WifeOHunkyJohn

Immigration Activist to Leave Sanctuary

185 posts in this topic

Nul point for recognising the signs of irony!

What I was trying to convey is, how morally superior it seems to make some people feel to jump on a 'hatred' band wagon.

It's one thing to want immigration reform, to want to curb the influx of illegal aliens etc, it's quite another to gang up and vilify an individual. However, rock on!

Dont recall the word Hate being used towards her either,figments of your imagination. Calling Gary deluded in another thred? Wow.

Edited by CarolsMarc

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
Daniel, I think the difference here is that generally speaking, the general public tends to think of an advocate or activist is someone who is actually on the RIGHT side of the law, or at least has some kind of valid argument or a leg to stand on.

Abolitionists who willingly helped slaves escape were also acting outside of the law.

Edited by Mister Fancypants

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
gang up and vilify an individual

Hey we're entitled to our opinions. I'm in favor of immigration reform. I'm not in favor of an illegal alien hiding in a church for a year, demanding that she has rights simply because her son was born in the US.

Filed: Timeline
I'm sure you are all having a better day gloating over the idea that she should be arrested for her evil ways...

So convicts shall forthwith evade the lawful orders of our courts of law and we ought to stand there and cheer them on? Is that the essence of what you're trying to convey?

Oh, I think I can detect the signs of hatred without having to see the words written up in large letters. Why single out this one woman to jail and deport, regardless of her views/self proclaimed activist label?

Still, carry on thinking it's only the proper reaction of law abiding citizens.

LOL, now that's such a common counter non argument, because I say this, I must mean that, lol, please, some of you make me laugh so much.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: Country: Indonesia
Timeline
Oh, I think I can detect the signs of hatred without having to see the words written up in large letters. Why single out this one woman to jail and deport, regardless of her views/self proclaimed activist label?

Still, carry on thinking it's only the proper reaction of law abiding citizens.

Why you paint people who does not agree with the action that the woman has taken as being "hateful"?

Disagree does not equal hateful, no ?

I-130

Jun 28 2004 : Received at NSC

Oct 25 2004 : Transferred to CSC

Oct 29 2004 : Received at CSC

Nov 8 2004 : Received response from CSC that my file is being requested & review will be done

Nov 10 2004 : Email & online status Approved

Nov 15 2004 : NOA 2 in mail

Dec 16 2004 : NVC assigns case number

Dec 20 2004 : NVC sent DS 3032 to beneficiary, copy of DS 3032 & I-864 fee bill to petitioner

Jan 3 2005 : Petitioner received copy of DS 3032 and I-864 fee bill. Post-marked Dec 23rd.

Jan 11 2005 : Beneficiary received DS 3032 in Indonesia

Jan 31 2005 : Sent DS 3032 to NVC

Feb 8, 2005 : NVC received DS 3032

Feb 21, 2005 : IV fee generated

Feb 25, 2005 : Sent I-864 fee bill

Feb 28, 2005 : I-864 fee bill delivered to St Louis

Mar 3, 2005 : IV fee bill received

Mar 7, 2005 : Sent IV fee bill

Mar 9, 2005 : IV fee bill delivered to St Louis

Mar 28, 2005 : I-864 fee credited against case.

April 6, 2005 : Received I-864 package

April 7, 2005 : Immigrant Visa fee credited against case.

April 11, 2005 : DS 230 is generated

Aug 12, 2005 : I-864 & DS 230 received by NVC

Sep 14, 2005 : RFE on I-864

Nov 3, 2005 : Checklist response received at NVC

Nov 25, 2005 : Case completion

Dec 9, 2005 : Police Cert requested from the Netherlands

Jan 12 2006 : Interview success - Approved !!

Jan 19 2006 : Visa & brown envelope picked up

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
I'm sure you are all having a better day gloating over the idea that she should be arrested for her evil ways...

My day is already great, TY. Hope your day improves because you seem like a great person who cares. When Elvira gets deported back to Mexico, (which she should unfortunately, not gloating about it, this is the law and she has obviously broke these laws more than once) I hope she can be as active in Mexico in the same spirit that she is advocating here in the US.

10Yr GC arrived 07/02/09 - Naturalization is next

The drama begins - again!

And now the drama ends - they took the Green card . . .

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
Why single out this one woman to jail and deport

Because she CHOSE to put herself in the spotlight and because she does not have a leg to stand on. When she received her first deportation order, she could have picked up and relocated to another state and stayed under the radar. She did not do that.

People *might* have a different view if she had entered the US once, never left and had built a life here. But if you consider how many times she broke the law and ignored deportation orders, and how she is using her child as a pawn, responses change.

What's so hard to grasp about that?

Edited by kitkat1

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

There's a whole story behind this that none of us will never know. To paint her with one brush over the other is a bit hasty. Given what I know about her, other than falsifying her ss#, it sounds to me like she wasn't going around and doing criminal activity, but actually working jobs.

no hate here... just conviction in my beliefs...

and why that one particular woman?? because she has already been convicted of more than one crime, so um... why NOT that woman? why should she be allowed to roam free but another person (citizen or not) who has been convicted of a crime shouldnt? she has chosen to make a public spectacle of herself... dont get your feathers in a ruffle when attention is actually paid to someone who chooses to draw attention to themselves

"True love is falling in love with your best friend,

and only then, will you find the meaning of happiness."

tony_1.gif

Somehow, this person has become symbolic of all the irritation you feel for illegal immigration. However, this one person is neither better nor worse than the hundres/thousands of others in the same situation.

Why do you feel that you should single her out then gang up together and feel better because you are all agreeing how terrible she is and how easy it would be to arrest her and send her packing?

I don't undestand the gang mentality though.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Can someone please explain the "sanctuary" part to me?

What is it about this "church" that makes it a "sanctuary"? And why is it more "dangerous"

for her to go outside?

Why can't the police just kick down the church doors and drag her off to jail? :wacko:

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

There's a whole story behind this that none of us will never know. To paint her with one brush over the other is a bit hasty. Given what I know about her, other than falsifying her ss#, it sounds to me like she wasn't going around and doing criminal activity, but actually working jobs.

um, other criminal activity would included crossing the border a second time after being deported and evading a second deportation

how many laws does someone need to break before its ok to actually enforce the penalty(ies) for breaking said laws?

tony_1.gif

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
However, this one person is neither better nor worse than the hundres/thousands of others in the same situation.

She's arguably worse than the rest because she is brazen in her contempt for the law.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Somehow, this person has become symbolic of all the irritation you feel for illegal immigration. However, this one person is neither better nor worse than the hundres/thousands of others in the same situation.

Why do you feel that you should single her out then gang up together and feel better because you are all agreeing how terrible she is and how easy it would be to arrest her and send her packing?

I don't undestand the gang mentality though.

see my previous reply

is it gang mentality because we agree with each other?

tony_1.gif