Jahan&Veena

London Medical - Knightsbridge Doctors

2,055 posts in this topic

Hmm now I'm starting panicing a bit.. My medical examination is in 2 weeks, and recently I find out that to get my vaccination records is almost mission imposible.. I grow up not in England, so need to get my reccords from family doctor... All vaccinations from the list (execpt 3 ) were compulsory when I was child in my country, but now I can get records only after medical examination, if only I will get it at all... If I don't will they force me to have all vaccinations again? Most of them are children vaccinations.. I don't know what to do...

You could always reschedule your medical?

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hmm now I'm starting panicing a bit.. My medical examination is in 2 weeks, and recently I find out that to get my vaccination records is almost mission imposible.. I grow up not in England, so need to get my reccords from family doctor... All vaccinations from the list (execpt 3 ) were compulsory when I was child in my country, but now I can get records only after medical examination, if only I will get it at all... If I don't will they force me to have all vaccinations again? Most of them are children vaccinations.. I don't know what to do...

You shouldn't have to have all of the vaccination required for children. As an adult you (to my knowledge) you will require to show proof of the following...

• Td or Tdap - Tetanus/diptheria/pertussis or get DT, DTP or DtaP and it will be accepted for AOS also. The latest shot must be no longer than 10 years ago or you need a booster. If you have a record of receiving pertussis, then the Td is okay for the booster.
  • MMR - (if born in 1957 or later)-Mumps/measles/rubella. It's two doses in your life, but if you get the first dose, and 4 weeks haven't passed by your medical, they will waive the second dose for "insufficient time interval". If you only had one dose as a child, get a second one before the medical.
  • Varicella - Not routinely given in the UK . A history of having chickenpox excuses you from the shot. They take your word for it at the visa medical exam.

Influenza is also needed October onwards (winter season).

​I shown a printout from my doctors that shows I had the above vacsinations when I was younger and this seemed sufficient. Maybe ask your doctor to email a copy of your vaccination records over to you? That should be fine, theres no hard and fast rule for providing evidence of vaccinations. From what I've gathered if Knightsbridge are happy with the evidence you provide your all good.

​If you can't provide detail of the vaccinations try and get your NHS doctor in the UK to give you the shots. Tell them its for traveling, you should save a lot of money doing this.

Childhood vaccinations are not required only if you can show proof that you have already had them (including dates). If you can't obtain and show proof, then you will have to get them done again, or have the adult formulation alternative if one is available. I can't see any other way round this. You have to provide documentary evidence one way or another to meet US immigration vaccination requirements.

Best schedule an appointment with your GP to discuss this. I believe that you can also have blood tests to prove immunity, which might suffice if you can get all these immunities documented. Check the cost of the blood tests though, as it might work out cheaper to just have the shots again.

Edited by ChasUno

N400 Naturalization

Applied - 07/21/2022

NOA - 07/21/2022

Biometrics - Re-used

Interview - 11/03/2022 (Passed!)

Oath Ceremony - 11/08/2022

You do not have to catch up on baby shots or provide details of them. If you have a record of them, they will put the dates on your form. If you have a record, you may already be covered for some of the immigration shots. If your records are in another country, then don't worry about it.

No need to panic or put off your appointment if you don't mind having two shots.

1) Tdap (adult version) to cover tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis. You may also take DTP (child version) but your doctor may not give it to you because it is considered too strong for adults. Both shots immunize against the three diseases. Capital letters mean a stronger dose D vs d and P vs p. T is strong in both. Immigration will accept either.

2) MMR to cover mumps, measles, rubella.

The other adult Immigrations shots are--

Varicella- which you can tell Knightsbridge you had chickenpox and they will mark a waiver. Be sure and tell them to mark "Varicella history" on your form. They may not ask, so your responsibility to tell them.

Influenza- which you skip because July is not during flu season. Make sure they mark your sheet with "not flu season".

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Don't forget that the UK "DTP" is different to the USA "DTP". The "P" in the UK version is for "Polio", whereas that "P" in the USA version is for "Pertussis". I was given the UK DTP to cover me for the 10 year Diptheria and Tetanus. I had the Pertussis vaccine as a child, so didn't need another shot of it, and the Polio vaccine I was given again was unnecessary. However, as the "D" and "T" that I needed came in a combined vaccine with Polio, that was the one they decided to give to me.

