no name

Why Did I Get suspended?

19 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

devilette,

You did not get suspended for posting a dictionary definition. I told you why you were suspended in the PM that went to you.

It is regretable that you were unable to receive the PM until after the suspension was over, should there be a next time I will try the e-mail option for notification.

Yodrak

I'm still waiting for someone to explain to me why it's objectionable to point out....

And I'm still waiting to know why I got a banned for posting a dictionary deifnition but many others have done it no problem.

Dev why did you get banned??? if it was not for the dictionary definition.... there was nothing else in that topic that warranted a ban...

Kez

Not quite sure Kez, appears I do not have the proper connections. In no way was what I posted a violation of the TOS.

It's pretty sad that this thread got split when it very much related to the thread it was split from. Ther eis already a 4 page thread on this.

But hey, let's call attention to me whenever we can - it deflects attention elsewhere. :wacko:

Edited by devilette

well I am very disappointed in our Mod... there was no reason for him to even mention the thread from the other day... he openly used that post so he could talk about the incident the other day...

Not good.

Kez

See the other thread has been locked.... lets hope that the person who started the issue is reprimanded..

Edited by Niagaenola

well I am very disappointed in our Mod... there was no reason for him to even mention the thread from the other day... he openly used that post so he could talk about the incident the other day...

Not good.

Kez

See the other thread has been locked.... lets hope that the person who started the issue is reprimanded..

Didn't happen last week, don't hold your breath.

Filed: Other Timeline

I have read it. And the one that led up to it. I've stayed out of it frankly because I've just - in the last two days - taken my only child off to college and I've been a little pre-occupied.

As far as I can see, anything Y and p said was not inflammatory. The types of situations they discussed can be found everyday on immigration boards. It might be unfortunate but it's out there.

As far as being banned - well it happens. Has happened to me and I lived to tell about it. Didn't kill me and I got over it.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I'm just going to request that you all please calm down a bit. I understand that feelings are running high at the moment but I really don't believe that continuing to post in this fashion will achieve anything but a high blood pressure. Give the people to whom you are asking the questions time to respond.

Thanks.

Edited by Mags

As far as I can see, anything Y and p said was not inflammatory. The types of situations they discussed can be found everyday on immigration boards. It might be unfortunate but it's out there.

And many others disagreed.

Has happened to me and I lived to tell about it. Didn't kill me and I got over it.

Apples & oranges RJ. :no:

Give the people to whom you are asking the questions time to respond.

Mags I did ask why & it was split out to here. ;)

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Give the people to whom you are asking the questions time to respond.

Mags I did ask why & it was split out to here. ;)

I know Dev, I'm just requesting that we all remain calm until the parties in question are online and able to answer your question.

I'm just going to request that you all please calm down a bit. I understand that feelings are running high at the moment but I really don't believe that continuing to post in this fashion will achieve anything but a high blood pressure. Give the people to whom you are asking the questions time to respond.

Thanks.

:thumbs::yes:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne