MATTOB

OLD FEE/ NEW FEE... Happened to you?

43 posts in this topic

Remember that receipt date is not necessarily the same with NOA date. They might had received it on July 26, but NOA1 was intended to be generated on the last day of July. Sucks right?

Doesn't matter a toss what day the NOA1 was generated.

USCIS said that the fees would be incurred based on the date that your package was POSTMARKED. As long as the OPs was postmarked prior to July 30th, then he is under the old fee structure.

SA4userbar.jpg

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: China
Timeline

My guess is USCIS returned your package because they think you did not send any payment at all. This is based on first hand experience back during the IMBRA fiasco. My I-129F was returned Feb 1st with the same NOA. I know it was a USCIS mistake because not only did I get the I-129F back, but I got all the supporting evidence and the check, but I also got someone elses petition.

You will not convince USCIS you sent the check the first time. Your best bet is to take everything they sent to you to your nearest Rep or Senator and maybe they will believe you and try to help or you can pay the increased fee.

Everyday that goes by and our check doesn't get cashed I get more worried this will happen to us.. So far is this very common for them to return your packet and ask for the new fee even when they can see the post marks.. ???

9/14 2006 I-129F Sent Next day Air

9/15 Recieved and signed for by "Freeman" at NSC

9/19 NOA1 CSC Recieved

9/25 Notice date Check cashed 9/25

9/28 I Recieved NOA1(I-797C) in the mail

12/5 NOA2 12/6 but Approved on 12/5 touch

12/9 Received NOA2(I-797) by snail mail

12/15 NVC has received it..Case # issued...

12/19 NVC shipped to Romania

12/22 Romanian Embassy has received an email from NVC that my Petition is on it's way...

12/29 Packet 3 sent to Veronica

1/12 2007 Packet 3 received Dang Holidays..

1/22 Sending all paperwork(I-134,Bank/Employer letters etc..,)..to Veronica per DHL, 3.5lbs...$144 WOW!

1/25 Recieved notice that She needs to pick up my packet in Chisinau..

1/26 Sending Back Packet 3

2/16 Transit Visa to go to Romania for the Interview approved..

2/20 Leaves for Bucharest overnight drive by bus...

2/21 Medical

2/22 Interview !!!! APPROVED !!!!!

3/9 2007 Flight to me....

4/7 2007 Married,,,

AOS

7/27 Sent I-485, I-864, I-765

7/30 Chicago Recieved I-485,I-765

Veronica is pregant....Due 4/17/08

9/1 Recieved NOA Bio appointment letter

9/8 Recieved NOA1's for both I-485 and I-765

9/18 Bio appointment

Received Green Card.. Nov 2007

Djuliann came 4/25/2008

I-751 Lifting Of Conditions

9/8/2009 Sent I-751

Received NOA 9/21 NOA Receipt Date 9/10/2009

9/24 received Bio letter Dated 9/18

10/9 Bio Appointment

10/23 Received Permanent Resident Card

N-400 2012

Filed for citizenship sent 2/21/2012

Filed: Other Timeline
I had the exact same thing happen to me. They signed for it July 24th.

After a night of swearing and ranting about USCIS I decided to bite the bullet and refile with the new fee. I didnt see much hope trying to fight with them over it.

Wow, this is bad. :blink:

To have it happen to another applicant reveals that it's not an isolated anomaly. It'll be really sad to read about more situations like this.

I would try to go to my Congressperson's local office and show them first hand. Then have them make an inquiry on your behalf. I would resubmit the application with the old fees.

AOS I-485

07/10/07 - Sent I-485 via USPS Priority Mail to Chicago Lockbox

07/23/07 - Received NOA1 in my home mailbox

08/13/07 - Received ASC Biometrics Appointment Letter in my home mailbox

08/31/07 - USCIS mailed out Appointment letter with Postmark Date 8/31/07

09/04/07 - Received actual Appointment Letter (Interivew Date 10/30/07)

09/06/07 - Completed Biometrics Appointment at local ASC

10/30/07 - Scheduled AOS Interview Appointment - Approved

I-751

08/13/09 - Sent I-751 to CSC

08/17/09 - Receipt date of NOA

09/16/09 - Biometrics

09/17/09 - "Touched"

12/15/09 - Card production ordered

12/17/09 - Approval notice sent

12/21/09 - Received 10-Year GC and Welcome Letter

N-400

08/16/10 - Sent N-400 to AZ Lockbox via USPS First Class Mail with Delivery Confirmation

