Jahan&Veena

London Medical - Knightsbridge Doctors

2,055 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

We rescheduled the medical for the 22nd.

You said your fiance would get a call on Friday the 25th (today) if there was actually a problem with the medical--did they call and/or tell you anything, seeing as how it's now 9 p.m. over there?

My understanding from the posters here AND from the KB site is that they will call you if they find a problem and to confirm if you failed the medical--or require further info/tests....just curious seeing as how you've been so worried about it.

Edited by paddington_bear

2/3/14 I-129F Mailed

6/16/14 Embassy Interview--Approved!!!!

7/11/14 Marriage :)

7/25/14 AOS + Work Authorization Mailed to Chicago Lockbox

7/31/14 NOA1--Electronic Notification

8/26/14 Biometrics Appointment--Indianapolis

9/18/14 EAD approved--Electronic Notification

2/15/15 Notice of Interview Waiver (and Case Delay due to heavy processing load)

5/5/15 RFE (Requested another certified copy of marriage license)

5/14/15 Submitted Materials for RFE

5/28/15 Greencard Approved/In Production!!!!!

My love is selfish. I cannot breathe without you. - Keats

What USCIS-es you only makes you stronger.....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

You said your fiance would get a call on Friday the 25th (today) if there was actually a problem with the medical--did they call and/or tell you anything, seeing as how it's now 9 p.m. over there?

My understanding from the posters here AND from the KB site is that they will call you if they find a problem and to confirm if you failed the medical--or require further info/tests....just curious seeing as how you've been so worried about it.

I fear you are going to reopen Pandora's box!

My blog about my visa journey and adjusting to my new life in the US http://albiontoamerica.wordpress.com/

Timeline

I fear you are going to reopen Pandora's box!

Hah! I know I worried about that too, but I have a fiance who is going to his medical shortly myself (he had only minor cases of depression, and has been off of meds for months, getting a letter from his treating doc, etc)--and this did what it was intended to do: scare the #### out of me. QueenofBlades has been kind in alleviating my anxieties, but I'm curious if the fiance in the case was actually referred to a psychiatric evaluation before being flat-out failed for the medical.

Sorry to stir a bad pot, people!

2/3/14 I-129F Mailed

2/15/15 Notice of Interview Waiver (and Case Delay due to heavy processing load)

Timeline

Hah! I know I worried about that too, but I have a fiance who is going to his medical shortly myself (he had only minor cases of depression, and has been off of meds for months, getting a letter from his treating doc, etc)--and this did what it was intended to do: scare the #### out of me. QueenofBlades has been kind in alleviating my anxieties, but I'm curious if the fiance in the case was actually referred to a psychiatric evaluation before being flat-out failed for the medical.

Sorry to stir a bad pot, people!

I've spoken in PM to several beneficiaries who have suffered from depression and have had medicals this year and have been fine with a doctors note. As Nich said they are not a typical couple at all and she is currently conspicuous by her absence. It's natural to be anxious about something like this that's why the thread she created was out of order and annoyed me! I have my medical in 6 days and I'm sure nothing will have changed from before, but wishing your fiance luck as I know anything with this process is capable of making us all nervous! :)

My blog about my visa journey and adjusting to my new life in the US http://albiontoamerica.wordpress.com/

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Glad to see the medical is gong so well for all of you. Even though my fiance is from the Philippines, I like to see what they do for medicals in other parts of the world since they are all supposed to follow the same technical instructions issued by the CDC.

If you are female and get a male doctor you are perfectly within your rights to ask for a female assistant. It by no means suggests that you are questioning the integrity of the doctor, and any doctor would know that.

The doctor is supposed to examine your genitals for signs of STDs, but most doctors figure it is unnecessary, so they do the quick peek just so they can check off the box on the form which says they looked. I don't see why anyone would misrepresent their gender on a visa petition since same sex marriage is legal for K-1 purposes. In the Philippines they are a little more thorough, I suppose because of heightened concern over STDs (and what may happen to the doctor's job if he misses one).

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

"I don't see why anyone would misrepresent their gender on a visa petition"

Well, for a very oppressed community (even and especially in the US), it wouldn't be considered "misrepresenting" their gender. I'm talking about Trans* people of course, who don't necessarily operate as "same-sex" couples. I wonder what legal and medical recourse these people have for this sort of government process. They deserve a more diverse way of filling out their gendered identity on these questionnaires.

I thought about that too, the forgotten people when the Supreme Court tossed DOMA into the trash can. And I really don't have an answer for, let's say a transgender to female who still has her ####### and #######. I wonder how such a person gets through all of this.

I think the point is to protect straight fiance's who may have be deceived by transgenders posing as the opposite sex from the person petitioning. . There are people who get fiancé visas who have met maybe once for a week and really don't know each other. Maybe not so much the norm in the UK, but certainly common in other parts of the world where VWP isn't available so visiting is often limited. Imagine the surprise when your shy bride reveals a ####### on the wedding night, then disappears and become another illegal alien. Or maybe (prior to this year) it was a way to get a gay partner over or even a same sex acquaintance who was paying to help pull off fraud. I guess you can have an altered birth certificate. Heck, you can get a greencard at the flea markets hear in Houston I hear. But a visual check would be hard to hide.

They often ask questions of the beneficiary to make sure they also know what they are getting into. "Has your fiancé ever been married?" or "how many kids does she have?" probably is to make sure you are aware you will be the 5th husband and Daddy to her eight kids. I think they try to protect both sides.

