stanley

Never met my fiance but sent in the K-1 application

85 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

:lol::lol:

i wake up everyday hoping ppl in the world would become intelligent, the question on this thread just proved i should stop hoping :lol:

and i love Trainspotting :thumbs:

Oh and i doubt he has a disability. Please stop making excuses for ppl you dont know and who clearly didnt bother to read instructions. All this person did was write on the form and mail it in.

and OP, NO you will not get approved without meeting your fiance first. Thats not something you should be asking here, its common sense!!!

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Does anyone really believe that this is NOT a troll? Yes there are a lot of dumbos out there -- but this is a case where the I-129F makes it CRYSTAL CLEAR that you have to prove you've met in the prior two years and describe that meeting. The form even clearly says "Explain also in detail any reasons you may have for requesting that the requirement that you and your fiancé(e) must have met should not apply to you".

I don't believe a real applicant filling out the form would just decide to skip that part.

My call = TROLL

I'd be inclined to agree except that I don't believe 90% of applicants read the instructions.

To the OP: if you haven't met in person, you'd have to demonstrate conclusively to USCIS why you haven't done so. You'd have to show either a religious or cultural reason that you couldn't meet (not just that you couldn't be alone together, but that you weren't permitted to meet), or you'd have to show something like a medical reason that prevented you from going to see her, and a reason that she couldn't come to see you, or that neither of you could go to a third country to meet. I don't remember the link, but there is a link that lists a bunch of arguments people have used. I can think of one success (disabled USC unable to travel at all, beneficiary unable to come to visit)... but who knows if they were able to demonstrate a bonafide relationship at the interview.

Thank you, Caladan for that reply. :thumbs: We must also remember that there are a couple of members of VJ who HADN'T met their SO at time of filing. Yes, they were denied initially, but they do exist.

I respectfully request that we please stop the "troll" comments in this thread. Thankyou.

Filed: Timeline

Hello,

unfortunately your telephone bills are not enough.

As K-1 visa is a United States non-immigrant visa benefiting fiancés and fiancées of US citizen petitioners. The Application is made by the petitioner in the US on a USCIS form I-129F filed by mail at a USCIS Service Center. The Applicant must provide detailed information and supporting documentation to establish that both parties are legally free to marry, have met each other, intend to marry, do not have disqualifying criminal histories (so-called crimes of moral turpitude), and proof of identity and citizenship. Recent changes to the Law also limit the number of petitions a Petitioner can make, and the Petitioner must not have a criminal history of sexual or partner abuse. Other recent changes in the Law also severely limit the role of "marriage agencies" in the introductions, and any involvement must be disclosed.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

AWWWWW I think you all scared the poor pup away , he hasnt even made a reply since the first post , lol you all rude ppl rude i tell ya , lmao this post had me in tears lmfao i think it was a joke to keep us ocupied give us something funny to read ,lol ( if it wasnt a joke I feel bad for the lost pup he coulda saved the cash bought a ticket to see his fiance and probly had a lil cash left to invite her for a big mac ) lol

129f for K1 visa filed in march 07 check my timeline for full info

03 March 2008 , received welcome letter and 2 year GC yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh

22 NOV 2009 to lift condition GC expires 22 Feb 2010

24 Nov 09 send in I 751 ( ROC , in VT )

25 Nov 09 Your item was delivered at 12:10 PM in SAINT ALBANS, VT 05479 to INS .

30 Nov 09 Check Cashed

21 Dec 09 biometric

On March 9, 2010, we ordered production of your new card.

12 March 2010 received approval letter in mail

16 March 2010 10 year Green Card received in mail exp date March 09 / 2020

April 14/2017 send N400 

04/25/17 credit card charged 

04/25/17 e mail NOA send 

05/01/17 hard copy of NOA dated 04/25 received in mail

05/06/17 biometric hard copy in mail 

05/19/17 Biometric appointment in Hartford CT 

07/17/17 Inline for Interview 

07/24/17 Interview letter in mail 

08/24/17 Interview in Springfield MA ... Yes Aproved

09/14/17 Oath Ceremony .... done I am a US citizen

09/22/17 Applied for Passport ( per reg mail ) 

10/04/17 got passport in mail  

10/13/17 got certificate in mail  , updated status with social security office 

AM DONE YEAHHHHHHHHHHH 

Timeline
AWWWWW I think you all scared the poor pup away , he hasnt even made a reply since the first post , lol you all rude ppl rude i tell ya , lmao this post had me in tears lmfao i think it was a joke to keep us ocupied give us something funny to read ,lol ( if it wasnt a joke I feel bad for the lost pup he coulda saved the cash bought a ticket to see his fiance and probly had a lil cash left to invite her for a big mac ) lol

I really don't think posts like this are necessary, especially considering that I requested people stop with the troll accusations just a few minutes beforehand.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I really don't think posts like this are necessary, especially considering that I requested people stop with the troll accusations just a few minutes beforehand.

sorry " I do feel bad for the op "

129f for K1 visa filed in march 07 check my timeline for full info

03 March 2008 , received welcome letter and 2 year GC yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh

22 NOV 2009 to lift condition GC expires 22 Feb 2010

24 Nov 09 send in I 751 ( ROC , in VT )

25 Nov 09 Your item was delivered at 12:10 PM in SAINT ALBANS, VT 05479 to INS .

30 Nov 09 Check Cashed

21 Dec 09 biometric

On March 9, 2010, we ordered production of your new card.