08/18/10 - USPS Confirms delivery: August 18, 2010, 9:57 am, PHOENIX, AZ 85036

08/24/10 - Check #501 for $675 cleared my account @ 11:20 pm EDT

08/27/10 - Received NOA dated 8/23/10 with a Priority date of 8/18/10

09/07/10 - Received Biometric RFE dated 9/3/10 -- Fingerprint apt. schedule 10/1/10

10/01/10 - Fingerprint Appointment-- Completed

10/09/10 - Received Interview Appointment Letter dated 10/6/10 for scheduled interview on 11/09/10

11/09/10 - Interview Passed

11/18/10 - Oath Ceremony

Everyday that goes by and our check doesn't get cashed I get more worried this will happen to us.. So far is this very common for them to return your packet and ask for the new fee even when they can see the post marks.. ???

Ditto... But I'm hoping and praying that this won't happen to us. I wasn't so worried at all that they haven't cashed our check until I read this post... :wacko:

N-400 NATURALIZATION

04/04/2011 - Mailed N-400 to AZ Lockbox

04/06/2011 - Received

04/07/2011 - NOA

04/07/2011 - Check cashed

04/14/2011 - Biometrics appointment in the mail

04/21/2011 - Early Biometrics (was scheduled on May 4, 2011)

05/09/2011 - Case Status Notification - In line for interview and testing

05/10/2011 - Case Status Notification - Interview scheduled

05/14/2011 - Interview Appointment Letter in the mail

06/21/2011 - Interview Appointment Date

06/29/2011 - Case Status Notification - Placed in the oath scheduling que

08/16/2011 - Case Status Notification - Oath ceremony scheduled

09/15/2011 - Oath Taking - good riddance!

09/23/2011 - Applied for Passport

10/08/2011 - Passport in the mail

10/17/2011 - Certificate of Naturalization in the mail -- OFFICIALLY DONE!

"Love is a noble act of self-giving, offering trust, faith, and loyalty.

The more you love, the more you lose a part of yourself, yet you don't become less of who you are;

you end up being complete with your loved ones."

They haven't cashed my checks yet, either. If this happens to us, it happens. I'm not going to worry about it now.

I do wonder, though, if it comes to Matt needing a second EAD (if the green card doesn't come in time) - will they then try to make him pay the fee for it (if he submits the rest of the $$ now)?

SA4userbar.jpg

They haven't cashed my checks yet, either. If this happens to us, it happens. I'm not going to worry about it now.

I am a full blown worrywart :blush: but oh well... like what you said, if it happens, it happens. :thumbs:

N-400 NATURALIZATION

04/04/2011 - Mailed N-400 to AZ Lockbox

04/06/2011 - Received

04/07/2011 - NOA

04/07/2011 - Check cashed

04/14/2011 - Biometrics appointment in the mail

04/21/2011 - Early Biometrics (was scheduled on May 4, 2011)

05/09/2011 - Case Status Notification - In line for interview and testing

05/10/2011 - Case Status Notification - Interview scheduled

05/14/2011 - Interview Appointment Letter in the mail

06/21/2011 - Interview Appointment Date

06/29/2011 - Case Status Notification - Placed in the oath scheduling que

08/16/2011 - Case Status Notification - Oath ceremony scheduled

09/15/2011 - Oath Taking - good riddance!

09/23/2011 - Applied for Passport

10/08/2011 - Passport in the mail

10/17/2011 - Certificate of Naturalization in the mail -- OFFICIALLY DONE!

"Love is a noble act of self-giving, offering trust, faith, and loyalty.

The more you love, the more you lose a part of yourself, yet you don't become less of who you are;

you end up being complete with your loved ones."

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

I do wonder, though, if it comes to Matt needing a second EAD (if the green card doesn't come in time) - will they then try to make him pay the fee for it (if he submits the rest of the $$ now)?

No, of you pay the $1010, it comes inherent with interim benefits and any renewals.

2005 Aug 27 Happily Married

No, of you pay the $1010, it comes inherent with interim benefits and any renewals.

I know - what I'm saying is what if Matt - who sent in under the OLD fee structure - follows what the USCIS instructs him to do and sends in $ (so that he has now paid $1010).

Then next year, he has to renew an EAD. Now somehow USCIS has him under the OLD structure again and they ask for the EAD fee from him - despite him having paid the $1010.

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

I know - what I'm saying is what if Matt - who sent in under the OLD fee structure - follows what the USCIS instructs him to do and sends in $ (so that he has now paid $1010).

Then next year, he has to renew an EAD. Now somehow USCIS has him under the OLD structure again and they ask for the EAD fee from him - despite him having paid the $1010.

oh, i dunno.