If you haven't had the Pertussis (whooping cough) vaccine as a child, the UK DTP won't be sufficient for US immigration. You will need to somehow get the pertussis vaccine. However, it also seems that many have a lot of problems with getting the Pertussis vaccine as an adult in the UK (unless if you are pregnant I believe).

Edited by ChasUno

N400 Naturalization

Applied - 07/21/2022

NOA - 07/21/2022

Biometrics - Re-used

She has no childhood records. She needs to be immunized for tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis whether it be adult formula or child formula. Pay at the visa medical exam is easiest way to get it. Or go to Boots or a private travel clinic and pay if her current GP won't give it.

Adults do not need Polio vaccine.

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Tell your GP you're travelling not immigrating and that you need the shots for a travel visa. It's what I did and got all the shots I needed for free. I should have paid for the flu jab, but only realised when I was on the bus home that they forgot to charge me...whoops! I got lucky with the shots. Knightsbridge is a rip off, try and get them before you go!

Citizenship Process Timeline: 

Citizenship Process [1 year, 1 month and 1 day to Naturalization Certificate]

03.22.2020 - N400 sent (online)

03.22.2020 - NOA1 Received (online)

03.27.2020 - NOA1 Received (mail)

09.05.2020 - Biometrics appointment scheduled (online)

09.24.2020 - Biometrics appointment

02.02.2021 - Interview Scheduled (online)

02.06.2021 - Interview Letter Received (mail)

03.10.2021 - Interview - Approved

03.10.2021 - Oath Ceremony Scheduled (online)

03.16.2021 - Oath Ceremony Letter Received (mail)

04.23.2021 - Oath Ceremony

I am the beneficiary

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I also didn't grow up in England and I had blood tests done recently to check which vaccinations I had as a child. I will be bringing the print out of the results from my doctor to the medical exam.

Then after a bit of prodding and squeezing, the genital examination, which was quick and only a tiny bit awkward! The doctor said, "This is the part that everyone hates", to which I responded "Nah, I think the worst part is paying!".

I would have gladly paid double to not have to go through the genital exam again :D Mine wasn't very quick and I had to pull everything down, spread my legs, the works. I thought it would just be a quick peek but I think my doctor was extra thorough, lol.

ROC from CR-1 visa (Green Card expiration date was Nov 24th 2016)

Link to the evidence I submitted. Be sure to send evidence spanning your entire marriage (especially for K-1) or as far back as you can. Just one or two bank statements will not cut it. I primarily focused on the two years of living here since I came in on a CR-1. If you don't have the fundamentals (i.e. joint accounts/policies), you can explain why in the covering letter. E.g. "While we do not have joint utilities, we both contribute to them from our joint bank account".

September 26th 2016: I-751 package sent to CSC

September 28th 2016: Package delivered
September 30th 2016: Check cashed
October 3rd 2016: NOA1 received with receipt date of 09/28/16
November 3rd 2016: Biometrics received with appointment date of 11/14/16.
November 14th 2016: Attended biometrics appointment
October 30th 2017: Infopass appointment to get I-551 stamp
February 26th 2018: I-751 case number (aka the NOA1 receipt number) becomes trackable
March 14th 2018: Submitted service request due to being outside of processing time.

March 15th 2018: ROC approved. 535 days (1 year, 5 months and 17 days)

March 29th 2018: Card being produced

April 4th 2018: Card mailed out

April 6th 2018: Card in hand. Has incorrect "resident since" date. Submitted service request on I-751 case (typographical error on permanent resident card) and an I-90 online.

April 2018 - August 7th 2018: Tons of service requests, emails and now senator involvement to get my corrected green card back because what the heck, USCIS. Also some time in May I sent a letter to Potomac telling them I want to withdraw my I-90 since CSC were handling it.

August 8th 2018: Card in production thanks to the direct involvement of Senator Sherrod Brown's team

August 13th 2018: Card mailed

August 15th 2018: Card in hand with correct date. :joy:

October 31st 2018: Potomac sends out a notice stating they have closed out my I-90 per my request. Yay for no duplicate card drama.

Don't forget that the UK "DTP" is different to the USA "DTP". The "P" in the UK version is for "Polio", whereas that "P" in the USA version is for "Pertussis". I was given the UK DTP to cover me for the 10 year Diptheria and Tetanus. I had the Pertussis vaccine as a child, so didn't need another shot of it, and the Polio vaccine I was given again was unnecessary. However, as the "D" and "T" that I needed came in a combined vaccine with Polio, that was the one they decided to give to me.

