Jahan&Veena

London Medical - Knightsbridge Doctors

2,055 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline

A week old question, but I haven't been here.

It is readily available in the US, so yes you will get one and pay a civil surgeon to put it and your other shots all on one new form, the I-693.

For immigrant visas like the CR1 who do not do AOS, "not readily available" allows a waiver. They will get a greencard upon entry to the US, so they must pass muster by the visa Interview. If they can't get a shot in their home country, the requirement is waived.

A K1 has time in the US to comply with requirements before they submit AOS application. So that waiver won't fly for you.

Thanks, I appreciate you taking the time to answer.

In the meantime I had a serum test for varicella antibodies and it came up positive, so that confirms I've had it. I should have argued with the doctor more, but she had already filled it out and was convinced I wouldn't need anything else. Do you think a civil surgeon would accept an officially translated report? Or is there a way to just slip it in with my medical report since I haven't had my interview yet?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I have my medical tomorrow. Nervous for sure.

Good luck! I'm nervous too but plenty of people have said it's not that bad! Let us know how it goes :)

My blog about my visa journey and adjusting to my new life in the US http://albiontoamerica.wordpress.com/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Good luck! I'm nervous too but plenty of people have said it's not that bad! Let us know how it goes :)

Thank you.

I am hopefully worrying over nothing. I have all my documents, a clean police record, a4 page immunization record, & I'm 26 and healthy.

But I wouldn't be me if I didn't worry...

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Good luck with your medical tomorrow! My husband and I had our last week.

Unfortunately my report was stopped when the Dr wanted more info about a hospital stay ten years ago for viral meningitis. I wasn't expecting that to be a problem and getting the required information out of my GP was not easy, especially as I was with a different Dr at the time and the hardcopy file had to be dug out. There is a 40 working day (ie 2 months!) time frame on getting your medical records which obviously wasn't going to work. Two Dr appointments and a sit in at the surgery eventually got me a letter from my GP with the information by 7pm Friday night. I took the letter over to Knightsbridge Doctors this morning and spoke to them this afternoon where my report has been approved by the Dr, but has gone to a panel of physicians to decide if it will be sent onto the Embassy. Fingers crossed that they approve it, I will find out tomorrow if it has been sent. Nail biting!!

Timeline

So I'm on my way back from the medical as I type this, which hopefully you find useful...

I was travelling down from Scotland, so I got the train (not the cheapest, but on a Monday morning one of the only options) & it took me to London Euston. From there, the doctors is about a 25/30 minute walk (it's about 1.5 miles, turn right out the station until you get to Portland street station, follow that for a few hundred yards and make a right past some embassies, & your practically there. I've simplified it, but it's about right)

My appointment was at 1:10, but due to my train I turned up just after 12. I was told I wouldn't be able to be seen any earlier, but I was happy waiting in their generic waiting room. About 40 minutes past and I was called to reception to hand over my documents, and fill in another questionnaire (a very similar form to what you already filled out prior).

I sat back down for 5 minutes and then I was called by a nurse to discuss my immunization record. Unfortunately, I required a tetanus shot as mine was out of date. The nurse presented me with 3 options:

- get it done there and the

- get it done by my own GP (which she said would not delay them sending anything off to the embassy)

- get it done in the USA when I'm filing for AOS.

I chose the first option. Yes it cost me £35 but it gave me peace of mind that it was done.

The nurse was very pleasant, and she asked me how I was finding the process ('stressful' I said, to which she replied 'I hear that a lot, there seems to be a long time before you hear anything isn't there') she also told me to fill out my 'readiness for interview' form now if I hadn't already done so.

After that I was back in my seat for 5 minutes before I was called for a my chest x-ray by another nice man. The chest X-ray puts you in a funny position, but 5 minutes later and I was done.

I the went straight through to the doctor (who was nice, but to the point) she started by asking me a few questions, the usual, although she asked about drug use (to which I replied no, I've never smoked anything in my life) and the asked 'even once in a party environment' (again no) I guess she was just doing her job. I'm 26 so not sure if that had anything to do with it

After that it was a quick eye test, a look in my ears and feel of my throat glands, feel my heart beat, pulse etc, and then she asked me to pull down my pants and cough (all done very professionally) Finally she took some blood, (to test for syphllis) and that was it finished.

She saw me to reception where the receptionist told me they only contact you if there's an issue, otherwise my packet would be sent to the embassy by Thursday.

I left the medical at 1:30. I was told it would be 90 minutes, but mine was only about 45 minutes.

