Jahan&Veena

London Medical - Knightsbridge Doctors

2,055 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Twinkles...

Didnt have a chance to thank you for your email... it was very helpful!!! Suffice to say... we got it all straightened out before the interview... and have now been APPROVED!!!!!

Thanks again !!!

Thats fantastic news :thumbs:

We too finally got all our medical side sorted. Dr Elizabeth Deskeland (Visa Doctor)

Has been brilliant. I mailed her a thank you note and she called me at home last week.

She even asked for my Son to be put on the phone. She chatted with him for a good 20 minutes.

I dont know fully what she said to my Son, just heard bits of the convo.

From what i did hear, she decided to give him a pep talk and also a no hard feelings talk, as she knows, since she gave us those letters at our medical, its been stressful getting everything she wanted completed.

Just waiting on the Embassy now to log into the system our medical reports have been received by them. Then i will post the words Visa in hand! hopefully shortly after that. Heehee cant wait.

Im glad my post helped you both =)

I-129F Sent : 2009-10-19

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-10-30

I-129F NOA2 : 2010-01-20

Packet 3 Received : 2010-02-17

Packet 3 Sent : 2010-05-20

Packet 4 Received : 2010-06-23

Booked into Norman Bates Hotel: 2010-07-29

Medical : 2010-07-29 (4 letters issued >.<)

Interview Date : 2010-07-30 (pending medical results)

Email from Embassy: 2010-10-22 They confirm they have medical results, we are under final review.

Courier website : 2010-11-2 shows packet enroute for delivery. 1st indication of final approval! Or is it??! argh the suspense!

Visa Delivered <3 : 2010-11-3 K1 Visa packet delivered by courier! *cup of tea to celebrate*

US Entry (Dulles) : 2011-2-27 Hot Tomales time <3

I had my medical yesterday, it was quick and simple, the whole thing took 30 minutes. There was hardly any waiting time, as soon as I had filled out the form for the reception I was called in to discuss the vaccinations, then to the next room to take the x-ray, then maybe a 3 minute wait and I was called in to see the doctor. Everyone was very nice and friendly.

I wish I had my vaccinations done there and then though, I took a letter for my GP to get tetanus and MMR jabs, called the surgery expecting it to be a simple matter and was told that I'd have to wait at least 2 weeks for an appointment with the travel clinic. Very frustrated. I'd advise everyone to get their vaccinations BEFORE the medical.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Had my medical last Weds at the Bentinck Mansion surgery.

Was no big deal. I had gone to my GP two weeks prior and ensured I got my MMR (I was one of the generation they didn't do DOB1976) and the Tetanus,Polio,Dip injection. Didn't cost me anything.

Arrived, met the receptionist who some folks claim wasn't very friendly, I found her perfectly fine. (I just smiled and was polite, folks find it difficult to be arsey if you're being charming).

Filled in the 2nd form they need, easy to do.

Jolly chap showed up, was jolly, took me for a chest x-ray and then I waited for about 30 mins before the Doctor came and collected me.

I had to smile as it was the 'highly attractive but surly' female doctor, from the Indian sub continent from her accent, I had read about in this thread.

She does come across as a bit abrupt, however again I remained calm and polite and smiled, she mellowed a fair bit and we were enjoying a light hearted conversation by the end of the exam. I just don't think she does small talk or is interested in being humorous, I know I made a couple of amusing comments and she just didn't seem to quite get them. She commented on my tattoo (which I'd had done 16 years ago and at a reputable artist) and then she commented on my weight at which point I mentioned that I am exercising regularly and in the process of losing weight. She mentioned my blood pressure and I apologised for drinking too much coffee and for being nervous about the exam. She took my blood, professionally and without pain of any sort.

About the blood pressure, she told me to lay off the coffee, I nodded and accepted the advice. Thanked her and shook her hand.

I had a cough and she took a look at my gear, she seemed content it was all there.

Job done.

I went to the waiting room again, waited about 5 mins, then was called to reception and paid my £200 (now that hurt...)and went on my merry way.

