Vann

My Fiance's Interview

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello all! My fiance's Interview in Manila, Philippines is this September 6th! :D I recently made up my Affidavit of Support and got my tax transcripts from the past three years from my local IRS office.

I'm including paystubs from both jobs I'm currently working at now and will soon get my bank statement. My fiance has pictures and receipts from my first and recent second visit to her.

For anyone who has been through this process already (particularly the Manila embassy) what is the interview like? What sort of questions may they ask my fiance and will they absolutely look at every requested form or just certain ones?

Also--my fiance knows english quite well so would it help her case to have the interview in english? I heard from somewhere that it streamlines the interview and involves less questions for her although I'm not sure if that is 100% certain.

If anyone has answers thanks in advance! :)

December 5, 2005: We met online and our lives changed--instant connection, became best friends

May 15, 2006: She is put on temporary hold from her job and asks me if I could hold on for her in the event she didn't get the job back. I said "yes, of course" and she finally proclaimed her love to me and admitted she'd loved me since February.

September 25, 2006: I land in Manila airport and rush into my baby's arms for the first time. We were both surprised to realise we were NOT nervous.

September 25, 2006: Our first kiss :P

September 27, 2006: I proposed to her in person and she accepted! :)

December 20, 2006: Mailed I-129 K1 petition to Texas service Center

January 15, 2007: Petition returned to me rejected :/ (placed wrong amount on check--duh!)

Febrary 10, 2007: Resubmitted the petition adding updated info pages and a CORRECT check

February 26, 2007: NOA1

May 28, 2007: I land in Manila on our anniversary and we feel whole and complete yet again :)

June 20, 2007: NOA2 which said it would take six months for an interview (Dunno why it said that)

August 4, 2007: My baby receives Packet 4 unexpectedly out of nowhere--the frantic cramming begins

August 23, 2007: Frantically prepared documents FedExed

August 30, 2007: My baby has a long two days at St. Lukes but checks out fine! :)

September 6, 2007: Interview date: after 8 agonising hours--APPROVED!!! :D

September 6, 2007: Plans for her arrival in January 2008 for our wedding are established! :)

January 28, 2008: Marriage

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You will be able to get some really good reviews here...

http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php

Good luck with the upcomming interview.

Edited by Lance27

AOS

Filled : 2007-09-17

NOA : 2007-09-25

Biometrics : 2007-12-13

EAD card prod : 2007-12-13

Job Offer : 2007-12-18

EAD card prod : 2007-12-18

EAD approved mailed : 2007-12-21

EAD in Hand : 2007-12-24 (Awesome Christmas Present)

Applied for SSN : 2007-12-26

SSN arrives in mail : 2008-01-05 (Happy New Year)

Start work :2008-01-15

Timeline

Thank you very much! I have another quick question. I need to mail these forms out to her by about next week to ensure they reach her in time for her interview. What is the most efficient shipping option to ensure a delivery of seven days or less of these forms to her? DHL? FedEx? UPS?

Thank you :)

December 5, 2005: We met online and our lives changed--instant connection, became best friends

May 15, 2006: She is put on temporary hold from her job and asks me if I could hold on for her in the event she didn't get the job back. I said "yes, of course" and she finally proclaimed her love to me and admitted she'd loved me since February.

September 25, 2006: I land in Manila airport and rush into my baby's arms for the first time. We were both surprised to realise we were NOT nervous.

September 25, 2006: Our first kiss :P

September 27, 2006: I proposed to her in person and she accepted! :)

December 20, 2006: Mailed I-129 K1 petition to Texas service Center

January 15, 2007: Petition returned to me rejected :/ (placed wrong amount on check--duh!)

Febrary 10, 2007: Resubmitted the petition adding updated info pages and a CORRECT check

February 26, 2007: NOA1

May 28, 2007: I land in Manila on our anniversary and we feel whole and complete yet again :)

June 20, 2007: NOA2 which said it would take six months for an interview (Dunno why it said that)

August 4, 2007: My baby receives Packet 4 unexpectedly out of nowhere--the frantic cramming begins

August 23, 2007: Frantically prepared documents FedExed

August 30, 2007: My baby has a long two days at St. Lukes but checks out fine! :)

September 6, 2007: Interview date: after 8 agonising hours--APPROVED!!! :D

September 6, 2007: Plans for her arrival in January 2008 for our wedding are established! :)

January 28, 2008: Marriage

Hi there, Good Luck on your fiance's interview. It's easy tell her not to worry. You can send the documents thru FEDEX and you will be able to check the status online.

