Jahan&Veena

London Medical - Knightsbridge Doctors

2,055 posts in this topic

Hello!

I have a question. We received the hard copy of packet 3 on Saturday. He has already sent everything back to the Embassy except the checklist as of today (we are waiting on the police record). Obviously, we don't have an interview date yet but he has already booked his medical for this Friday so that we can get that done as well. Is it too soon to get the medical done? or do we need to wait until the interview gets scheduled or does it matter? Any information would be greatly appreciated...

Thank you!!!

\\

no it is not to early best to get the medical done as soon as you can

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Thanks! That is what I thought but wanted to make sure....One other thing I noticed is that the chicken vaccination is now available and wasn't earlier in the year in the UK. My fiance had the chicken pox when he was little. He is going to his regular doctor the day before the medical. If his GP can show that he had chicken pox when he was younger is that proof or will have to get the vaccinations anyway?

Thanks! That is what I thought but wanted to make sure....One other thing I noticed is that the chicken vaccination is now available and wasn't earlier in the year in the UK. My fiance had the chicken pox when he was little. He is going to his regular doctor the day before the medical. If his GP can show that he had chicken pox when he was younger is that proof or will have to get the vaccinations anyway?

Just get your doctor to put it on official paper that he had chicken pox as that is what I did and then you can get a waiver for it, dont forget to get the doc to write down any vaccinations that he has had and get the batch numbers, some of my jabs were not shown as my records were so old so I got them again

Timeline

I had my medical this afternoon at Bentinck Mansions. Thought id post a little description of what happened.

Its really easy to find, just a few minutes north of bond street station. You just ring the bell, and say that you have an appointment. They tell you to open the door and its the first right door. I got there 10 minutes early, which seemed to annoy the receptionist as she said I was a bit early!

Anyways, I gave her my passport photo, form, passport, vaccination history, and a coversheet/ letter from my cardiologist to explain my idiopathic atrial flutter last year. She then asked me to take a seat, which I did for 10 mins or so, and then she asked me to fill in another form. You just fill in the top half of page one, and then page 3. Its just more detailed than the online one.

I then left it on the side, and waited for quite a while, probably at least 20 mins before I got called in by the first Dr. She took me into a room, and we talked about my vaccination history. My stupid GP here at home seems to have messed up my records, and her cover letter sates i had different jabs to my actual vaccination list, so I have to get that sorted with my GP >< Anyways, I did need a tetanus booster and so I just had that done today. She gave me that there, and then we had a quick talk about my atrial flutter. Took about 10 minutes with her. She seemed nice enough.

I then went to another room with an extremely friendly guy who did the chest xrays, and asked more about my heart etc. Basically you strip down to nothing on your top half, have your arms put in a weird position behind your back while holding something, and put your chest against a plate and take a deep breath. He also took my weight, and then talked about my heart even more. Took 10 mins. Then I went and took a seat in the waiting room for quite a while longer.

After probably about a 30 min wait. Because of all the talk about my heart, i was starting to get really nervous at this point, wondering why it was taking so long. I know theres nothing wrong with it now, but its still scary, but meh.

Anyways, I finally got called in by a foreign sounding lady, who seemed more serious in what she did, but was nice. She started off asking me all the questions i ticked to double check i guess. One of them I was unsure on and we went through that which was fine. We then discussed my heart allot which got me kinda stressed inside. After that, i had to take off my shoes, then have my height taken, then my weight.

Then I had my eyesight done. I had to stand against the bed and read the second line up on the chart. Then she asked me some questions about my vision etc.

Then she pulled a cover around the bed, asked me to strip down to my undies, and get on the bed. She then came, and took my blood pressure. 200/100. Christ! Ah well, she said i seemed really nervous. She listened to my chest as I did some deep breathing. Then she took my blood, that was fine, i don't mine needles. Then she checked in my undies for quite a while. She asked me to cough a whole bunch of times. I figured she was trying to see if it was going to fall off!!! But figured I was deffinately male and it was all attached :jest:. She then told me to get dressed, and lay on the bed for 5 mins. She then took my blood pressure again after that, which had gone right down to like 130 over 80 I think it was. She said its still a little high, but she said it was down to being really nervous. It did take a while in there cause we were talking a while, but then I went out again to the waiting area. I was then called to pay up, and that was that. Took just under 2 hours. Just have the horrible wait till the interview...

Our Timeline:

4.2006 Met online.

3.26.2008 Became official.

5.14-7.2.2008 Ash's visits Texas. First time we met :D <3<3<3

8.6-28.2008 Haley's first visit to England!

8.13.2008 Meeting with immigration lawyer in London.

11.12-12.2-2008 Ash's visits Texas for Thanksgiving (12.1 Ash proposes!)

12.26.2008-1.13.2009 Haley visits England again, Ash comes back to Texas, too.

