Jahan&Veena

London Medical - Knightsbridge Doctors

2,055 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

With regard to needing additional letters from your doctor if you have had surgery - I had laproscopic stomach surgery (successful) about 5 years ago and at the medical the doctor just asked a few questions about it and moved on. No additional info requested.

*** N400 Citizenshi🇺🇸

Filed online: Apr 16, 2022

Interview APPROVED: Sep 28, 2022

Oath Ceremony: Sep 28, 2022

I-751 Green Card ROC

Mailed: Dec 6, 2018

Interview APPROVED: Oct 12, 2021 

EAD / AP / AOS

Filed at Chicago Lockbox: Mar 4, 2016

EAD and AP APPROVED: Apr 26, 2016

Green Card interview APPROVED: Dec 12, 2016

K1 - UK to USA

Proposed: Aug 7, 2015

Mailed I-129F: Aug 18, 2015

K1 visa APPROVED: Dec 2, 2015

P.O.E. @ Las Vegas: Jan 10, 2016

Elvis Wedding: Feb 19, 2016

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Thought I'd share my experience with you all.

I got off at Bond Street underground station, and with the help of google maps on my iphone I managed to track down the office in about 10 mins.
Once I arrived, I was seen exactly at my appointment time (I waited in the waiting room for about 10 mins as I had got there a little early) I was taken to a room by a friendly man who explained he would be doing my Chest X-ray. I told him straight away that I'm 8 weeks pregnant and so very anxious. He was really sympathetic and understanding and spent about 20 minutes explaining how low the risk was to the baby and showed me research and statistics on his computer which I thought was really nice of him. He also said that if he believed there was a real risk then as a doctor he would not be performing the X-rays on pregnant women - he'd simply refuse to do it, which helped to reassure me. Still found it quite daunting having to sign a consent form to say that I understand there is no way to completely ride out all risk from the X-ray to an unborn foetus :-/ But hey ho it's done now & I was given the lead to hold in my abdomen area so just need to pray about it.
Next was off to a lovely female doctor who went through my completed checklist and just confirmed whether or not I had ever taken recreational drugs, been convicted of anything overseas (as my UK police record was clean) and then signed it off for me. She asked how many weeks pregnant I was and didn't ask for any evidence luckily, because I decided against paying £25 for a private GP letter but did take my hospital notes in case they asked. (Which nobody did) She tested my eye sight, looked in my ears, checked inside my mouth, listened to my heart, my lungs, felt my arms and legs, asked about any moles, and then took a peak in my underwear (I'm guessing to ensure I'm female?!) and that was it!
Last stop was a quick chat with one of the nurses to go through my vaccination history. It was all fine except for my measles but I'm pregnant so she marked it ("C) contraindication so I will not need to worry about it at all, and also mentioned that I can decide if I want to do the flu vaccination, and if I choose to do it here before I go to the US just to get a receipt/note of it. But if not, as long as I do my AoS after March and before October I won't need it. So I'm pretty confident I might be able to get away with not having it done (yay!)
Before I left, the man who did my X-ray said that I'm obliged to send a pic of the baby to them, which I thought was sweet, and after just being there an hour, I paid and left.
Phew, just so glad it's all done,and relieved they all seemed to be very friendly and nice. (They should be for £250 a pop!)

Our Journey :goofy:

5/23/2015 - Met my love in the US of A

9/21/2015 - Sent off i-129f!

9/25/2015 - Received NOA1

10/27/2015 - Received NOA2!!!!! :dancing:

11/11/2015- Package received by NVC

11/12/2015- Got our case number

12/09/2015 - Medical

01/13/2016 - Interview & APPROVED! :) :dance:

5/17/2016 - Flight booked!!! The big move is finally here!

5/21/2016 - We got marrieddddddddd :wub:

Filing for Adjustment of Status

5/27/2016 - Applied for SSN and changed to married name - (still not received)

6/8/2016- Filed AoS (I-765, I -131, I 485)

6/13/2016 - AoS Received

6/25/2016- NoA

9/20/2016 - EAD & Advanced parole card received!

10/2/2016 - Green card received!!!! :star:

Removal of Conditions

9/21/2018 - Filed package to Texas via USPS priority mail

9/24/2018- Package delivered confirmed

10/19/2018 - i-551 stamp at infopass appointment

10/26/2018 - 18 month extension receipt notice received

zzflag017.gif united-states-flag.gif

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

If I get my LDN* number from the NVC, am I able to call up Knightsbridge to organise a medical?

