Jahan&Veena

London Medical - Knightsbridge Doctors

2,055 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Haha, yeah I figured as much. Think the fiance wants me to reschedule just to be on the safe side. £95 to avoid a year ban is ok with me. Mad as hell right now though. Just want this stuff to be over. ClockWatch2.gif

Blood Test is for syphilis.

Although I would probably take a shower, and wear different clothes :)

K1 AOS:

May 22nd: Sent away AOS package Day 1

May 27th: Notification via text/email confirming receiving package. Day 5

May 29th: NOA's recieved on 29th May Day 7

June 2nd: Biometrics appointment for June 16th arrives. Day 11

June 16th: Successful Biometrics. Day 24

So, some stupid ###### happened today. I was talking to the mother of my sisters boyfriend today in her home asking if she would want to buy my PC after I receive my visa and then her daughter walks in and starts smoking weed infront of us. The medical is tomorrow and I'm kind of freaking out incase it shows up in my blood test.

I have never done drugs and did a good job of avoiding them until this happened today. Should I just reschedule my medical?

The chances of anything showing up because of passive smoke is almost zero, anyway.

There was a thread in one of the other sections a few weeks back of some guy failing his medical because of showing up positive for weed and he was adamant that it was because of passive smoking - he'd never do that etc. etc. "it was his friends smoking around him in a car, honest guv'nor" type stuff. I did a bunch of reading that day of scientific papers on the topic and I'm pretty confident he was BSing everyone. :)

* I-130/CR-1 visa by Direct Consular Filing in London
3rd May 2013 - Married in London

7th May 2013 - I-130 filed
4th June 2013 - NOA2 (approved)
16th July 2013 - Interview (approved)
30th July 2013 - POE San Francisco
29th August 2013 - 2 year green card arrived

* How? Read my DCF London I-130 for CR1/IR1 Spouse Guide

* Removal of Conditions (RoC) via California Service Centre
1st May 2015 - 90 day RoC window opened
6th May 2015 - I-751 filed (delivered 8th May, cheque cashed 18th May)
7th August 2015 - Approved / GC production

27th August 2015 - 10 year green card arrived

* Naturalisation (Citizenship) via Phoenix Lockbox

* San Francisco Field Office:
1st May 2016 - N-400 window opened
20th August 2016 - N-400 filed

26th August 2016 - NOA1
13th September 2016 - Biometrics

12th January 2017 - Biometrics (again)
30th May 2017 - Interview (approved)
7th June 2017 - Oath

Timeline

Blood Test is for syphilis.

Although I would probably take a shower, and wear different clothes smile.png

Yeah, girlfriend wanted me to err on the side of caution though so it's already been cancelled and rescheduled.

The chances of anything showing up because of passive smoke is almost zero, anyway.

There was a thread in one of the other sections a few weeks back of some guy failing his medical because of showing up positive for weed and he was adamant that it was because of passive smoking - he'd never do that etc. etc. "it was his friends smoking around him in a car, honest guv'nor" type stuff. I did a bunch of reading that day of scientific papers on the topic and I'm pretty confident he was BSing everyone. smile.png

Yeah I figured as much but it's already been rescheduled. 2-3 more weeks of waiting isn't going to kill us I guess. We're both pretty pessimistic and I have some anxiety issues, so we decided it was better to be safe than take any chances, no matter how minute. I also felt like if by some miracle it did show up and I said "I didn't smoke it I swear!" would be kind of laughable, I'm sure they've heard that excuse a lot. Relegating myself to sitting in the house for 3 weeks!

Thanks for the responses though guys. :)

It's a shame you worried. It's not possible to get a positive THC drugs hit from passive smoking, regardless of the volume of exposure.

