Jahan&Veena

London Medical - Knightsbridge Doctors

2,055 posts in this topic

Ahh the famous Magpie! Congrats on getting through AP :) Yes my appointment is at 10:10 tomorrow and I arrive in London at 9... Do you think that would be okay? She told me I needed to follow Map B but as far as I can tell that's the only map available? Unless I'm being my usual self and missing something entirely (namely map A...) Thanks for the prompt reply!

Thank you! :: Giggles :: And didn't know I was famous! In the case of elusive mappage (I know it's not a real word), find your medical packet and you should see a map on Page 3 (Map A) and a map on Page 4 (Map B ). Map B is the one you should be looking at, the bigger on, one the other side of the page. A much better map can be found here. Good luck! It's pretty easy to find.

Magpie.

Edited by KnightAndMagpie

Upon the mountain of that which would undo us, our banner shall fly highest.

For K-1 timeline, please check our story!

:: Before-AOS Timeline ::

2009-06-16: Received SSN

2009-06-18: Got my degree classification! Got a 2:1 =D.

2009-07-04: Got MARRIED on Independance Day in San Antonio!

:: AOS Timeline ::

2009-08-06: Mailed off our AOS packet!

2009-08-10: USCIS received packet, no NOA1 yet

2009-08-14: NOA1, eeee!

2009-09-08: Walk-in biometrics, all done!

2009-09-15: Got AP, woo + driving permit

2009-09-25: Approved for EAD, waiting for card

2009-09-30: EAD in hand :D

2009-10-16: Received interview letter for 20th October :D

2009-10-20: AOS APPROVED!

2009-10-30: Green card in hand! Weeeeeee!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Haha well I've seen you have helped a lot of people in the past so it was nice to finally e-meet you! I found the place (Bentinck mansions?) easily in the end, but my medical didn't go well, at all... But pending a SECOND letter from my GP which I need to fax, the doctor told me it should be okay. There's a warning here to anyone else in future who has a medical history that will affect you at the medical, make sure the letter from your GP is INCREDIBLY detailed because otherwise it's no good apparently!

Just on the off-chance that something goes horribly wrong, what happens if you fail your medical? Really quite worried now. Has it happened to anyone?!

I'm really sorry to hear that your medical didn't go too well. You might want to post this to the 2009 Visa Interview Thread. You might need to offer a little more detail (though I know it can be a pretty personal matter and you may not want to share) in order to get good advice in return. It really depends on the case...I know that one case was denied because someone's husband had issues with alcohol, and I know generally that certain diseases/drug use will result in a denial. I don't want to give out misinformation so please do check that thread or refer people here.

:: Hugs :: Hope it works out for you and you get your approval!

Magpie.

Edited by KnightAndMagpie

Upon the mountain of that which would undo us, our banner shall fly highest.

For K-1 timeline, please check our story!

:: Before-AOS Timeline ::

2009-06-16: Received SSN

2009-06-18: Got my degree classification! Got a 2:1 =D.

2009-07-04: Got MARRIED on Independance Day in San Antonio!

:: AOS Timeline ::

2009-08-06: Mailed off our AOS packet!

2009-08-10: USCIS received packet, no NOA1 yet

2009-08-14: NOA1, eeee!

2009-09-08: Walk-in biometrics, all done!

2009-09-15: Got AP, woo + driving permit

2009-09-25: Approved for EAD, waiting for card

2009-09-30: EAD in hand :D

2009-10-16: Received interview letter for 20th October :D

2009-10-20: AOS APPROVED!

2009-10-30: Green card in hand! Weeeeeee!

Timeline

No no, it was nothing illegal and I've never had an alcohol problem, I accidentally ticked the 'drug use' box and had to explain to the doctor I just made a mistake, was pretty interesting! But I did make a mistake in something with my medical history and only realised it after I got home - so I don't know if my GP's report will show this difference and if it's going to be an issue. I will post it to the other forum and see if I can get any help there. Thanks again Magpie! Really quite lost in myself at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

Medical was fine. They rushed me through as there was a family ahead of me and I was in and out within 30 mins.

I got told off by the Indian doctor for my occasional smoking but I have to say I found her pleasant, efficient and really easy to talk to.

Everything is fine pending blood results. Although I have to get a tetanus shot when i get to America and have this then transcribed by the infamous Dr Arnold in texas. I would have had to have done this anyway as I was deferring my HPV vaccination because I will be 27 by the time I go to adjust status.

The blonde receptionist was having a good day, as she was really sweet to me and I am happy to report that my Dr was able to confirm something I have known all along.

I am female.

