Jahan&Veena

London Medical - Knightsbridge Doctors

2,055 posts in this topic

Wow - in and out in 40 minutes!!

Everything was great - got my paperwork that I was told to look after as I need it for AOS to prove all my vaccinations are up to date ( discovered i didnt need to have had the Hep A after all, but hey-ho, better safe than sorry!)

BUT.......... I had answered YES to one of the questions - have you ever been treated for depression - I was prescribed anti-depressants 5 years ago for 6 months, the Doc said it wasnt a problem at all and wouldnt affect my visa application but that she would need a letter from my GP stating why I was prescribed, what I was prescribed, whether I was ever in danger of hurting myself or others and prognosis. She said they couldn't send my results to the Embassy without it :( She gave me the exact details needed from my GP and said it could be faxed or emailed to them, and as soon as they had it, it would all be sent off to the Embassy.

I went to my GP as soon as I got back and begged for him to write it up for me ASAP (of course there will be a charge for this!) but he said the soonest he could do it would be thursday..... another delay.

Ah well, in the scheme of things a few more days isn't the end of the world, but I did almost wish I had just NOT ADMITTED TO IT!!!!

Wow - in and out in 40 minutes!!

Everything was great - got my paperwork that I was told to look after as I need it for AOS to prove all my vaccinations are up to date ( discovered i didnt need to have had the Hep A after all, but hey-ho, better safe than sorry!)

Curious why you thought you need Hep A? You aren't between the ages of 12 and 24 months.

Ah well, in the scheme of things a few more days isn't the end of the world, but I did almost wish I had just NOT ADMITTED TO IT!!!!

I wouldn't have.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

I guess I just was not totally sure on the a&e appropriate things as since all my records were lost, some of the childhood vaccines I had had I just re did all the ones I thought were appropriate!

And oh bum, lol, I didn't know if they ever checked medical records and if I hadn't admitted it was worried it may cause problems.

I'm currently giving this thread a good read as I have my medical on Thursday, eek.

Interesting to see how much people's experiences differ (boobs out versus not, for instance :P) but I am now very pleased I got my GP letter re: my mental health history. Thanks Queen for helping out with my question about that!

Nervous about my appointment, just want it over with already! content.gif

AOS // 12 months 3 days
April 13, 2014 NOA1 - April 16, 2015 Approved

April 27, 2015 Greencard received

K-1 // 8 months
Feb 22, 2013 NOA1 - Oct 23, 2013 London Interview
March 18, 2014 Married

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Curious why you thought you need Hep A? You aren't between the ages of 12 and 24 months.

I wouldn't have.

Nich, I was under the impression that Knightsbridge confirmed everything with your GP or checked your records? That's why I gave the poor doctor a comprehensive list... rofl.gif

Also, Jo Amelia - my baps were out for most of the exam! lol!

Edited by PearlyLemons

K1 Visa

NOA2 - 13.04.13

Packet 3 received - 07.05.13

Packet 3 sent - 26.06.13

Packet 3 logged on CEAC - 09.07.13

Medical - 05.07.13

Medical results received at embassy - 10.07.13

DS2001 received at embassy 12.07.13

Last status update on CEAC 10.07.13 - Ready

Packet 4 received - 07.08.13

Interview - 15.08.13 - Approved.

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed 16.11.13

USCIS received applications 18.11.13

Biometrics appointment 13.12.13

Waiting..

Nich, I was under the impression that Knightsbridge confirmed everything with your GP or checked your records? That's why I gave the poor doctor a comprehensive list... rofl.gif

Also, Jo Amelia - my baps were out for most of the exam! lol!

Knightsbridge can't access your medical records. They're not your doctor. :)

* I-130/CR-1 visa by Direct Consular Filing in London
3rd May 2013 - Married in London

7th May 2013 - I-130 filed
4th June 2013 - NOA2 (approved)
16th July 2013 - Interview (approved)
30th July 2013 - POE San Francisco
29th August 2013 - 2 year green card arrived

* How? Read my DCF London I-130 for CR1/IR1 Spouse Guide

* Removal of Conditions (RoC) via California Service Centre
1st May 2015 - 90 day RoC window opened
6th May 2015 - I-751 filed (delivered 8th May, cheque cashed 18th May)
7th August 2015 - Approved / GC production

27th August 2015 - 10 year green card arrived

* Naturalisation (Citizenship) via Phoenix Lockbox

* San Francisco Field Office:
1st May 2016 - N-400 window opened
20th August 2016 - N-400 filed

26th August 2016 - NOA1
13th September 2016 - Biometrics

12th January 2017 - Biometrics (again)
30th May 2017 - Interview (approved)
7th June 2017 - Oath

I left the medical feeling oddly upset and deflated! I thought I would feel relieved and I did... but not as much as I thought I would. Maybe more relief will come when I know the results are okay and embassy-bound.

I blame my mood largely on the fact apparently I missed a vaccine on my To Do list; according to the doctor when I asked, I need an MMR one. I KNOW I have had one, but maybe one is all I've had? I was too moody yesterday to sit and go through my records *again*. But on my DS-3025 she's ticked the box 'Applicant may be eligible for blanket waivers because vaccinations not medically appropriate'. Due to there currently being a shortage of MMR vaccine countrywide, they couldn't give it to me yesterday (and perhaps this means I couldn't have even got it from my GP?! I dunno) so she noted said shortage in the MMR box on the form and ticked 'not routinely available'.

I'm a perfectionist though so I was beating myself up about dropping the ball on that, and the associated civil surgeon stuff we'll now have to go through once I get Stateside. Oh well.

Now just the wait and hope there's no phone call today or tomorrow.

Edited by Jo Amelia Finlay

AOS // 12 months 3 days

K-1 // 8 months
March 18, 2014 Married

With regards to appointment generally, no great shakes to report but here's what happened that differed a bit from appointment reviews I read beforehand:

No breast exam or having to get them out at all, which surprised me. Esp considering my piercing showed up on the x-ray(!) so the x-ray fellow confirmed what it was when he reviewed it haha, and then said "Well the doctor will pick up on that..." She didn't as she didn't want to see my boobs! But I'm assuming piercings aren't crazy-uncommon.

Gender check was literally quicker than it took her to say "...And a peek down here...". Over before I knew what happened.

Vaccinations, see post above.

Mental health history, glad I took my GP letter as she referred to it a lot. I explained succinctly my problems over the years and she made notes. During the physical exam she asked if I had any self harm scars and I pointed them out (they are tiny).

Admitted some light drug use in my past, had to pee in a cup. Doc seemed happy enough with my answers to subsequent questions and no associated - or any - police activity in my past. I decided to be 100% honest and I felt better for having done so (rather than skirting around facts or not disclosing). Hopefully the fact it was 10-15 yrs ago + test coming back clean will mean no bad repercussions there. If they do we'll just have to roll with them.

Girl at reception nearly forgot to charge me the extra for the urine test thing, I corrected her and she said something like "Thank you. Saves me getting shouted at!". I liked her, she explained everything well and wished me all the best. My total came to £275, erk. Put it on the credit card and will worry about it later.

Edited by Jo Amelia Finlay

AOS // 12 months 3 days

K-1 // 8 months
March 18, 2014 Married

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I had my medical today at 9:30 and overall it was a breeze. I expected the clinic to be in a different sort of building but then with a name like Bentinck Mansions, it made sense. I strolled in and filled out the extra bit of paperwork they ask you to do and then sat in the waiting room for about 5 minutes.

I was then called for my x-ray by a nice lady, it was a simple and quick job. When the x-ray was coming through on the screen I saw she looked a little puzzled or curious, which suddenly put me on edge. As the picture finished loading up on the screen she dismissed that look and I relaxed, apparently I have fairly long lungs, which she said was nothing bad and merely a passing observation. After that it was back to the waiting room to see the doctor.

After about another 5 minutes the doctor called me in, I forget her name (because I'm terrible with names first time) but she was a nice, I'm guessing, European woman with blonde hair. She went over the vaccination records and asked me questions from the questionnaire as she jotted a few things down and then took my height and weight and had me take an eye test, I did pretty well except for one letter I mistook on each single eye test lol. I then sat down on the bed and she checked my eyes, ears and throat and took my blood pressure. I was a little worried at first as I'd had a coffee not long before I went into the clinic and I could feel the caffeine coursing through me, but that was all fine too. Finally, she took a blood sample.

Then came the strip down, laying on the bed she checked my breathing, had a poke around my neck and abdomen and checked my reflexes. Followed by sitting up to check my breathing on my back and then finished by checking my "bag of plums". At the end she said everything was fine and that the only point she brought up was my weight, but that wasn't made into a big deal or anything, it's something I'm working on but she said I seemed to be in good enough health considering. All in all it was a quick, painless examination.