Good luck for the re-scheduled appoinment

Spoiler

K1

15 November 2013: Sent I-129F Package 

21 November 2013: NOA1 

20 December 2013: NOA2

23 January 2014: Medical (London)

11 April 2014: Interview - Approved!

29 April 2014: POE Chicago

20 June 2014: Married in DC

AOS

7 July 2014: Mailed AOSEAD & AP forms via USPS

14 July 2014: NOA1 Text & E-Mails (x3) received at 23:52hrs (Received Date: 07/11/2014)

14 July 2014: Cheque cashed & I-485 transferred to Nebraska Service Centre

18 July 2014: NOA1 hardcopy received (x3)

22 July 2014: Biometrics Letter rec'd (Appointment 07/31/2014)

23 July 2014: Early Biometrics walk-in at Cincinnati office successful!

05 September 2014: EAD & AP approved! (texts rec'd 16:45hrs)

11 September 2014: EAD/AP card mailed

12 September 2014: EAD/AP card in hand (delivered 9:54am)

18 October 2014: Potential interview waiver letter rec'd (Dated: 10/15/2014)

19 May 2015: I-485 approved! (No interview) Welcome letter mailed!

23 May 2015: I-797 (NOA2) Welcome notice received

27 May 2015: Green card received

ROC

ROC filing window opens 18 February 2017

16 February 2017: ROC packet mailed to CSC

18 February 2017: USPS Tracking - Ready for collection from PO Box

25 February 2017: NOA1 received dated 02/21/2017

03 March 2017: Received biometrics appointment letter dated 25th February 2017. Appointment on 16 March 2017.

16 March 2017: Biometrics completed

08 March 2018: Case (allegedly) transferred to the National Benefits Center (presumably for a combo interview)

04 April 2019: ROC approved (as part of N-400 combo interview)

N-400

18 February 2018: N-400 Application submitted online

21 February 2018: NOA1 Rreceived

23 February 2018: Biometrics appointment letter received. Appointment 13 March 2018. 

27 April 2018: Interview notice received. Interview Date: June 5, 2018. Request to reschedule sent as out of the country at that time.

04 April 2019: Attended interview ... PASSED!

11 April 2019: Oath ceremony

Timeline

We're both pretty pessimistic and I have some anxiety issues, so we decided it was better to be safe than take any chances, no matter how minute.

If you are anxious, I know of this herb that might be able to help you relax..... (too soon?)

In all seriousness, I also have some pretty horrible anxiety issues, I actually didn't pass my medical on the day because of them, (my blood pressure was through the roof, for no other reason than I get anxious around doctors, and when I need something to go my way), I had to get a 24 hour blood pressure test to ensure I was "normal".

I know from experience, that it is much easier said than done, but you really do need to calm down and relax about the whole process, worrying and getting stressed isn't going to help you. I would even call back up and see if they still have the appointment you cancelled.

I literally went 2 weeks ago, and all she said was "have you ever taken drugs, or are you a drug user" I said "no", and she moved on to the next question on the survey. She told me the blood test is for syphillis only. Then you get your blood drawn, she has a quick poke, and peak downstairs, you get an xray, see the nurse about vaccinations, they give you a form and you leave. Thinking, what the hell was I so scared about.

Feel free to keep talking on this forum, or even private message if you want. I know before my medical, I had so many stupid questions, that I just needed someone to reassure me everything would be ok, and that I am making a big fuss out of nothing.

Everything is going to be ok. You are making a big fuss about nothing. Relax :)

K1 AOS:

May 22nd: Sent away AOS package Day 1

May 27th: Notification via text/email confirming receiving package. Day 5

May 29th: NOA's recieved on 29th May Day 7

June 2nd: Biometrics appointment for June 16th arrives. Day 11

June 16th: Successful Biometrics. Day 24

Timeline

If you are anxious, I know of this herb that might be able to help you relax..... (too soon?)

Definitely not too soon, made me and the fianceé laugh.

The appointment is gone at this point, the flight and medical have both been cancelled and rescheduled for the 26th. I'm fine with the medical stuff tbh it's just this stupid weed stuff that made me freak out and cancel it haha. Though since you brought it up I figure I'll probably require the 24 hour blood pressure test. When I switched to a new dentist they tried to take my blood pressure and it was sky high because I'm terrified of dentists. Didn't help that I was shaking like a leaf either because my adrenaline started going... sad part is it was just to get them scaled/polished lol.

Only real question I have about the medical at this point is I read the K1 London sticky and in the vaccine section it mentions to get TD or Tdap. When I was asking my nurse about the pertussis part of it she seemed really confused about it and just gave me MMR, Typhoid/Diphtheria/Polio, Hep A, Typhoid. I was going to get the flu vaccine at the medical tomorrow but since I'm not going now... Gonna start bugging my doctor for it since I have a few weeks to burn. Once I have that am I good on vaccines or do I have to find one with pertussis still?

Typhoid?

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline

Typhoid?

Meant Tetanus. :D My bad, I got a bunch of them done because they lost my records. Typhoid was one of them. :) Just confused if I need TD and TDap or if I'm fine with what I have.

