peezey

MENA sensitive poll regarding Do or Don't Tell

To Tell or Not to Tell  

75 members have voted

1. 1. If someone knew your SO had been a "cyber troll" trying to get to the US, would you want to know?

• YES
    • NO
  2. 2. If details of above scenario included accepting gifts from one woman, hosting at least one other woman in his country hoping for engagement, and is now engaged to someone else but the timeframe is during a time he was talking with and accepting gifts from other women, would you want to know?

• YES
    • NO
  3. 3. If you knew someone's SO has been a "cyber troll" trying to get the the US, would you tell?

• YES
    • NO

52 posts in this topic

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

I voted yes, yes, no. I probably wouldn't tell the woman, unless she was a "real life" friend too. But if I were the one in the relationship I would hope someone would tell me. People all react differently to hearing news like this... you may lose this friend, she may thank you for saving her. Who knows?! She may not believe you and continue on with her relationship... but either way I think its better to tell her what you know and let her be the judge of whether to stay in the relationship or not.

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg

I'd tell, but have no expectations of the woman believing it. We all see how selectively blind self-delusion can be sometimes!

Yeah, I voted yes, yes, yes, but I wouldn't be hopeful of much coming out of the last 'yes' other than her hating your for speaking bad of her boyfriend or husband. But better that than listening to her two years down the road wondering how she got taken advantage of, or hearing her excitedly making plans about converting and their life together and their future kids knowing he's a dirtbag.

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Have y'all seen the Russian site that "exposes" the "Egyptian gigolos" ? It's pretty funny -- they name names, "case histories," the guys' places of employment, their "MOs," even photographs of the "suspects." Some of it's in English, but mostly in Russian.

http://kunstkamera.net/index.php

I think someone had posted that site before. I looked at it and thought it was kinda sad. But, I really couldn't understand the whole stories because I couldn't navigate around. Did anyone find any particularly interesting stories?

bollywood.gifBolly5.gif

My brother, believe, if you wish, in a stone, but don't dare strike me with it. You are free to worship what you wish,

but others' beliefs do not concern you. - Wafa Sultan

qualitydisplaya1.gif11573404S-1-vi.gifdontbelieve-mufkin.gif

www.sparealife.org

www.lazyenvironmentalist.com

www.freerice.com

glitteryourway-a2b509eb.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hi Girls,

Sorry to pull up this old thread, but seriously, what do you do if you know of a situation but can't get in touch with the woman who is involved? For example if its a support group online, but the guy is pretending to be the girl. What do you do? Even worse, when in the same group there are pics of the guy with two different girls. Geez...

It really sux!!!!

Edited by lion_lioness

1st K-1 Journey:

June 2005 - filed

October 2005 - visa interview

March 2006 - AOS packet mailed

DIVORCED

June 2007 - Interview

2008 - 10 year approval

--------

2nd K-1 Journey:

07/28/07 - AOS paperwork mailed

07/30/07 - Received at lockbox

09/18/07 - Biometrics

10/15/07 - Transferred to CSC

01/09/08 - AOS approved w/o interivew

11/01/09 - Lift conditions

11/01/10 - interview to lift conditions/10-yr card

01/01/10 - 10 year approval

DIVORCED

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Even worse, when in the same group there are pics of the guy with two different girls.

Have you made sure that everyone else in the group has noticed this too?

So this guy is pretending to be his fiancee, say Mary, even though his other fiancee Jane also belongs to the group? And Jane has posted her picture with him, and he has also posted his picture with Mary? Has Jane not figured this out? :wacko:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

It's over with Mary, but I really don't think Jane know's about Mary. I have pics to prove but don't know how to reach Jane. Bottomline, what I think happened is this wonderful man, kept "shopping around" and found a better deal. Instead of letting Mary or Jane know the truth, he put Mary on "hold" to the point where she gave up and I don't think Jane knows this is/was the case at the start of their relationship.

1st K-1 Journey:

June 2005 - filed

October 2005 - visa interview

March 2006 - AOS packet mailed

DIVORCED

June 2007 - Interview

2008 - 10 year approval

--------

2nd K-1 Journey:

07/28/07 - AOS paperwork mailed

07/30/07 - Received at lockbox

09/18/07 - Biometrics

10/15/07 - Transferred to CSC

01/09/08 - AOS approved w/o interivew

11/01/09 - Lift conditions

11/01/10 - interview to lift conditions/10-yr card

01/01/10 - 10 year approval

DIVORCED

Timeline
It's over with Mary, but I really don't think Jane know's about Mary. I have pics to prove but don't know how to reach Jane. Bottomline, what I think happened is this wonderful man, kept "shopping around" and found a better deal. Instead of letting Mary or Jane know the truth, he put Mary on "hold" to the point where she gave up and I don't think Jane knows this is/was the case at the start of their relationship.

Charming. Sounds very familiar. You're not able to pm Jane or otherwise let her know?

It can also be difficult when there is an expectation of confidentiality involved. Some information can be right there in public view if the person only looks carefully for it, but to tell them where and how to look would involve breaking confidentiality.

And I run into trouble also when yes, I think this is exactly what the man is doing, but I don't have solid proof (just word of mouth and some pics). So I don't know whether say something anyway, knowing it could damage the second relationship.

Edited by mona_jamie

I'm the USC.

11/05/2007........Conditional permanent residency effective date.

01/10/2008........Two-year green card in hand.

08/08/2009........Our son was born <3

08/08/2009........Filed for removal of conditions.

12/16/2009........ROC was approved.

11/05/2010........Eligible for Naturalization.

03/01/2011........Separated.

11/05/2012........Eligible for Naturalization.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Even worse, when in the same group there are pics of the guy with two different girls.

So this guy is pretending to be his fiancee, say Mary, even though his other fiancee Jane also belongs to the group? And Jane has posted her picture with him, and he has also posted his picture with Mary? Has Jane not figured this out? :wacko:

double :wacko::wacko: why on earth has she not figured it out yet?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Ugh. Terrible muck. I would hate to be the lady on the end of that bit again. It caused great pain.

5 years ago my former fiance slapped me in the cold hard face with something similar to that. I had to figure it out on my own and when I realized it I completely unraveled dropped out of school, quit my job, gained 80 lbs and took off to live in Europe. Some people leave the city. Some people leave the state. I left the country and wandered around Europe for three months completely lost and grieving.

I answered yes to all three because it's the right thing to do no matter how difficult it is. And I completely agree that even if it was me (again) and a stranger knew something I'd want them to tell me asap no matter how painful it would be for me again! :crying:

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

I'd want to know, but then that's me as long as I know the person telling me isn't trying to yank my chain...it would have to be someone I trust to tell me the truth. As far as me being the one telling, I dunno...some people are so blind they might think you're trying to interfere. Been there once already. :(

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Timeline

Apparently he's pretending to be her in the group and posted their picture there. Apparently she doesn't know about the group.

I'm the USC.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Apparently he's pretending to be her in the group and posted their picture there. Apparently she doesn't know about the group.

Seems like he's pretending to be her all over the place. Maybe he wants to become a woman. I hear that surgery is actually very popular in Casablanca.

Timeline

Seems like he's pretending to be her all over the place. Maybe he wants to become a woman. I hear that surgery is actually very popular in Casablanca.

Cheaper there, too.

I'm the USC.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.