Privateer

Oath Letter Timeline

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline
Hello,

Does anyone know approximately how long it takes between Naturalization Interview and the receipt of the Oath Letter???

It depends... My husband interview(12/04) did not go well. He finnally received his oath letter at the end of june 2007. He was swear in july 04,07. FRom begginning to the end the all process took close to 3 years: N 400 mailed out july 19, 2004.... he became an american July 04, 2007.

Good luck

Filed: Timeline
It depends... My husband interview(12/04) did not go well. He finnally received his oath letter at the end of june 2007. He was swear in july 04,07. FRom begginning to the end the all process took close to 3 years: N 400 mailed out july 19, 2004.... he became an american July 04, 2007.

Good luck

May I ask what was the problem during the interview?

Filed: Other Timeline

Good luck

May I ask what was the problem during the interview?

My hubby got his green card via an union with an usc. They were separeted since 1999 ans divorced in 2003. During the interview( 2004) the officer asked my husband what was his ex- mother in law nickname. My husband could not remerber.Is N 400 was completed before we got married in june 2004 but mailed out in July 2004. On the application my husband wrote that he was single and while during the interview he said he was remaried.

I believed that were his two stikes.

It took us closed to 3 years to finally see a resolution.had to be finger rpinted 3 time because the fbi back ground ckecks took so long.

Make sure you known your file and and all the documents you may have entered back in the days.

It was a hell of a ride....

Make sure you known your file and and all the documents you may have entered back in the days.

It was a hell of a ride....

I can relate to the hell ride as my I-751 was pending for over five years just because some person at USCIS didn`t like me...Anyways, I`ll look at all facts I have entered in N-400, they should be the same ;-) I filed on 5 year residency base, not as a spouse of USC, maybe these interviews not that complecated.

Hello,

Does anyone know approximately how long it takes between Naturalization Interview and the receipt of the Oath Letter???

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

My interview went very smoothly, only about 15 minutes and the office said that I should be able to make the September 12th Oath Ceremony, all he had to do was get final approval on my application.

• 1 month later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.