Jahan&Veena

London Medical - Knightsbridge Doctors

2,055 posts in this topic

The lady at reception had to explain the vaccinations form to me. Apparently they now mark everyone's as "vaccination history incomplete" due to what she explained as "flu and tetanus". Whatever that means :P

Because I didn't see the nurse, there is nothing at all in the varicella row (no ticks, no varicella history indicated, nothing) but apparently that's just what they've started doing now. Hm.

That is basically poor service and some incorrect info unless you didn't understand what she was saying.

You will have to pay a civil surgeon in the US to complete a new sheet before AOS.

Btw--They have never marked the results as "complete" but incomplete should have "may be eligible for blanket waiver" also ticked. That is the norm, even for those who got all the required shots for an adult and need nothing further for AOS.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Wales
Timeline

That is basically poor service and some incorrect info unless you didn't understand what she was saying.

You will have to pay a civil surgeon in the US to complete a new sheet before AOS.

Btw--They have never marked the results as "complete" but incomplete should have "may be eligible for blanket waiver" also ticked. That is the norm, even for those who got all the required shots for an adult and need nothing further for AOS.

Grr, that's really frustrating. I made a point of going to my GP to ensure I had all required vaccinations beforehand to avoid having to pay when in the US. All the other rows have ticks and dates etc in them but varicella has nothing.

Actually, as I've had chicken pox, would I just have to get the US civil surgeon to complete a new sheet saying I have varicella history? Or would I need the shot as well?

I thought I remembered reading somewhere on here about them never marking the results as complete, but the lady made a BIG deal out of saying "this is what we've been told to start doing now, because of flu jabs and tetanus, so don't worry you're fine." I assumed that meant it was a recent change.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

They don't mark the sheets as complete because the Tetanus and Flu shot are renewable shots (once every 10, and 1 year), according to Knightsbridge nurse.

K1 AOS:

May 22nd: Sent away AOS package Day 1

May 27th: Notification via text/email confirming receiving package. Day 5

May 29th: NOA's recieved on 29th May Day 7

June 2nd: Biometrics appointment for June 16th arrives. Day 11

June 16th: Successful Biometrics. Day 24

I would call Knightsbridge tomorrow (or very early Monday if not open) and say they didn't mark your VH and you had chickenpox. So you need them to redo the sheet before it is released to the embassy and mail you a photocopy of the corrected one.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Timeline

It will be Monday, as they close on Saturdays. I have found if you email them on a Friday night/Saturday Morning, they normally respond by about 10am the Monday they open, so that might be an idea, if you are stuck in work, plus it also gives you a chance to maybe verbalize what you want to say a little bit more clearly and thought out, as sometimes you may tend to forget of things to say on the phone (god knows I do :) )

K1 AOS:

Timeline

It will be Monday, as they close on Saturdays. I have found if you email them on a Friday night/Saturday Morning, they normally respond by about 10am the Monday they open, so that might be an idea, if you are stuck in work, plus it also gives you a chance to maybe verbalize what you want to say a little bit more clearly and thought out, as sometimes you may tend to forget of things to say on the phone (god knows I do :) )

Do you have the email address to hand? I can't find it, only their phone number.

Nich-nick, that's exactly what I'll do. Thanks!

Timeline

Sorry for the double post. Did a bit more research and found the contact form link on their website. Email has been sent, will ring at lunchtime on Monday if I don't get a reply by then.

For the record, this is exactly what the technical instructions for panel physicians says about filling out the results section.

Completing "Part 2. Results."

After reviewing entries in "Part 1. Immunization Record" for all the vaccines, the appropriate box under "Part 2. Results" must be checked.

Vaccination history incomplete: Applicant may be eligible for blanket waiver(s).

Completion of a vaccine series is not required to conclude the medical examination, because such a requirement would require multiple visits to a panel physician and could lead to unnecessary delay in the immigration process. If any of the boxes under the "Not Medically Appropriate" heading was checked, the "Applicant may be eligible for blanket waiver(s) because vaccination(s) not medically appropriate (as indicated above)" box must also be checked. This box will probably always be checked because some vaccines may not be age appropriate for the applicant.

It says nothing about renewable vaccinations like flu and tetanus. This isn't about the rest of your life. It is where do you stand this day as measured by 9 vaccines required for immigration (greencard). There are reasons not to get every shot on the list....age not appropriate is one reason. So if you were marked as not age appropriate for polio, hep A or B, rotavirus, etc, then you get the "incomplete-blanket waiver" marked because those shots were medically inappropriate and not given on this date. It doesn't matter whether tetanus is advised in general every 10 years. Immigration doesn't care what you do in 10 years or if you ever get another flu jab in your life. She shouldn't even be writing in "10 years" like she does besides Td. The instructions say to put a check mark in the proper column to indicate if something is not medically appropriate. No other writing is asked for.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Timeline

No response to the email so I called them at lunchtime. When they dug out my file the girl at reception could see straight away what the problem was without me having to explain. She said they'd sort that out and send a new one out to me in the post straight away. Brill :)

Timeline

Good, they are expensive, and a pain in the backside. But they are very efficient at what they do most the time!

K1 AOS:

Timeline

Hey guys, I filled in my questionnaire for the medical then realized today I didn't mention on it that I'm taking ointment for some mild eczema on my stomach and marked that I wasn't taking any medication. Will they actually care since it's for something so minor or should I print out a new copy of the forms and mention the ointment just to be on the safe side?

I must've brain farted and thought they would only care about serious medication... but better safe than sorry.

Timeline

I couldn't give you an answer, but I have pretty bad psoriasis at times, and I just told her during the interview, and gave the name of the solution I use.

Doctor didn't seem too fazed about it.

K1 AOS:

Timeline

So, some stupid happened today. I was talking to the mother of my sisters boyfriend today in her home asking if she would want to buy my PC after I receive my visa and then her daughter walks in and starts smoking weed infront of us. The medical is tomorrow and I'm kind of freaking out incase it shows up in my blood test.

I have never done drugs and did a good job of avoiding them until this happened today. Should I just reschedule my medical?

So, some stupid ###### happened today. I was talking to the mother of my sisters boyfriend today in her home asking if she would want to buy my PC after I receive my visa and then her daughter walks in and starts smoking weed infront of us. The medical is tomorrow and I'm kind of freaking out incase it shows up in my blood test.

I have never done drugs and did a good job of avoiding them until this happened today. Should I just reschedule my medical?

The blood test is for sexually transmitted diseases. They don't test for drugs unless you act high or smell of weed. Take a shower and wash your hair :P

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Timeline

The blood test is for sexually transmitted diseases. They don't test for drugs unless you act high or smell of weed. Take a shower and wash your hair tongue.png

Haha, yeah I figured as much. Think the fiance wants me to reschedule just to be on the safe side. £95 to avoid a year ban is ok with me. Mad as hell right now though. Just want this stuff to be over. ClockWatch2.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.