neiks

I thought I was going to melt.

38 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I guess I'm in the minority because I love the heat. But, then, I'm naturally cold all the time. My friends and relatives have always teased me about it. The one thing I do hate, though, is AC that is turned down way too low (or is it turned up way too high? :blink: ). I carry a sweater with me all the time when it's hot, because I know I'm going to need it when I go inside.

I had to laugh at the place I used to work in Canada. I hadn't told anyone that I was engaged and would be leaving.... let alone moving to Florida. I'd be sitting there shivering in my sweater, with my portable heater on and a cup of something hot at my desk. My co-workers used to say.... "You need to move to Florida." :o:lol: I'm so glad my husband was transferred to somewhere warm. :)

Edited by Krikit
iagree.gif

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I guess I'm in the minority because I love the heat. But, then, I'm naturally cold all the time. My friends and relatives have always teased me about it. The one thing I do hate, though, is AC that is turned down way too low (or is it turned up way too high? :blink: ). I carry a sweater with me all the time when it's hot, because I know I'm going to need it when I go inside.

I had to laugh at the place I used to work in Canada. I hadn't told anyone that I was engaged and would be leaving.... let alone moving to Florida. I'd be sitting there shivering in my sweater, with my portable heater on and a cup of something hot at my desk. My co-workers used to say.... "You need to move to Florida." :o:lol: I'm so glad my husband was transferred to somewhere warm. :)

I like warm weather....my husband is from Jamaica for goodness sake. Up to 90's are beautiful. But, this has been like living in HELL lately.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

tee hee... I am a heat girl all the way, but I do love the snow and esp. a good storm.. CT didn't exactly have a "storm" this past winter.. not what I'd call a "storm".. anywhoo.. it's all good..

I am a sucker for our AC when the humidity gets high.. that's the bit I don't like.. I'm a 4 season kinda gal.. I think moving south would depress me :(

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
August is the hottest month in New Orleans. Most of my time has been indoors lately- except to go out and water plants or smoke. 1 minute outside and you break a sweat here, it's horrible.

Last night we went to a Zephyrs baseball game. I was dreading going and being out there. It was so hot and there was no breeze. At least we were in a shady spot- that helped a bit until the sun went down. Zephyrs won and the fireworks they had after were incredible. The fireworks alone made it worth it :)

I second that! I was born and raised in New Orleans and there is a heat that rises from the ground down there that will burn the soles of your shoes... lol! Go figure... It's so hot in August that you can't catch a breath... I've never been to Canada, I would love the 65 and breezy days, it's the 10 below with 4 feet of snow days that would kill me!

I have finally met my love and my best friend... I can't thank God enough for this gift! After spending 17 days in Ghana with my love, I am even more consumed by him and all that he is.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
tee hee... I am a heat girl all the way, but I do love the snow and esp. a good storm.. CT didn't exactly have a "storm" this past winter.. not what I'd call a "storm".. anywhoo.. it's all good..

I am a sucker for our AC when the humidity gets high.. that's the bit I don't like.. I'm a 4 season kinda gal.. I think moving south would depress me :(

I didn't realize how much I really liked winter until last year. It was Andre's first "winter" as he is from Jamaica. He was giddy in the snow and ice. I have about a zillion pictures of his snow angels, Jamaican snowman, sledding down huge hills, etc.

It was a nice change. Usually I just crab about shoveling and driving on ice.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

I loooooooove a good snowstorm. I really really missed that this year. I also miss the changing of the seasons. :( Luckily, I'm back home every couple of months so I get the best of both worlds. :)

iagree.gif

Timeline

I loooooooove a good snowstorm. I really really missed that this year. I also miss the changing of the seasons. :( Luckily, I'm back home every couple of months so I get the best of both worlds. :)

Hubby has a friend who's moving to West Palm Beach for work.. and Hubby could apply for the same job. We'll see how things work out here in CT but we might just join ya down there! :) tee hee

AOS:

Removal of Conditions:

Naturalization

Timeline

I moved from Vancouver to Southern California in 2004 for school. The first week I was there was Sept1-7 and it was a record setting heat wave. I didn't have AC (complex had a few broken units).

