Jahan&Veena

London Medical - Knightsbridge Doctors

2,055 posts in this topic

Yep sounds like it's blank - certainly the one I have has plenty of files on it.

Annoying! But oh well.

AOS // 12 months 3 days
April 13, 2014 NOA1 - April 16, 2015 Approved

April 27, 2015 Greencard received

K-1 // 8 months
Feb 22, 2013 NOA1 - Oct 23, 2013 London Interview
March 18, 2014 Married

• 4 weeks later...

Will post my experience when I get back tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

"What's yours is mine!"

So I had my appointment at 1:50pm - but as always they were running quickly so I got seen at 1:30pm instead. Met Dr. Huang first. Seemed very jovial however we've hit a small snag regarding - surprise, surprise - the gastric band. My discharge sheet with all the stuff on it wasn't good enough so I've got to get basically a letter outlining prognosis and future care. Which I'd need anyway for the final move itself else no doctor would take me on.

Went through the motions - weight, height, checked to see my questionnaire answers were correct, blood pressure ("1 point and you'd be in trouble!") as well as ear, mouth, nose and eye checks. Also got the stethoscope treatment on front and back. Then came the "fun" part. Yes, I got the crown jewels checked for Cancer. Then the good Doctor had issues with drawing my blood for the syphilis test - we got there in the end though with a deep vein.

After that, I was guided directly into the X-Ray room to be met by a nice chap there. He asked if I'd ever had a chest X-Ray - I replied with "I've never had -any- X-Rays before!" so he came over and got me all set up, explaining why he had to do things. He then showed me the images and seemed to think there were no issues with my chest, so it was back on with my shirt and off to the Nurse.

Now Zoe, my immigration nurse was wonderful. She was really bubbly and made everything nice and simple and we had a good old chat about the visa process and all. I had my MMR done because my local GP didn't do Adult MMRs (however, Zoe felt that as I was 25 I could still have one of the child ones and be in the clear so she admonished my GP for that one). She explained the DS-3025 and the fact that despite the fact that the "Blanket Waivers" box was ticked, it really meant nothing in my case as I had all three jabs - which she also gave me a verbal high-five for.

The only bad parts were the slightly rude receptionist (except when it was time to pay, then they're your best friend) and the issue regarding the gastric band surgery. Word to the wise: If you've had ANY kind of major surgery or illness which has needed extensive treatment, get your evidence of what happened, your prognosis and your potential future care in a letter from your consultant or GP before you go. Save yourself the worry.

"What's yours is mine!"

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Had my medical 9:30 this morning was done in just 25 minutes didn't need any shots at all which I was happy about. While process was easy. Get naked get touched up lol all clear blood test fine get dressed collect your information from reception go home wait for the interview easy as that

• 4 weeks later...

Got my medical tomorrow at 1:50pm! Hopefully it all goes okay!

The only thing that's going to bother me is like, I went to Morrisons to get a flu jab on Monday, and the guy told me I shouldn't have it because it might cause a false positive on the blood test. So I reckon Knightsbridge will give me the flu vaccine after the blood test. I had a hep a+b vaccine on the Monday also as my doctor recommended I had it if I'm going to the US. So I'm looking at paying 20 something quid instead of 7, but that's my bad for leaving it so late I suppose :P Hopefully it won't cause any issues :)

Not looking forward to getting on a National Express coach at 5:55am though xD (wanting to get to London beforehand so me and my mum can look in some shops before and after! :D)

I'll let you guys know how I get on!

k1 journey <3 -

-30th oct 2013: sent I-129f package

-1st nov 2013: package arrived at lockbox

-6th nov 2013: received noa1 email/text

-8th nov 2013: alien registration number changed

-15th nov 2013: noa1 hard copy arrived

-19th nov 2013: noa2!!!!

-17th dec 2013: nvc receive

-23rd dec 2013: consulate receive

-15th jan 2014: medical done

-3rd feb 2014: found out interview date via email

-7th feb 2014: received interview letter

-14th feb 2014: interview APPROVED!!!!!! <3

-22nd feb 2014: visa in hand

-26th feb 2014: POE New York JFK

-26th feb 2014: together <333

K1 journey over! Next stop AOS! married! :D

AOS <3

-23rd may 2014 send paperwork with USPS

-26th may 2014 usps says delivered!

-2nd june 2014: NOA1 texts received

-4th june 2014: biometrics letter receive

-26th june 2014: biometrics appointment

-6th august 2014: EAD card production ordered!!!!

Timeline

Got my medical tomorrow at 1:50pm! Hopefully it all goes okay!

The only thing that's going to bother me is like, I went to Morrisons to get a flu jab on Monday, and the guy told me I shouldn't have it because it might cause a false positive on the blood test. So I reckon Knightsbridge will give me the flu vaccine after the blood test. I had a hep a+b vaccine on the Monday also as my doctor recommended I had it if I'm going to the US. So I'm looking at paying 20 something quid instead of 7, but that's my bad for leaving it so late I suppose tongue.png Hopefully it won't cause any issues smile.png

Not looking forward to getting on a National Express coach at 5:55am though xD (wanting to get to London beforehand so me and my mum can look in some shops before and after! biggrin.png)

I'll let you guys know how I get on!

You never know, I might bump into you on my way out of the medical. I have mine at 12.50pm. Good Luck!

K1 AOS:

May 22nd: Sent away AOS package Day 1

May 27th: Notification via text/email confirming receiving package. Day 5

May 29th: NOA's recieved on 29th May Day 7

June 2nd: Biometrics appointment for June 16th arrives. Day 11

June 16th: Successful Biometrics. Day 24

Good luck Otter. Be sure to let us know how you get on!

Spoiler

K1

15 November 2013: Sent I-129F Package 

21 November 2013: NOA1 

20 December 2013: NOA2

23 January 2014: Medical (London)

11 April 2014: Interview - Approved!

29 April 2014: POE Chicago

20 June 2014: Married in DC

AOS

7 July 2014: Mailed AOSEAD & AP forms via USPS

14 July 2014: NOA1 Text & E-Mails (x3) received at 23:52hrs (Received Date: 07/11/2014)

14 July 2014: Cheque cashed & I-485 transferred to Nebraska Service Centre

18 July 2014: NOA1 hardcopy received (x3)

22 July 2014: Biometrics Letter rec'd (Appointment 07/31/2014)

23 July 2014: Early Biometrics walk-in at Cincinnati office successful!

05 September 2014: EAD & AP approved! (texts rec'd 16:45hrs)

11 September 2014: EAD/AP card mailed

12 September 2014: EAD/AP card in hand (delivered 9:54am)

18 October 2014: Potential interview waiver letter rec'd (Dated: 10/15/2014)

19 May 2015: I-485 approved! (No interview) Welcome letter mailed!

23 May 2015: I-797 (NOA2) Welcome notice received

27 May 2015: Green card received

ROC

ROC filing window opens 18 February 2017

16 February 2017: ROC packet mailed to CSC

18 February 2017: USPS Tracking - Ready for collection from PO Box

25 February 2017: NOA1 received dated 02/21/2017

03 March 2017: Received biometrics appointment letter dated 25th February 2017. Appointment on 16 March 2017.

16 March 2017: Biometrics completed

08 March 2018: Case (allegedly) transferred to the National Benefits Center (presumably for a combo interview)

04 April 2019: ROC approved (as part of N-400 combo interview)

N-400

18 February 2018: N-400 Application submitted online

21 February 2018: NOA1 Rreceived

23 February 2018: Biometrics appointment letter received. Appointment 13 March 2018. 

27 April 2018: Interview notice received. Interview Date: June 5, 2018. Request to reschedule sent as out of the country at that time.

04 April 2019: Attended interview ... PASSED!

11 April 2019: Oath ceremony

You never know, I might bump into you on my way out of the medical. I have mine at 12.50pm. Good Luck!

Oh cool!! I'm easy to spot, I'm short and have bright red and black hair xD Thank you and good luck for tomorrow! :)

Good luck Otter. Be sure to let us know how you get on!

Thank you! I will definitely post about it here once I get home, leaving at 5:55am and getting home at about 8pm, gonna be one long day haha. But it's a step forward in the process so that's an awesome thing. I see you have yours on the 23rd? Good luck!! :D

k1 journey <3 -

AOS <3

Right so! Sitting in Victoria coach station as I write this haha.

Arrived in London with my mum at Victoria, went and took a taxi to Bentinck street, the driver dropped us right outside the doctors. Since we were realllly early we headed to Oxford street to look in the shops and grab something to eat while we waited for it to get to my appointment time.

Arrived at the doctors. Now, I'm gonna be honest with you guys: I found this whole thing a bit upsetting though I was extremely anxious the entire time.

Went to reception and was asked to hand my passport (which they keep hold of til the end of the medical) a passport photo, police certificate, and vaccination records. I was told to go take a seat in the waiting area.