If you haven't had the Pertussis (whooping cough) vaccine as a child, the UK DTP won't be sufficient for US immigration. You will need to somehow get the pertussis vaccine. However, it also seems that many have a lot of problems with getting the Pertussis vaccine as an adult in the UK (unless if you are pregnant I believe).

I have no record of pertussis jabs in my life, just DTP (polio) in the 90s and Tdap (again Polio) in 2005 and I was good to go. I'm here and no one has arrested me for any suspicious coughing. Yet.

ROC from CR-1 visa (Green Card expiration date was Nov 24th 2016)

Link to the evidence I submitted. Be sure to send evidence spanning your entire marriage (especially for K-1) or as far back as you can. Just one or two bank statements will not cut it. I primarily focused on the two years of living here since I came in on a CR-1. If you don't have the fundamentals (i.e. joint accounts/policies), you can explain why in the covering letter. E.g. "While we do not have joint utilities, we both contribute to them from our joint bank account".

September 26th 2016: I-751 package sent to CSC

September 28th 2016: Package delivered
September 30th 2016: Check cashed
October 3rd 2016: NOA1 received with receipt date of 09/28/16
November 3rd 2016: Biometrics received with appointment date of 11/14/16.
November 14th 2016: Attended biometrics appointment
October 30th 2017: Infopass appointment to get I-551 stamp
February 26th 2018: I-751 case number (aka the NOA1 receipt number) becomes trackable
March 14th 2018: Submitted service request due to being outside of processing time.

March 15th 2018: ROC approved. 535 days (1 year, 5 months and 17 days)

March 29th 2018: Card being produced

April 4th 2018: Card mailed out

April 6th 2018: Card in hand. Has incorrect "resident since" date. Submitted service request on I-751 case (typographical error on permanent resident card) and an I-90 online.

April 2018 - August 7th 2018: Tons of service requests, emails and now senator involvement to get my corrected green card back because what the heck, USCIS. Also some time in May I sent a letter to Potomac telling them I want to withdraw my I-90 since CSC were handling it.

August 8th 2018: Card in production thanks to the direct involvement of Senator Sherrod Brown's team

August 13th 2018: Card mailed

August 15th 2018: Card in hand with correct date. :joy:

October 31st 2018: Potomac sends out a notice stating they have closed out my I-90 per my request. Yay for no duplicate card drama.

I have no record of pertussis jabs in my life, just DTP (polio) in the 90s and Tdap (again Polio) in 2005 and I was good to go. I'm here and no one has arrested me for any suspicious coughing. Yet.

This is where it gets ambiguous, because "Tdap" in the UK would not contain the Polio vaccine. The "ap" means (in USA terms) "acellular pertussis". My vaccination worksheet showed that I allegedly had "DTP" in 1997. This can't be correct, as the UK formula contains "Diptheria, Tetanus and Polio", whereas the USA version contains "Diptheria, Tetanus and Pertussis (high strength)". Yet Knightsbridge still ticked and dated it on my form. I suspect that they have done the same for you and took the "P" in your DTP to mean Pertussis, which is why you have been signed off for it even though you haven't had it.

I believe this yet again highlights the inconsistency of Knightsbridge when filling in the vaccination worksheet, and that they often do not know the differences between the UK and the USA vaccine versions. This can mean the difference between someone meeting all USA vaccination requirements or not.

For what it's worth, I DO officially meet all vaccine requirements even though Knightsbridge have made mistakes (technically in my favour) on my worksheet. It can't be emphasised enough to check, double check and triple check the vaccine worksheet when it is given to you at the medical. Do not leave until you are absolutely sure that it has been filled in correctly and in full. Do not be afraid to challenge them, as it could mean the difference between flying through the AOS with no RFE's, or having to spend time and $$$'s getting further vaccines sorted via a civil surgeon in the USA.

post-200960-0-19358000-1434579665.jpg

Edited by ChasUno

N400 Naturalization

Applied - 07/21/2022

NOA - 07/21/2022

Biometrics - Re-used

Chas I agree with you somewhat that Knightsbridge sometimes gives credit for tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis when maybe it was polio. But a checkmark and a date is good meaning you are signed off.

I disagree that Tdap versions in the UK always means polio. I have seen so many post their NHS record and that shot is notated in many different ways. Some are a four in one combo notated as DTaP/IPV where the IPV stands for inactivated polio vaccine. Some had the live vaccine-- oral polio vaccine OPV. The UK has been immunizing for pertussis since the 50's so it's a safe bet most had it.

