Well you know Marilyn, I guess we just have a heart. :lol:

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's schools in Mexico where he can continue to seek his dream of becoming a lawyer. Get the degree and come back legally. ;)

Amen! Enough is enough already with all these non-Americans attempting to acquire rights that are not granted to them as citizens. He could have potentially acquired a student visa. :wacko: This is what happens when a country is overpopulated by any particular nationality IMO. :angry:

Alrightyyy then buckaroo, let's just shoot those who are "over-populating" our great nation over hereeee. ;)

How could he have acquired a student visa? He would have to go home for one. He may have NO HOME to go to or no family considering he has been here since he was three. Then he would have to apply in which they might see he was illegal in the US for quite some time and deny him entry or a visa for a very long time.

Not saying what he did was right; I am saying that when you get taken somewhere when you are a child, growing up in that country is all you know. The guy probably knows FAR more about his surroundings in the US than he does of his home country of Mexico. Put yourself in his shoes. You get taken to a place which is out of your control and then YOU have to pay for the consequences? IT really sucks for the guy. Have some sympathy for him.

I respect and appreciated your passion and compassion for this man's situation. However, life isn't fair and not every gets a crack at greatness nor the American dream. Why don't we just grant amnesty to everyone that's here right now and say that all is forgiven? Not... What about all the other good people with really sad stories? Do we help them all as well? Many folks come from very poor situations to be apart of this great nation and I'm sure some of their stories are just as touching. At some point, reality must sink in and lines must be drawn IMO. We can not help everyone. It's not feasible or fair to the individuals (illegals) nor to the citizens of this great nation, which is why we have laws and due process.

Edited by Sheriff Uling

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
a society of laws and also, law breakers...

...it all started with a party in Boston. Someone served tea and all hell broke loose.

Something about "taxation without representation", as I recall -

Which is something that a fair few of us on here, including Jinky, are dealing with without the need to riot.

;)

Historically speaking, a defiance of established laws initiated a change towards inclusion of those who defied those laws. ;)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

:lol:

Are you getting the point that he was THREE YEARS OLD when he got here? It wasn't like he was 26 and walked across the border and said , "so long suckas..im going to america to get an education...."

1. What should he have done? When he was 7 he should have said.."okay mom, well..you know you took me here illegally so I'm going to try to go back now...so that I don't face repercussions later..."

2. HE PAID for at least some of that education. So don't act like he's got some free ride. He's one of the people that are probably putting money back into the economy, not sending it back home.

Again, this is just another case of someone not being able to put themselves in someone else's shoes. I know that if my mom took me across the border from Canada to America when I was too small to even remember where I was from, and I grow up there all my life not even knowing what illegal is until I'm like 13 or 14...Do I just pick up and leave by myself? Where do I go? I'm a little kid.

When someone croses the border illegally for what ever reasons, when they are an ADULT, then yes, by all means, deport them. However, in this situation you are applying that same mentality to it. "Sorry dude, you should have known better!!!" Doesn't fly with me because it's just cold hearted and not understanding.

My eyes filled with grit

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
:lol:

Are you getting the point that he was THREE YEARS OLD when he got here? It wasn't like he was 26 and walked across the border and said , "so long suckas..im going to america to get an education...."

1. What should he have done? When he was 7 he should have said.."okay mom, well..you know you took me here illegally so I'm going to try to go back now...so that I don't face repercussions later..."

2. HE PAID for at least some of that education. So don't act like he's got some free ride. He's one of the people that are probably putting money back into the economy, not sending it back home.

Again, this is just another case of someone not being able to put themselves in someone else's shoes. I know that if my mom took me across the border from Canada to America when I was too small to even remember where I was from, and I grow up there all my life not even knowing what illegal is until I'm like 13 or 14...Do I just pick up and leave by myself? Where do I go? I'm a little kid.

When someone croses the border illegally for what ever reasons, when they are an ADULT, then yes, by all means, deport them. However, in this situation you are applying that same mentality to it. "Sorry dude, you should have known better!!!" Doesn't fly with me because it's just cold hearted and not understanding.

:thumbs::yes: Our current immigration laws are draconian and in need of reform.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

So where does it actually end? His parents came here illegally knowing what they are doing so now do all children of illegals get USC status? This should be on the USCIS website : If you come here illegally and your children reach 14 or older then you and your family win and do not have to be deported. Sorry if I sound sarcastic but there has to be limits.

And what I would like to know, why does he NOT return to Mexico and try to make a difference there instead of helping other illegal immigrants on this end ? He and his family obviously have some money and there are good Universities in Mexico. If he gets deported, my guess is he will be OK there, better than most with his US education.

