Jahan&Veena

London Medical - Knightsbridge Doctors

2,055 posts in this topic

Quick question guys, does anyone know if they usually take your blood pressure before or after any outstanding vaccinations? I think my BP would be significantly lower if I knew the injections were out of the way. I have a phobia of needles! Do any of them hurt??

I think the order varies a little. I had BP before vaccinations, but you have a blood-draw during the physical anyway, so it may make no difference. If you are nervous of needles, just say so - and no, they shouldn't hurt. :)

* I-130/CR-1 visa by Direct Consular Filing in London
3rd May 2013 - Married in London

7th May 2013 - I-130 filed
4th June 2013 - NOA2 (approved)
16th July 2013 - Interview (approved)
30th July 2013 - POE San Francisco
29th August 2013 - 2 year green card arrived

* How? Read my DCF London I-130 for CR1/IR1 Spouse Guide

* Removal of Conditions (RoC) via California Service Centre
1st May 2015 - 90 day RoC window opened
6th May 2015 - I-751 filed (delivered 8th May, cheque cashed 18th May)
7th August 2015 - Approved / GC production

27th August 2015 - 10 year green card arrived

* Naturalisation (Citizenship) via Phoenix Lockbox

* San Francisco Field Office:
1st May 2016 - N-400 window opened
20th August 2016 - N-400 filed

26th August 2016 - NOA1
13th September 2016 - Biometrics

12th January 2017 - Biometrics (again)
30th May 2017 - Interview (approved)
7th June 2017 - Oath

Hi all

I just got off the phone with knightsbridge to clarify what document I need to bring to my medical next week as opposed to an appointment letter from the embassy as my case is still waiting completion at NVC. She seemed confused as to how I had made a booking without an interview date at first and then after going away to speak to someone else said thats fine just bring along an email from NVC with my case number on it.

This has got me a bit worried... Am I having my medical too soon? Do I need to wait to get an interview date first? I'm worried that they will send my results to the embassy and they will have no idea who I am and throw them away or something. But I have seen many examples of people having their medical before their case is complete at NVC, so I'm hopeful I am having it at the right time.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by TYorke1

Hi all

I just got off the phone with knightsbridge to clarify what document I need to bring to my medical next week as opposed to an appointment letter from the embassy as my case is still waiting completion at NVC. She seemed confused as to how I had made a booking without an interview date at first and then after going away to speak to someone else said thats fine just bring along an email from NVC with my case number on it.

This has got me a bit worried... Am I having my medical too soon? Do I need to wait to get an interview date first? I'm worried that they will send my results to the embassy and they will have no idea who I am and throw them away or something. But I have seen many examples of people having their medical before their case is complete at NVC, so I'm hopeful I am having it at the right time.

Thanks in advance.

As a Cr1 processing at NVC, you are supposed to be case complete and have an interview assigned by NVC before going to the medical. That's why she was confused. But she let you in so go. It won't speed up your Interview date so not really getting you ahead, but something out of the way. Your visa expiration date will be 6 months from the medical date so you will have a shorter time than most to use it once it is issued.

But you may not need to dally around long after the visa comes. A few people have to give work notice or have other reasons why they don't travel immediately.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

As a Cr1 processing at NVC, you are supposed to be case complete and have an interview assigned by NVC before going to the medical. That's why she was confused. But she let you in so go. It won't speed up your Interview date so not really getting you ahead, but something out of the way. Your visa expiration date will be 6 months from the medical date so you will have a shorter time than most to use it once it is issued.

But you may not need to dally around long after the visa comes. A few people have to give work notice or have other reasons why they don't travel immediately.

Thanks for the reply!

If I go ahead and have the medical next week without having case complete at NVC could that be a problem when it comes to the interview? I am worried that they may misplace my results as when they are received at the Embassy they may not have anything to match them together with as they will not have my files from NVC.

I am not fussed at all about the time frame as I am looking to move to the States asap and I'm pretty much ready to go.

If it isnt going to be a problem in terms of files being received and matched with my case at the Embassy then I'm happy to go ahead and have it next week.

I'm sure I've seen accounts where people have completed the medical before NVC case complete date on British Expats

Thanks

So guys, does anyone know if it is ok to have your medical before your case is complete at NVC? I am booked in next week and really want to get it out of the way but I'm worried that my results will get lost as there will be no case for me yet at the Embassy. I know the results will arrive there its just that they might not know where to put them as I don't have a file there yet. My case isn't likely to be completed at NVC for another month or so.

