Jahan&Veena

London Medical - Knightsbridge Doctors

2,055 posts in this topic

Thanks Nich-Nick. I do already have a few of each size, so I'll take both, but give them a UK one.

Not sure why it say's on the document I quoted above to take US size. They also don't mention anywhere (someone correct me if I'm wrong) to take a police certificate but we all know they want one. How hard can it be to provide a simple list of exactly what they need.......... :wacko:

Thanks Nich-Nick. I do already have a few of each size, so I'll take both, but give them a UK one.

Not sure why it say's on the document I quoted above to take US size. They also don't mention anywhere (someone correct me if I'm wrong) to take a police certificate but we all know they want one. How hard can it be to provide a simple list of exactly what they need.......... :wacko:

Well they tell you about the police certificate on this page http://london.usembassy.gov/immigrant-visas/medical-examination.html

On the instruction page they tell you to check the link on the left for Medical. There's actually a lot of information if you click the links left and right. But I kinow what you mean because they have some descrepancies.

I actually wrote London telling them where they could improve their web instructions with specific links showing things that confuse people all the time or say two different things.

Example: This page for K1s http://london.usembassy.gov/iv_15.html

Note: Forms DS-156 and DS-157 must be completed in duplicate.

And this page http://london.usembassy.gov/kprocessing.html (which hangs up my computer every time)

Form DS-230-1, Part 1, Form DS-156 (in duplicate), Form DS-156K, (in duplicate), Form DS-157 (in duplicate)

So which is it?? One page lists 3 forms in duplicate and the other lists two in duplicate.

Anyway, they didn't answer my inquiry or clear up their webpage.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

I was there today, and they DO need a police cert, and they DON'T tell you - pah - rubbish!

Also, make sure you have official US photos and prepare for the 'gender check'.....!

Ready for my grand ol' timeline? Alrighty then!

10-05-10 - Married in California
06-13-11 - I-130 approved
10-13-11 - CASE COMPLETE!
12-02-11 - Interview - 221g due to a washed passport
12-17-11 - POE - YYC (preclearance in Canada)

2011 to 2013 - Life happened

06-26-13 - Divorce finalized

10-07-13 - I-751 divorce filer paperwork journey begins

07-03-14 - ROC interview - approval pending delayed background checks

07-25-14 - APPROVED! 10 year GC is finally in production!

08-01-14 - 10 year GC in hand. The journey has finally ended. :)

2014 to 2020 - Living paperwork-free and focused on me!

11-09-20 - N-400 filed online - welcome back VJ fam!

6-22-21 - Interview in Nashville, approved! And then...

6-22-21 - Pledge of Allegiance taken. Holy shirtballs I'm a US Citizen.

I've spent so many years in the loving arms of the USCIS, but now it's time to fledge. So long, my friends, may all your journeys also end on the doorstep of whatever you're searching for.

:o

Yep, I'm prepared for the gender check! lol. I've heard varying stories about that....anything from a quick peek to a full inspection! :blink:

How long did your medical take?

45 mins from walking in the building to leaving! The whole check probs took about 20-25 mins, but I had jabs.

Ready for my grand ol' timeline? Alrighty then!

10-05-10 - Married in California
06-13-11 - I-130 approved
10-13-11 - CASE COMPLETE!
12-02-11 - Interview - 221g due to a washed passport
12-17-11 - POE - YYC (preclearance in Canada)

2011 to 2013 - Life happened

06-26-13 - Divorce finalized

10-07-13 - I-751 divorce filer paperwork journey begins

07-03-14 - ROC interview - approval pending delayed background checks

07-25-14 - APPROVED! 10 year GC is finally in production!

08-01-14 - 10 year GC in hand. The journey has finally ended. :)

2014 to 2020 - Living paperwork-free and focused on me!

11-09-20 - N-400 filed online - welcome back VJ fam!

6-22-21 - Interview in Nashville, approved! And then...

6-22-21 - Pledge of Allegiance taken. Holy shirtballs I'm a US Citizen.

I've spent so many years in the loving arms of the USCIS, but now it's time to fledge. So long, my friends, may all your journeys also end on the doorstep of whatever you're searching for.

Had my medical this week. Took about 90 mins. Seen the vacination nurse and xray man quite quickly then about 30-40 min wait for the doctor. There was about 5 other people in at the same time and we all seemed to be taking turns getting things done. A very easy process though, everyone at the practice really friendly and explain things well.

Oh, and they asked for a UK photo. (plus police certificate, passport and vaccination records).

