jatin

K3 visa fallowed by immigration?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi after i get K3 visa i go to us...i have my approved 130 by uscis...can i proceed for immigration petition...instead of aos.

IN k3 interview what to say to consulate officer when he ask?

what are you going to do in us?

K3 is nonimmigrant visa

can i say i amgoing to work in a software company?

Hi after i get K3 visa i go to us...i have my approved 130 by uscis...can i proceed for immigration petition...instead of aos.

K3 is nonimmigrant visa

Yes, you can enter on the K3 visa, and then go back to India for the CR1/IR1 interview instead of adjusting status. Unless you were planning to return to India anyway for a visit, that's probably a more expensive option though, especially if you haven't paid the IV fee bill yet.

You can say you're going to work for a software company once you've obtained the Employment Authorisation Document. When you enter the US on the K3, apply for EAD or Adjustment of Status - EAD should take about 3 months.

Edited by MargotDarko

My Crafting Blog - On a Roll - Blogspot

3179788211_95b93e62af_t.jpg3179788215_6a1e497e9b_t.jpg3165849344_f296789fd3_t.jpg

US Immigration Timeline

-------------------------

24 Feb 2007 - Sent I-130 to London USCIS office (I'm the petitioner)

25 May 2007 - NOA2

2 June 2007 - Received Packet 3

12 Oct 2007 - Sent Packet 3 back by special delivery

5 Nov 2007 - Interview in London - Approved without any hitches!

7 Nov 2007 - Visa and MBE arrived by SMS! :)

30 Jan 2008 - Fly to Michigan!! :)

*Note: Any delays in our case are only due to us taking things slowly

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

K3 is nonimmigrant visa

Yes, you can enter on the K3 visa, and then go back to India for the CR1/IR1 interview instead of adjusting status. Unless you were planning to return to India anyway for a visit, that's probably a more expensive option though, especially if you haven't paid the IV fee bill yet.

You can say you're going to work for a software company once you've obtained the Employment Authorisation Document. When you enter the US on the K3, apply for EAD or Adjustment of Status - EAD should take about 3 months.

We need a timeline for Jatin and more information if the petition(s) have been filed. Unless Consular service is clearly requested on the I-130 filing, the I-130 is held in K3 cases, so the Consular option is off the table. You can pay $200 and file an I-824 to get it moving again but this has proved a very slow process for those who've tried it.

Teh applicant is unwise to discuss actual plans to work until they have authorization to do so.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

K3 is nonimmigrant visa

We need a timeline for Jatin and more information if the petition(s) have been filed. Unless Consular service is clearly requested on the I-130 filing, the I-130 is held in K3 cases, so the Consular option is off the table. You can pay $200 and file an I-824 to get it moving again but this has proved a very slow process for those who've tried it.

Teh applicant is unwise to discuss actual plans to work until they have authorization to do so.

I took that info out of my original comment because I misread the part about the approved I-130 - for some reason, I was thinking it had already been forwarded to NVC...

Edited by MargotDarko

My Crafting Blog - On a Roll - Blogspot

3179788211_95b93e62af_t.jpg3179788215_6a1e497e9b_t.jpg3165849344_f296789fd3_t.jpg

US Immigration Timeline

-------------------------

24 Feb 2007 - Sent I-130 to London USCIS office (I'm the petitioner)

25 May 2007 - NOA2

2 June 2007 - Received Packet 3

12 Oct 2007 - Sent Packet 3 back by special delivery

5 Nov 2007 - Interview in London - Approved without any hitches!

7 Nov 2007 - Visa and MBE arrived by SMS! :)

30 Jan 2008 - Fly to Michigan!! :)

*Note: Any delays in our case are only due to us taking things slowly

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

K3 is nonimmigrant visa

I took that info out of my original comment because I misread the part about the approved I-130 - for some reason, I was thinking it had already been forwarded to NVC...

Approved I-130s are held at the service center when an I-129F is filed.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

K3 is nonimmigrant visa

Hi Pushbrk, After comming to US on K-3 what if i send AOS bill (Affidavit of support) to NVC which i got it earlier, would it be enough to continue process CR1/IR1 and go for Visa interview again back home !! or i have to file i-824 ?

Thanks

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Mumbai, India

Marriage :

I-130 Sent : 2007-02-13

I-130 NOA1 : 2007-02-21

I-130 Touched on 4/27/07

I-130 Touched on 05/24/07

I-130 NOA2 on 05/29/07 (Mail)

Received AOS fees bill on 05/18/2007

I-129F Sent : 2007-03-01

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-03-07

Sent to VSC on 03/27/07

Touched on 04/23/05

Touched on 04/24/05

Touched on 04/25/05

Touched on 04/26/07

Touched on 05/23/07 !!

Touched on 05/24/07

I-129F NOA2 on 05/29/07 (Mail)

Sent to consulate on 05/30/2007

Packet3 missed in mail !!

Sent downloded packet3 forms to consulate on 06/25/2007

Received Packet 4 on 07/07/07

Interview : 09/04/07

K-3 Visa approved : 09/04/07

US entry : 09/15/2007

AOS ad EAD

AOS mailed on 12/17/2008

NOA for AOS/EAD and on 01/05/08

Biographic for AOS/ EAD on 01/16/08

EAD Received: 02/20/08

Interview (initial) for I-485 : 03/20/08

Received Greencard(2 years exp): 03/27/08

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.