mybackpages

MENA distractions as therapy

222 posts in this topic

Jackie I have a question and please don't take this the wrong way. :luv: If you were still with Moh, would you go to this concert? The reason I ask is because I can see how excited you are about this concert and quite honestly you are a changed women since you two split up. You seem happier honestly. I'm wondering if you would have or if other women have or do put aside their desires just to please their husbands. Would he have been ok with you going?

VJ Hours - I am available M-F from 10am - 5pm PST. I will occasionaly put in some OT for a fairly good poo slinging thread or a donut.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jackie I have a question and please don't take this the wrong way. :luv: If you were still with Moh, would you go to this concert? The reason I ask is because I can see how excited you are about this concert and quite honestly you are a changed women since you two split up. You seem happier honestly. I'm wondering if you would have or if other women have or do put aside their desires just to please their husbands. Would he have been ok with you going?

I'm an "other woman" so I hope it is ok if I comment on this. I think mine would be ok letting me go out with the girls to a concert. He is always telling me to go out with some girls to help me get my mind off of stuff. I wish some of the Houstonians could meet up. I've tried (quite hard too) but to no avail. I have given up some things just for my husband. I used to have many male friends (I've always had guy friends), I quit smoking, moved to Texas.... thats just a few...That is just my 2cents.

Jackie!! I want evidence after ur concert! I am seriously expecting pictures!!!!!

Edited by amal

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Jackie,

You will love the concert. We went and saw Marco Antonio Solis, Laura Pausini, and Marc Antony in concert last summer. It was more than awesome!

Twila

OUR VISA JOURNEY

02/24/05 - Mailed K-1 to TSC

03/18/05 - K-1 Approval from CSC

06/16/05 - K-1 Interview in Casablanca, Morocco

06/29/05 - K-1 Visa issued

07/07/05 - SO arrives in US

07/22/05 - Married in religious ceremony and reception with family & friends

07/25/05 - Married in civil ceremony

09/14/05 - Mailed AOS/EAD

12/28/05 - AOS/EAD biometrics in West Palm Beach

01/03/06 - EAD card arrives

03/08/06 - AOS interview and AOS approval in West Palm Beach

03/13/06 - Welcome to America letter arrives

03/18/06 - Green card arrives in mail

12/10/07 - I-751 mailed to TSC

12/26/07 - NOA receipt date (from transfer to VSC)

02/14/08 - Biometrics appointment

10/17/08 - Approval date

10/24/08 - Approval letter received

10/25/08 - 10 year green card arrived

10/06/09 - N-400 mailed to Texas Lockbox

10/08/09 - NOA priority date

11/06/09 - Biometrics

01/04/10 - Interview

01/13/10 - Oath Ceremony

Bx82m5.png

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
double post :blush:

Don't do it!!! :lol:

they both said no. :(

I tried telling them that he writes the songs that makes the WHOLE WORLD SING but they weren't hearin' it.

*sigh*

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline
double post :blush:

Don't do it!!! :lol:

they both said no. :(

I tried telling them that he writes the songs that makes the WHOLE WORLD SING but they weren't hearin' it.

*sigh*

Now you have THIS damn song going through my head....

"Her name is Lola, she was a showgirl..."

AGGHGHHGHHHHHHH MAKE IT STOP !!!!! MAKE IT STOP !!!!

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

Manilow tunes used to harrass and repel unwanted loiterers:

http://www.theage.com.au/news/national/man...l?page=fullpage

Edited by wife_of_mahmoud

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Filed: Timeline

I seem happier? I have got to stop using those dancin smiley faces.

I know I am putting on a 'cheery, yes I am moving on face' but there is nothing happy in my life now. I wake alone, I drink my morning coffe alone, I come home from work and there is no one to tell about my day. I cry after dark and still have not washed his pillowcase. When I get in the house, I stay there for hours and hours, no desire to leave. Sometimes I forget to eat, or turn on the air conditioner, and find myself sitting in a 90 degree room. So, happier, no not yet.