My medical wasn't too long ago but I am posting to say that you should leave a nice amount of time before you have to catch any coaches back home.

If you are traveling via National Express into London you will arrive at Victoria, I got a taxi for only 8.20 (sterling) to Bentinck Mansions. The whole process took around 90 mins for me as there were quite a few people there and waiting.

Was called into have chest xray done, and told to change into a black robe. Ladies take a hair grip/tie. After I chatted a moment and asked a few questions about what he could see on my xray (curiosity gets me every time). Then I was taken, still wearing a robe, to a second waiting room until I was called in to see a quietly spoken Doctor. She asked me a little about my background, I provided a letter for her from my GP stating I had had depression from 2007 and my last prescription related to it was very early 2009.

She weighed me, took my blood pressure, the usual and asked me to lay down.

I didn't have to suffer the indignity of being 'gender' checked. I think mostly because I don't have a deep voice and am well busted. She did have a little trouble finding a vein to take my blood but chatted the entire time about wedding plans and such. All in all a rather pleasant experience and not a hitch.

She told me that my blood results would be with the Embassy by the following Wednesday (3 business days away) and if I didn't hear anything from them before then that all my tests were clear.

I changed and headed out to the reception area to pay the bill, I had to ask the receptionist what the international code for the USA is (I speak to my fiance via Rebtel >_<) She allowed me to call him so she could take his card details for payment.

Afterwards I made my way to Oxford Street and was directed to the number 17 bus stop opposite The House of Frasier. This bus terminates at Victoria. Follow the signs for the coach station, National Express is there :)

Good luck to everyone else, and just remember, leave a decent amount of time (and carry an umbrella!)

K1 Process:

• I-192F: NoA 1 received - March 15, 2011
  • I-192F: NoA 2 received - July 6 - Approved in 113 Days!
  • Packet 3 received - August 1-ish
  • Medical - August 19
  • Packet 3 completed and returned - August 24
  • Packet 3 logged at Embassy - September 21
  • Interview: Oct 26, 2011 - Approved!
  • PoE: Atlanta - November 08
  • Civil Ceremony - December 29

Time : 7 months, 8 days

Adjustment of Status Process:

• Filing AoS - February 17, 2012
  • NoA 1 received - February 23
  • Case transferred to CSC - March 20
  • Biometrics appointment - March 26
  • Wedding - April 6th
  • RFE October 15th, have until January to send in information.
  • Sent back information - December 5th
  • APPROVED! - December 22nd!

Time : 10 months, 6 days

Total Duration of journey : 1 year, 9 months, 8 days.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

My medical wasn't too long ago but I am posting to say that you should leave a nice amount of time before you have to catch any coaches back home.

If you are traveling via National Express into London you will arrive at Victoria, I got a taxi for only 8.20 (sterling) to Bentinck Mansions. The whole process took around 90 mins for me as there were quite a few people there and waiting.

Was called into have chest xray done, and told to change into a black robe. Ladies take a hair grip/tie. After I chatted a moment and asked a few questions about what he could see on my xray (curiosity gets me every time). Then I was taken, still wearing a robe, to a second waiting room until I was called in to see a quietly spoken Doctor. She asked me a little about my background, I provided a letter for her from my GP stating I had had depression from 2007 and my last prescription related to it was very early 2009.

She weighed me, took my blood pressure, the usual and asked me to lay down.

I didn't have to suffer the indignity of being 'gender' checked. I think mostly because I don't have a deep voice and am well busted. She did have a little trouble finding a vein to take my blood but chatted the entire time about wedding plans and such. All in all a rather pleasant experience and not a hitch.

She told me that my blood results would be with the Embassy by the following Wednesday (3 business days away) and if I didn't hear anything from them before then that all my tests were clear.

I changed and headed out to the reception area to pay the bill, I had to ask the receptionist what the international code for the USA is (I speak to my fiance via Rebtel >_<) She allowed me to call him so she could take his card details for payment.

Afterwards I made my way to Oxford Street and was directed to the number 17 bus stop opposite The House of Frasier. This bus terminates at Victoria. Follow the signs for the coach station, National Express is there :)

Good luck to everyone else, and just remember, leave a decent amount of time (and carry an umbrella!)

Could you please tell me roughly how much the medical cost all in? Thanks :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Maybe I got gender checked cause I am really tall... haha

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2011-02-25

I-129F NOA1 : 2011-03-01

I-129F RFE(s) : 2011-06-04

RFE Reply(s) : 2011-06-07

I-129F NOA2 : 2011-06-17

Packet 3 Received : 2011-08-01

Packet 3 Sent : 2011-08-10

Packet 4 Received : 2011-09-08

Interview Date : 2011-09-26 APPROVED

Visa in Hand : 2011-09-30 9.20am

POE (salt lake city) : 2011-10-06

wedding : 2011-11-01

Its almost over!!!