Anyway I get your point that when checking your personal NHS records to not assume any P you see Is pertussis. And there's also people who see the letters Tdap on the immigration list and assume incorrectly they need polio for immigration.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Chas I agree with you somewhat that Knightsbridge sometimes gives credit for tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis when maybe it was polio. But a checkmark and a date is good meaning you are signed off.

I disagree that Tdap versions in the UK always means polio. I have seen so many post their NHS record and that shot is notated in many different ways. Some are a four in one combo notated as DTaP/IPV where the IPV stands for inactivated polio vaccine. Some had the live vaccine-- oral polio vaccine OPV. The UK has been immunizing for pertussis since the 50's so it's a safe bet most had it.

Anyway I get your point that when checking your personal NHS records to not assume any P you see Is pertussis. And there's also people who see the letters Tdap on the immigration list and assume incorrectly they need polio for immigration.

Nich-Nick, you are right, but what I didn't put across very well is that "Tdap" for adults, in this exact formula, does not appear to be a vaccine available in the UK. As many are finding out, Pertussis is not routinely given to adults in the UK (except for pregant women), thus an adult "Tdap" or similar will likely contain the Polio vaccine and NOT the Pertussis vaccine. Ketsuban stated "I have no record of pertussis jabs in my life, just DTP (polio) in the 90s and Tdap (again Polio) in 2005", which I was pointing out that the "Tdap" they said they had in 2005 was not the same as the USA Tdap, yet Knightsbridge may see fit to sign it off regardless even though it is a different formula.

In the case of vaccines, one really should "mind their 'P's' and 'Q's'" when checking their Knightsbridge worksheet!

N400 Naturalization

Applied - 07/21/2022

NOA - 07/21/2022

Biometrics - Re-used

Nich-Nick, you are right, but what I didn't put across very well is that "Tdap" for adults, in this exact formula, does not appear to be a vaccine available in the UK. As many are finding out, Pertussis is not routinely given to adults in the UK (except for pregant women), thus an adult "Tdap" or similar will likely contain the Polio vaccine and NOT the Pertussis vaccine. Ketsuban stated "I have no record of pertussis jabs in my life, just DTP (polio) in the 90s and Tdap (again Polio) in 2005", which I was pointing out that the "Tdap" they said they had in 2005 was not the same as the USA Tdap, yet Knightsbridge may see fit to sign it off regardless even though it is a different formula.

In the case of vaccines, one really should "mind their 'P's' and 'Q's'" when checking their Knightsbridge worksheet!

The whole point of the shot in pregnancy is to get the pertussis part. It's in there. The Tdap for pregnant women in the UK contains diptheria, tetanus, pertussis as well as polio. (Boostrix IPV) . The US uses Boostrix (without the inactive polio vaccine). Pertussis is the whole point of it because adults are passing along whooping cough to infants even though they may not themselves be experiencing symptoms. There is a push in the US for grandparents to get a Tdap booster if they will be in close contact with new grandbabies. UK (NHS) used to use Repevax which also is quadvalent containing IPV.

In the UK, with the adult formula, you are getting a bonus dose of polio that you are not required to have for immigration.

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Got my email from Knightsbridge. It specifically asks for me to bring the embassy letter to confirm my case number and visa category, so it appears just having the case number isn't enough to actually attend the medical itself. I'm not sure if this has always been the case, just something to bear in mind if booking after obtaining your LND number from the NVC but before you get your "packet 3" from London.

Naturalization Timeline

N-400 app submitted/received: August 22, 2020

Biometric reuse notification: October 22, 2020

Interview Scheduled: November 5, 2020

Interview Date: December 7, 2020 - SUCCESS!

Oath Ceremony mistakenly scheduled (then descheduled!): December 8, 2020

Oath Ceremony Scheduled: December 9, 2020

Scheduled Oath Ceremony: January 8, 2021

ROC Timeline

I-797/NOA 1: January 12, 2018

Biometrics appointment: February 22, 2018

18-month I-797: August 10 2018

AOS Timeline

NOA 1 for I-485 and I-765: November 9, 2015

Biometrics appointment: December 2, 2015

RFE for I-485: December 3, 2015

EAD card and approval notice received: February 16, 2016

2-year conditional Green Card received: March 26, 2016

K-1 Timeline
NOA 1: December 8, 2014
NOA 2: June, 2015

Packet 3 received: July, 2015
Medical: August 12, 2015
Packet 4 received: September 23, 2015
Interview: September 25, 2015
Visa received: October 2, 2015

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.