MATTOB

OLD FEE/ NEW FEE... Happened to you?

43 posts in this topic

Classic USCIS! Sorry to hear about your situation, and while you are right, assuming everything was received and stamped prior to the fee increase date, I think I would run with the advice of the poster who suggested paying the increased fee and resubmitting, then try and get it back after you get the green card. I can't imagine you would not be able to get a refund later on!

We submitted two checks for our application, one for AOS which included the biometrics fee, and one check to cover the EAD fee. (Old fee schedule of course!) Just to answer you one question. If you also applied for AP write a third check for that.

Good luck! You should be able to resubmit the package at the old fee schedule by making an infopass appointment. If you want to fight this from the front end and file under the old fee schedule that would be my tactic. Make sure you copy everything before mailing it back.

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
So, you actually got a NOA for all three applications? Yet they have still sent the package back? If you have the NOAs and they no longer have the application, I can't see how they hope to process your case any more.

Personally, I'd have taken the hard copy NOAs and the original returned package with me to an infopass appointment, just to see them try to explain it away. ;)

Well, I wish you luck anyway and keep us posted!

I'm thinking an infopass appointment would be good but it probably would add some time to your process waiting for the appointment. NOA just means notice of action. This notice of action indicates they are returning the package for the correct fee. In our terminology NOA1 is a notice that the action they took was to accept the petition and put it in the queue for processing, so NOA but not NOA1.

I would reassemble the documents in the order they are mentioned in your cover letter and just send them back with a second cover letter explaining their error. They do know they make errors.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Thanks for all the advice, going to mail the package now. B)

12.24.04 US Entry on F-1 Visa

06.30.05 Met Renee

03.17.07 Married!

AOS

07.24.07 Filed I-130 + I 1485

07.26.07 Package Received

gse_multipart60077.jpggse_multipart43945.jpggse_multipart39392.jpggse_multipart60125.jpgStarshipTN.jpg

Indie Frog Studios

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
So, you actually got a NOA for all three applications? Yet they have still sent the package back? If you have the NOAs and they no longer have the application, I can't see how they hope to process your case any more.

Personally, I'd have taken the hard copy NOAs and the original returned package with me to an infopass appointment, just to see them try to explain it away. ;)

Well, I wish you luck anyway and keep us posted!

I'm thinking an infopass appointment would be good but it probably would add some time to your process waiting for the appointment. NOA just means notice of action. This notice of action indicates they are returning the package for the correct fee. In our terminology NOA1 is a notice that the action they took was to accept the petition and put it in the queue for processing, so NOA but not NOA1.

I would reassemble the documents in the order they are mentioned in your cover letter and just send them back with a second cover letter explaining their error. They do know they make errors.

Valid point. My NOA says receipt notice and that the next step is Biometrics. If the OP's states that the next step is to pay the correct fee then he has to pursue it from that angle. I still maintain that the Infopass would be good idea, just to see the Immigration Officer try to explain it. But I'm twisted like that. ;)

i understand, just don't want to go to all that trouble with the infopass just to have some guy say "I dunno, mail it again and see what happens"

know what i mean?

The gal on the phone was very reluctant to admit it could be a mistake, but when she did she was like an embarrassed kid.

06.30.05 Met Renee

03.17.07 Married!

AOS

gse_multipart60077.jpggse_multipart43945.jpggse_multipart39392.jpggse_multipart60125.jpgStarshipTN.jpg

Indie Frog Studios

They say

The Check amount is incorrect or has not been provided. The correct filing fee is $930. Each applicant between the ages of 14 and 79 must also include and additional $80 dollars fingerprint fee. Please resubmit the application with the appropriate fees to the address listed on the bottom of this notice

That's all it says

06.30.05 Met Renee

03.17.07 Married!

AOS

Indie Frog Studios

I had the exact same thing happen to me. They signed for it July 24th.

After a night of swearing and ranting about USCIS I decided to bite the bullet and refile with the new fee. I didnt see much hope trying to fight with them over it.

08/18/02 We meet

09/11/06 We get Engaged

10/21/06 Mailed I-129F & Documents to NSC

10/23/06 Discovered VJ Forum

11/03/06 K-1 NOA1

01/17/07 K-1 NOA2

03/12/07 Medical

04/13/07 Interview Sucess!

04/17/07 Visa Delivered

04/26/07 POE Minneapolis - 5 Stars !

06/02/07 Wedding

08/17/07 AOS Filed

11/19/07 Biometrics

12/17/07 Transferred to CSC

01/24/08 E-mail stating 2 Year Green Card production ordered.

01/04/10 Filed I-751

02/05/10 Biometrics

02/18/10 Ten Year Green Card Production ordered

02/23/10 10 Year Green Card Arrives in Mail!

899646.gif

You can try sending it back with an explanation and the NOA and if they reject it this time contact your elected representative, you are getting screwed. Good luck :thumbs:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

This whole thing is very disconcerting. Obviously there are some USCIS employees who don't know how to discern who is under the old fee structure and who is not.

SA4userbar.jpg

Timeline
They say

The Check amount is incorrect or has not been provided. The correct filing fee is $930. Each applicant between the ages of 14 and 79 must also include and additional $80 dollars fingerprint fee. Please resubmit the application with the appropriate fees to the address listed on the bottom of this notice

That's all it says

Could you send back your original paperwork with a copy of this press release ??

http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/Re...Times081007.pdf

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

WOW!!!!! Sorry to hear about your dilema! This sure is a "dog's breakfast" ya gotta wonder...what kind of education back ground a person is required to have to work for USCIS????? some of the "stupid Boo-Boo's" you read about here are unbelieveable! :o

The NOA was a rejection notice, but seeing as it is dated, it shows that you had sent the application prior to the fee increase, so make sure you keep the original notice and send them back a copy only.