I acclimatized fast.

I still have days where I sweat badly and can't handle it as well as local born people. What I CAN tell you though is that when I went home last October, I was freezing beyond words and normally October was my favorite month weather wise as it was a median temperature.

Current Status
July, 2011 - US Citizen

Hubby has a friend who's moving to West Palm Beach for work.. and Hubby could apply for the same job. We'll see how things work out here in CT but we might just join ya down there! :) tee hee

Ohhhhh, NICE!!!! Let me know when you're coming, Michelle, and I'll meet you on the beach! lol

iagree.gif

What I CAN tell you though is that when I went home last October, I was freezing beyond words and normally October was my favorite month weather wise as it was a median temperature.

Too true! I went home last month and could not adjust to the lower temps. But, then, I'm always cold so I wasn't sure if it was me or the weather. :blush:

iagree.gif

Timeline

Ohhhhh, NICE!!!! Let me know when you're coming, Michelle, and I'll meet you on the beach! lol

Excellent.. one of our major considerations was the fact that I didn't have a job down there. i'll just tell hubby i have a new job at the beach! :)

AOS:

Removal of Conditions:

Naturalization

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
August is the hottest month in New Orleans. Most of my time has been indoors lately- except to go out and water plants or smoke. 1 minute outside and you break a sweat here, it's horrible.

Last night we went to a Zephyrs baseball game. I was dreading going and being out there. It was so hot and there was no breeze. At least we were in a shady spot- that helped a bit until the sun went down. Zephyrs won and the fireworks they had after were incredible. The fireworks alone made it worth it :)

I second that! I was born and raised in New Orleans and there is a heat that rises from the ground down there that will burn the soles of your shoes... lol! Go figure... It's so hot in August that you can't catch a breath... I've never been to Canada, I would love the 65 and breezy days, it's the 10 below with 4 feet of snow days that would kill me!

Mel came to Edmonton in January to visit me and he loved the cold and the snow!! I was the one who was shivering and always cold- and here I was thinking I was such a tough Canadian who could take the cold :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I figure the first summer will kill me, but at least I'll be with the man I love.

~ Eka

Our Adventure:

08/2006: Met in World of Warcraft (Horde ftw!)

10/2006: Began communicating outside the game with emails/instant msgs/skype.

01/05/2007: In game proposal.

03/2007: First visit! (Canada)

03/07/2007: In person proposal.

K-1 Progress:

03/30/2007: Filed I-129F

04/09/2007: NOA1

04/13/2007: Touch

07/27/2007: Touch! (legit - no phone calls)

07/28/2007: NOA2! (status updated/email received)

07/30/2007: NOA2 Hard Copy

08/16/2007: Arrived at NVC

08/20/2007: NVC Hard Copy (sent)

08/22/2007: NVC Hard Copy (received)

08/31/2007: Packet 3 (received)

08/31/2007: Packet 3 (sent)

09/05/2007: Email from Consulate with (bad) interview date (Sept 24)

09/05/2007: Email to Consulate requesting (better) interview date (Sept 27)

09/06/2007: Email from Consulate - interview changed to Sept 27!

Medical: September 26 - Passed!

Interview: September 27 - Approved!

POE: September 29

Wedding Date: October 12

Bride-to-be: 'Eka' (Canada) Groom-to-be: 'Pyrrhic' (USA)

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

then south western BC would be perfect for you, hardly any snow... maybe a few days a year and then it melts within a day or two.. you just would have to get used to the rain... it rains a lot during the winter months....

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline
then south western BC would be perfect for you, hardly any snow... maybe a few days a year and then it melts within a day or two.. you just would have to get used to the rain... it rains a lot during the winter months....

Yes... the winter months being September - May

LOL

Current Status
July, 2011 - US Citizen

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.