My advice if you get this doctor is to remember:

She isn't your GP, you are not developing a long term professional relationship with her and so she has no personal investment to make with the people she meets.

Don't worry about that, just be friendly, relaxed and professional back, don't bother with too much small talk or trying to crack jokes to lighten the mood, just let her do her job and get on with it.

My advice if you get this doctor is to remember:

She isn't your GP, you are not developing a long term professional relationship with her and so she has no personal investment to make with the people she meets.

Don't worry about that, just be friendly, relaxed and professional back, don't bother with too much small talk or trying to crack jokes to lighten the mood, just let her do her job and get on with it.

I had that doctor for my medical. She was actually very nice to me. I liked her.

AOS filed: 07/01/2010

AOS received: 07/06/2010

NOA1 via text: 07/13/2010

NOA1 in mail: 07/16/2010

Touched: 07/16/2010

Biometrics letter: 07/19/2010

Biometrics appointment: 08/04/2010

Touched I-485, EAD: 08/05/2010

Transfer to CSC: 08/05/2010

Touched I-485: 08/06/2010

Touched: 08/10/2010

Touched I-485: 08/12/2010

Touched I-485: 08/14/2010

Touched I-485: 08/23/2010

Touched I-485: 08/24/2010

EAD approved: 09/02/2010

AP approved: 09/07/2010

Received EAD/AP: approx 09/09/2010 (was out of town)

Touch: 09/24/10

I-485 approved: 10/14/2010

GC production ordered: 10/18/2010

GC received: 10/23/2010

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

I had my medical last Thursday and just wanted to reassure everyone that the process is really straightforward and stress free.

Everyone in the centre is really friendly, like another forum poster was saying, as long as you are friendly with them and smile, then there is no reason for them to be arsey or anything. They called me either Sir or by my first name throughout.

The chap who does the X - Rays was funny and made a lot of conversation, just asking about where I would be living etc.

The same can be said for the doctor who examined me. I don't remember her name, but she was brilliant. Really friendly and made a lot of effort to make sure I was relaxed during the examination.

Also - I stupidly forgot my glasses on the day of the appointment, I was frantically trying to remember everything else, so I was in panic mode when I went in. However, she did this awesome thing using a post it note and a pin hole in the middle - which meant I could complete the eye sight test! Obviously, I was quite lucky that this wasn't an issue - to everyone else I would recommend you bring your glasses, even if you don't wear them that often, like myself!

The only downside is the payment - it seems very excessive for such a quick procedure. But if that's what we have to do to be with our loved ones, so be it!

My fiance had his medical last week, but because of a really insignificant depression incident in his teenage years they are making him get a letter from his GP before passing him. He has an appointment on Friday so hopefully it's an easy fix and won't require further referrals. The stupid medical is delaying us.

Naturalization Process (FINALLY!)

05.29.14 - N-400 filed

06.02.14 - Packet received at the Lewisville Texas Center

06.05.14 - Check cleared

06.04.14 - NOA date

06.13.14 - Biometrics letter received

07.02.14 - Biometrics appointment

07.07.14 - In line

07.17.14 - 'Yellow Paper' date

09.10.14 - Interview scheduled NOA date

10.15.14 - Interview date

10.15.14 - RFE (missing documentation)

10.21.14 - RFE response received in NYC facility

11.04.14 - Oath ceremony scheduled, approved!

11.19.14 - Oath ceremony (8:30am) in Brooklyn - Completed! DONE WITH USCIS!

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

Had medical today at Bentinck Mansions.

The receptionist was lovely - really friendly, handed me a form to fill in (almost the same as the one they request you to bring with you but more official). Filled it in, handed it back and then about 5 mins later the chest man came to collect me for x-ray. Turns out he lived just down the road from me! He was very chatty and calmed my nerves - so nervous I couldn't even put my gown on correctly!! Had the x-ray and then was sent in my gown to another waiting room to the one before.

After about 5-10 mins the lady doctor came to get me. She read through my form and double checked asking no heart/lung problems? No. Drug or alcohol abuse? No. Ever been arrested or in trouble with the police? No. NB I had put on a separate sheet my asthma meds and when I smoked from and to and how many it had been. She didn't ask me anymore about it.