I was called in for the X-ray first. Was asked if I had one before, I hadn't. Had to remove clothing on my top half and wear some little gown type thing. I...had no idea how a healthy chest X-ray result looked so I was super scared there was something wrong (I'm a worrier ^^;) but I was told to go to a waiting area for women. Me and my mum chatted to a lady in the waiting room about NOA2 times which was cool :P

Then I was called in for a medical. Checked my eyes, ears, reflex test, eye test, blood pressure. checked my upper half and lower half (pretty embarrassing but it has to be done :( ) went through the questionnaire and was asked about my previous depression. Doctor asked me to take some letter to my GP so that she could give them more information. I was pretty upset by this thinking it was going to mess up my visa for some depression I suffered briefly when I was a little younger :/

Then he did the blood test, but couldn't get blood out of either arm. He said I seemed very dehydrated and to go drink a bunch of water. I returned to the waiting area pretty upset, thinking not only this depression thing was going to mess with my visa, AND the fact they couldn't get no blood out of me. So I was mega worried. I also asked him about the form I'm supposed to have for AOS and he looked at me like I was crazy so I stopped asking. He was kind of stern because I kept asking questions but I was worried so ^^;

But! Then the nurse called me through and she was AWESOME. She was really nice and saw I was upset. I explained I was worried because of what the doctor told me, thinking my visa would be declined or whatever. But she reassured me a lot of people had to go get more info from their GP, and that they'd hold my results until they get a letter faxed by my doctor. She attempted to take my blood again but no luck yet again xD told me to drink even more water and shed call me back in.

After like...6 or 7 cups of water, she called me back in. We got a tiny amount of blood and she said that was good enough. She went through my vaccinations and said I needed a flu jab. She joked with me and said she's sorry for stabbing me with so many needles xD so after the flu jab she explained the vaccination form and told me to keep hold of it for AOS.

After I was finally finished I was called to reception to pay. They gave me all my forms but they spelled my name wrong so they had to amend it. xD they handed back my passport also. The receptionist was also really polite.

I feel kind of silly for getting so upset but I get very anxious and had been panicking all week haha. I'm really glad it's over. If you're the type of person to get easily nervous just try to be brave ^^

So pretty much what's happened is they're holding onto my results until I get my doctor to write and fax a letter, THEN they will send it to the embassy. So sadly a bit of a delay but I'm seeing my GP ASAP!

So if you were having your medical today and you saw some girl drinking a ton of water and being sad/worried, it was me! XD but hopefully it'll all be fine and I was silly for worrying :P

k1 journey <3 -

AOS <3

Well done for getting it all over and done with Otter. I'm sure they will get all the info they need from your GP.

When you set foot upon that plane, the events of today will all be forgotten about!

Next stop: Embassy!

Edited by Derwood
Spoiler

K1

15 November 2013: Sent I-129F Package 

21 November 2013: NOA1 

20 December 2013: NOA2

23 January 2014: Medical (London)

11 April 2014: Interview - Approved!

29 April 2014: POE Chicago

20 June 2014: Married in DC

AOS

7 July 2014: Mailed AOSEAD & AP forms via USPS

14 July 2014: NOA1 Text & E-Mails (x3) received at 23:52hrs (Received Date: 07/11/2014)

14 July 2014: Cheque cashed & I-485 transferred to Nebraska Service Centre

18 July 2014: NOA1 hardcopy received (x3)

22 July 2014: Biometrics Letter rec'd (Appointment 07/31/2014)

23 July 2014: Early Biometrics walk-in at Cincinnati office successful!

05 September 2014: EAD & AP approved! (texts rec'd 16:45hrs)

11 September 2014: EAD/AP card mailed

12 September 2014: EAD/AP card in hand (delivered 9:54am)

18 October 2014: Potential interview waiver letter rec'd (Dated: 10/15/2014)

19 May 2015: I-485 approved! (No interview) Welcome letter mailed!

23 May 2015: I-797 (NOA2) Welcome notice received

27 May 2015: Green card received

ROC

ROC filing window opens 18 February 2017

16 February 2017: ROC packet mailed to CSC

18 February 2017: USPS Tracking - Ready for collection from PO Box

25 February 2017: NOA1 received dated 02/21/2017

03 March 2017: Received biometrics appointment letter dated 25th February 2017. Appointment on 16 March 2017.

16 March 2017: Biometrics completed

08 March 2018: Case (allegedly) transferred to the National Benefits Center (presumably for a combo interview)

04 April 2019: ROC approved (as part of N-400 combo interview)

N-400

18 February 2018: N-400 Application submitted online

21 February 2018: NOA1 Rreceived

23 February 2018: Biometrics appointment letter received. Appointment 13 March 2018. 

27 April 2018: Interview notice received. Interview Date: June 5, 2018. Request to reschedule sent as out of the country at that time.

