Rumi beagle

CONFUSED AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT (NVC) PLEASE HELPšŸ™ā¤ļø

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
1 minute ago, OldUser said:

Very valid point. AFAIK US government rarely goes after the sponsor to reimburse for any benefits provided to immigrant.

Ā 

Having said that, I would be very hesitant to sign anything like this.

Usually, only close family members are willing to take on such an obligation, once they read what they are signing and understand the personal and financial information they must disclose.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

But I have seen a comment from you to a case similar to mine where the couples live together abroad the states waiting for the visa to be done then both spouse move back to the states and you told them just provide domicile evidence and joint SponsorĀ 

(Don't you think it's similar to my case?)

How am I going to convince the officer that I will not be a public charge just by words ?

Or we can work on more evidence like future job offer ,or she can provide her bank account statement showing money on her savings?Ā 

I didn't mention that yes the joint Sponsor read the obligations and terms from the form and agreed to take the responsibilityĀ 

@pushbrk

Edited by Rumi beagle

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Does she have a Joint Sponsor?

Ā 

She should really join this thread.

ā€œIf you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.ā€

Timeline

@Boiler

Ā 

She is the petitioner she has to sign the form i864 and her income is not enough that lead us to find a joint Sponsor, and yes we found one that he agreed to help it's an old friend of hersĀ 

I'm little confused šŸ¤”

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Rumi beagle said:

But I have seen a comment from you to a case similar to mine where the couples live together abroad the states waiting for the visa to be done then both spouse move back to the states and you told them just provide domicile evidence and joint SponsorĀ 

(Don't you think it's similar to my case?)

How am I going to convince the officer that I will not be a public charge just by words ?

Or we can work on more evidence like future job offer ,or she can provide her bank account statement showing money on her savings?Ā 

I didn't mention that yes the joint Sponsor read the obligations and terms from the form and agreed to take the responsibilityĀ 

@pushbrk

If she has sufficient liquid assets in her account, she can declare and document those, instead of using a joint sponsor.Ā  If sufficient funds already available, is how you will support each other, then no issue.Ā  You have not provided details.

Time to become an A-Student of the I-864 instructions and the form itself.Ā  Unless that joint sponsor is going to take the responsibility of actually supporting you, you still need a support plan.Ā  What is it?

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

She doesn't have enough money to support meĀ  that's why we have been looking for joint Sponsor I just pointed out that we have found aĀ  sponsor.Ā  I also read the form it says in short you don't have enough money to guarantee a beneficiary or a spouse you must find someone friend or family to support you and that's what we will do are there also other financial matters that must be met?

And our plan is :

_ we found good joint SponsorĀ 

_ she has some cache on savings to help usĀ  Ā  Ā  Ā  when we get there

_ she has funds and investment to convert toĀ  Ā  Ā cash within 12months

_ i have an account with money to use.

_ as part of domicile she has car in the US and property,and she is getting job offers.

@pushbrk

Ā 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.