After that I had to take my shoes and jeans off and get height measured. Then eye test - almost forgot my glasses!, then weight. I then had to lie on the bed and she felt my pulse in my wrist, took blood pressure, listened to my heart and chest, very quick lift of the top of my knickers to check I was female! And then took blood (I am terrified of needles so this point started breathing pretty fast!) She did it quickly and painlessly which I was very relieved about.

No ear/nose/throat check, no reflex checks or any of what other people have talked about happening in other visa medicals. Kinda felt a bit hard done to when I handed over the 200 pounds! Felt there should have been more prodding and poking for my money! :P PS the brown haired receptionist was super nice, wished me good luck and that was it finished!

All in all I arrived at 10am and was out by 11am! Fab - don't know why I got so nervous in the first place!

Married: 02-15-2010

USCIS:

04-16-2010 I-130 Sent

05-04-2010 I-130 NOA1

10-02-2010 I-130 Approved/NOA2

Total Days at USCIS: 152 days

NVC:

10-06-2010 - NVC Received Case

10-15-2010 - Assigned case#

10-18-2010 - Sent DS-3032 by email

10-29-2010 - AOS bill received

10-30-2010 - Paid I-864 Bill/IV Bill

10-30-2010 - Sent IV package to NVC from UK

11-06-2010 - Hubby returned I-864 forms

11-19-2010 - NVC entered IV onto system

11-22-2010 - NVC enter AOS onto system

12-01-2010 - RFE received for AOS - missing W2 and joint sponser citizenship proof

12-07-2010 - RFE docs sent to NVC via express mail

12-09-2010 - NVC receives in mailroom

12-15-2010 - RFE entered on system YIPPEEE according to operator advice!

12-20-2010 - Checklist received date changes to 20th Dec according to AVRS

01-05-2011 - AVRS changes to missing docs - spoke to NVC who said it was false RFE. I hope so!

01-10-2011 - SIF!!!!!!

01-10-2011 - Case Complete

01-14-2011 - Interview Date Assigned

Total time at NVC - 97 long days

Consulate

01-19-2011 - Visa Medical in London

02-14-2011 - INTERVIEW!!! APPROVED!!

02-15-2011 - Our First Wedding Anniversary!

02-17-2011 - Courier delivered my VISA docs to me!! YAAAAY!

03-28-2011 - POE Seattle, WA

04-06-2011 - SSN card arrived

I-130 Mailing to Visa Approval - 304 days

I've been reading this thread avidly as I have to get this done and am not looking forward at all. I just called them up and booked for next Monday - receptionist was perfectly nice on the phone - I tought people might be interested in this bit of info though: I asked her if there was a choice of male or female doctors as it says on their website both are available. She said there was a choice if there were doctors of both genders available on the day, then right after that she suggested next Monday so I'm not quite sure if that indicates that there will be a choice that day or not. Guess I'll have to ask when I get there. Fun.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello VJers!

I had my medical yesterday with Knightsbridge Doctors, 10-11 Bulstrode Place, London. The time of appointmet was 2:45pm.

I had booked my flight tickets with RyanAir, from Glasgow Prestwick Airport to London Stansted. Here's how the day went:

Woke up at 7am, got to Glasgow Central Station at 8am to catch the 8:20 train to Prestwick Airport. Arrived at Prestwick at 9:30am to catch flight to London Stansted at 10:20am

The flight arrived at London ahead of schedule at around 11:15am, took the Stansted Express to London Liverpool Street, which took about 55 minutes. Arrived at London Liverpool Street at 12:57pm, hundreds of Barcelona fans here to see the Chelsea-Barcelona Champions League (football/soccer) clash tomorrow. Go Chelsea!!! :thumbs:

I had two options from London Liverpool Street Underground: Regent's Park Underground or Great Portland Street Underground. I took the Tube to Great Portland Street as it required no changes and was the shorter route. Here are some pictures for you guys (took them from my phone, so they're not great)