For interview, I posted my interview experience on my personal website, check my signature. View my profile here you can find it there too.

Please review the paragraphs listed below from Section 4.3 of the Manila Embassy K1 Visa Guide:

Paragraph 3 - Review the "visa interview and USE layout information" link...

Paragraph 6 - Review the "sample questions asked by the Consular Officer during the visa interview" link...

Hope this helps...

Cheers!!!

Sheriff Uling

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

Good Luck on her interview.

You can use Fed-ex and it may only take 3 days for delivery or you can also use DHL. Either way, both are good since you can track the status of your package/letters.

HELEN

agif003.gif

22 February 2010 - mailed the N-400 packet

02 March 2010 - Check encashed/I-797C NOA

03 March 2010 - USCIS Acceptance Confirmation via e-mail and text message

06 March 2010 - received I-797C, Notice of Action/Receipt

01 April 2010 - Biometrics Appointment (Biometrics done 4/7/10)

27 April 2010 - received I-797C/ Request to Appear for Naturalization Interview

02 June 2010 - Interview schedule

17 June 2010 - Oath Taking (Memorial Auditorium, Sacramento, CA)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank you very much! I have another quick question. I need to mail these forms out to her by about next week to ensure they reach her in time for her interview. What is the most efficient shipping option to ensure a delivery of seven days or less of these forms to her? DHL? FedEx? UPS?

my fiance used fedex and went well.

Timeline
Hello all! My fiance's Interview in Manila, Philippines is this September 6th! :D I recently made up my Affidavit of Support and got my tax transcripts from the past three years from my local IRS office.

I'm including paystubs from both jobs I'm currently working at now and will soon get my bank statement. My fiance has pictures and receipts from my first and recent second visit to her.

For anyone who has been through this process already (particularly the Manila embassy) what is the interview like? What sort of questions may they ask my fiance and will they absolutely look at every requested form or just certain ones?

Also--my fiance knows english quite well so would it help her case to have the interview in english? I heard from somewhere that it streamlines the interview and involves less questions for her although I'm not sure if that is 100% certain.

below is a link to my webpage and you can read about the details of my interview.

Edited by lirachadsbaby

Timeline

Hello i had my interview last aug7 and it turn out good. About your question they have two sets of interview first is the screening which is the interviewer is filipino and final interview with american CO. As my experienced they get only my fiance w-2 tax and employment certificate. You dont have to sent her your bank statement because your income will showed already on the W-2 affidavit of support plus your evidence of genuine relationship ( pictures,emails,chatlogs,reciept of engagement ring, hotel reciept, letter of intent, travel itenerary when you visit her) thats all.Regarding interview it is really very easy the CO only asked when did you meet?Did you see him in person?Where is his last visit? What is his job? Is he have kids?Divorced? Are you married before?You have kids? Thats it...You dont have to feel nervous because if your CO see you nervous she will gonna ask you more question....just relax and think you only applying for job. Goodluck to you and for sure you will make it....

claire&jamie

REMOVAL OF CONDITION

November 27, 2009 - Mailed Packet to California

December 02 , 2009 - Recieved packet at 1Pm

December 07 , 2009 - Check Cashed

December 12, 2009 - Recieved my 1 Year extension

December 21,2009 - Recieved my Biometric appointment

January 11 , 2010 - Biometric @ 2pm

My fiance used FedEX when he sent me important documents/packages. I got it after 3 working days. I also used FedEX when I sent my documents to him. Just the same, he got it within a week and we could track the shipping status on the said courier website. :)

Good luck! :thumbs:

You were never a mistake. You were my realization.

They will probably ask you the arrival and departure dates of your fiance's visit(s) to the Phils. As for me, I memorized what was stamped is his passport, just to be sure.

My husband sent the required documents (I-134 and proofs of income and relationship) 10 days before my interview via FedEx. He paid about $125 for a 2-lbs. package. It is worth it though, I got it in 3 days. We did not take the risk of sending it thru USPS, since the affiliate of USPS here in the Philippines is no less the the Phil Postal Office, which is known for delay and missing packages.

Edited by island_princess

NATURALIZATION

01-11-2014 N-400 Packet Sent

01-17-2014 Check cleared

01-24-2014 Received NOA dated 01/14 in the mail

02-20-2014 1st Service Request created for delayed biometric appointment letter

03-01-2014 Received 'yellow' letter in the mail

03-28-2014 2nd Service Request created since the 1st request had no response from the assigned Service Center

04-07-2014 Received biometric appointment letter in the mail

04-25-2014 At last, my biometric appointment!!!!

