sarah and hicham

VJ alumni

90 posts in this topic

My observation is that most women here actually don't think Charles is a problem, because they have pretty low standards when it comes to what they will take from men. He makes sexist remarks and many women come in and post laughing smileys, as one example. He posts the popcorn smiley in threads that are heated, which in fact, is a passive aggressive attempt to fuel the fire, while at the same time he posts condescendingly "I see nothing has changed in MENA." Which is it? He wants to watch the show or he wants to admonish people and be "above" the arguing? He calls a woman his own age "dear" because he knows it's condescending, yet he argues "she started it" when called on it, all the while insisting his own behavior is above reproach.

But I do agree most women here don't think he's a problem. But then again, you are pretty sexist yourself, Sara. You have just called arguments between women "attacks" and "venom" which completely demeans any sort of discussion around here. Women can discuss, argue, and fight, and considering the topics going around lately about women who are made to feel less than human, I'd think you'd keep your demeaning remarks to a minimum. But that's just me. You also accused "rightbeforeyou" of making up her story, so I guess your defense of Charles and your pissyness at the women here aren't surprising.

ah so the women here have low standards - and that's not a cheap shot on your part? don't worry peezey, everyone thinks you're totally innocent of anything in mena :rolleyes:

for those who find you dreadfully dull, crass, and unfunny and are utterly bewildered that the women here haven't all come to the same conclusion, the distinction between peezey's postings and those of yr addle-brained admirers is quite clear. as such, the standards are completely and utterly different.

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
My observation is that most women here actually don't think Charles is a problem, because they have pretty low standards when it comes to what they will take from men. He makes sexist remarks and many women come in and post laughing smileys, as one example. He posts the popcorn smiley in threads that are heated, which in fact, is a passive aggressive attempt to fuel the fire, while at the same time he posts condescendingly "I see nothing has changed in MENA." Which is it? He wants to watch the show or he wants to admonish people and be "above" the arguing? He calls a woman his own age "dear" because he knows it's condescending, yet he argues "she started it" when called on it, all the while insisting his own behavior is above reproach.

But I do agree most women here don't think he's a problem. But then again, you are pretty sexist yourself, Sara. You have just called arguments between women "attacks" and "venom" which completely demeans any sort of discussion around here. Women can discuss, argue, and fight, and considering the topics going around lately about women who are made to feel less than human, I'd think you'd keep your demeaning remarks to a minimum. But that's just me. You also accused "rightbeforeyou" of making up her story, so I guess your defense of Charles and your pissyness at the women here aren't surprising.

ah so the women here have low standards - and that's not a cheap shot on your part? don't worry peezey, everyone thinks you're totally innocent of anything in mena :rolleyes:

for those who find you dreadfully dull, crass, and unfunny and are utterly bewildered that the women here haven't all come to the same conclusion, the distinction between peezey's postings and those of yr addle-brained admirers is quite clear. as such, the standards are completely and utterly different.

glad you think so. everyone is entitled to their opinion.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

wow, was it just on the last page that Peezey was pointing out that there are ways to make a statement without being rude and demeaning?? oh, wait, as you say, the standards ARE completely and utterly different....

Photo1949-1.jpg

5GTLm7.png

Filed: Other Timeline

wow, was it just on the last page that Peezey was pointing out that there are ways to make a statement without being rude and demeaning?? oh, wait, as you say, the standards ARE completely and utterly different....

Where were you when Charles called MK a terrorist, called MBP a b!tch, and stalked Jenn? You want to know why there is a division in this forum sometimes? Well it might well have to do with women sidling up, sucking up, and defending him after he's said such heinous things. So you are right in your observation....some of us have a different standard when it comes to dealing with him.

Edited by peezey

How can one claim God cares to judge a fornicator over judging a lying, conniving bully? I guess you would if you are the lying, conniving bully.

the long lost pillar: belief in angels

she may be fat but she's not 50

found by the crass patrol

"poisoned by a jew" sounds like a Borat song

If you bring up the truth, you're a PSYCHOPATH, life lesson #442.

On the subject of fighting on the threads, if the VJ moderators are so against fighting in the threads then why did they add that popcorn smiley? :whistle::whistle::whistle:

Edited by amira_ordonia

VJ Hours - I am available M-F from 10am - 5pm PST. I will occasionaly put in some OT for a fairly good poo slinging thread or a donut.