When my husband had the gender check (that is what the doctor called it), he asked "do you get many who are not the gender they say?". The doctor said, "you'd be surprised. A few a year."

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline

I think the point is to protect straight fiance's who may have be deceived by transgenders posing as the opposite sex from the person petitioning. . There are people who get fiancé visas who have met maybe once for a week and really don't know each other. Maybe not so much the norm in the UK, but certainly common in other parts of the world where VWP isn't available so visiting is often limited. Imagine the surprise when your shy bride reveals a ####### on the wedding night, then disappears and become another illegal alien. Or maybe (prior to this year) it was a way to get a gay partner over or even a same sex acquaintance who was paying to help pull off fraud. I guess you can have an altered birth certificate. Heck, you can get a greencard at the flea markets hear in Houston I hear. But a visual check would be hard to hide.

They often ask questions of the beneficiary to make sure they also know what they are getting into. "Has your fiancé ever been married?" or "how many kids does she have?" probably is to make sure you are aware you will be the 5th husband and Daddy to her eight kids. I think they try to protect both sides.

When my husband had the gender check (that is what the doctor called it), he asked "do you get many who are not the gender they say?". The doctor said, "you'd be surprised. A few a year."

I wouldn't suggest getting rid of the full body exam, per se; rather, the questionnaire itself needs more diverse ways of encompassing gendered and sexed identities to account for a growing population of "out" trans* people who deserve the same rights as us all. If the questionnaire allowed for such diversity, then when a doctor checks and has an informed discussion with the visa applicants, it still protects USCs from fraud, but it also protects trans* beneficiaries from having their motives for identifying as male, female, inter-sexed, or other questioned as nefarious.

I certainly agree with you that many people try to commit fraud--while representing yourself as another sex/gender is one way, there are of course many others. I think that in an ideal world (and why can't we fight for one?) there would be forms of gov't issued identification that allow for trans* people to be protected (passports, drivers licenses, ID cards, etc). Of course, that will hardly ever be a global occurrence. I just hope in the years to come, now that same-sex K1s and CR1s are allowed, that they move in that direction :)

AND of course, I hope they don't stigmatize my husband-to-be's mental health, and just are checking genuinely for any violent behavioral problems (of which he has none). I'll let you guys know how his medical goes sometime around mid may.....here's hoping we don't have a CH repeat, eh?

2/3/14 I-129F Mailed

Timeline

Imagine the surprise when your shy bride reveals a ####### on the wedding night, then disappears and become another illegal alien.

I'm trying not to actually!

I didn't realise there was a gender check, I thought the genital part was to look for signs of STD's, I learn something new every day on this site :)

Timeline

For the UK beneficiaries (like my fiance), who may be worried about the recent issues raised here with Knightsbridge and depression histories, I am happy to say that CorvusHeart has given me permission to tell you that her fiance passed the medical after all, after the doctor met with the panel.

Happily, this is in keeping with the trends that so many of our august and veteran VJ UK posters have suggested, so those with histories of depression and self harm, or those who are currently being treated, it looks like even the roughest medical still can go well.

(On a side note, hopefully this new information will let all sides in the recent conflict rest respectfully.)

I AM SO HAPPY TO HEAR THIS! Thanks everyone on VJ! More reports from KB to come, I'm sure :)

2/3/14 I-129F Mailed

For the UK beneficiaries (like my fiance), who may be worried about the recent issues raised here with Knightsbridge and depression histories, I am happy to say that CorvusHeart has given me permission to tell you that her fiance passed the medical after all, after the doctor met with the panel.

Happily, this is in keeping with the trends that so many of our august and veteran VJ UK posters have suggested, so those with histories of depression and self harm, or those who are currently being treated, it looks like even the roughest medical still can go well.

(On a side note, hopefully this new information will let all sides in the recent conflict rest respectfully.)

I AM SO HAPPY TO HEAR THIS! Thanks everyone on VJ! More reports from KB to come, I'm sure :)

This is after her idiot lawyer told her to withdraw her petition otherwise he won't be able to visit her anymore. The same lawyer who got her an RFE. I'm glad she listened to my advice to wait and not do anything drastic until she had the facts.

This is why you shouldn't panic and make assumptions in this process until you have proof.

AOS posted - 02/18/2014

NOA1 - 03/04/2014
Biometrics - 03/28/2014
EAD in post - 5/5/2014

EAD in hand - 5/10/2014
Interview waiver letter received - 6/9/2014

Card production notice - 1/10/2015

ROC mailed - 10/11/2016

ROC received at CSC - 10/18/2016

Interview Notice Received - 3/30/2017

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

***** several posts removed for being off-topic *****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

Random question... is the Bendinck Mansions place easy to find at street level? Did a search on Google Street View and couldn't find any signage for the medical place!

Timeline

Yes it is very easy to find. I can't remember exactly, but it is a couple of blocks off oxford street, just figure out where you need to turn, and bring maps with road names zoomed to help.

K1 AOS:

May 22nd: Sent away AOS package Day 1

May 27th: Notification via text/email confirming receiving package. Day 5

May 29th: NOA's recieved on 29th May Day 7

June 2nd: Biometrics appointment for June 16th arrives. Day 11

June 16th: Successful Biometrics. Day 24

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.