04 April 2019: Attended interview ... PASSED!

11 April 2019: Oath ceremony

Right so! Sitting in Victoria coach station as I write this haha.

Arrived in London with my mum at Victoria, went and took a taxi to Bentinck street, the driver dropped us right outside the doctors. Since we were realllly early we headed to Oxford street to look in the shops and grab something to eat while we waited for it to get to my appointment time.

Arrived at the doctors. Now, I'm gonna be honest with you guys: I found this whole thing a bit upsetting though I was extremely anxious the entire time.

Went to reception and was asked to hand my passport (which they keep hold of til the end of the medical) a passport photo, police certificate, and vaccination records. I was told to go take a seat in the waiting area.

I was called in for the X-ray first. Was asked if I had one before, I hadn't. Had to remove clothing on my top half and wear some little gown type thing. I...had no idea how a healthy chest X-ray result looked so I was super scared there was something wrong (I'm a worrier ^^wink.png but I was told to go to a waiting area for women. Me and my mum chatted to a lady in the waiting room about NOA2 times which was cool tongue.png

Then I was called in for a medical. Checked my eyes, ears, reflex test, eye test, blood pressure. checked my upper half and lower half (pretty embarrassing but it has to be done sad.png ) went through the questionnaire and was asked about my previous depression. Doctor asked me to take some letter to my GP so that she could give them more information. I was pretty upset by this thinking it was going to mess up my visa for some depression I suffered briefly when I was a little younger :/

Then he did the blood test, but couldn't get blood out of either arm. He said I seemed very dehydrated and to go drink a bunch of water. I returned to the waiting area pretty upset, thinking not only this depression thing was going to mess with my visa, AND the fact they couldn't get no blood out of me. So I was mega worried. I also asked him about the form I'm supposed to have for AOS and he looked at me like I was crazy so I stopped asking. He was kind of stern because I kept asking questions but I was worried so ^^;

But! Then the nurse called me through and she was AWESOME. She was really nice and saw I was upset. I explained I was worried because of what the doctor told me, thinking my visa would be declined or whatever. But she reassured me a lot of people had to go get more info from their GP, and that they'd hold my results until they get a letter faxed by my doctor. She attempted to take my blood again but no luck yet again xD told me to drink even more water and shed call me back in.

After like...6 or 7 cups of water, she called me back in. We got a tiny amount of blood and she said that was good enough. She went through my vaccinations and said I needed a flu jab. She joked with me and said she's sorry for stabbing me with so many needles xD so after the flu jab she explained the vaccination form and told me to keep hold of it for AOS.

After I was finally finished I was called to reception to pay. They gave me all my forms but they spelled my name wrong so they had to amend it. xD they handed back my passport also. The receptionist was also really polite.

I feel kind of silly for getting so upset but I get very anxious and had been panicking all week haha. I'm really glad it's over. If you're the type of person to get easily nervous just try to be brave ^^

So pretty much what's happened is they're holding onto my results until I get my doctor to write and fax a letter, THEN they will send it to the embassy. So sadly a bit of a delay but I'm seeing my GP ASAP!

So if you were having your medical today and you saw some girl drinking a ton of water and being sad/worried, it was me! XD but hopefully it'll all be fine and I was silly for worrying tongue.png

If you're going to admit to depression, you should have a letter prepared from your GP to hand over when you go for the medical. The key thing they're looking for in said letter is essentially the words "Not dangerous to self or others".

That said? I got hit with a letter asking for information about my gastric band surgery. So I fell into the same trap as well. Nothing to worry about.

"What's yours is mine!"

Well done for getting it all over and done with Otter. I'm sure they will get all the info they need from your GP.

When you set foot upon that plane, the events of today will all be forgotten about!

Next stop: Embassy!

Thank you ^^ And yeah my GP is a very awesome doctor, I was supposed to be seeing her on Monday anyway but maybe she can see me sooner! :)

If you're going to admit to depression, you should have a letter prepared from your GP to hand over when you go for the medical. The key thing they're looking for in said letter is essentially the words "Not dangerous to self or others".

That said? I got hit with a letter asking for information about my gastric band surgery. So I fell into the same trap as well. Nothing to worry about.

