Vann

TAX FORMS AT EMBASSY INTERVIEW

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am very worried. My fiance is having her embassy interview this Sept. 6 and, for the life of me, I cannot find my tax returns!!! I had them filed with my family's and they've suddenly disappeared! It was said that my fiance is to bring these tax forms to the embassy on her interview along with several other forms on the information list she received from the Manila embassy.

Is it absolutely necessary for her to have my tax forms? If so--is there anything I can do if I can't find them? :/

I'm very worried and have so little time to get these papers to her!

If someone could provide some info then PLEASE do so! :(

Thank you!

December 5, 2005: We met online and our lives changed--instant connection, became best friends

May 15, 2006: She is put on temporary hold from her job and asks me if I could hold on for her in the event she didn't get the job back. I said "yes, of course" and she finally proclaimed her love to me and admitted she'd loved me since February.

September 25, 2006: I land in Manila airport and rush into my baby's arms for the first time. We were both surprised to realise we were NOT nervous.

September 25, 2006: Our first kiss :P

September 27, 2006: I proposed to her in person and she accepted! :)

December 20, 2006: Mailed I-129 K1 petition to Texas service Center

January 15, 2007: Petition returned to me rejected :/ (placed wrong amount on check--duh!)

Febrary 10, 2007: Resubmitted the petition adding updated info pages and a CORRECT check

February 26, 2007: NOA1

May 28, 2007: I land in Manila on our anniversary and we feel whole and complete yet again :)

June 20, 2007: NOA2 which said it would take six months for an interview (Dunno why it said that)

August 4, 2007: My baby receives Packet 4 unexpectedly out of nowhere--the frantic cramming begins

August 23, 2007: Frantically prepared documents FedExed

August 30, 2007: My baby has a long two days at St. Lukes but checks out fine! :)

September 6, 2007: Interview date: after 8 agonising hours--APPROVED!!! :D

September 6, 2007: Plans for her arrival in January 2008 for our wedding are established! :)

January 28, 2008: Marriage

I am very worried. My fiance is having her embassy interview this Sept. 6 and, for the life of me, I cannot find my tax returns!!! I had them filed with my family's and they've suddenly disappeared! It was said that my fiance is to bring these tax forms to the embassy on her interview along with several other forms on the information list she received from the Manila embassy.

Is it absolutely necessary for her to have my tax forms? If so--is there anything I can do if I can't find them? :/

Thank you!

Relax. You can contact the IRS for tax transcripts covering the requisite 3 years. While talking to the IRS, request an expedite of the transcripts.

Yes, you do need the tax returns at the Embassy.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Thank you!

My fiance has her interview in two weeks and I went to my local IRS office and asked for Tax Transcripts (are line by line items of your taxes) which are free. You typically have to request the transcripts and it takes 2-3 weeks for them to arrive via mail. I was lucky that the lady at the IRS printed them out and I had them in less than 10 minutes. Hope this helps.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello i had my interview last aug7, it was fine the CO was very nice. They only get my fiance W-2 tax form and certificate of employment thats all...its ok if its scanned or fax cos she will be needing that and they are gonna ask for that documents...Goodluck and tell to your fiance dont be scared and dont feel nervous as long as she have all the documents needed and you have genuine relationship...GOD BLESS

clairejamie

Thank you!

REMOVAL OF CONDITION

November 27, 2009 - Mailed Packet to California

December 02 , 2009 - Recieved packet at 1Pm

December 07 , 2009 - Check Cashed

December 12, 2009 - Recieved my 1 Year extension

December 21,2009 - Recieved my Biometric appointment

January 11 , 2010 - Biometric @ 2pm

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

yes, you can request tax transcripts

K-1 Visa Journey

03/10/2007 - Sent I-129F to NSC

06/05/2007 - Approved

06/25/2007 - NVC Case Number received

07/05/2007 - Fiance received Packets 3 and 4

09/06/2007 - INTERVIEW----- APPROVED

09/13/2007 - VISA IN HAND

09/14/2007 - POE AT JFK

10/26/2007 - Wedding

01/17/2008 - Email from CRIS that I-129 was approved!

