khengool

filing K3 before marriage

39 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

USCIS enacts immigration laws and therefore has provided different kinds of visas? I thought enactment of immigration law was Congress's doing... and issuance of visas are done by the Department of State... I learn something new each day.....

YMMV

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
USCIS enacts immigration laws and therefore has provided different kinds of visas? I thought enactment of immigration law was Congress's doing... and issuance of visas are done by the Department of State... I learn something new each day.....

Your sarcasm is noted but I don't recall seeing any reference to USCIS enacting laws. Would you be kind enough to provide a quote from the message to which you refer?

The OP's questions refer to USCIS petition requirements. Did you have something to add to the discussion?

Edited by pushbrk

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline
The answer is not going to change because you complained about it.

Very true. The trick is to get about 60 or so Senators, 265 or so Representatives, and support of the President. Once you get that, making changes should be easier!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

ok, whoa, maybe my old man is old fashioned or maybe he just does not want me to come to iran. I know he said his father won't even allow his married children to kiss in the house because it is rude......maybe all I said is just the way he was raised and not the "law" in his country. After reading of women having acid thrown in their faces for wearing too much makeup, I don't want to chance it.

The answer to the question is how long are you willing to wait and how important is getting married right away to you? Only you can answer these questions.

Remember the new fees for AOS include the bundled package now. It is EAD, AOS, and advance parole all included in the one $1,000 (about) package. So unless you really want to leave the US right after arriving or want to start working as soon as possible, it should not really make a difference.

Anyway you decide, good luck.

Timeline
The OP's questions refer to USCIS petition requirements. Did you have something to add to the discussion?

We all know when information is misstated, that it is an incredible value add.. and of course we all know that everything you add to the discussion in every one of your posts is always directly related to the OP's original post... If it isn't I am sure you will tell us....

YMMV

Timeline

We all know when information is misstated, that it is an incredible value add.. and of course we all know that everything you add to the discussion in every one of your posts is always directly related to the OP's original post... If it isn't I am sure you will tell us....

Again, please point us to the message you refer to, when you mention USCIS enacting laws. Did I miss it or were you simply misquoting something?

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
USCIS has not focused on catering to the whim and convenience of US Citizens but has provided a fiance(e) visa option and two marriage visa options. Take your choice. You asked a question and got an answer. It's a fact, not a spouse. The answer is not going to change because you complained about it.

The three visa options are not the brainchild of the USCIS. The three visa options are PROVIDED by law. Laws are enacted by Congress. USCIS is simply one of the many departments whose job it is to performs the wishes of Congress.

YMMV

Timeline
USCIS has not focused on catering to the whim and convenience of US Citizens but has provided a fiance(e) visa option and two marriage visa options. Take your choice. You asked a question and got an answer. It's a fact, not a spouse. The answer is not going to change because you complained about it.

The three visa options are not the brainchild of the USCIS. The three visa options are PROVIDED by law. Laws are enacted by Congress. USCIS is simply one of the many departments whose job it is to performs the wishes of Congress.

Again, the OP's questions refer to USCIS rules, not laws. Can you point to a law passed by Congress that requires the couple to be married before filing the petition? I don't think so. The law says the visa is for married people. The OP doesn't want the visa before they are married. She just wants the petition approved and ready to go. Just show the marriage certificate at the interview and get the visa. DOS can only issue a visa AFTER a petition is approved. Petitioning rules are the purvue of USCIS. Show me otherwise. Educate me. Otherwise, quit humping my cyberleg.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline

Again, the OP's questions refer to USCIS rules, not laws. Can you point to a law passed by Congress that requires the couple to be married before filing the petition? I don't think so. The law says the visa is for married people. The OP doesn't want the visa before they are married. She just wants the petition approved and ready to go. Just show the marriage certificate at the interview and get the visa. DOS can only issue a visa AFTER a petition is approved. Petitioning rules are the purvue of USCIS. Show me otherwise. Educate me. Otherwise, quit humping my cyberleg.

I have and you have chosen not to get it....

YMMV

Timeline

I have and you have chosen not to get it....

No, you have not. I suggest you take a reading for comprehension course. It might require a tranquilizer first or perhaps just humping something besides a cyberleg.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Filed: Country: Iran
Timeline
ok, whoa, maybe my old man is old fashioned or maybe he just does not want me to come to iran.

I know he said his father won't even allow his married children to kiss in the house because it is rude......

maybe all I said is just the way he was raised and not the "law" in his country.

After reading of women having acid thrown in their faces for wearing too much makeup, I don't want to chance it.

The first set of things you spoke of are most likely specific to his family. There are many Iranians who also find it rude when people kiss in the house in front of other people. It definitely has to do with how he was raised.

The second tidbit about the acid thrown on faces is really just propaganda. I visit Iran every year for a month to visit family and i have never seen nor heard of such a thing. Iranian women wear quite a bit of makeup (just like American women) and if they were getting sprayed with acid for doing so, 30% of the country would be disfigured by acid.

Filed: Country: Iran
Timeline
Ooh, may be I understand what khengool's problem is?

1) She wants to have a religious and legal wedding in Iran, so K1 is no use for her.