Edited by Ellie-and-David

K1

PLEASE SEE MY TIMELINE FOR K1 INFORMATION

AOS complete!

08/21/2009 - AOS package sent

08/28/2009 - NOA 1 for AOS, EAD, AP

08/31/2009 - Cheque cashed

09/05/2009 - Biometrics notice received

09/23/2009 - Biometrics Appointment

09/23/2009 - I-485 Transferred to CSC

10/02/2009 - EAD Approved (card production) & AP approved!

10/11/2009 - EAD Card received

10/20/2009 - AOS approved, GC card production ordered! (53 days in total)

10/26/2009 - Green Card received - nearly 11 months to the day of our K1 NOA 1!

11/25/2009 - Started my new job!

02/26/2010 - Passed my driving test :-p

07/20/2011 - Eligible to remove conditions

2012 - Going for citizenship

09/20/2011 - Removal of conditions submitted to VSC....here we go...again!

It's been a quick and relatively painless journey thanks to tireless research, dumb luck and this community :)

DONE with USCIS for a while :)

mnb0ir.png

If you can get your Tdap from your GP here, Dr Arnold will transcribe that onto the form for you from the record card your GP gives you and the vaccination shouldn't cost anything here.

K1 Journey

I-129F Sent : 2nd July 2008

NOA1 : 25th July 2008

NOA2 : 28th November 2008

NVC Received : 2nd December 2008

NVC Left : 12th January 2009

Consulate Received : 26th January 2009

Packet 3 Sent : 27th January 2009

Interview: 19th February 2009

Visa in hand : 24th February 2009

Flew to US: 28th February 2009

Wedding Day 10th March 2009 in snowy Colorado

AOS Journey

AOS package sent : 24th March 2009

NOA: 31st March 2009

AOS transferred to CSC: 13th April 2009

Biometrics Appt: 23rd April 2009

AOS approved 13th May 2009

Green Card received 9th June 2009

Stuck in AP at NVC thread

UK AOS Progress Timeline

If you can get your Tdap from your GP here, Dr Arnold will transcribe that onto the form for you from the record card your GP gives you and the vaccination shouldn't cost anything here.

OOOOOOOO!!! Thanks for the tip. I didn't know if Doc Arnold would transcribe an english one! Thanks for that!

K1

PLEASE SEE MY TIMELINE FOR K1 INFORMATION

AOS complete!

08/21/2009 - AOS package sent

08/28/2009 - NOA 1 for AOS, EAD, AP

08/31/2009 - Cheque cashed

09/05/2009 - Biometrics notice received

09/23/2009 - Biometrics Appointment

09/23/2009 - I-485 Transferred to CSC

10/02/2009 - EAD Approved (card production) & AP approved!

10/11/2009 - EAD Card received

10/20/2009 - AOS approved, GC card production ordered! (53 days in total)

10/26/2009 - Green Card received - nearly 11 months to the day of our K1 NOA 1!

11/25/2009 - Started my new job!

02/26/2010 - Passed my driving test :-p

07/20/2011 - Eligible to remove conditions

2012 - Going for citizenship

09/20/2011 - Removal of conditions submitted to VSC....here we go...again!

It's been a quick and relatively painless journey thanks to tireless research, dumb luck and this community :)

DONE with USCIS for a while :)

mnb0ir.png

I am happy to report that my Dr was able to confirm something I have known all along.

I am female.

I was delighted at the news also.

:dancing:

Hi everyone! John's medical exam was today, and it went well-- exactly to script as many of you have posted. However, I was a bit concerned the night before because he reminded me that he had a brief hospitalization in 2003 (iffy on that date). The hospital stay was for one night; they thought he had an ulcer, performed tests, and he didn't. They sent him home the next day and he didn't have any symptoms after that. Anyway, I'd forgotten about the hospitalization until he started the fill out the questionnaire, and we (okay, I) panicked because we hadn't sent off for the hospitalization record, and I thought for sure that the clinic would insist on having documentation because "yes" was checked on the form.

However, they didn't want it. The doctor (the pretty blonde one) was satisfied with John's verbal account of the brief mystery illness, and no further letter/records were requested.

And yes, she checked to make sure he had the appropriate equipment in his shorts! Thank goodness I prepared him for that in advance! (VJ is a godsend.)

US Entry: 06-27-2009
Marriage: 08-14-2009
Conditional Green Card in Hand: 12-21-2009
I-751 filed: 09-16-2011
Conditions lifted: 10-16-2012
N-400 filed: 10-28-2013
N-400 approved: 03-06-2014

US Citizen: 03-21-2014

Timeline

An update for you all, I passed my medical!!! The second letter that my GP sent was obviously enough and according to knightsbridge it was passed on to the embassy last week. I can't believe it! Over the moon right now. Just for some clarification, that's the end of it for now? I'm just waiting for them to call up and say that it wasn't right and they made a mistake! Thanks to everyone who offered me a helping hand, appreciate it. Good luck to everyone else who has medicals coming up!

