Jahan&Veena

London Medical - Knightsbridge Doctors

2,055 posts in this topic

I just took a look at that paper and yes, it says the same on mine, even though they said all my vaccinations where up-to-date.

They didn't check my weight and height. Kinda weird that every doctor seems to do something else.

IR1/CR1 Visa - DCF at London Embassy

April 16, 2013: Mailed out I-130

April 18, 2013: Date Petition filed
May 13, 2013: APPROVED!
May 22, 2013: Case Number received
June 3, 2013: Mailed out DS-230 & DS-2001
June 4, 2013: Medical Exam at Bentick Mansion
Unfortunately I have to re-do it in 6 + weeks as I was diagnosed with pneumonia
June 22, 2013 I traveled to the USA with the plan of returning to the UK, spoke to a Immigration lawyer and he told me to change my status and go the AOS route.
Since 2014 I am a permanent resident.

Once I got outside I got a bit worrried though because he has ticked "Vaccine History Incomplete" along with "Applicant may be eligible for blanket waiver because vaccinations not medically appropriate"

I tried to understand why this has happened. He has signed of my MMR's as fine but put that I had a Td booster this year and so should not require another for 10 years. He has ticked insufficient time interval and written "every 10 years for USA" This is true, but in my baby book I brought along it also chronicles I had had Td x 3 as a baby plus 2 boosters in high school. In fact, when I went to get the booster this year the NHS people told me i now had had enough to make for lifetime immunity, and only did me another due to me insisting. What am I going to do about this now?

Will they give me trouble at AOS for this? I mean, I had it this year so from what he is writing I should be fine for 9 more years and I know it says I may be eligible for a waiver but im pissed he didn't mark it as "all requirements met" as I went to some trouble to make sure it was all done!

Let me explain what I have learned from reading all the medical technical instructions. "Complete" would mean you had done every shot on the list. You did not get the ones that are not age appropriate for adults. You are given a waiver as not age appropriate. Their instructions say almost every person's will be marked this way. It is fine.

Edit: I will make a separate thread or post in a bit with more on this and your AOS requirements.

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Oh okay, thank you!

June 22, 2013 I traveled to the USA with the plan of returning to the UK, spoke to a Immigration lawyer and he told me to change my status and go the AOS route.

So, the doctors called me today, something is wrong with my x-ray. I should come back in 6 weeks. Something is not okay, but obviously it is not tuberculosis.
Unfortunately we should leave here in 3 weeks, I can not be seen by a doctor on Base ( we are Military) until June 18 so the husband is in touch now with the USCIS.
I hate what happened today :(

So, the doctors called me today, something is wrong with my x-ray. I should come back in 6 weeks. Something is not okay, but obviously it is not tuberculosis.

Unfortunately we should leave here in 3 weeks, I can not be seen by a doctor on Base ( we are Military) until June 18 so the husband is in touch now with the USCIS.

I hate what happened today sad.png

I hope it's nothing too serious - as if visa processes weren't stressful enough, finding out you may have unexpected bad health can't be nice for you.

They didn't even suggest you should come back for a second X-ray just incase the first was just screwed up somehow? :(

* I-130/CR-1 visa by Direct Consular Filing in London
3rd May 2013 - Married in London

7th May 2013 - I-130 filed
4th June 2013 - NOA2 (approved)
16th July 2013 - Interview (approved)
30th July 2013 - POE San Francisco
29th August 2013 - 2 year green card arrived

* How? Read my DCF London I-130 for CR1/IR1 Spouse Guide

* Removal of Conditions (RoC) via California Service Centre
1st May 2015 - 90 day RoC window opened
6th May 2015 - I-751 filed (delivered 8th May, cheque cashed 18th May)
7th August 2015 - Approved / GC production

27th August 2015 - 10 year green card arrived

* Naturalisation (Citizenship) via Phoenix Lockbox

* San Francisco Field Office:
1st May 2016 - N-400 window opened
20th August 2016 - N-400 filed

26th August 2016 - NOA1
13th September 2016 - Biometrics

12th January 2017 - Biometrics (again)
30th May 2017 - Interview (approved)
7th June 2017 - Oath

They did 2. One with the back and then one from the side :(
I think I might have a Respiratory infection or so because I have a cough but it's loosing up now. ( Not sure if that is the right word, I am German native speaker)

They did 2. One with the back and then one from the side sad.png

I think I might have a Respiratory infection or so because I have a cough but it's loosing up now. ( Not sure if that is the right word, I am German native speaker)

sad.png

Respiratory infection would be the right phrase. Sometimes people will call it a "chest infection", possibly bronchitis or a varient. It's the sort of thing that a doctor will just prescribe a course of antibiotics for, to clear it up (they're stubborn!).