12 March 2010 received approval letter in mail

16 March 2010 10 year Green Card received in mail exp date March 09 / 2020

April 14/2017 send N400 

04/25/17 credit card charged 

04/25/17 e mail NOA send 

05/01/17 hard copy of NOA dated 04/25 received in mail

05/06/17 biometric hard copy in mail 

05/19/17 Biometric appointment in Hartford CT 

07/17/17 Inline for Interview 

07/24/17 Interview letter in mail 

08/24/17 Interview in Springfield MA ... Yes Aproved

09/14/17 Oath Ceremony .... done I am a US citizen

09/22/17 Applied for Passport ( per reg mail ) 

10/04/17 got passport in mail  

10/13/17 got certificate in mail  , updated status with social security office 

AM DONE YEAHHHHHHHHHHH 

Timeline

sorry " I do feel bad for the op "

Okay, no problem. :D

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
I respectfully request that we please stop the "troll" comments in this thread. Thankyou.

Are you serious? Since when is it NOT ok to call out a troll? The OP posted a rather ridiculous question (yes we all define ridiculous differently and yes we all have different levels of intelligence and yes some of us have learning disabilities) that is 100% clear on the I-129F.

AND he has NOT returned.

Now is it against the unwritten VJ rules to call a spade a spade?

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

I have seen other people ask this question before over the years. It's not a new question. Just because they ask does not mean they are a troll. Yes they should have read the instructions better, and maybe tried to get away with it anyway even after reading the instructions. I don't usually read these threads but decided to read this one, and some of you have too much fun calling ppl trolls and making big judgments here. Maybe it's time you take a break from helping ppl in this section because you seem way too desensitized to ppl and their questions.

Does anyone really believe that this is NOT a troll? Yes there are a lot of dumbos out there -- but this is a case where the I-129F makes it CRYSTAL CLEAR that you have to prove you've met in the prior two years and describe that meeting. The form even clearly says "Explain also in detail any reasons you may have for requesting that the requirement that you and your fiancé(e) must have met should not apply to you".

I don't believe a real applicant filling out the form would just decide to skip that part.

My call = TROLL

I'd be inclined to agree except that I don't believe 90% of applicants read the instructions.

To the OP: if you haven't met in person, you'd have to demonstrate conclusively to USCIS why you haven't done so. You'd have to show either a religious or cultural reason that you couldn't meet (not just that you couldn't be alone together, but that you weren't permitted to meet), or you'd have to show something like a medical reason that prevented you from going to see her, and a reason that she couldn't come to see you, or that neither of you could go to a third country to meet. I don't remember the link, but there is a link that lists a bunch of arguments people have used. I can think of one success (disabled USC unable to travel at all, beneficiary unable to come to visit)... but who knows if they were able to demonstrate a bonafide relationship at the interview.

Thank you, Caladan for that reply. :thumbs: We must also remember that there are a couple of members of VJ who HADN'T met their SO at time of filing. Yes, they were denied initially, but they do exist.

:thumbs:

:thumbs:

Are you serious? Since when is it NOT ok to call out a troll? The OP posted a rather ridiculous question (yes we all define ridiculous differently and yes we all have different levels of intelligence and yes some of us have learning disabilities) that is 100% clear on the I-129F.

AND he has NOT returned.

Now is it against the unwritten VJ rules to call a spade a spade?

Something might not be a spade just because you think it is.

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

I have seen other people ask this question before over the years. It's not a new question. Just because they ask does not mean they are a troll. Yes they should have read the instructions better, and maybe tried to get away with it anyway even after reading the instructions. I don't usually read these threads but decided to read this one, and some of you have too much fun calling ppl trolls and making big judgments here. Maybe it's time you take a break from helping ppl in this section because you seem way too desensitized to ppl and their questions.

And what you wrote is not just as judgemental? VJ Sheesh.

Didn't we have an actual member who tried for a K-1 having not met her fiance?

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Timeline

I don't care if it sounds judgmental, it is what it is.

You just did exactly what you accused others of!!! :wacko:

Timeline

You just did exactly what you accused others of!!! :wacko:

If people think so, I am fine with that. What I said needed to be said.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
If people think so, I am fine with that. What I said needed to be said.

And if people think I'm "having fun calling ppl trolls and making big judgments here" and "seem way too desensitized to ppl and their questions" then I am fine with that. I said what needed to be said -- that it's EXTREMELY likely that the OP is a troll.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.