06-09-2014 Interview - recommended for approval!

07-17-2014 Oath Ceremoney USCIS-Orlando Office! I'm A United States Citizen

AOS AND EAD
02-13-2009 AOS Packet Sent
02-15-2009 Delivered to Chicago Lockbox
02-23-2009 Date of NOA1 (AOS & EAD)
02-25-2009 Check Cleared
02-27-2009 Received NOA1s (AOS and EAD) and Bio Appointment Letter in the mail!!
03-18-2009 Biometric Appointment
04-17-2009 EAD card production ordered!
04-27-2009 EAD card in received in mail
06-19-2009 Received interview appointment in the mail
08-19-2009 Interview Date APPROVED!
08-28-2009 Received 10-year GC in the mail

Timeline

Van I would use FedEX. My girl lives in Cebu and DHL never delivered her packet 4. After 29 days we found out it was sitting in their office. They claimed they text her and could not find her home. But she never did get a call or a text. We save them all. DHL made almost no effort in finding her package for us or her home. We had to visit the office in person and find someone who gave a #######.

We used FedEx to send the documents and they delivered in 3 days no issues no problems. I strongly suggest FedEx with your original documents!

Good Luck! :thumbs: :thumbs:

St. Luke's August 3rd

Manila Embassy August 10th!

APPROVED!

Woooooo Hoooooo!!!!!

Timusa.gifmissouri.gifphili.gifGirly

FedEx is a good option. I've used them before but they're a bit pricy. If you have LBC (filipino courier service), in your area, they are just as reliable. I've sent with them many times and got there within a week (via air) Good luck!

??Jul 2005 - we met online

28 Jul 2005 - our relationship "officially" started (we chatted almost every single night!)

4 Feb 2006 - I flew over to see her for her birthday and Valentine's Day

7 Mar 2006 - I-129F sent

9 Mar 2006 - petition received

14 Mar 2006 - petition opened

16 Mar 2006 - NOA1 sent (nothing heard since)

23 Jun 2006 - IMBRA RFE sent

6 Jul 2006 - IMBRA RFE reply sent

18 Jul 2006 - RFE reply recieved

19 Jul 2006 - touched

24 Aug 2006 - finally got bloody touched!!! (they responded to my RFE)

31 Aug 2006 - touched

1 Sep 2006 - NOA2! nuf said!!! (178 days)

5 Sep 2006 - touched? after already getting NOA2?

7 Sep 2006 - touched yet again...must be the mailing process

22 Sep 2006 - Case left NVC

26 Sep 2006 - Case arrived in Manila Embassy

7 Dec 2006 - Appointment letter sent

13 Dec 2006 - received Appt letter

21 Dec 2006 - St Luke's Medical appointment

28 Dec 2006 - Visa interview appointment (APPROVED!!!)

11 Jan 2007 - VISA ON HAND!!!! YEA YEA!!!!

17 Mar 2007 - First step into US soil (SFO)

28 Mar 2007 - Civil wedding at SF City Hall!

Adjustment of Status

16 May 2007 - finally mailed off AOS/EAD package

18 May 2007 - AOS/EAD received

22 May 2007 - AOS/EAD notice sent

25 May 2007 - status update on USCIS website

19 Jun 2007 - Biometrics Appointment in Sacramento

20 Jun 2007 - touched

26 Jun 2007 - touched

25 Jul 2007 - AOS touched

1 Aug 2007 - EAD approved. USCIS ordered production of new card

13 Aug 2007 - AOS interview (APPROVED!!!)

When we first started the petition I started collecting questions from others here at VJ:

• What are your fiance’s hobbies and interests?

• What are your hobbies and interests?

• What does your fiancé(e) do for a living?

• What do you do for a living?

• Do you know if your fiancé(e) was married before?

• Does he have any children?

• Will there be a problem with the children from his other relationship?

• Did you know that your fiancee was divorced in 199-?

• Does this matter to you?

• Where do you plan to live in the United States?

• When and how did you meet your fiance(e)?

• How long have you been corresponding with your fiance(e)?

• Do you have any wedding plans? Are you planning to have children?

• What is your fiance(e)’s religious background?

• What is your religious background?

• Does your fiancé(e) speak and understand your language?

• Do you speak and understand your fiance(e)’s language?

• How do you two communicate?

• Why do you want to come to the United States?

What is your fiance's name?

How do you spell their last name?

When did you meet and how?

Have you ever been to the US?

Are you a terrorist?

When do you plan on entering the US?

What are your fiance's parents names?

Does your fiance have any brothers or sisters?