2005 Aug 27 Happily Married

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

I totally agree with you - especially since they stamped everything with July 26th on it! Just like i told a few people on here today, contact the Ombudsman - the more complaints they get from us, the more it will be looked into so others don't have to go through the same #######! This is BS!

http://www.dhs.gov/xabout/structure/editorial_0482.shtm

This is absolutely unacceptable. I would make an infopass appointment just for the satisfaction of being able to rub this in their faces. They always think they are right and make no mistakes. I would love to be there and see their faces and listen to their excuses for this ridiculous error. A monkey could do the job of some of these people and do a much better job too.

You know, wait a minute I take all this back. Errors happen, we are only human. But the rep you spoke to could have at least admitted that an error on their part was a possibiity (earlier in the conversation instead of arguing with you) and referred you to an officer to investigate the matter further and ultimately give you instructions on how to go about correcting THEIR mistake.

What a government, my God.

Now that I've written this we'll see if we get our package back that we mailed to beat the increase too. :whistle:

Good luck! (and please let us know what happens)

Dave

Hi guys, it's me.

Listen, I need help here. Or at least opinions.

I filed my AOS I-130-I-485 concurrently and shipped it off 24th July 2007

RECEIVED 26th July 2007

Today I got the entire package sent back to me with a NOA that I need to pay the new fee, and paperwork telling me why

(after or on 30th new fee, before 30th, old fee.)

The received date on the NOA is 26th July 2007

Each page in the package has been stamped with 26th July 2007

They are asking me for the $1000+ fee instead of the $765 fee I originally paid. Check was returned also un-cashed (of course)

So i get on the phone with the USCIS. The first guy was unhelpful, told me to make an infopass appointment.

I call again:

This time I got a woman. She was helpful but only after a very annoying and quite rude start, paraphrased below

EL44: What is your case...etc etc

ME: I have had my case returned to me, they're asking for the new fee increase, It was sent in before the fee increase, shall i send it back with a cover letter and evidence and just try again?

EL44: No sir, there must be more information on the AOS.

ME: There isn't, just asking me to pay new increase

EL44: That cannot be right, there is more on the form, sir

ME: No, english is my first language, Ma'am and there is nothing else on this form, It's obviously a USCIS mistake, shall i Just send it back with a cover letter?

EL44: Words mean nothing, only facts (exact phrase)

ME: Oh, I agree, I will include the NOA which has the date on it, the mail USPS receipt, and also the postmarked package (the USCIS cut it off the original submission box and sent it back to me!! with the date on it!!)

ME: also, every page in this package has been electronically stamped with July 26th 2007

EL44: You can send it back but you may get it returned to you. Possibly someone made a booboo

ME: I know, you guys were under a huge crunch, and inundated with forms. I will send it back with all this evidence. Thank you for your time, I really appreciate your help (hehe)

So there you go, just wondering if anyone else has experience this, or if anyone has had similar NOA?

I hope this helps some people having similar problems

Should i include checks for each file individually or one overall check? Does it even matter?

I'm resubmitting the package tomorrow. I'm praying a mistake like this does not happen again.

Thank you for your time

036.jpg

Timeline:

*Met in Tanzfleck, Germany October 24, 2003 - Continued dating until he got out of the ARMY in Nov. 2005. Continued LD relationship.

*Came to visit me in Germany for New Years 2006

*Filed for K1 Visa on 4/4/06

*NOA1 - 7/6/06

*I-129F NOA2 Approved - 9/14/06

*Came to see me Thanksgiving week in Nov. 2006

*K1 Interview - 2/2/07

*K1 Visa received - 2/11/07

*Date of US Entry (POE Chicago)- 3/5/07

*Wedding/Marriage - 3/17/07

AOS (My case was expedited due to husband going to Iraq):

*Filed for AOS - 4/20/07

*Found out in the beginning of June that husband is going to Iraq

*NOA for I-485 - 6/11/07

*Made Infopass appointment to get case expedited due to deployment (Infopass appt 6/12/07)

*Biometrics - 7/7/07

*Interview date - 7/11/07

*I-485 Aprroval date- 7/11/07

*Green Card Received- 7/19/07

Removal of Conditions:

*Filed petition to remove conditions on 6/9/09

*NOA- 6/15/09

*Biometrics Appt. in Birmingham - 8/6/09

*Lifting of Conditions Approval Date - 10/22/09

*Waiting for Green Card!