Sam.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

hi all, i know this is a stupid question but i'm in a bit of a pickel :(

do they request your medical records for your visa medical?? the thing is i stupidly lied to my doctor back in 1999 (ish), i'd lost my job and because it was my fault i couldn't claim benifits and was having trouble paying my rent, so i took the advice of a friend and faked depression to my doctor so i could go on the sick for a couple of weeks (yes looking back it was stupid) the thing is as part of my story i said i couldn't sleep and was using cannabis to help.! the doctor was very nice signed me on the sick for 3 weeks and gave me some tablets to help me sleep(which i binned)... the thing is how do i explain this at the medical as i never used drugs and have never really been depressed??

im in a panic now because im going to have to book my medical soon and dont want to lie but dont really want to admit i lied to my GP either....

its amazing how these li'l things can come back to bite you...

Edited by aidy

do they request your medical records for your visa medical?? the thing is i stupidly lied to my doctor back in 1999 (ish), i'd lost my job and because it was my fault i couldn't claim benifits and was having trouble paying my rent, so i took the advice of a friend and faked depression to my doctor so i could go on the sick for a couple of weeks (yes looking back it was stupid) the thing is as part of my story i said i couldn't sleep and was using cannabis to help.! the doctor was very nice signed me on the sick for 3 weeks and gave me some tablets to help me sleep(which i binned)... the thing is how do i explain this at the medical as i never used drugs and have never really been depressed??

im in a panic now because im going to have to book my medical soon and dont want to lie but dont really want to admit i lied to my GP either....

You will automatically be denied a K-1 if you admit to drug use at your K-1 medical, also possibly resulting in a 3 year ban or more. Also, the fact that your depression was documented by your GP may lead to the Knightsbridge doctors requesting for more information from your GP or a psychological evaluation of your current state; that is if you mark that you suffered from depression in the past on the medical checklist for your K-1 medical. No, you should not lie or conceal the truth in anyway, but you said that you initially lied about use of drugs and depression and now if you said you did not ever use drugs or never were suffering from depression you would be telling the truth--but you have documented evidence to prove otherwise (if anyone asked your GP). I don't really know what to tell you...but I have just laid out the facts here and hope that you can make an ethical decision for yourself.

Visa Journey completed, but we are still here to provide support! :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

You will automatically be denied a K-1 if you admit to drug use at your K-1 medical, also possibly resulting in a 3 year ban or more. Also, the fact that your depression was documented by your GP may lead to the Knightsbridge doctors requesting for more information from your GP or a psychological evaluation of your current state; that is if you mark that you suffered from depression in the past on the medical checklist for your K-1 medical. No, you should not lie or conceal the truth in anyway, but you said that you initially lied about use of drugs and depression and now if you said you did not ever use drugs or never were suffering from depression you would be telling the truth--but you have documented evidence to prove otherwise (if anyone asked your GP). I don't really know what to tell you...but I have just laid out the facts here and hope that you can make an ethical decision for yourself.

thanks for the info MARM, i'm applying for the CR-1 does that make any difference?

i'd be happy to get a letter from my GP stating my good mental condition and even admit to cannabis use as its it my medical records but would this get me a ban being so long ago? my blood test will show i have nothing in my system which has to be a good thing surely.?

thanks for the info MARM, i'm applying for the CR-1 does that make any difference?

i'd be happy to get a letter from my GP stating my good mental condition and even admit to cannabis use as its it my medical records but would this get me a ban being so long ago? my blood test will show i have nothing in my system which has to be a good thing surely.?

Yes, any visa, K-1, CR-1, etc will be automatically denied if you admit to drug use at the medical. It is a good idea to get a letter from your GP stating that you are in stable and good mental condition, but I am not so sure about mentioning or admitting the drug use...even after doing blood drug tests and having negative results, there have been people that have been denied the visa. I don't know if you have already, but search for drug use bans/ medical experiences on this site and you will find a lot of info from people with experiences regarding your issue. And once again, drug use, irrelevant if it is K-1 or CR-1 does result in automatic denial if admitted, and if not admitted but found, there are severer penalties. I wish you good luck, and I am sure someone will come along with suggestions on what to do, or as I said, search on this forum and you will find plenty of info. Also check out the Waivers and Processes section as well.

Visa Journey completed, but we are still here to provide support! :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.