2) She wants to go to US very soon after marriage, so K3 as is is not convenient, as it would involve a long waiting period after marriage.

What can I say... yeah it is sad we can not always get what we want... especially when government rules are involved... but what can you do?... only complain and hope that some day immigration process will improve :blush:

Rika is right on the money.

...As for the gentleman who spoke of the single fiance option and two marriage options, it's that kind of "gung-ho I bleed red white and blue hoo-aah if you don't like the rules getdaheckouttahere cuz you don't know what kinda freedom ye got here" mentality that worries me the most as I consider bringing my fiance to the USA. I was born and raised in the United States, I grew up watching GIJoe, and I wanted to work for the US government as i was growing up. I speak perfect english, I got straight A's at top flight universities in each and every class that required me to make heavy use of spoken and written english, I played baseball as a kid, and if you had to pick me out of a crowd you'd think i was as white as wonderbread, but even so I feel alienated at times by people like you. Congrats! Mission Accomplished! :)

1) She wants to have a religious and legal wedding in Iran, so K1 is no use for her.

2) She wants to go to US very soon after marriage, so K3 as is is not convenient, as it would involve a long waiting period after marriage.

What can I say... yeah it is sad we can not always get what we want... especially when government rules are involved... but what can you do?... only complain and hope that some day immigration process will improve :blush:

...As for the gentleman who spoke of the single fiance option and two marriage options, it's that kind of "gung-ho I bleed red white and blue hoo-aah if you don't like the rules getdaheckouttahere cuz you don't know what kinda freedom ye got here" mentality that worries me the most as I consider bringing my fiance to the USA. I was born and raised in the United States, I grew up watching GIJoe, and I wanted to work for the US government as i was growing up. I speak perfect english, I got straight A's at top flight universities in each and every class that required me to make heavy use of spoken and written english, I played baseball as a kid, and if you had to pick me out of a crowd you'd think i was as white as wonderbread, but even so I feel alienated at times by people like you. Congrats! Mission Accomplished! :)

On second thought, Rika was almost right on the money. I am a man.

Edited by khengool

On second thought, Rika was almost right on the money. I am a man.

The only problem Rika mentions is the waiting time but you've said you have no problem with waiting.

My Crafting Blog - On a Roll - Blogspot

3179788211_95b93e62af_t.jpg3179788215_6a1e497e9b_t.jpg3165849344_f296789fd3_t.jpg

US Immigration Timeline

-------------------------

24 Feb 2007 - Sent I-130 to London USCIS office (I'm the petitioner)

25 May 2007 - NOA2

2 June 2007 - Received Packet 3

12 Oct 2007 - Sent Packet 3 back by special delivery

5 Nov 2007 - Interview in London - Approved without any hitches!

7 Nov 2007 - Visa and MBE arrived by SMS! :)

30 Jan 2008 - Fly to Michigan!! :)

*Note: Any delays in our case are only due to us taking things slowly

Timeline

You've read a lot more into what I wrote than was on the page. If you feel alienated, I assure you it is from an imagined source. I'm not a "should" person, so I don't tell others how they should feel or what they should do. None of my "feelings" were expressed by what I wrote. It was just straight talk. One option exists for fiance. Two exist for married people. The convenience you seek has not been addressed. Those are facts. I suggest you deal with them as facts, because complaining won't change them.

I'm with you. I don't like the limited options or the process but no amount of my complaining was going to change the process. So, I learned as much as I could about it and did everything I could think of to make our separation as short and pleasant as I was able. We were fortunate to have a relatively short process for a spouse from China. It was shorter than the timeline of many fiance visa couples. From the best I can tell, I can only take credit for not screwing things up but no credit for the short timeline.

Stick around for a while and you'll notice a lot of people here spending a lot of time (without compensation) helping others make their process as short as possible. It sounds like you'll be a beneficiary of some of that largess, so you might want to tone down the personal attacks on those here to help.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Dear Khengool,

I'd like to say how lucky you were to find this website, all of the information , and all of the members who have gone before us willing to answer any question. I didn't find out Visajourney until AFTER I filed my I-130's, and after just about 5 months now I'm still waiting and wondering whether my petitions will be approved. When I'm down I'll come to this website to get cheered up by talking to other members that have been waiting 6 months for a petition approval. Fill out your paperwork and fall in line like the rest of us because " the USCIS processes petitions in the order they receive them ".

I-130 Process

3-20-07 NOA 1

3-23-07 Touched

9-12-07 Touched ( because of phone call )

9-13-07 APPROVED

9-19-07 NOA 2

I-129f Process

4-06-07 NOA 1

4-09-07 Touched

4-17-07 Transferred to CSC

4-18-07 Touched

4-19-07 Touched

4-23-07 Hard copy transfer NOA

5-07-07 Pending at CSC

9-12-07 Touched ( because of phone call )

9-13-07 Touched

9-14-07 APPROVED

9-19-07 NOA 2

10-22-07 NVC received

10-24-07 NVC left

10-31-07 Consulate received

11-28-07 Medical

12-04-07 Interview

12-06-07 Visa pickup

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.