Had our daughter on 4/4/08 and have another baby due 11/19/09!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

You are so right! The worst is the "misinformation line". I stopped bothering with them because they are a bunch of incoherent idiots. When I applied for AOS, I had no clue where to get the I-693A vaccination supplment form. I called the "misinformation line" to ask where I get this and how I go about everything, and the dumb woman I talked to said there was no such thing as any sort of vaccination supplement form! She kept telling me "No, you need the I-693 medical exam." I told her, "No, i do not, I just had a medical, I only need the supplement sheet done." She argued and argued until finally she gave the phone to someone else. i was utterly annoyed and quite shocked!

Another time was when I called them and asked if my case can be expedited because my husband was going to go to Iraq soon. That stupid lady laughed at me and said there is no such thing and that I have to wait in line like the rest of them. Turns out that she was WRONG and my case DID get expedited.

Hi guys, it's me.

Listen, I need help here. Or at least opinions.

I filed my AOS I-130-I-485 concurrently and shipped it off 24th July 2007

RECEIVED 26th July 2007

Today I got the entire package sent back to me with a NOA that I need to pay the new fee, and paperwork telling me why

(after or on 30th new fee, before 30th, old fee.)

The received date on the NOA is 26th July 2007

Each page in the package has been stamped with 26th July 2007

They are asking me for the $1000+ fee instead of the $765 fee I originally paid. Check was returned also un-cashed (of course)

So i get on the phone with the USCIS. The first guy was unhelpful, told me to make an infopass appointment.

I call again:

This time I got a woman. She was helpful but only after a very annoying and quite rude start, paraphrased below

EL44: What is your case...etc etc

ME: I have had my case returned to me, they're asking for the new fee increase, It was sent in before the fee increase, shall i send it back with a cover letter and evidence and just try again?

EL44: No sir, there must be more information on the AOS.

ME: There isn't, just asking me to pay new increase

EL44: That cannot be right, there is more on the form, sir

ME: No, english is my first language, Ma'am and there is nothing else on this form, It's obviously a USCIS mistake, shall i Just send it back with a cover letter?

EL44: Words mean nothing, only facts (exact phrase)

ME: Oh, I agree, I will include the NOA which has the date on it, the mail USPS receipt, and also the postmarked package (the USCIS cut it off the original submission box and sent it back to me!! with the date on it!!)

ME: also, every page in this package has been electronically stamped with July 26th 2007

EL44: You can send it back but you may get it returned to you. Possibly someone made a booboo

ME: I know, you guys were under a huge crunch, and inundated with forms. I will send it back with all this evidence. Thank you for your time, I really appreciate your help (hehe)

So there you go, just wondering if anyone else has experience this, or if anyone has had similar NOA?

I hope this helps some people having similar problems

Should i include checks for each file individually or one overall check? Does it even matter?

I'm resubmitting the package tomorrow. I'm praying a mistake like this does not happen again.

Thank you for your time

CALL OR GO SEE YOUR US HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVE or US SENATOR NOW, and take everything with you to show them what happened and have them do a Congressional Inquiry, you will be amazed at how quickly this little "booboo" will suddenly get cleared up and fixed for you. USCIS is a total absolute joke, of course you have to realize that the current US administration sets the tone for how they are run and well, it is also an absolute joke, just like monkey see monkey do, as you may not know it was this current president and his administration that pushed through these new fee increases at the beginning of this year and the president signed off on them, when they cannot even handle the workload they currently have anyway!

036.jpg

Timeline:

*Met in Tanzfleck, Germany October 24, 2003 - Continued dating until he got out of the ARMY in Nov. 2005. Continued LD relationship.

*Came to visit me in Germany for New Years 2006

*Filed for K1 Visa on 4/4/06

*NOA1 - 7/6/06

*I-129F NOA2 Approved - 9/14/06

*Came to see me Thanksgiving week in Nov. 2006

*K1 Interview - 2/2/07

*K1 Visa received - 2/11/07

*Date of US Entry (POE Chicago)- 3/5/07

*Wedding/Marriage - 3/17/07

AOS (My case was expedited due to husband going to Iraq):

*Filed for AOS - 4/20/07

*Found out in the beginning of June that husband is going to Iraq

*NOA for I-485 - 6/11/07

*Made Infopass appointment to get case expedited due to deployment (Infopass appt 6/12/07)

*Biometrics - 7/7/07

*Interview date - 7/11/07

*I-485 Aprroval date- 7/11/07

*Green Card Received- 7/19/07

Removal of Conditions:

*Filed petition to remove conditions on 6/9/09

*NOA- 6/15/09

*Biometrics Appt. in Birmingham - 8/6/09

*Lifting of Conditions Approval Date - 10/22/09

*Waiting for Green Card!

Had our daughter on 4/4/08 and have another baby due 11/19/09!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.