1.28.2009 Ash goes back to England :(

2.9.2009 We started I-129F forms!!

2.23.2009 Mailed I-129F =)

2.25.2009 I-129 arrived at VSC

2.26.2009 NOA1

3.2.2009 Check cashed!

3.3.2009 Touched

5.14.2009 Ash visits Texas

6.23.2009 Ash goes back to England, hoping for an NOA2 soon!!

7.15.2009 NOA2 EMAIL!!

7.20.2009 NVC received petition

7.20.2009 Petition sent to London (wow, same day!)

7.21.2009 NOA2 hardcopy received

7.27.2009 Embassy received petition

7.30.2009 Ash got packet 3 :)

8.5.2009-8.24.2009 Haley visits England a third time.

8.27.2009 Packet 3 sent!

9.19.2009 Packet 4 received!!

10.15.2009 Ash's medical

10.20.2009 Haley arrives in England :3

10.22.2009 Interview - Approved! :D

10.30.2009 Visa received

11.16.2009 Ash arrives in Texas!

01.08.2010 Married!

Do you really need to get a letter from your GP stating you have a chicken pox's?

No you do not. The Knightsbridge doctors will usually take your word for it if you remember the age you had chicken pox. Just let the doctor know that you had it at XX age and then he/she will waive your Varicella vaccine.

Visa Journey completed, but we are still here to provide support! :)

Timeline

Its a good idea to still get one though.

Our Timeline:

4.2006 Met online.

3.26.2008 Became official.

5.14-7.2.2008 Ash's visits Texas. First time we met :D <3<3<3

8.6-28.2008 Haley's first visit to England!

8.13.2008 Meeting with immigration lawyer in London.

11.12-12.2-2008 Ash's visits Texas for Thanksgiving (12.1 Ash proposes!)

12.26.2008-1.13.2009 Haley visits England again, Ash comes back to Texas, too.

1.28.2009 Ash goes back to England :(

2.9.2009 We started I-129F forms!!

2.23.2009 Mailed I-129F =)

2.25.2009 I-129 arrived at VSC

2.26.2009 NOA1

3.2.2009 Check cashed!

3.3.2009 Touched

5.14.2009 Ash visits Texas

6.23.2009 Ash goes back to England, hoping for an NOA2 soon!!

7.15.2009 NOA2 EMAIL!!

7.20.2009 NVC received petition

7.20.2009 Petition sent to London (wow, same day!)

7.21.2009 NOA2 hardcopy received

7.27.2009 Embassy received petition

7.30.2009 Ash got packet 3 :)

8.5.2009-8.24.2009 Haley visits England a third time.

8.27.2009 Packet 3 sent!

9.19.2009 Packet 4 received!!

10.15.2009 Ash's medical

10.20.2009 Haley arrives in England :3

10.22.2009 Interview - Approved! :D

10.30.2009 Visa received

11.16.2009 Ash arrives in Texas!

01.08.2010 Married!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Is it possible to book the medical in London for a specific date and time or do you just have to take what is available? It would be good if I could get a time in the afternoon on one of my days off so I wouldn't lose any wages and wouldn't have to stay overnight in London.

Thanks in advance. :thumbs:

bostonharborpanoramabyc.jpg

"Boston is the only major city that if you f*** with them, they will shut down the whole city, stop everything, an find you". Adam Sandler

Is it possible to book the medical in London for a specific date and time or do you just have to take what is available? It would be good if I could get a time in the afternoon on one of my days off so I wouldn't lose any wages and wouldn't have to stay overnight in London.

Thanks in advance. :thumbs:

Yes, it is possible to book the medical for a specific date and time. The sooner you call in advance of the date you wish to have your medical, the better chances you have of getting a time slot and date that fits your schedule. Just call Knightsbridge and find out what is available, they are usually good with giving you the date and time you like. Good luck :thumbs:

Bit of a random question but I'll ask anyway:

I'm taking antibiotics currently (500mg) for sinus problem and chest cough (too be specific). Will I need to explain this to the doctor? Will they question over this.

Best of Luck. Best wishes. Thank you.

Bit of a random question but I'll ask anyway:

I'm taking antibiotics currently (500mg) for sinus problem and chest cough (too be specific). Will I need to explain this to the doctor? Will they question over this.

I'd mention it, but it wont effect your medical.

I was taking strong prescription pain killers (codeine) for a back injury at the time of my medical and I told her this. She didn't even write it down.

K1

PLEASE SEE MY TIMELINE FOR K1 INFORMATION

AOS complete!

08/21/2009 - AOS package sent

08/28/2009 - NOA 1 for AOS, EAD, AP

08/31/2009 - Cheque cashed

09/05/2009 - Biometrics notice received

09/23/2009 - Biometrics Appointment

09/23/2009 - I-485 Transferred to CSC

10/02/2009 - EAD Approved (card production) & AP approved!