Portland_St_3_small.jpg

Portland_St_2_small.jpg

So here's where I got off, Great Portland St. Underground. Knightsbridge Doctors are hardly 10-min walk from here, so no need to pay a taxi unless you are really rich, in which case buy me the ticket to USA :lol:

If you stand where I am standing (use the nice building with pillars in the background as reference point), start walking in the opposite direction, keep walking until you see Devonshire Street...turn right onto Devonshire Street (sorry didnt take pics of that). Keep walking down Devonshire Street, you should see Embassy of Turkey and Chile. Keep walking until you can go no further. You will now see Marylebone High Street and you can either turn right or left onto it...turn LEFT onto Marylebone High Street. Here's a view of if below

Marylebone_High_Street_small.jpg

Keep walking down this street until you see Marylebone Lane on your left. Enter Marylebone Lane, after less than 30 seconds of walking, u will see a small alley. Thats your destination, Bulstrode Place! (see pics below)

View_of_Bulstrode_Place_small.jpg

Bulstrode_Place_small.jpg

That little blue sign board outside is the entrance to Alliance Medical Imaging Centre, go in there and head straight to the 2nd Floor!

Entrance_to_Knightsbridge_Doctors_small.jpg

I had my little Acer n35 PDA with GPS Navigation so it wasnt too hard to find the place.

They gave me a form to fill in, then took a chest x-ray after a while. Then another nurse comes and takes me into another room to discuss vaccinations. Since I didnt have any previous records, I was given 2 jabs, one for MMR and other for Tetanus; one on each arm. The MMR really stings when it goes inside u...ouch! :(

I mentioned to the lady that I would require the DS-3025 for vaccinations and she didnt have a clue. I told her its needed in the USA for AOS process. Then she told me that they will give me a copy of vaccination record which will be sent to the embassy and showed me the form. It did look like the DS-3025, hopefully that is whats needed.

Then the docotor saw me, was a nice guy from South Africa. Asked me to read a board on the wall to check my eyesight, then looked in to my ears and throat, measure my weight and height...and took blood from my left arm...that's the third time i got stabbed :crying: but if that is what it takes to be with my sweetheart then so be it, she's worth it so I wont complain.

They said that results of X-Ray and blood sample will come in a day and they will then forward everything to the Embassy.

So that was it, all over in about 80 minutes. Thank God for another step being completed smoothly. Just one more step to go...can not wait to become husband to lovely Christine!

I love u honey!!! Thank u for pushing me to take the pictures :blush:

Good luck to all!

Jahan.

I've been reading this thread avidly as I have to get this done and am not looking forward at all. I just called them up and booked for next Monday - receptionist was perfectly nice on the phone - I tought people might be interested in this bit of info though: I asked her if there was a choice of male or female doctors as it says on their website both are available. She said there was a choice if there were doctors of both genders available on the day, then right after that she suggested next Monday so I'm not quite sure if that indicates that there will be a choice that day or not. Guess I'll have to ask when I get there. Fun.

If they dont have a choice of male or female Dr on the day, they are very aware that some people may be uncomfortable with this.

Try not to worry about this. Male or Female, they do make you feel at ease.

There was a concern raised while she examined my Son. She wanted to examine him further. Unfortunately, there was no Male Doctor on duty that day.

She discussed this check with my Son. He was uncomfortable for her to continue on. Although he did allow her to do the basic full medical stuff. The Dr fully understood and gave him a letter for his own Male Gp to do the check.

Our Gp then did the check and the result was sent back to the Visa Dr a few days later.

I cant speak highly enough of how the Visa Dr handled this situation.

Dont be shy about asking when you get there. I asked if i would be allowed into the room while my Sons medical was done. They allowed it, although curtain at one point was pulled around him. Im assuming this was the part when she checked his manhood.

Literally seconds later the curtain was pulled back.

I guess he could have said no to her checking his manhood (tbh, i expected him to say no). If he had of, a letter would have been issued and his own Gp would have done that too.

Hope this helps put your mind at ease.

