stanley

Never met my fiance but sent in the K-1 application

85 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
No, I don't think that learning disabilities are the reason for making dumb questions.. most of the times we are just too lazy to read, if you are going to start this journey on your own, do yourself a favor and read and read and read again, get informed as much as you can, read books, read the guidelines, and please read the instructions! If you have a question you can always come here and ask.

You'll learn so much more doing some reading first.

I don't think so either, I was just saying maybe being so harsh isn't the best way to handle these posts. But sometimes you read and read and something may be right there and you don't see it, so you ask, then get flamed. This is an extreme case and you would have to be quite out of touch to not know. I agree that it was either a joke, or someone asking to see if anyone has gotten away with it. Maybe it is someone who is totally in love with his gf but can't afford to fly over. I know I know if you can't afford that marriage shouldn't be in the picture so on and so forth, but being in love makes people do odd things lol

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
If one cannot read (and follow) the instructions of a simple form, they have bigger issues than getting flamed on a messageboard.

Amen to that my sistah!

And sorry, there ARE dumb questions. I would hope that a learning disabled person would understand enough about his/her disability to make a decision about what they are or are not capable of doing.

And I don't think anyone in this thread was particularly harsh, either. The fact is the 2 yr requirement is just that a requirement. People responded with the cold hard facts. Since the OP made this drive-by post, I think its reasonable to assume that he is a TROLL.

Either way, there is no evidence to suggest the OP is LD, but plenty to suggest he is a TROLL.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
If one cannot read (and follow) the instructions of a simple form, they have bigger issues than getting flamed on a messageboard.

Amen to that my sistah!

And sorry, there ARE dumb questions. I would hope that a learning disabled person would understand enough about his/her disability to make a decision about what they are or are not capable of doing.

And I don't think anyone in this thread was particularly harsh, either. The fact is the 2 yr requirement is just that a requirement. People responded with the cold hard facts. Since the OP made this drive-by post, I think its reasonable to assume that he is a TROLL.

Either way, there is no evidence to suggest the OP is LD, but plenty to suggest he is a TROLL.

I love it when someone shows a voice of reason!

:thumbs:

No, I don't think that learning disabilities are the reason for making dumb questions.. most of the times we are just too lazy to read, if you are going to start this journey on your own, do yourself a favor and read and read and read again, get informed as much as you can, read books, read the guidelines, and please read the instructions! If you have a question you can always come here and ask.

You'll learn so much more doing some reading first.

I don't think so either, I was just saying maybe being so harsh isn't the best way to handle these posts. But sometimes you read and read and something may be right there and you don't see it, so you ask, then get flamed. This is an extreme case and you would have to be quite out of touch to not know. I agree that it was either a joke, or someone asking to see if anyone has gotten away with it. Maybe it is someone who is totally in love with his gf but can't afford to fly over. I know I know if you can't afford that marriage shouldn't be in the picture so on and so forth, but being in love makes people do odd things lol

If you can't afford a plane ticket, why on earth would filing a $455 petition (that will no doubt be denied) be anymore fiscally responsible?

To coin a favorite phrase of mine, you may as well throw the $455 in the toilet and eliminate the middle man.

Edited by TracyTN
SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

There's not a toilet around that I wouldn't go into for that money either....nah, who am I kidding?? you ever see Trainspotting? eh hem...ok sorry........ :ot2:

22 Jun 05 - We met in a tiny bar in Williamsburg, Va. (spent all summer together)

27 May 06 - Sasha comes back for a 2nd glorious summer (spent 8 months apart)

01 Jan 07 - Jason travels to Moscow for 2 weeks with Sasha

27 May 07 - Jason again travels to Moscow for 2 weeks of perfection

14 July 07 - I-129F and all related documents sent to VSC

16 July 07 - I-129F delivered to VSC and signed for by P. Novak

20 July 07 - NOA1 issued / receipt number assigned

27 Sep 07 - Jason travels to Moscow to be with Sasha for 2 weeks

28 Nov 07 - NOA2 issued...TOUCHED!...then...APPROVED!!!

01 Dec 07 - NVC receives/assigns case #

04 Dec 07 - NVC sends case to U.S. Embassy Moscow

26 Dec 07 - Jason visits Sasha in Russia for the 4th and final time of 2007 :)

22 Feb 08 - Moscow Interview! (APPROVED!!!)..Yay!

24 Mar 08 - Sasha and Jason reunite in the U.S. :)

31 May 08 - Married

29 Dec 08- Alexander is born

11 Jan 10 - AOS / AP / EAD package sent

19 Jan 10 - AOS NOA1 / AP NOA1 / EAD NOA1

08 Feb 10 - AOS case transferred to CSC

16 Mar 10 - AP received

16 Mar 10 - AOS approved

19 Mar 10 - EAD received

22 Mar 10 - GC received

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Hahaha, you know this topic was only started about 7 hours ago and already has over 1200 views. That's just crazy. Is that a troll record??

22 Jun 05 - We met in a tiny bar in Williamsburg, Va. (spent all summer together)

27 May 06 - Sasha comes back for a 2nd glorious summer (spent 8 months apart)

01 Jan 07 - Jason travels to Moscow for 2 weeks with Sasha

27 May 07 - Jason again travels to Moscow for 2 weeks of perfection

14 July 07 - I-129F and all related documents sent to VSC

16 July 07 - I-129F delivered to VSC and signed for by P. Novak

20 July 07 - NOA1 issued / receipt number assigned

27 Sep 07 - Jason travels to Moscow to be with Sasha for 2 weeks

28 Nov 07 - NOA2 issued...TOUCHED!...then...APPROVED!!!

01 Dec 07 - NVC receives/assigns case #

04 Dec 07 - NVC sends case to U.S. Embassy Moscow

26 Dec 07 - Jason visits Sasha in Russia for the 4th and final time of 2007 :)

22 Feb 08 - Moscow Interview! (APPROVED!!!)..Yay!

24 Mar 08 - Sasha and Jason reunite in the U.S. :)

31 May 08 - Married

29 Dec 08- Alexander is born

11 Jan 10 - AOS / AP / EAD package sent

19 Jan 10 - AOS NOA1 / AP NOA1 / EAD NOA1

08 Feb 10 - AOS case transferred to CSC

16 Mar 10 - AP received

16 Mar 10 - AOS approved

19 Mar 10 - EAD received

22 Mar 10 - GC received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

My neice works for UNICEF in Nairobi, Kenya, and arrived home for a visit last week. Based on her description of life for 99% of Kenyans, emails and webcam communication is impossible. The suggestion that "Stanley" and his fiancee communicated via email and webcams is absurd. Only a very few very wealthy Kenyans would have access to the Internet. Thus, "Stanley's" story is implausible and ridiculous.

Add kitkat's observation below, and it's not a great leap to deduce that our new friend "Stanley" is a TROLL.

Does anyone really believe that this is NOT a troll? Yes there are a lot of dumbos out there -- but this is a case where the I-129F makes it CRYSTAL CLEAR that you have to prove you've met in the prior two years and describe that meeting. The form even clearly says "Explain also in detail any reasons you may have for requesting that the requirement that you and your fiancé(e) must have met should not apply to you".

I don't believe a real applicant filling out the form would just decide to skip that part.

My call = TROLL

MM and MS

San Francisco and Istanbul

I-129F Received (CSC): February 21, 2007

Filing Fee Check Cashed: February 26, 2007

NOA1 Issued: February 28, 2007

Touched: March 1, 2007

Touched: May 7, 2007

RFE Issued: May 8, 2007

RFE Reply Sent: June 25, 2007 (wrong PO Box)

RFE Reply Sent: July 12, 2007 (correct address)

RFE Reply Received (CSC): July 19, 2007

Touched: July 20, 2007

NOA2 Issued: July 27, 2007

Petition Received (NVC): August 20,2007

Petition Sent to Embassy (Ankara, Turkey): August 22, 2007

Packet 3 Arrived: September 11, 2007

We all "could" be wrong as here is a guy that claims he pulled off Service Center approval without having met his fiance in person.