Meant Tetanus. :D My bad, I got a bunch of them done because they lost my records. Typhoid was one of them. :) Just confused if I need TD and TDap or if I'm fine with what I have.

Can't say without seeing the sheet and dates. You might say typhoid when they wrote something different. I wrote about the shot specifics in the K1 guide. Your shots are the same, but you must get finished by medical exam, where K1s can wait until AOS and pay a doctor in the US to fill out a new sheet.

See the first post here for the shot list and descriptions http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/474161-london-k1-a-complete-guide/

You didn't need Hep A unless you aren't 19 yet. And you don't need typhoid.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline

Can't say without seeing the sheet and dates. You might say typhoid when they wrote something different. I wrote about the shot specifics in the K1 guide. Your shots are the same, but you must get finished by medical exam, where K1s can wait until AOS and pay a doctor in the US to fill out a new sheet.

See the first post here for the shot list and descriptions http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/474161-london-k1-a-complete-guide/

You didn't need Hep A unless you aren't 19 yet. And you don't need typhoid.

25/09/2013 MMR booster

16/05/2013 Hep A / Typhoid ( I know I don't need this, just listing it for completions sake.

16/05/2013 Low dose Diptheria, Tetanus and inactivated Polio vaccination.

Sometime soon I'll get a flu shot.

Had chicken pox as a child so I don't require Varicella.

The Diptheria, Tetanus and Polio vaccines is what I'm interested in. In your sticky you said "Td or Tdap - Tetanus/diptheria/pertussis or get DT, DTP or DtaP and it will be accepted for AOS also."

Now obviously the vaccine I received doesn't include pertussis it has polio instead. But it does have Diphtheria and Tetanus. So is this vaccine good enough or will I end up having to pay at the medical for the one that includes Pertussis? The nurse that did my shots seemed confused when I brought up Pertussis shots, apparently she's only gave it to pregnant women.

And at this point i should go to bed... 3:21am haha, night.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Wales
Timeline

I had the same vaccine. For me, they ticked that I had the TD vaccine (covering tetanus and diphtheria) and the IPV vaccine which covered the polio vaccine. This meant that each box had something ticked which seemed to satisfy them.

Timeline

I had the same vaccine. For me, they ticked that I had the TD vaccine (covering tetanus and diphtheria) and the IPV vaccine which covered the polio vaccine. This meant that each box had something ticked which seemed to satisfy them.

Nice! Guess I just need to get a flu shot and then I'm all good on vaccines. Thanks for sharing that information. :)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Wales
Timeline

Nice! Guess I just need to get a flu shot and then I'm all good on vaccines. Thanks for sharing that information. smile.png

No problem! Yeah good call getting the flu shot beforehand, I was glad that I did it before the medical :)

Not sure if you've read my experience 1/2 pages back, but at the end of the medical you'll be called back to reception to pick up your passport etc as well as the sheet detailing your vaccinations. Check this before you leave- they didn't put "VH" on the varicella row and I only noticed when I got home, which meant that I had to contact them the following Monday to get them to change it and send me out a new one before they sent the info to the embassy. If I hadn't caught them, this would have meant paying for a medical plus a varicella shot when I got to the States.

Yeah, girlfriend wanted me to err on the side of caution though so it's already been cancelled and rescheduled.

Yeah I figured as much but it's already been rescheduled. 2-3 more weeks of waiting isn't going to kill us I guess. We're both pretty pessimistic and I have some anxiety issues, so we decided it was better to be safe than take any chances, no matter how minute. I also felt like if by some miracle it did show up and I said "I didn't smoke it I swear!" would be kind of laughable, I'm sure they've heard that excuse a lot. Relegating myself to sitting in the house for 3 weeks!

Thanks for the responses though guys. smile.png

Honestly, you have nothing to worry about. Even if you had actually smoked a bunch of weed you would still be fine. Unless of course you have a criminal history or admit to having tried drugs in the past. By default they only test for Syphilis. It would be far too expensive for them to start checking the blood samples for drugs. That's why there is a charge of £48 for the drugs test.

So, to conclude, they do not test for drugs unless you give them a reason to.

Edited by TYorke1

Quick question guys, does anyone know if they usually take your blood pressure before or after any outstanding vaccinations? I think my BP would be significantly lower if I knew the injections were out of the way. I have a phobia of needles! Do any of them hurt??

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.