I-864a, because you and your husband are one household and your father-in-law (with family) is the other household. :)

K-1

07-12-2004 NOA1

12-13-2004 Approved

AOS

05-25-2005 NOA1

09-20-2005 Approved

I-751

07-25-2007 NOA1

12-02-2009 Approved

N-400

05-11-2010 NOA

07-29-2010 Interview + Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I have no help in this, but just had to say that you look beautiful in your wedding dress!

Heading Home!

Naturalization

Feb 28/2011 - sent paperwork

Mar 3/11 - received text & email notification - they have it!

Mar 15/11 - text, email, and notice sent - biometrics booked

April 12/11 - biometrics done - I start studying

May - get the letter

June 27 - Interview and oath ceremony - same day

Lifting Conditions

Feb 5/08 - Sent paperwork by USPS - priority

Feb 14/08 - NOA issued

Feb 28/08 - Biometrics letter received for The Bronx Office - have to reschedule

Mar 22/08 - Biometrics rescheduled - LOVE the Saturday appointment!

Feb ?/09 - done!

I'M HIGHLY OPINIONATED WHEN I WANT TO BE, BUT I NEVER SAID I WAS RIGHT

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.