If he's trolling; He's GOOD at doing so!

http://www.theworldoffilipinas.com/forum/i...sult_type=posts

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

however there is a guy on theworldoffilipinas.com who just receved his NOA2 approval from CSC, and he has never met his filipina fiance. he has mental fatigue and financial hardships he says and got a lawyer to say he cant travel. he got approved yesterday. it will be interesting to see if his fiance is approved in manila. and he is not wheelchair bound etc. he looks fine to me. i dont know how me will afford her expenses there for the visa or the AOS here in the states. im not even sure how he afforded a lawyer. he seems to still live at home. his posts said he asked his dad if he could marry the girl. they have chatted online since 2004. He did get a RFE for more on the relationship, so he wrote them a letter telling them it. he posted his letter back in may. he filed in march but the way.

in the end, he did get approved. he posted the email stating the approval.

chris

Edited by chris4gretchen

1_948852256l.jpg

Gretchen montage

Davao July 07

our friendster

08/12/08 AOS sent

08/13/08 AOS received

08/15/08 NOA1 received EAD

08/15/08 NOA1 received AOS

08/19/08 Checks cashed

08/23/08 biometrics appt letter

09/09/08 biometrics

10/27/08 EAD approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
however there is a guy on theworldoffilipinas.com who just receved his NOA2 approval from CSC, and he has never met his filipina fiance. he has mental fatigue and financial hardships he says and got a lawyer to say he cant travel. he got approved yesterday. it will be interesting to see if his fiance is approved in manila. and he is not wheelchair bound etc. he looks fine to me. i dont know how me will afford her expenses there for the visa or the AOS here in the states. im not even sure how he afforded a lawyer. he seems to still live at home. his posts said he asked his dad if he could marry the girl. they have chatted online since 2004. He did get a RFE for more on the relationship, so he wrote them a letter telling them it. he posted his letter back in may. he filed in march but the way.

in the end, he did get approved. he posted the email stating the approval.

chris

He's got a dog. If he can afford to feed the dog, maybe they'll end up sharing the dog food to survive. It's not unheard of ;)

Joseph

us.jpgKarolina

AOS application received Chicago - 11/12/2007

Does anyone really believe that this is NOT a troll? Yes there are a lot of dumbos out there -- but this is a case where the I-129F makes it CRYSTAL CLEAR that you have to prove you've met in the prior two years and describe that meeting. The form even clearly says "Explain also in detail any reasons you may have for requesting that the requirement that you and your fiancé(e) must have met should not apply to you".

I don't believe a real applicant filling out the form would just decide to skip that part.

My call = TROLL

:thumbs::yes:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My call = TROLL

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

My call = TROLL

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

LOL Just got done reading all the posts on here concerning Stanley WoW that was fun I really needed a pick me up and all your posts did it thanks guys,, really down in dumps today,,but you made me feel a little better!! :cry2:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

i think stanley misunderstood the words "having met". he thought that meant they met on the internet vs met in another country or met thru family etc. i dont think he understood having met meant personally in the physical. i think he missed that part. and i think reading here he discovered everyone had physically met.

chris

1_948852256l.jpg

Gretchen montage

Davao July 07

our friendster

08/12/08 AOS sent

08/13/08 AOS received

08/15/08 NOA1 received EAD

08/15/08 NOA1 received AOS

08/19/08 Checks cashed

08/23/08 biometrics appt letter

09/09/08 biometrics

10/27/08 EAD approved

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
There's not a toilet around that I wouldn't go into for that money either....nah, who am I kidding?? you ever see Trainspotting? eh hem...ok sorry........ :ot2:

I love that movie :thumbs: !

11/2004 - Met in Brazil

09/2006 - Apply for K1

03/2007 - K1 approved

04/2007 - Apply for AOS & EAD

07/2007 - EAD approved

01/2008 - Conditional Residency approved

11/2009 - Apply to remove conditions

02/2010 - Permanent Residency approved

11/2010 - Apply for Citizenship

03/2011 - Citizenship approved

07/2011 - Moved back to Brazil

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.