Where does your fiance work?

Where do you plan on leaving upon entry to the US?

What are your fiance’s hobbies and interests?

• What are your hobbies and interests?

• What does your fiancé(e) do for a living?

• What do you do for a living?

• Do you know if your fiancé(e) was married before?

• Does he have any children?

• Will there be a problem with the children from his other relationship?

• Did you know that your fiancee was divorced in 199-?

• Does this matter to you?

• Where do you plan to live in the United States?

• When and how did you meet your fiance(e)?

• How long have you been corresponding with your fiance(e)?

• Do you have any wedding plans? Are you planning to have children?

• What is your fiance(e)’s religious background?

• What is your religious background?

• Does your fiancé(e) speak and understand your language?

• Do you speak and understand your fiance(e)’s language?

• How do you two communicate?

• Why do you want to come to the United States?

Are you a terrorist?

Are you planning to have children?

Did you know that your fiancee was divorced?

Do you have any wedding plans?

Do you know if your fiancé(e) was married before?

Do you speak and understand your fiance(e)’s language?

Does he have any children?

Does this matter to you?

Does your fiance have any brothers or sisters?

Does your fiancé(e) speak and understand your language?

Have you ever been to US?*

Have you ever met your fiancee father or mother?*

Have you met his parents

How do you spell their last name?

How do you two communicate?

How long have you been corresponding with your fiance(e)?

How often do you talk to each other?*

How old is he?

If so, What type of visa?*

What are your fiance’s hobbies and interests?

What are your fiance's parents names?

What are your hobbies and interests?

What do you do for a living?

What does his father do?

What does your fiancé(e) do for a living?

What is your fiance(e)’s religious background?

What is your fiance's name?

What is your religious background?

When and how did you meet your fiance(e)?

When are you planning to get marry?*

When did you meet and how?

When do you plan on entering the US?

Where are you going to get married?

Where do you plan to live in the United States?

Why do you want to come to the United States?

Will there be a problem with the children from his other relationship?

I also had a list of document requirements but don't know if this is accurate any longer:

DOCUMENTS NEEDED:

1. Proof of payment

· To be paid ahead of time at any BPI bank, $100.00

2. Passport

· Only P 500.00 pesos, releasing time after 6 working days and can be expedited by paying additional P 200.00 pesos, releasing time after 2 working days.

3. Visa photos (4 pieces) 2x2 size

· Must bring 3 more extras, one is to be used for medical right at the entrance of Saint Luke’s Clinic, please write your name at the back, then the remaining two are for the Forms DS-156. The 4 are to be used at the embassy.

4. 2 Forms of DS-156

5. DS-157 K

6. Birth Certificate (printed on NSO Security Paper)

· Can be obtained by logging in to: www.e-census@gov.ph, processing fee is only P300.00 pesos and can be delivered right at your doorstep. However, if you like, you can also apply to nearest NSO office for only P 125.00. (The hassle of long queue).

7. Termination of Marriage (if applicable)

8. NBI Clearance

9. Foreign Police Certificate

10. Evidence of Financial Support

· ITR 2003

· FORM 1040

· W-2 FORMS

· I-134 (must be notarized) and can be supported by the ff: documents:

_ Bank Certificate

_ Latest Pay Stubs (3 at least)

_ Employment Certificate

11. Evidence of Genuine Engagement

12. Evidence of Relationship

· They will take at least 5 to 6 pictures of you together or with family.

· Some emails and other evidences.

13. Appointment Letter (this is the letter of appointment for interview)

· Make sure to have it re copied as you will need the original copy to be presented at US Embassy during your interview to the security guard.

NOTE:

MEDICAL FEE IS 95$ AND MUST BE PAID IN PESOS AT ST. LUKE’S MEDICAL CLINIC. P 5,415.00 PESOS AS OF DECEMBER 15, 2004.

BRING THE DOCUMENTS MENTIONED ABOVE AT ST. LUKES MEDICAL CLINIC WHEN YOU HAVE YOUR MEDICAL APPOINTMENT AS STUFF FROM US EMBASSY WILL ASSEMBLE ALL DOCUEMNTS FOR YOU.

HAVE ONE 2X2 PICTURE READY, MAKE SURE TO WRTIE NAME AT THE BACK, TO BE PRESENTED AT SECURITY GUARD AT ST. LUKE’S MEDICAL CLINIC ALONG WITH VALID ID.

ALSO, LETTER OF APPOINTMENT WITH VALID ID TO BE PRESENTED, AT US EMBASSY SECURTY GUARD.

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.