AOS Journey

10/28/2007 - AOS mailed to Chicago via Federal Express

10/29/2007 - AOS received at Chicago

11/05/2007 - NOA for I-131, I-485, I-765

12/28/2007 - Biometrics

12/29/2007 - Case appeared on USCIS website

12/31/2007 - EAD Card Production Ordered; AP Approved

01/10/2008 - AP Received in mail

01/12/2008 - EAD Card Recieved in mail

07/24/2008 - AOS Interview

07/30/2008 -Card Production Ordered

08/11/2008 - GREEN CARD RECIEVED

04/30/2010 - ROC mailed to CA via USPS Express Mail

08/10/2010 - EAD Card Production Ordered; AOS Approved

04/24/2011 - Mailed N-400

05/12/2011 - Received I-797C

06/08/2011 - Biometrics

07/25/2011 - N-400 Interview

07/25/2011 - Oath Ceremony

MY HUSBAND IS A US CITIZEN!!!

Timeline

Thank you so much, guys!

Another question--does it cost anything to expedite these forms?

Also--how long would it take to get them if I expedited the process? I'm asking because I need to DHL these forms to my fiance two weeks from now.

Also, the local IRS office i looked up online said that it can send out tax transcripts but only in hardship cases. It said: (Verifiable hardship cases; hurricane damage, medical emergencies, etc)

Would my situation, if explained to them, fall under the hardship criteria? :-s

December 5, 2005: We met online and our lives changed--instant connection, became best friends

May 15, 2006: She is put on temporary hold from her job and asks me if I could hold on for her in the event she didn't get the job back. I said "yes, of course" and she finally proclaimed her love to me and admitted she'd loved me since February.

September 25, 2006: I land in Manila airport and rush into my baby's arms for the first time. We were both surprised to realise we were NOT nervous.

January 15, 2007: Petition returned to me rejected :/ (placed wrong amount on check--duh!)

Febrary 10, 2007: Resubmitted the petition adding updated info pages and a CORRECT check

May 28, 2007: I land in Manila on our anniversary and we feel whole and complete yet again :)

June 20, 2007: NOA2 which said it would take six months for an interview (Dunno why it said that)

August 4, 2007: My baby receives Packet 4 unexpectedly out of nowhere--the frantic cramming begins

August 30, 2007: My baby has a long two days at St. Lukes but checks out fine! :)

September 6, 2007: Plans for her arrival in January 2008 for our wedding are established! :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

All i know is if you requested they can fax it to you that is the easiest way.

Thank you so much, guys!

Also--how long would it take to get them if I expedited the process? I'm asking because I need to DHL these forms to my fiance two weeks from now.

Also, the local IRS office i looked up online said that it can send out tax transcripts but only in hardship cases. It said: (Verifiable hardship cases; hurricane damage, medical emergencies, etc)

REMOVAL OF CONDITION

November 27, 2009 - Mailed Packet to California

December 02 , 2009 - Recieved packet at 1Pm

December 07 , 2009 - Check Cashed

December 12, 2009 - Recieved my 1 Year extension

December 21,2009 - Recieved my Biometric appointment

January 11 , 2010 - Biometric @ 2pm

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
Thank you so much, guys!

Dhl takes around 4 days.But i think they also have urgent delievery just costs more.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Dhl takes around 4 days.But i think they also have urgent delievery just costs more.

My Transcripts took a week to arrive, very quick.

Kotenochek PLEASE! Fill in your timeline everyone depends on that data!

IR-5

11/01/2011: I-130 Submitted

11/04/2012: I-130 NOA1

04/19/2012: I-130 NOA2

05/04/2012: NVC Received

05/27/2012: Received I-864/DS 3032 Package

05/28/2012: Pay I-864 Bill

05/29/2012: Submit DS 3032/I-864

06/05/2012: Receive IV Bill online

06/05/2012: IV Bill Paid

06/06/2012: Payment Accepted

06/07/2012: IV Packet Mailed (Additional documents sent next day on 06/08/2012)

08/28/2012: Interview

Timeline

Thanks again for your help, everyone! :) Is there any way to get the IRS to fax me my forms over the phone or do I physically have to go to the office to get them? If so--what documents do I need to present to them in order for them to disclose my tax transcripts?

Thanks!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Thanks again for your help, everyone! :) Is there any way to get the IRS to fax me my forms over the phone or do I physically have to go to the office to get them? If so--what documents do I need to present to them in order for them to disclose my tax transcripts?

Thanks!

Call them or stop by. You'll need your social security number on the phone or perhaps that and some ID in person.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.