Timeline
Where were you when Charles called MK a terrorist, called MBP a b!tch, and stalked Jenn? You want to know why there is a division in this forum sometimes? Well it might well have to do with women sidling up, sucking up, and defending him after he's said such heinous things. So you are right in your observation....some of us have a different standard when it comes to dealing with him.

i see you're still delusional as usual. :rolleyes:

1 -that post where i said that about mk was meant as a joke, yes it was in poor taste and i apologized for it, and yet you still carry on about it like someone pissed in your post toasties. get over it! if it makes you feel better, you can call me a terrorist ;)

2 -where did i call mbp a b!tch? i certainly don't recall such.

3- as far as the "stalking of jenn" i noticed that she was still logging in invisible after stating she was leaving vj. bfd! and that was how long ago?

now what other lame azz ####### do you have to come up with?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Timeline
On the subject of fighting on the threads, if the VJ moderators are so against fighting in the threads then why did they add that popcorn smiley? :whistle::whistle::whistle:

said smiley was not added by the moderators, it was added by admin (ewok) upon numerous requests by vj members.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Remember being in elementaray school and the boys played kick ball and the girls jumped rope? There was always one boy jumping rope becase the boys wouldn't let him play.

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Timeline
Remember being in elementaray school and the boys played kick ball and the girls jumped rope? There was always one boy jumping rope becase the boys wouldn't let him play.

you've used that one before

wolves.jpg

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

when it comes to condemning misogyny and bigotry, all bets are off.

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

wolves.jpg

How many more examples are you going to post to prove my point? :thumbs:

erfoud44.jpg

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

Timeline

wolves.jpg

How many more examples are you going to post to prove my point? :thumbs:

:huh: what kinda drugs are you on to come up with that retort? :wacko:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

All right, this really ticks me off! First of all, when I meet a group of people, I don't judge everyone in that group based on what other people are saying. I base my judgements on people by how they TREAT ME! It is near impossible to read every single post in every single thread. Charles has not been rude to me and has not made sexist remarks in threads that I have posted in. Simply because I get along with Charles doesn't make me, how did you say...

"addle-brained admirers" and "women that have low standards"

And when I post the popcorn smiley, it is simply because I think the thread has descended into unneccessary drama! How either of you can call some one out for being rude and calling other people names when you are doing the very same thing. Don't hold other people to the standards that you can't keep for yourself.

You've crossed the line on this one!

MoFlair.jpgbadsign.jpgfaris.jpgpassport.jpg

Filed: Other Timeline

All right, this really ticks me off! First of all, when I meet a group of people, I don't judge everyone in that group based on what other people are saying. I base my judgements on people by how they TREAT ME! It is near impossible to read every single post in every single thread. Charles has not been rude to me and has not made sexist remarks in threads that I have posted in. Simply because I get along with Charles doesn't make me, how did you say...

"addle-brained admirers" and "women that have low standards"

And when I post the popcorn smiley, it is simply because I think the thread has descended into unneccessary drama! How either of you can call some one out for being rude and calling other people names when you are doing the very same thing. Don't hold other people to the standards that you can't keep for yourself.

You've crossed the line on this one!

Love him up all you want. As Ta said, all bets are off with someone like Charles. And if you can't change your mind based on the examples given (there are dozens more) or do your own search to find the nasty garbage he has posted, including insults about MENA men and muslims, then don't. (and don't tell me you didn't see him post the vibrator smiley to me just a couple days ago) Stay in the dark. But don't expect there not to be a division.

Edited by peezey

How can one claim God cares to judge a fornicator over judging a lying, conniving bully? I guess you would if you are the lying, conniving bully.

the long lost pillar: belief in angels

she may be fat but she's not 50

found by the crass patrol

"poisoned by a jew" sounds like a Borat song

If you bring up the truth, you're a PSYCHOPATH, life lesson #442.

But don't expect there not to be a division.

I think this is what some women on this board have a hard time understanding.

There are those that claim this is a board for support and complain at the bickering bewteen some posters. Yes sometimes thse fights have crossed the line of respect, but at the root of these fights is really a disagreement over what is right and just regarding choices women make and how those choices can be unhealthty esp with in a MENA relationship.

But many of these same women who complain about the drama on this board fail to make a peep when misogynitic or anti MENA/Muslim comments are made. In fact sometimes it appears that they perfer to laugh at these comments and flirt - getting much needed male attention rather than speak up for something they should know in their heart is an insult and should not be tolerated.

Then there are those posters who are not up-to-date on the history of this forum or the behind the scenes relationships. Sometimes they make a post which catches then quite unexpectedly in the middle of this division.

So much misinformation about this forum is perpetuated. If you repeat things enough times, people tend to start to believe them.

erfoud44.jpg

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.