You might want to give your congressional office a call, some offices are pretty helpful with this sort of issue and mine helped me to resolve an issue that I had when filing.

2001 Met

2005 Married

I-485/I-130

12/06/2006-------Mailed I-130/1-485

12/16/2006--------Recieved NOA 1 (I-130 & I-485)

12/18/2006--------Touched I-130/I-485

01/20/2007--------Biometrics

05/10/2007 -- Interview, Approved!

05/22/2007 GREEN CARD arrives!!!

02/2009 - File to lift conditions

I-765

12/14/2006--- Mailed EAD App.

01/20/2007--- Biometrics

02/09/2005-------Sent in request to Congressional office for assistance with expediting EAD.

02/13/2007 -------- EAD Approved!

02/26/2007 - ------EAD received

Removal of Conditions:

05/12/2009 -- Overnighted application by USPS express mail (VSC).

05/14/2009 -- Green Card expired.

05/23/2009 --- Check cleared bank.

05/26/2009 -- Received NOA (NOA date May 15, 2009, guess they aren't deporting me).

05/29/2009- Biometrics Notice date

06/01/2009- Received Biometrics Letter

06/18/2009 - Biometrics

09/23/2009 - date of decision to approve (letter received), just waiting for card. No online updates whatsoever.

Filed: Other Timeline

Well, remember the customer service rep told you someone might have made a 'boo boo'? Sounds like it to me for sure.

Just because I am hard headed, I would send it all back with copies of the NOA's and a cover letter informing them you believe you did pay the correct fee. I love the idea given above of sending along a copy of their own press release.

Keep us informed as to what you decide to do and how it works out!

Remember that receipt date is not necessarily the same with NOA date. They might had received it on July 26, but NOA1 was intended to be generated on the last day of July. Sucks right?

Hi guys, it's me.

Listen, I need help here. Or at least opinions.

I filed my AOS I-130-I-485 concurrently and shipped it off 24th July 2007

RECEIVED 26th July 2007

Today I got the entire package sent back to me with a NOA that I need to pay the new fee, and paperwork telling me why

(after or on 30th new fee, before 30th, old fee.)

The received date on the NOA is 26th July 2007

Each page in the package has been stamped with 26th July 2007

They are asking me for the $1000+ fee instead of the $765 fee I originally paid. Check was returned also un-cashed (of course)

So i get on the phone with the USCIS. The first guy was unhelpful, told me to make an infopass appointment.

I call again:

This time I got a woman. She was helpful but only after a very annoying and quite rude start, paraphrased below

EL44: What is your case...etc etc

ME: I have had my case returned to me, they're asking for the new fee increase, It was sent in before the fee increase, shall i send it back with a cover letter and evidence and just try again?

EL44: No sir, there must be more information on the AOS.

ME: There isn't, just asking me to pay new increase

EL44: That cannot be right, there is more on the form, sir

ME: No, english is my first language, Ma'am and there is nothing else on this form, It's obviously a USCIS mistake, shall i Just send it back with a cover letter?

EL44: Words mean nothing, only facts (exact phrase)

ME: Oh, I agree, I will include the NOA which has the date on it, the mail USPS receipt, and also the postmarked package (the USCIS cut it off the original submission box and sent it back to me!! with the date on it!!)

ME: also, every page in this package has been electronically stamped with July 26th 2007

EL44: You can send it back but you may get it returned to you. Possibly someone made a booboo

ME: I know, you guys were under a huge crunch, and inundated with forms. I will send it back with all this evidence. Thank you for your time, I really appreciate your help (hehe)

So there you go, just wondering if anyone else has experience this, or if anyone has had similar NOA?

I hope this helps some people having similar problems

Should i include checks for each file individually or one overall check? Does it even matter?

I'm resubmitting the package tomorrow. I'm praying a mistake like this does not happen again.

Thank you for your time

NATURALIZATION

01-11-2014 N-400 Packet Sent

01-17-2014 Check cleared

01-24-2014 Received NOA dated 01/14 in the mail

02-20-2014 1st Service Request created for delayed biometric appointment letter

03-01-2014 Received 'yellow' letter in the mail

03-28-2014 2nd Service Request created since the 1st request had no response from the assigned Service Center

04-07-2014 Received biometric appointment letter in the mail

04-25-2014 At last, my biometric appointment!!!!

06-09-2014 Interview - recommended for approval!

07-17-2014 Oath Ceremoney USCIS-Orlando Office! I'm A United States Citizen

AOS AND EAD
02-13-2009 AOS Packet Sent
02-15-2009 Delivered to Chicago Lockbox
02-23-2009 Date of NOA1 (AOS & EAD)
02-25-2009 Check Cleared
02-27-2009 Received NOA1s (AOS and EAD) and Bio Appointment Letter in the mail!!
03-18-2009 Biometric Appointment
04-17-2009 EAD card production ordered!
04-27-2009 EAD card in received in mail
06-19-2009 Received interview appointment in the mail
08-19-2009 Interview Date APPROVED!
08-28-2009 Received 10-year GC in the mail

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.