After all that, I went back to the waiting room for a couple of minutes until I was called back to the reception desk to collect my paperworks and pay for the medical. £235 since I didn't need any additional tests or vaccinations (thanks to a kind nurse at my local doctors clinic who gave me the one I was missing for free. - it always pays to ask!) I was told my results would be with the embassy by Wednesday and with that, I departed and had a stroll around London (and Hamleys, which was not far away lol) before getting on the train back home.

Overall it was hardly a big deal at all. It was all handled very efficiently and professionally. There were a number of people that had turned up in the waiting room this morning during the few times I was in there, some older, some younger. I wondered if any of them were from this forum haha. Now that it is done with, now begins the wait for the embassy interview date! Almost done now! (With this stage anyway)

Current Status: AOS - Processing

Happily Married Dec 6th 2013 <3

Seems like we are all having a nice short medical!

On the downside, my medical was last Tuesday (3rd) phoned the DoS today and not only has my medical not been logged yet, not have my packet 3 forms that were signed for on Aug 21st. *sigh* it's a long tedious waiting game.....

Hi All,

Here's my experience of the medical with a little pointer regarding immunzations that might be useful to know...if only I had known I might have saved myself an additional £30 charge.

I had my medical at the Bentinck mansions on 13th September at 2.30pm. After coming up from Devon and wondering around Oxford Street in the rain...I decided to go in to the building at 2 to get out of the rain. The girl on reception was very professional and took all my paperwork etc. I got the second medical form to full out in the waiting room. After about 15 minutes I was surprised to hear my name being called as it wasn't even 2.30 yet but off I went. First stop was with the nurse to talk through the immunizations list. I'd gone to my doctors the week before to double check I had everything I needed and to get my record. I found out I hadn't had the mumps jab as a baby so I was given the MMR jab with the booster in a months time. Anyway as far I was concerned I was fully up to date with all my jabs....well no apparently not. She started to say about the Tetanus jab so I said 'oh I'm good as the doctor told me that once you've had 5 of them...you're good for the rest of your life'. She agreed with me but then pointed out that this is the rule for the U.K but apparently in America you're supposed to have a tetanus shot every ten years!! So of course with my luck...my last tetanus jab was over ten years ago so I had to have another one. I decided that I would just pay the money so that I could get the up to date certificate from them. I might have to have paid at my doctors I spose as I would have been requesting a jab I didn't need to have here? Anyway had that and ended up with 2 sore arms from the MMR and Tetanus!!

Finshed up with the nurse then pretty much got picked up straight away to go and have my Xray....lots of leaning on a x-ray plate looking like a tea pot and taking a big breath! Waited around in my stunning blue dressing gown to see my chest pop up on the computer screen. She pointed out my nipple bars were looking good!! Also said that at a quick glance everything looked fine. I was then being lead back to the middle waiting room when out popped the doctor and took me straight into the next room!!! It was a real whirlwind which I was grateful for as it gave me no time to think about anything!

I had the middle aged South African lady doctor who was very nice. She started going through my medical form which was pretty much all no's apart from one night in hospital from having my tonsils out. She then looked at my passport and asked me if I'd lost some weight? I said yes just a little....she said it looks more than a little so I said well yes actually...I'm up to 39kg lost so far!!!! So we had a good chat about that and the health benefits of it all. I did still get loads of questions about it though..."why did you start losing weight?" "was it health related i.e High blood pressure etc?" "how fast have I lost it as there could be a problem with loose skin etc". I then got weight and height taken then moved over to the couch. Tested my eyes, ears, mouth then she asked me to remove my jeans as well and lay down on the couch. I then had a blood test, blood pressure and my pulse taken. She felt my neck for lymph nodes then listened to my chest and back for a while. She then asked if she could examine my breasts so I said ok....wasn't too bad....wasn't quite sure where to look though!! Then she asked if she could peak down below....it literally was just me pulling my knickers back and she nodded and said thats fine. Then checked my skin and general look around. Then said ok thats all fine, you can get dressed now. She took me back to the main waiting room and said i would be called again in a few minutes. It was much nicer sitting in there with it all done than before! Then got called back to the window where I was given back my police certificate etc. She then explained the immunization certificate and to keep it safe for AOS. So as long as I don't hear anything by end of day on Tuesday I'm all good and my results will be with the embassy by Wednesday. I was back out in the rain 40 minutes after the process started. Such a relief to have had it done and be another step completed on this very long journey!