Edited by lost_at_sea

* I-130/CR-1 visa by Direct Consular Filing in London
3rd May 2013 - Married in London

7th May 2013 - I-130 filed
4th June 2013 - NOA2 (approved)
16th July 2013 - Interview (approved)
30th July 2013 - POE San Francisco
29th August 2013 - 2 year green card arrived

* How? Read my DCF London I-130 for CR1/IR1 Spouse Guide

* Removal of Conditions (RoC) via California Service Centre
1st May 2015 - 90 day RoC window opened
6th May 2015 - I-751 filed (delivered 8th May, cheque cashed 18th May)
7th August 2015 - Approved / GC production

27th August 2015 - 10 year green card arrived

* Naturalisation (Citizenship) via Phoenix Lockbox

* San Francisco Field Office:
1st May 2016 - N-400 window opened
20th August 2016 - N-400 filed

26th August 2016 - NOA1
13th September 2016 - Biometrics

12th January 2017 - Biometrics (again)
30th May 2017 - Interview (approved)
7th June 2017 - Oath

Yeah, could have said chest infection, hahaha. But yeah, this is what I think I have.
The doctor who listened to my heart and obviously lungs since they listen also on the back said it's fine. I wouldn't mind going back there in 6 weeks if I would have enough time but I am not willing to pay for another whole medical, which would probably the case.

Hi all,

Stuart here, just want to give an account of my medical today from a guy's perspective, even if a lot of the information may well be duplicated from diath's account of the medical.

Arrived at 10:20am for my scheduled 10:30 appointment. Bentinck Mansions was thankfully easy to find as the name is posted on the exterior of the building, it really is literally

a 5 minute walk from Bond Street tube station. Rang the bell for Flat 4 Knightsbridge Doctors and was let in instantly.

Went to the 2nd window and they asked for the medical questionnaire, vaccination record,police certificate, passport, photo (uk size is fine for those uncertain). Then I went into the waiting room and about 20/25 minutes later I was called by a jolly chap with glasses for my chest x-ray. I was merely asked to take my shirt off for the x-ray, I wasn't asked to wear a gown or anything. The position he asked me to stand in was a little strange but I didn't find it uncomfortable, you basically have to put your arms behind your back and bend them at the elbow. Then he asked me to take a deep breath, took the x-ray, examined it on the screen and all was fine.

Went back to the waiting room, 5 minutes later a blonde nurse (I think she said her name was Teresa) called me in. She said the doctor was running a little late and so she took my height and weight, listened to my heartbeat, took my blood pressure (which was a little high but she said that happens 95% of the time so nothing to worry about), and then a blood sample, which is only tested for syphilis. This took all of 5 minutes. Finally she went over my vaccination records with me, as Nich-Nick said they asked if I had had chicken pox and waived the varicella vaccination because of this, all my other vaccination records are fine.

Just so everyone is clear about the vaccinations - the form is ALWAYS marked as vaccine history incomplete simply because the Tetanus jab has to be renewed every 10 years - it really is nothing to worry about! The other box ticked on my form says "Applicant may be eligible for blanket waiver(s) because vaccination(s) not medically appropriate (as indicated above). This is because the vaccinations are either marked:

"Not Age Appropriate" e.g. Polio, Rotavirus;

"Completed Series" e.g. MMR (I had first MMR on 20th May so my medical today was within the four week period needed before the 2nd MMR and as such this is waived and marked as complete) and Varicella - because I had chicken pox as a child;

"Insufficient Time Interval" - My Tdap was marked as this because I'll need it in 10 years, it is nothing to be concerned about;

Influenza was marked as a waiver because it is not fall (flu) season.

Anyways I went back to the waiting room to wait for the supposedly delayed doctor, but I was only waiting about 10-15 minutes and then was called by the doctor for the final part of the medical. She was a very nice middle aged English lady. First of all she asked me a few brief questions - brief because I answered no to all of them - like have I ever had back problems, tuberculosis, mental health problems etc. and then she tested my vision. Then she asked me to take off all my clothes except underwear so she could examine me and I hopped up on the medical bed. She literally examined my whole body (including a quick and untroubling examination of my testicles) including my breathing again. After this was done she informed me there were no apparent problems and I was told to return to the waiting room. The whole examination took about 10 minutes.