Could you please tell me roughly how much the medical cost all in? Thanks :)

Mine was 210 pounds as I didn't need any shots or anything else :)

K1 Process:

• I-192F: NoA 1 received - March 15, 2011
  • I-192F: NoA 2 received - July 6 - Approved in 113 Days!
  • Packet 3 received - August 1-ish
  • Medical - August 19
  • Packet 3 completed and returned - August 24
  • Packet 3 logged at Embassy - September 21
  • Interview: Oct 26, 2011 - Approved!
  • PoE: Atlanta - November 08
  • Civil Ceremony - December 29

Time : 7 months, 8 days

Adjustment of Status Process:

• Filing AoS - February 17, 2012
  • NoA 1 received - February 23
  • Case transferred to CSC - March 20
  • Biometrics appointment - March 26
  • Wedding - April 6th
  • RFE October 15th, have until January to send in information.
  • Sent back information - December 5th
  • APPROVED! - December 22nd!

Time : 10 months, 6 days

Total Duration of journey : 1 year, 9 months, 8 days.

Well they tell you about the police certificate on this page http://london.usembassy.gov/immigrant-visas/medical-examination.html

On the instruction page they tell you to check the link on the left for Medical. There's actually a lot of information if you click the links left and right. But I kinow what you mean because they have some descrepancies.

I was actually wondering, as the section mention:

Important Notice

Applicants aged 16 and over are required to furnish a U. K. police certificate in support of their immigrant visa application. A copy of this police certificate must be presented to the panel physician on the day of the medical examination.

Is this really ONLY the UK police check? What if I have one from France and Japan should I bring those too? The question is, because my Japan one is still a month and a half away, I would have to wait for it to arrive to schedule my medical? Or can I just go with the UK one I already have?

My CR1 timeline (DCF London):

Jun 27, 2011 - sent in I-130 package to the London Consulate (DCF)

Jun 29, 2011 - I-130 package received at London Consulate (Signed For)

Jul 6, 2011 - NOA1 (confirmation of receipt) by email

Jul 6, 2011 - I-130 payment charged on credit card

Sep 22, 2011 - I-130 approval issued

Sep 27, 2011 - I-130 approval hard copy received

Sep 30, 2011 - Case number received

HOLD

- Medical Scheduled

- Medical Completed

- DS-230I & DS-2001 forms sent back

- DS-230I & DS-2001 forms received at London Consulate

- Interview letter received

- Interview date - APPROVED!!!

- Visa received

- POE: ???

- Social Security Card received

- 2-Year Green card received

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

evening folks! had my medical today. I took my 2 year old son with me as he needed medical also. I had stayed in london last night at a hotel near euston train station, taxi took 15 mins from hotel to knightsbridge doctors. Appointment was at 9.30. Receptionist very friendly and helpful, took all documents and then asked me to go in to waiting area. Since i had luggage with me, she took it and kept in the reception area. Within 5 mins, nurse came out.. very bubbly and chatty young lady. I ended up having 2 jabs and my little man had 3!! bless.. hes a trooper and was pretty gd about it. The biggest sting was the price.. added another 140 pounds on to the bill.

Next was xray guy... he was lovely, got all excited about my sons names.. as they are Scottish, he wanted to know if i knew the meanings and what clan he came from!! lmao... anyway.. xray went well. He said it looked normal but full results would be back in a few days.

Then off to lady doctor for chat about medical history... everything was very quick, she checked me over then my son.

Didnt have the gender check! .... think having my son with me was probably enough confirmation i was a chick and not a dude ;)

Blood got taken.. again told a few days for results. I asked in her opinion was everything ok and she said absolutely fine.

The whole experience was over with for both of us in about an hour. :thumbs:

oh and then the xray guy caught up with us while we was paying and had printed out a load of info on my sons second name for me!

Married 16/04/2011

I130 Sent 28/04/2011

I130 NOA1 03/05/2011

I130 NOA2 26/05/2011

NVC Received Package 01/08/2011

I864 23/08/2011

Completed DS230 30/09/2011

IV Bill Payed 26/08/2011

Case Completed NVC 06/10/2011

Medical 04/11/2011

Interview Date 02/12/2011

<3 <3 Approved!!!!!

POE Newark 13/12/2011

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.