Will it cause problems if my file hasn't even been sent to London yet from the NVC?

Simon.

Edited by simonschus

Hi all,

If I get my LDN* number from the NVC, am I able to call up Knightsbridge to organise a medical?

Will it cause problems if my file hasn't even been sent to London yet from the NVC?

Simon.

They ask for the number so if you have it, then they will let you make the appointment. But you will need your police certificate before attending and I HIGHLY suggest you get your immunizations sorted before attending.

You want your case to be in London before the medical, so don't book anything for next week. When your CEAC status say "Ready" is a good time to call for your appointment, assuming you have the police certificate and your shots done. Did you see the pinned thread in this forum for K1s? It starts with a list of things to do before your file gets to London.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

They ask for the number so if you have it, then they will let you make the appointment. But you will need your police certificate before attending and I HIGHLY suggest you get your immunizations sorted before attending.

You want your case to be in London before the medical, so don't book anything for next week. When your CEAC status say "Ready" is a good time to call for your appointment, assuming you have the police certificate and your shots done. Did you see the pinned thread in this forum for K1s? It starts with a list of things to do before your file gets to London.

Hi Nich-Nick,

Thank you for your help on this. Yes, I've got the Police Certificate and have an appointment for the shots to be done at my local surgery this week.

You mention that "You want your case to be in London before the medical, so don't book anything for next week." Do you (or anybody) know what would happen if I had the medical and the results were sent to the embassy before the case from the NVC had arrived? Would this delay anything at all? Or are the results brought when the readiness form is submitted?

James.

Hi Nich-Nick,

Thank you for your help on this. Yes, I've got the Police Certificate and have an appointment for the shots to be done at my local surgery this week.

You mention that "You want your case to be in London before the medical, so don't book anything for next week." Do you (or anybody) know what would happen if I had the medical and the results were sent to the embassy before the case from the NVC had arrived? Would this delay anything at all? Or are the results brought when the readiness form is submitted?

James.

Knightsbridge want to see the letter from the Embassy that is sent to you when your file arrives with them (packet 3), I think I have seen somewhere that they let someone fax/email this after the medical but I guess that they don't send the results over until they have seen it.

It doesn't take long for the file to get from NVC to London and when I booked my medical in Dec there was loads of availability so don't panic :)

London will send you the interview date once they have everything, your file, the DS160, notification of readiness and the medical results so now is a good time to be making sure you have everything you need for the interview too :)

Everything crossed for a smooth and stress free journey

Hi Nich-Nick,

James.

People have done that, but I personally think having your file at least in London (before they get medical results that don't match to anybody they have heard of yet), is a safer practice. They set an order in their instructions that they think makes the process flow most efficiently. Mess around with that too much and maybe things get separated or put aside and you wait longer to get an appointment letter because of it. And maybe not. You are supposed to wait for your letter. Waiting at least until your online status says "ready" is a little push already. Having results arrive when your case is still in the US is further outside the box. Your choice.

Knightsbridge says you have to bring your letter from London. They don't enforce it. In am aware of plenty who didn't have it or never got it. Knightsbridge did not send them away or hold the results until they got it.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

We got hold of the LND number from NVC and then predicted approx. when our case would leave the USA and head to london, booking the medical for around that date, anticipating it would take a few days to arrive and get logged in london, also knowing the medical results would take 4 days to get to the embassy.

We also paid the fee and sent the readiness, aiming everything at this estimated 'arrival date'.

I had nothing but the LND code written down for the medical (no letter. no nothing. no problem)

It worked a treat for us... and my interview was far sooner than initially anticipated.

Obviously it's YOUR case - and gambling with things arriving out of the recommended order is to be carefully weighed up against waiting a few more days until london is 'ready'

All detailed in timeline below.

Good luck!

Edited by Heather&Kevin

*** N400 Citizenshi🇺🇸

Filed online: Apr 16, 2022

Interview APPROVED: Sep 28, 2022

Oath Ceremony: Sep 28, 2022

I-751 Green Card ROC

Mailed: Dec 6, 2018

Interview APPROVED: Oct 12, 2021 

EAD / AP / AOS

Filed at Chicago Lockbox: Mar 4, 2016

EAD and AP APPROVED: Apr 26, 2016

Green Card interview APPROVED: Dec 12, 2016

K1 - UK to USA

Proposed: Aug 7, 2015

Mailed I-129F: Aug 18, 2015

K1 visa APPROVED: Dec 2, 2015

P.O.E. @ Las Vegas: Jan 10, 2016

Elvis Wedding: Feb 19, 2016

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I had a tiny sebaceous cyst when I was 16 which was removed at the time because it looked ugly - sebaceous cysts are not dangerous in any way and it was an aesthetic issue as it was on my face! That was 13 years ago. The operation to remove was 20 minutes in length, with a local anaesthetic, I was in/out within 2 hours, and I've not ever thought of it since.