I-129F Sent : 2009-10-19

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-10-30

I-129F NOA2 : 2010-01-20

Packet 3 Received : 2010-02-17

Packet 3 Sent : 2010-05-20

Packet 4 Received : 2010-06-23

Booked into Norman Bates Hotel: 2010-07-29

Medical : 2010-07-29 (4 letters issued >.<)

Interview Date : 2010-07-30 (pending medical results)

Email from Embassy: 2010-10-22 They confirm they have medical results, we are under final review.

Courier website : 2010-11-2 shows packet enroute for delivery. 1st indication of final approval! Or is it??! argh the suspense!

Visa Delivered <3 : 2010-11-3 K1 Visa packet delivered by courier! *cup of tea to celebrate*

US Entry (Dulles) : 2011-2-27 Hot Tomales time <3

If they dont have a choice of male or female Dr on the day, they are very aware that some people may be uncomfortable with this.

Try not to worry about this. Male or Female, they do make you feel at ease.

There was a concern raised while she examined my Son. She wanted to examine him further. Unfortunately, there was no Male Doctor on duty that day.

She discussed this check with my Son. He was uncomfortable for her to continue on. Although he did allow her to do the basic full medical stuff. The Dr fully understood and gave him a letter for his own Male Gp to do the check.

Our Gp then did the check and the result was sent back to the Visa Dr a few days later.

I cant speak highly enough of how the Visa Dr handled this situation.

Dont be shy about asking when you get there. I asked if i would be allowed into the room while my Sons medical was done. They allowed it, although curtain at one point was pulled around him. Im assuming this was the part when she checked his manhood.

Literally seconds later the curtain was pulled back.

I guess he could have said no to her checking his manhood (tbh, i expected him to say no). If he had of, a letter would have been issued and his own Gp would have done that too.

Hope this helps put your mind at ease.

Thanks for this, it's appreciated. There are so many conflicting stories out there about their attitudes and thoroughness or lack theroff. I'd fully expected to be freaking out about this all week with it set for Monday, but due to some other paperwork issues that have cropped up, I've been too distracted (which I guess is a sort of good thing!) I do hope it's quick and painless!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Ok, i have a question. I have had chest pains over the past couple months and have had a heart ecg and chest xrays with nothing coming back conclusive.

The chest pains have since dissapeared.

I have also had tests and precautionary treatment for an STI about 5 years ago while the tests were sent off which actually came back negative.

My question is,,,,

Will they have access to my GP records that show these on them? As when i fill the forms i am half tempted to tick no on all the boxes as i havnt officially had anything, but i have had treatment..

I didnt know if you tick a yes box, that theyll begin looking into things further?

Any suggestions??

MAY 1ST 2010: Met on night out in Fort Worth, TX.

SEP 24TH 2010: Ben 2 Week visit to Dallas

OCT 29TH 2010: Ashley 2 week visit to England.

DEC 25TH 2010: Ben 2 week visit to Dallas.

JAN 3RD 2011: Sent I-129F with USPS

JAN 6TH 2011: Arrived at Dallas 75266 Lockbox- Signed for by C.Thornquist at 6:03am

JAN 7TH 2011: Check Cashed

JAN 9TH 2011: NOA1 Emailed to us - Jan 6th - Sent to VSC

JAN 11TH 2011: NOA1 Hardcopy received in post (NOA1 Date: January 6th 2011)

FEB 24TH 2011: Ashley 2 week visit to England.

APR 15TH 2011: Ben 2 week visit to Dallas.

MAY 20TH 2011: NOA2 Email and Text - Approved!!!! - 134 days

MAY 26TH 2011: NOA2 Hardcopy

MAY 31ST 2011: NVC RECEIVE - Given LND Case Number

JUN 1St 2011: NVC LEAVE

JUN 6TH 2011: ARRIVE LONDON CONSULATE

JUN 11TH 2011: PACKET 3 RECEIVED

Jun 11th-28th: Visit Ashley in Dallas

JUN 30TH 2011: Medical

JUL 4TH 2011: PACKET 3 RETURNED

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I had my medical today at 4 Bentinck Mansions. I got a bit lost trying to find it - the map they give you (map B) isn't very good at all, but thankfully I have google maps on my phone. I encountered another chap holding a Knightsbridge Doctors map on my wanderings and we found it together.