All in all a pretty pain free experience. A long day of travelling to and from London, but it was very worthwhile to know that that's one more step closer to being with Kari.

I hope you found that helpful.

So I'm on my way back from the medical as I type this, which hopefully you find useful...

I was travelling down from Scotland, so I got the train (not the cheapest, but on a Monday morning one of the only options) & it took me to London Euston. From there, the doctors is about a 25/30 minute walk (it's about 1.5 miles, turn right out the station until you get to Portland street station, follow that for a few hundred yards and make a right past some embassies, & your practically there. I've simplified it, but it's about right)

My appointment was at 1:10, but due to my train I turned up just after 12. I was told I wouldn't be able to be seen any earlier, but I was happy waiting in their generic waiting room. About 40 minutes past and I was called to reception to hand over my documents, and fill in another questionnaire (a very similar form to what you already filled out prior).

I sat back down for 5 minutes and then I was called by a nurse to discuss my immunization record. Unfortunately, I required a tetanus shot as mine was out of date. The nurse presented me with 3 options:

- get it done by my own GP (which she said would not delay them sending anything off to the embassy)

I chose the first option. Yes it cost me £35 but it gave me peace of mind that it was done.

The nurse was very pleasant, and she asked me how I was finding the process ('stressful' I said, to which she replied 'I hear that a lot, there seems to be a long time before you hear anything isn't there') she also told me to fill out my 'readiness for interview' form now if I hadn't already done so.

After that I was back in my seat for 5 minutes before I was called for a my chest x-ray by another nice man. The chest X-ray puts you in a funny position, but 5 minutes later and I was done.

I the went straight through to the doctor (who was nice, but to the point) she started by asking me a few questions, the usual, although she asked about drug use (to which I replied no, I've never smoked anything in my life) and the asked 'even once in a party environment' (again no) I guess she was just doing her job. I'm 26 so not sure if that had anything to do with it

After that it was a quick eye test, a look in my ears and feel of my throat glands, feel my heart beat, pulse etc, and then she asked me to pull down my pants and cough (all done very professionally) Finally she took some blood, (to test for syphllis) and that was it finished.

She saw me to reception where the receptionist told me they only contact you if there's an issue, otherwise my packet would be sent to the embassy by Thursday.

I left the medical at 1:30. I was told it would be 90 minutes, but mine was only about 45 minutes.

All in all a pretty pain free experience. A long day of travelling to and from London, but it was very worthwhile to know that that's one more step closer to being with Kari.

Timeline

Thank you, I feel more reassured after reading that, glad it wasn't too bad for you! :)

My blog about my visa journey and adjusting to my new life in the US http://albiontoamerica.wordpress.com/

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Medical booked for May 1st! The questionnaire they refer to is just the one page one on the embassy website right?

I've had my medical so thought would be helpful to post:

I called on a Friday to request an appointment and since I'm in London and am quite flexible with work, I was able to get one on the Monday. I had to go to Bentnick Mansions near Bond Street tube.

I arrived about a half hour early. I can't help it, I am ALWAYS early. They asked me to wait in reception and come back 5 mins before my appointment time. When the time rolled around, I went up to the window, handed over my stuff- UK police certificate, Passport, UK photo, questionnaire and immunisation records (these I got from my university and I had an updated tetanus from Dr).

They gave me another questionnaire to fill out, (the official US office one), which I did and handed back to them.

About a 5 min wait a very friendly guy came and called me for my chest x-ray. Very quick and painless. Had to wear a gown which I was told to keep on until I saw the doctor. When x-ray was done went to a smaller waiting room. Waited there for about 10-15mins.

Doctor asked me questions about the questionnaire, checked my lymphnodes (all of them), eyes, ears, reflexes, chest, weight and height. Took my blood pressure and did a blood test.

I didn’t have to see the nurse as my vaccinations were up to date.

Relatively quick and painless.

Lauza

Medical booked for May 1st! The questionnaire they refer to is just the one page one on the embassy website right?

Yes, and then when you get there they give you another similar one to do anyway

Timeline

Yes, and then when you get there they give you another similar one to do anyway

Thanks, 8 days to go and feeling apprehensive now lol

Timeline

Thanks, 8 days to go and feeling apprehensive now lol

its straightforward, don't worry. I had mine last thursday, and it was ok.