I'm happy to go next week, I just don't want my results to get lost.

Cheers all

I guess it's possible for them to get lost, but it's likely they have a place to put things that are unmatched. They don't likely throw medical results willy nilly into a corner.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Hey guys, just a quick question. I understand, there are several doctors around London that are USCIS approved, right? My question is about the cost of the medical for spousal visa, and does this cost vary from place to place?

Hey guys, just a quick question. I understand, there are several doctors around London that are USCIS approved, right? My question is about the cost of the medical for spousal visa, and does this cost vary from place to place?

There is one place only.

While this http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/474161-london-k1-a-complete-guide/?p=6741228 link is a K1guide, it contains all the info and links about the medical which you can use to get information.

What doesn't apply to you is

scheduling...you wait until you have an Interview scheduled by NVC before making an appointment

Immunization...you have to be complete by Interview since you don't do adjustment of status AOS.

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

There is one place only.

While this http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/474161-london-k1-a-complete-guide/?p=6741228 link is a K1guide, it contains all the info and links about the medical which you can use to get information.

What doesn't apply to you is

scheduling...you wait until you have an Interview scheduled by NVC before making an appointment

Immunization...you have to be complete by Interview since you don't do adjustment of status AOS.

Just one? I actually just read on travel.state.gov, that there are two places. Anyway, good to know. Thanks for the info.

Just one? I actually just read on travel.state.gov, that there are two places. Anyway, good to know. Thanks for the info.

The same clinic has two locations, but only one location does the visa medicals. If the x-ray machine breaks down, they may send you to the Basil St. location but the prices are the same.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

The same clinic has two locations, but only one location does the visa medicals. If the x-ray machine breaks down, they may send you to the Basil St. location but the prices are the same.

I've looked at the info provided in the link you gave me. Wow! 235 quid for a medical exam? Only 110 if you're under 14? It's ridiculous to think that a 15 yr old has to pay (his/hers parents most likely) double that. This 235 quid is a lot of money when adding everything together...because you basically have to shell this out within the 90 or so days of filing.

I've looked at the info provided in the link you gave me. Wow! 235 quid for a medical exam? Only 110 if you're under 14? It's ridiculous to think that a 15 yr old has to pay (his/hers parents most likely) double that. This 235 quid is a lot of money when adding everything together...because you basically have to shell this out within the 90 or so days of filing.

Not sure what 90 days you mean. You pay along the way as you move from USCIS to NVC to London and beyond.

Adding it all together---

CR1 route

$420 (USCIS) I-130 petition

$230 (National Visa Center) Visa fee

$88 (National Visa Center) Affidavit of Support Review fee

£45 ACPO Police certificate

£235 (Knightsbridge Doctors) medical exam

$30 Courier fee if home delivery, $0 to pick up at a depot

$165.00 (USCIS) Immigrant Fee via the Department of State's website - https://ceac.state.gov/IV/Login.aspx

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Not sure what 90 days you mean. You pay along the way as you move from USCIS to NVC to London and beyond.

CR1 route

$165.00 (USCIS) Immigrant Fee via the Department of State's website - https://ceac.state.gov/IV/Login.aspx

Is that (relatively) new? Just curious, as I'm sure I don't remember that bit in '08! no0pb.gif

Naturalization Timeline:

Event

Service Center : Phoenix AZ Lockbox

CIS Office : Saint Louis MO

Date Filed : 2014-06-11

NOA Date : 2014-06-16

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Oath Ceremony :

Comments :

Is that (relatively) new? Just curious, as I'm sure I don't remember that bit in '08! no0pb.gif

Daymo, it is fairly new, but you did a different process before. There's a lot you won't remember because you didn't do a spouse visa before. Here's the K1 version for cost comparisons and where fees are paid.

K1 London route

$340 (USCIS) I-129F petition

£45 (ACPO) Police certificate just before petition approval

£235 (Knightsbridge Doctors) medical exam. Pay at exam.

$240 (Embassy) Visa fee prior to interview. Online pay.

$30 Courier fee if home delivery, $0 to pick up at a depot. Online.

$1070 (USCIS) Adjustment of Status/Work Authorization/Advance Parole

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

CR1 route

What I meant by the +90 day period was the fact it takes around that long for the CR1 to be processed via DCF in London. So just as I said earlier, all this cost will be incurred by me within that period.

It was my understanding that the Immigrant fee was payable on the day of the interview, before the interview can commence.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.