I arrived 10 minutes before my appointment time and spoke to the very friendly brown haired receptionist. I handed over my questionnaire, passport, photograph, and police certificate, and was given a form to fill out. All I had to do was tick a few boxes saying whether I'd had various conditions or not - very much like I did with the questionnaire. In my case they were all NO (although on my first attempt I started ticking all YES until I realised the columns were the opposite way round to the medical questionnaire! They gave me a second form no problem)

Once I had returned the form to them I waited in the waiting room for about half an hour. It was pretty crowded. I was then called in to see a doctor whose name I can't remember, but he was very nice and friendly. He was a bit puzzled that I had been sent to him before the x-ray, but it wasn't a problem.

He looked over my medical history, and said it all looked fine. He didn't ask me any questions, just asked me to sign the form and initial the photo. He then said "you do know we have to take your blood, right?", which of course I did (thanks to VJ!). I lay down on the trolley (because I tend to faint during blood tests) and he checked my blood pressure, listened to my chest and heart, shone a light down my throat and into my eyes, and pushed down on my groin while asking me to cough. Then he drew some blood while I carefully studied the molded plaster ceiling.

He then asked me to get up, and asked me if I use glasses or contact lenses. I said no, and so he said that was the end of his examination. It was all very quick and painless, and he didn't weigh me, measure my height or take a peek down my trousers.

I then went back to the waiting room which was oddly deserted by this point, and waited for the radiologist. The x-ray way very quick and easy, and once that was done it was back to the waiting area again "to wait for the vaccine nurse" according to the radiologist.

It turns out my NHS vaccines were enough so I was just called back to the window, this time to speak to the rather abrupt (but polite) blonde haired receptionist. She took payment from me and gave me a copy of the vaccination worksheet as well as my receipt. She said that barring any problems with the blood or x-ray the results should be with the embassy on Friday! She also wished me the best of luck with my case :)

It all took less than an hour, and was very simple. If anyone is worrying about the medical, you don't need to. It's easy and the people there are mostly very nice and friendly, and at least polite.

Edit: It's worth noting that they ticked the "Tdap" box on my worksheet rather than the DTP one, even though my NHS medical history clearly says "Diphtheria, Tetanus, Polio (DTP)". So there you go.

Edited by tomae

09/01/2010 - Lawyer sent package to Texas Lockbox

09/13/2010 - Email saying package has been routed to CSC

09/13/2010 - NOA1 issued

09/18/2010 - NOA1 paper copy

09/27/2010 - Touch

02/01/2011 - NOA2 issued

02/10/2011 - Case arrived at NVC

02/11/2011 - Case left NVC, headed to London!

02/15/2011 - Medical - passed with no problems

02/18/2011 - Case logged at Embassy, packet 3 letter sent out

02/18/2011 - MRV fee paid via phone

02/19/2011 - Packet 3 forms sent to embassy

02/22/2011 - Packet 3 forms arrived at embassy

02/24/2011 - Packet 3 letter arrived

03/01/2011 - Called DOS and got interview date: March 14th!

03/05/2011 - Packet 4 (interview letter) arrived

03/14/2011 - Interview - Approved!

03/16/2011 - Visa arrived! Two days after interview!!!

03/19/2011 - Flew to USA! POE: Seattle, WA

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

I really hope someone can help me with this question..

I saw my doc today ref medical preparation and the long and short of it is I reckon after the london medical ill get sent for a Psych evaluation.. what Id like to know is will all my records be requested or will it just be a sit down n chat to determine all is ok? This is killing me here so any help would be appreciated..

Met - September 13 2007 in Birmingham Alabama

Engaged - February 12 2010 in Linlithgow Palace, Scotland

NOA1 - July 8 2010

N0A2 - January 18

Medical Passed - March 15

Interview - April 12.. = APPROVED!!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.