10/11/2009 - EAD Card received

10/20/2009 - AOS approved, GC card production ordered! (53 days in total)

10/26/2009 - Green Card received - nearly 11 months to the day of our K1 NOA 1!

11/25/2009 - Started my new job!

02/26/2010 - Passed my driving test :-p

07/20/2011 - Eligible to remove conditions

2012 - Going for citizenship

09/20/2011 - Removal of conditions submitted to VSC....here we go...again!

It's been a quick and relatively painless journey thanks to tireless research, dumb luck and this community :)

DONE with USCIS for a while :)

mnb0ir.png

i had my medical on the 21st Oct... was nice and painless... over in less than an hour, which was good because i was on a tight schedule with catching my train home!

my particular hi-lite of the medical was being asked by the asian lady doctor "right so can i just now confirm your gender?" "ummmm ok" then i had to go behind the curtain and flash her to prove im female!!!

anyone else have this surreal experience??!? haha. please dont tell me its just me, because i'll start having self-esteem issues!

hey at least i can tick that off my list of things to do before i die (flash a stranger) jk! lol!

i had my medical on the 21st Oct... was nice and painless... over in less than an hour, which was good because i was on a tight schedule with catching my train home!

my particular hi-lite of the medical was being asked by the asian lady doctor "right so can i just now confirm your gender?" "ummmm ok" then i had to go behind the curtain and flash her to prove im female!!!

anyone else have this surreal experience??!? haha. please dont tell me its just me, because i'll start having self-esteem issues!

hey at least i can tick that off my list of things to do before i die (flash a stranger) jk! lol!

It is normal procedure for any immigration medical. In addition to verifying gender, they also check for hernias, so if a doctor tells you to cough and examines your personal bits, don't worry the doctor is not crazy, he/she is checking for hernias.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

I had my medical today and was pleasantly surprised! Here's how it went!

I managed to find it quite easily, I got off at bond street and there was a little map thing on the road so I looked that up for Bentinck Street. I only had to walk down the road a little, turn right down James Street then right again at Mandeville Hotel which was on the corner and I appeared at the right place! I pressed the buzzer for #4 and was let straight in.

I was greeted by a Lady with black hair - Her name was Lucy I think and she was very friendly and polite! I had all the vaccines I needed besides from HPV. She informed me that I didn't have to have this and I could get it done elsewhere if I wanted to look around at prices or even leave it till I arrived in the U.S. I asked her if it was possible to have it done there and [of course] she agreed! She explained the side effects, gave me two leaflets and a certificate then sat me down on the bed. It didn't hurt much just ached a lot [i hate needles!] and was over in a second.

She then went to check to see if the X-ray man was available [Not good with names here] and he was so she led me through to his room. He introduced himself, not sure what his name was but he was a shortish black haired man. He asked me to undress waist upwards and put the gown on. I have my nipple pierced so I asked him if this needed to be removed, he said if it's easily removed then yes please if not then it's okay! He asked me to tie my hair up so that it was off my back, then to stand against this metal plate with my chin resting on the top, I had to put my hands behind my back and hold this slightly heavy.. I'm not sure what it was really kind of a heavy cushion. I had to press my shoulders against the metal plate, breathe in and then it was over.

He asked me to grab my stuff and directed me to a waiting room. A different Lady came to get me and asked me to follow her. She directed me to a chair, introduced herself but once again I can't remember her name! She was a blonde lady, quite nice and quiet. Asked me a few questions, Did I drink/smoke/do drugs/ever been in hospital? She asked me to sign over my photo and sign another form, then asked me to remove my jeans, directed me to side of the wall for my height to be taken and then I was weighed. After this I had to read some letters from a board and then lay down on a bed. She shined a light in my eyes, asked me to open my mouth, felt my neck, stomach and then lifted up my underwear to check that "I was a girl". She said I could get dressed and when I was directed me back to the waiting room.. 2 minutes later I was called up to pay £310! £190 for the medical and £120 for HPV Vaccine, Handed a copy of the medical vaccinations form and they all wished me luck!

My appointment was at 10:50am and I was out of there by 11:25am.

Your I-129f was approved in 138 days from your NOA1 date. [4months 2 weeks and 2days!]

29/04/09: I129f Sent.

07/12/09: Interview - Approved!!

24/01/10: POE George Bush Intl Houston - Exactly one year since I saw Travis.

Married 15/04/2010

AOS & EAD

09-06-2010. AoS Packet w/EAD sent with DS-3025.

16-06-2010. NOA1 x2 Received.

09-07-2010. Biometrics Apt.

12-07-2010. Case Transferred to CSC.

21-07-2010. Case Received by CSC.

27-07-2010. Touched~

28-07-2010. Touched.

11-08-2010. EAD Card production ordered

20/10/2010. AoS approved!

28/10/2010. Green Card received! Wooop. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.