If there was ever anything to get me out of the house, VIP seats at this concert will definately get me up and moving.

To answer your question, no, I would not have gone to this concert if Mohammed was still at home. We would have spent that time together, cooking or watching tv, together.

Jackie (F)

Jackie,

You will love the concert. We went and saw Marco Antonio Solis, Laura Pausini, and Marc Antony in concert last summer. It was more than awesome!

Twila

Oh you mean this concert????? ME TOO :D:D:D

** The black ribbon I display in my display is for my son in law who was killed in Afganistan November 23,2009 **

after reading the previous couple of posts, there is no way I am clicking in this link! :P

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Oh noooooooooooo I clicked and now I'm marred for life.

Mal, were you in row 2? Can we take cameras into the All State Arena?

Jackie

Good Morning!

For the last concert with Marco, Marc Anthony and Laura P. I was in row 2... that was at the Charter Pavilion. To my knowledge you can take a camera into the allstate -- just put it at the bottom of your purse.

hey did you know -------------------15

** The black ribbon I display in my display is for my son in law who was killed in Afganistan November 23,2009 **

I seem happier? I have got to stop using those dancin smiley faces.

I know I am putting on a 'cheery, yes I am moving on face' but there is nothing happy in my life now. I wake alone, I drink my morning coffe alone, I come home from work and there is no one to tell about my day. I cry after dark and still have not washed his pillowcase. When I get in the house, I stay there for hours and hours, no desire to leave. Sometimes I forget to eat, or turn on the air conditioner, and find myself sitting in a 90 degree room. So, happier, no not yet.

If there was ever anything to get me out of the house, VIP seats at this concert will definately get me up and moving.

To answer your question, no, I would not have gone to this concert if Mohammed was still at home. We would have spent that time together, cooking or watching tv, together.

Jackie (F)

When I said happier I mean you seem more like a free spirit. You are doing things to make you happy and not someone else and thats the way it should be. Just because I say you seem happier doesn't mean you arent hurting anymore but it just felt like you locked up your true personality in the closet to be a "proper wife" and it doesn't seem like it was you. Your personality has been shining through lately and I feel like that is the real you, maybe I'm wrong but thats just what I see.

And what I can't understand is if you love this singer so much and you are so excited about going, then why would you not have gone if you were still with Mohammed? Thats what I mean by locking up your personality. (F)

I don't want you to take this the wrong way at all Jackie and honestly I am sooo happy to see you doing things to make yourself happier or at least to try. :luv:

VJ Hours - I am available M-F from 10am - 5pm PST. I will occasionaly put in some OT for a fairly good poo slinging thread or a donut.

Filed: Timeline

JP how was your get-together? Hope you had a good time. I know what you mean about locking up a personality. I didn't realize I had morphed into a serious, work & come home person. I forgot how to have fun in the process. Now, I laugh, really laugh at things.

Today was filled with shopping for the perfect shirt, didn't find it tho. I did find some cutie pajamas and more pink stuff for the house. I even put pink things in the fish tank. (totally clashes with my orange fish)

Thanks again to everyone that posted here to keep me company. It's all appreciated.

Jackie (F)

JP how was your get-together? Hope you had a good time. I know what you mean about locking up a personality. I didn't realize I had morphed into a serious, work & come home person. I forgot how to have fun in the process. Now, I laugh, really laugh at things.

Today was filled with shopping for the perfect shirt, didn't find it tho. I did find some cutie pajamas and more pink stuff for the house. I even put pink things in the fish tank. (totally clashes with my orange fish)

Thanks again to everyone that posted here to keep me company. It's all appreciated.

Jackie (F)

It was fun, the mission I set out to accomplish was complete by the end of the night and I ended with 2 wonderful wines to serve at the wedding that are under $10 a bottle! Plus we had a great time. We didn't even realize it was 3am.

I am glad you understand what I meant :luv: Shopping!!!!!! I'm gonna go today too, we need a microwave. :star:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.