I've attached a photo of the doctors...hope it comes out ok.

So a message to anyone getting ready for their medical....check that tetanus....don't get caught out like me!!! And its really ok....now the interview...I'm bricking it for that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lynn x

post-140833-0-46988600-1379275156_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Just had the medical today, everyone was exceptionally nice there have to say. Bonus was no jabs as shortage of MMR at the moment and was covered on everything else thanks to a trip to rainforest in Borneo in 2004 - just had few months left of the 10 years...perfect ! Also not flu season yet so got away without that too. Horrah. Doctor gave me really great advice on checking breasts for lumps, she is passionate about making sure people felt confident about what they are looking for. In and out in about 40 mins.

1-130 - sent 30 July 2013
NOA1 - received 2 August 2013
I-130 approved - 27 August 2013
Pkt 3 letter arrived - 21 Sept 2013 (took bit longer because of mail redirect)
Phoned for medical appt - 23 Sept 2013
Medical - 24 Sept 2013
Pkt 3 returned - 15 October 2013 (cover letter requesting interview after 3 Dec due to travel)

Interview letter from Embassy reccd - 20 Nov 2013

Interview Date - 9 Dec 2013 - all went well

CEAC showed issued - 10 Dec

Email re courier - 12 Dec for delivery 13 Dec

(actually rescheduled delivery for 16 Dec as more convenient)

POE - fly in to Seattle 24 Dec

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Just had the medical today, everyone was exceptionally nice there have to say. Bonus was no jabs as shortage of MMR at the moment and was covered on everything else thanks to a trip to rainforest in Borneo in 2004 - just had few months left of the 10 years...perfect ! Also not flu season yet so got away without that too. Horrah. Doctor gave me really great advice on checking breasts for lumps, she is passionate about making sure people felt confident about what they are looking for. In and out in about 40 mins.

All,

Please at what point can one book medicals 'cos my wife tried booking her medicals and she was told she needs to have interview letter before doing so, is this true? We already have a case no and police certificate.

Thanks for your replies.

I-130 Track:

May 20, 2013: I-130 Sent

May 22, 2013: Priority Date

May 28, 2013: NOA1 Received

Aug 08, 2013: NOA2 Approved

Aug 12, 2013: NOA2 Hard copy received

NVC Track:

Aug 26, 2013: NVC received file

Sept 05, 2013: NVC Case # and IIN assigned

Sept 09, 2013: DS-261 (Choice of Agent) completed online

Sept 10, 2013: Received AOS via email and paid ($88)

Sept 11, 2013: AOS ($88) shows paid on NVC

Sept 12, 2013: AOS Package sent to NVC, delivered (Sept 16, 2013) & AOS Package accepted (Oct 11, 2013)

Oct 07, 2013: Received IV Invoice and paid ($460), rejected and payment re-submitted (Oct 17, 2013)

Oct 16, 2013: IV Package sent to NVC & IV Package delivered (Oct 18, 2013)

Oct 21, 2013: IV fee shows paid on NVC, DS-260 completed online & IV Package in system for review

Oct 31, 2013: Embassy change request submitted & Embassy changed (Nov 6, 2013)

Nov 13, 2013: Case completed @ NVC

Dec 02, 2013: Interview Appt Letter received via email

Jan 10, 2014: Medicals done

Jan 30, 2014: Interview Date & Visa approved

Feb 06, 2014: Visa picked up

Feb 27, 2014: POE, Houston Texas (Family re-union completed)

CITIZENSHIP Track:

Eligibility Criteria: 5 years

11-18-2013: Eligibility Date

11-14-2013: Application Sent

11-18-2013: Application Received and Priority Date

11-21-2013: Money Order Cashed

11-26-2013: Bio-metric Letter sent Date

12-02-2013: Bio-metric Date (Walk in. Original date: 12/12/13)

01-16-2014: In-line for Interview

03-03-2014: Interview Letter Received

04-01-2014: Interview Passed

04-23-2014: Oath Ceremony and Passport Applied for with my son

05-14-2014: All US passport received (Son and Myself)

All,

Please at what point can one book medicals 'cos my wife tried booking her medicals and she was told she needs to have interview letter before doing so, is this true? We already have a case no and police certificate.

Thanks for your replies.

What is your embassy? It appears to be Nigeria. You have no timeline or information either. It helps to know how to answer your question.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.