Went in for the Chest X-ray first. If you wear any neck jewellery you will have to remove it - so if it is difficult to remove quickly, best to leave it at home! It only took 30 seconds for the X-ray, breathe in - breathe out - get dressed.

back in the waiting room, and then i went to see the nurse. Needed two jabs, MMR booster and Tdap / dtap (can't remember which way around it is!). All done very quickly. she will mark your vaccination form (ds3025 / 1-693) as incomplete, but don't worry - that is for everyone (because tetanus needs to be done every ten years). She was sound, and it was really quick too. Will ask about chicken pox and maybe allergies too.

Back to waiting room again, then into see the doctor.

the doctor went through the questionaire they give you to fill in when you arrive. straightforward enough. then a height and weight thing, and then the eye test. If you wear glasses bring them along! Then, sit on the bed, doctors does a blood test and takes your blood pressure. Checks your chest and back with stethoscope, and then pants down - checks your privates, hernia and presses your stomach. Finally, gets you to sign the picture you provided and you are done.

You leave the room and pretty much go straight to reception desk to pay, and you are out. They will tell you when your results should be passed to embassy, and that if you do not hear from them then everything is good (usually within 3-4 working days).

very professional staff, and friendly too. fee was high, but it is the same for everyone.

good luck, and i hope this review helped!

Spoiler

K1 Journey:
2nd Jan 2014: I-129F Package Sent to USCIS (TSC)
8th Jan 2014: Check Cashed
13th Jan 2014: NOA1 (Hard Copy)
13th Jan 2014: Alien Registration Number Changed
28th Feb 2014: NOA2 (Online)
6th Mar 2014: NOA2 (Hard Copy)
11th Mar 2014: Sent to NVC
31st Mar 2014: Received at London Embassy
3rd Apr 2014: Packet 3 received
8th Apr 2014: Packet 3 sent
17th Apr 2014: Medical / 24th Apr 2014: Medical Sent to Embassy / 25th Apr 2014: Medical Logged by Embassy
30th Apr 2014: Interview Letter Received
19th May 2014: Interview (Approved)
21st May 2014: Visa Issued / 27th May 2014: Visa in Hand
16th June 2014: POE Chicago
30th Jun: Wedding!
25th Jul: AOS / EAD / AP Sent
15th Aug: Check Cashed
19th Aug: NOA1 Hard Copies Received (I-485, I-131, I-765)
29th Aug: Biometrics Letter Received 12th Sep: Biometrics Completed
20th Sep: NOA2 - EAD/AP Approved
22nd Sep: AOS moved to 'Testing and Interview'
25th Sep: EAD/AP Mailed & Tracking Number Provided (at 8.30pm)
27th Sep: EAD/AP Card Received in Mail
11th Nov: Interview Letter Received
17th Dec: Interview - APPROVED
17th Dec: Card in Production
17th Dec: Welcome Letter Mailed / 22nd Dec: Welcome Letter Received / 26th Dec: Green Card Received

16th Sep 2016: ROC Package Mailed to VSC

19 Sep: NOA 1 (Received in mail on 24 Sep)

21 Sep: Check Cashed

06 Oct: Biometrics Letter Received

18 Oct: Biometrics Appt

24 Aug 2017: I-751 Approved

28 Aug: Approval Letter Received

8 Sep: Card in Production

13 Sep: Card Mailed / 15 Sep: Card Received 

18 Sep: N-400 Sent via Mail to Dallas, TX / 20 Sep: NOA 1 / 21 Sep: Payment Cashed / 28 Sep: NOA 1 in Mail

6 Oct: Letter for Biometrics Received / 16 Oct: Biometrics Appt

Knightsbridge is A JOKE. The staff there is horrible, mean, and very unprofessional. The practice has gone downhill. These doctors have hearts of ice.

- I am the US Sponsor-

Removal of Conditions (pending)

NOA1 - 2/27/2017

Biometrics - 3/22/2017

Citizenship

NOA1 - 3/19/2018

pokemon-signature-278b875.jpg

If you've ever had depression or self-harm in the past even with a doctors note Knightsbridge will give you hell.

- I am the US Sponsor-

Removal of Conditions (pending)

NOA1 - 2/27/2017

Biometrics - 3/22/2017

Citizenship

NOA1 - 3/19/2018

pokemon-signature-278b875.jpg

Timeline

Knightsbridge is A JOKE. The staff there is horrible, mean, and very unprofessional. The practice has gone downhill. These doctors have hearts of ice.

If you've ever had depression or self-harm in the past even with a doctors note Knightsbridge will give you hell.

Weren't your other two threads on this enough? I know someone who went through Knightsbridge a month ago with a past history of depression and the doctors note was all they needed. Please stop trying to scare other people that depression in the past will get them denied as it won't.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.