Yeah I really really wish I had taken a letter from my GP, but I will try to get an earlier appointment with her :P And I'm glad you got yours sorted as well, I guess they want to make sure everyone is 100% fine :)

k1 journey <3 -

AOS <3

Timeline

Otter, I am sorry, I never read your response until just now, I did indeed see you, I was with my dad, on the brown seat. As you can tell, I was pretty stressed out.

Well, here is my experience, which just seemed to happen about 20-30 minutes before Otter's experience. (Scroll down to My Knightsbridge Experience if you want to skip some ramblings)

I went to brush my teeth last night, to only discover that my face had gone all dry and red (probably out of stress- I am a worrier). Anyway, I put some moisturiser on it, and it seemed ok.

I left Belfast at about 7.30 am, got into Gatwick about 8.45. We queued up for the Gatwick express ticket line, it was long, and I wasn't in a rush (12.50pm appointment), so we decided to get the national express (took about an hour and 15 minutes). A tip for those flying into Gatwick, they sell tickets at the concierge, which is just a walk across the airport in the direction of where the trains are, which provide a ticket selling service, I will know for next time anyway.

Anyway, I got into London at about 10.30. Decided to walk to Knightsbridge, to get our bearings, and decided to go kill some time sight-seeing. Ended up giving up after walking in essentially a big circle, and just decided to stop and get some lunch, which wasn't a great idea. I scoffed down the burger, and instantly felt like #######. Noticed the time struck 12.20, and we were about a 15 minute walk away, so nulty mcnumpty here decided to run half the way. Now, i am a big kid, about 18 and a half stone of big kid, and with my nerves and now being out of breath, we walked into knightsbridge.

My Knightsbridge Experience - Arrived about ten minutes before my scheduled time. The receptionist was a nice wee girl, told me to fill out a form and return it, and I did.

Took a seat in their room, which is basic, but nice enough.

Got called in after returning the form, to be greeted, by what I presume as a South African lady doctor, I would say 40-50. She was nice enough at the start, asked questions like have I ever used drugs, alcohol, and do I have any existing conditions, along with some small talk. She asked me to take a seat, and undress to my underpants, which I did, and then she performed a blood pressure test, which she said was borderline high, she carried on with the rest of the medical, and told me my heart was racing, and asked me had I been rushing about or something, which I had, and I was also pretty nervous (not a big fan of doctors). She performed the rest of the medical, had a peak downstairs, and took my blood pressure again on my left arm this time, she said it was pretty high, and took it once again. She wrote out a form, asking for my doctor to respond, it basically said I had high blood pressure, and a high pulse. And asked if my doctor could check it, and if it was high write back how he was treating it, and if it was lower that no action was being taken. She asked that I get my doctor to fax it preferably, and that as long as this was in within a couple of days no delays would occur.

I asked her if I was diagnosed with a high blood pressure would it be ok for the visa, and she said no, it means you have high blood pressure, that isn't good. I asked again trying to assert the fact that all I was concerned about was the visa process, and she again gave the same answer. I feel like she didnt understand the question, so i re-rephrased it and she said it was ok, and that as soon as she got the ok from my doctor in writing, that I would be ok.

I was then directed to the vaccination room, where I was greeted by a lovely nurse, who informed me that I required a influenza shot, and a tetanus shot( shock to me, I guess I miscalculated), she gave me some options, but I decided to get it done, just to get it out of the way (50 quid extra but, hey ho.) Btw, my arm is bloody wrecked from the tetanus.

Then went into the Xray place, got asked to take off my shirt, and strike a chicken pose against this board.

Went back to room waited a couple of mins, and got called to reception to pay, and my id and forms where returned, the girl in the room once again told me what I needed to get from my doc.

All in all, an okay experience. There is no legitimate reason as to why this is the only place in the UK that carries out this procedure. A complete monopoly and money making machine. But nothing for the general public to be concerned about. I had an idea that my blood pressure would be high, and it is my fault I was running after eating some heavy food.

Walked around LANDAN for a wee while afterwords seen some sights (my first time), and was on the gatwick express back in plenty of time to catch my flight. Exhausted, but glad to have this part over with (well almost).

K1 AOS:

Timeline

Went to the doctors today, sigh, he said I have elevated Blood Pressure, and that I would need to come back on Monday and get a 24 hour BP test down, to see if I am suffering from white coat raised BP (when the thought of getting your BP done by the doc raises it). He said he could write off that document to the Knightsbridge People, as soon as he had the results from that. So hopefully only a minor delay.

He also decided to give me a speech about Americans and how expensive health care is for someone who has a high Blood Pressure....sigh.

K1 AOS:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.