10Yr GC arrived 07/02/09 - Naturalization is next

The drama begins - again!

And now the drama ends - they took the Green card . . .

Timeline

You are making an assumption that he has family in Mexico. "Hey uncle, you have not seen me in 25 years but..." He might not have ANY family but his parents, and if he does have any family, they are probably ESTRANGED.

I don't give a ####### about his parents. Unfortunately THEY broke the law. He did not! He was just a kid and any one at the border that okay-ed them taking the child over in the first place illegally, it should be THEIR fault, not this kids. And furthermore, if they came on visitors status and over stayed, then it is his parents who should be facing repercussions, not him. He had nothing to do with that illegal process. I just don't see how any one can point the finger at this kid. It really amuses me. I'm sick and tired of hearing this 12 million illegals ####### every day. Not once has an illegal immigrant bothered me or put a strain on my life.

My eyes filled with grit

Timeline
Indeed - considering the guy himself did nothing wrong

:rolleyes:

2. HE PAID for at least some of that education. So don't act like he's got some free ride.

um, if he paid for some, not all....then he is getting a free ride on that part he didn't pay for at taxpayer expense.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline
You are making an assumption that he has family in Mexico. "Hey uncle, you have not seen me in 25 years but..." He might not have ANY family but his parents, and if he does have any family, they are probably ESTRANGED.

I don't give a ####### about his parents. Unfortunately THEY broke the law. He did not! He was just a kid and any one at the border that okay-ed them taking the child over in the first place illegally, it should be THEIR fault, not this kids. And furthermore, if they came on visitors status and over stayed, then it is his parents who should be facing repercussions, not him. He had nothing to do with that illegal process. I just don't see how any one can point the finger at this kid. It really amuses me. I'm sick and tired of hearing this 12 million illegals ####### every day. Not once has an illegal immigrant bothered me or put a strain on my life.

He is 20 yrs old and pulled out a Mexican Identification card :whistle:

10Yr GC arrived 07/02/09 - Naturalization is next

The drama begins - again!

And now the drama ends - they took the Green card . . .

Timeline

It, um, doesn't state if he paid his whole shot, if he got loans, if he got grants, etc. so that is why I said he paid for some of it(some of it then the other part with loans..possible grants) or all of it.

Don't worry. I'm sure you will live, fellow taxpayer.

My eyes filled with grit

Well you know Marilyn, I guess we just have a heart. :lol:

I believe the road to he!! was paved with............... something, hmmm. Maybe you could tell me. :whistle:

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow

Hello... People are not attempting to point fingers at Mexican. According to the article, he pulled out a Mexican ID, which would lead the average person to presume that his parents are Mexican.

Moving on...

He is a derivative of the illegal act which current law does not make him immune to the penalty of the law. He’s 20 years old attempting to blend into a society that theoretically has no record of his existence. How is that supposed to work? He’s smart enough to pursue the advancement of his education, but not the status of his residency. Something must give… Who pays the price in a situation like this one? Almost every one that is here illegally probably has a hardship story. It does not change the rule of the law or the responsibility to enforce the application of the law. Fortunately for US Citizens and unfortunately for illegals, we must draw the line between reasonable and abuse of the system. So, if illegals hold out long enough, amnesty will be given. That is the wrong message to send if America expects aliens to respect the rule of law. How can we expect aliens to be good citizens when the essence of their indirect pursuit of citizenship is illegal. That makes not sense… We have a formal process to enter this great nation.

Edited by Sheriff Uling

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

Hello... People are not attempting to point fingers at Mexican. According to the article, he pulled out a Mexican ID, which would lead the average person to presume that his parents are Mexican.

Moving on...

He is a derivative of the illegal act which current law does not make him immune to the penalty of the law. He’s 20 years old attempting to blend into a society that theoretically has no record of his existence. How is that supposed to work? He’s smart enough to pursue the advancement of his education, but not the status of his residency. Something must give… Who pays the price in a situation like this one? Almost every one that is here illegally probably has a hardship story. It does not change the rule of the law or the responsibility to enforce the application of the law. Fortunately for US Citizens and unfortunately for illegals, we must draw the line between reasonable and abuse of the system. So, if illegals hold out long enough, amnesty will be given. That is the wrong message to send if America expects aliens to respect the rule of law. How can we expect aliens to be good citizens when the essence of their indirect pursuit of citizenship is illegal. That makes no sense… We have a formal process to enter this great nation.

Edited by Sheriff Uling