Would I need to declare this at the K-1 medical? Would I likely face any problems or have to provide documentation from my GP?

Simon.

Edited by simonschus

Hi all,

I had a tiny sebaceous cyst when I was 16 which was removed at the time because it looked ugly - sebaceous cysts are not dangerous in any way and it was an aesthetic issue as it was on my face! That was 13 years ago. The operation to remove was 20 minutes in length, with a local anaesthetic, I was in/out within 2 hours, and I've not ever thought of it since.

Would I need to declare this at the K-1 medical? Would I likely face any problems or have to provide documentation from my GP?

Simon.

I had a similar thing out of my neck and didn't even think of it, they won't delve into anything like that.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Just clarifying after SLIGHT panic - Our LND case was created on Dec 15th.... it was last updated on Dec. 29th to READY. This means London has our case, correct? My fiance has not received a letter and he has the medical scheduled for Tuesday (Feb 2nd)!!! I'm reading that this can go either way?

I'm the US Petitioner

10.23.2015: I-129F Sent

11.04.2015: NOA1

12.01.2015: NOA2

12.14.2015: NVC Received

12.15.2015: LND Case Number Received

12.29.2015: Case Received at London Embassy

02.02.2016: Medical

02.03.2016: Readiness form submitted

03.14.2016: Interview! - Approved!

05.11.2016: POE

Just clarifying after SLIGHT panic - Our LND case was created on Dec 15th.... it was last updated on Dec. 29th to READY. This means London has our case, correct? My fiance has not received a letter and he has the medical scheduled for Tuesday (Feb 2nd)!!! I'm reading that this can go either way?

A lot of people never receive their packet 3. In most cases this won't matter, as long as you know your case number. Some people have taken a screen shot of the READY status. It's not the applicant's fault that they never received the letter from the tardy embassy. ;)

London embassy website recently changed but the process is the same. What would be contained in packet 3 are the following instructions listed on this website: https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/fiancee-2/applying-for-the-visa/

And as always check over this handy K1 guide for the UK http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/474161-london-k1-a-complete-guide-do-not-post-questions-in-thread/

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

Hi all,

I've got my medical scheduled for next week, have already submitted the DS-160 form, have my LND number, have status as 'Ready', have documented my relevant vaccinations as well as I can, and I have all the other relevant documents that I think are necessary for the interview (police certificate; passport-style photographs; the NOA2 physical copy; I also have all the relevant I-134 documents from my partner and a range of other evidence which I'll update as time moves on).

Am I right in thinking that I can submit the readiness form now given that the medical is scheduled? The reason why I ask this is because of the wording on the readiness form implies that that the medical only needs to be scheduled rather than to have been completed. I offer some excerpts from the relevant forms which lead me to this inference:

Invitation page: https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/family-immigration/iv-notification-of-app-readiness/

• "If you have completed the online nonimmigrant visa application form DS-160 for each person applying for a K visa and you are in possession of all of the documents required in support of your application(s), you should click on the Notification of Applicant Readiness Form link at the bottom of the page and follow the instructions."
  • "An appointment will not be scheduled for you unless the Immigrant Visa Unit has received your medical examination."

None of the above excerpt imply that the medical needs to be completed before completing the form

• The wording of one of the check boxes is "I have scheduled an appointment with Knightsbridge Doctors." and then asks for the date of the appointment.

Again, I take this as an implication that the medical only needs to be scheduled in order to submit the notification of readiness form (and that when the medical is receive, an interview will be schedule and a letter will eventually be sent out).

Are there any implications for me submitting the form today despite the medical being next week? Slow the case down, or no impact?

Thanks all for your thoughts and comments in advance, irrespective of if being "sure, go ahead" or a "just wait, you fool!" :)

Simon.

Edited by simonschus

Submit the readiness. It is telling them you have all the documents in hand and are "ready" to come as soon as you are given an appointment. As they note, the appointment won't be given out until they receive your medical results from Knightsbridge. The medical date supplied lets them know you have made the arrangements for next week.

In a different scenario if say you submitted readiness a week after medical. They would see you have all your documents in hand and based on the medical date, the results are likely already at the embassy. So they can go pull your medical results and put you in the interview scheduling queue.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.