About 2 minutes later I was called for payment, I paid by visa debit which was quick but not painless (£235!), given my passport, vaccination record and police certificate back and finally and most importantly the completed Vaccination Documentation Worksheet which I will need for my AOS, also known as the DS-3025. They reminded me NOT to send this to the embassy but keep it for when I am in America applying for AOS, so that extra reassurance was appreciated.

All in all I was there for just over an hour. I hope this helps put anyone's fears to rest!

11/01/12 - I-129F sent
11/14/12 - NOA1 (email/text)
11/19/12 - NOA1 (paper)
05/17/13 - NOA2 (email/text)
05/22/13 - NOA2 (paper)
05/29/13 - Case forwarded to NVC
06/04/13 - Case forwarded to US Embassy, London
06/06/13 - Medical
06/12/13 - Packet 3 received
06/13/13 - Packet 3 sent
06/25/13 - Packet 4 received
07/19/13 - Interview
07/26/13 - Visa received
08/09/13 - POE (IAD)
08/31/13 - Wedding heart.gif
10/03/13 - I-485 & I-765 sent
10/10/13 - NOA1 (email/text)
10/15/13 - NOA1 (paper)
11/12/13 - I-485 & I-765 Biometrics

12/03/13 - EAD approval

12/10/13 - EAD received

02/22/14 - Green Card approval
03/01/14 - Green Card received

Question, does anyone what the actual reasons are to not pass a medical?
I didn't pass nor passed but I have to re-do the whole medical because I have pneumonia. They wouldn't tell me that, but I went to the ER today where they told me that and treated me with antibiotics.
Is that really a reason for them to hold back the results and have me to get them re-done in 6 weeks +?
The problem is, as we had to expedite the process because my husband has to return to the US in about 2.5 weeks and as I am here with him on Military orders, I have no where to stay afterwards, nor can afford to live here on my own expenses for that long.
If that is the wrong topic for it, please move. I am just so concerned that I obviously can't find any helpful information as I don't really know what to look for.

Question, does anyone what the actual reasons are to not pass a medical?

I didn't pass nor passed but I have to re-do the whole medical because I have pneumonia. They wouldn't tell me that, but I went to the ER today where they told me that and treated me with antibiotics.

Is that really a reason for them to hold back the results and have me to get them re-done in 6 weeks +?

The problem is, as we had to expedite the process because my husband has to return to the US in about 2.5 weeks and as I am here with him on Military orders, I have no where to stay afterwards, nor can afford to live here on my own expenses for that long.

If that is the wrong topic for it, please move. I am just so concerned that I obviously can't find any helpful information as I don't really know what to look for.

http://www.uscis.gov/ilink/docView/AFM/HTML/AFM/0-0-0-1/0-0-0-17138/0-0-0-17143.html

Perhaps they were not able to clear you for tuberculosis with the murky x-ray. Ring them up and tell them you have a military deadline, an interview, your diagnosis and medication just received. Then say "what can you do to get my medical info to the embassy. I don't have 6 weeks."

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Hopefully this will help, as the lady on the kept saying I have to come back in 6 weeks and whatever else didn't matter to her. But I'll try again now with the diagnosis.
Without them sending the results to the embassy, no interview will be scheduled :(
Thank you, Nich-Nick - you are always so helpful!!

Update:
My husband called them to really make them clear how important it is for them to send the results to the Embassy.
Even the Embassy ( we contacted them before, asking what they could do about it) contacted them to ask why they hold them results back as this is not a reason since it's no tuberculosis.
I did even contact one of the many Visa Medical Doctors in Germany ( as I am German, it was easier to explain my situation) and they even said that they never asked someone to do another medical because of that. If it's no tuberculosis or anything like syphilis, they send the results to the embassy. So to me it just seems like they want to make more money, as this medical in the UK is really expensive.
Now they forward it to I guess the boss of this Knightsbridge Doctors to review everything again and they would contact me on monday. I would have to do a whole new medical and if possible, there is maybe a way for them to see me earlier than 6 weeks.
Keeping my fingers crossed!

Edited by diath

Hopefully you will get some action soon. I forgot you were DCF and didn't already have an interview date assigned by NVC like most of the spouse visas.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Exactly, DCF is what we're doing.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.