Talita Redmond

221g in the interview and no answer about approval or refusal visa

38 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

***Duplicate topics merged.  Please don't start a new thread regarding this topic***

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
36 minutes ago, Dashinka said:

My other question is relevant.  What color was the 221g.  The different colors are meaningful as to how the interview went.  I don't know CASV.  Also, if the stay was less than 180 days, no bar is in place, if over 180 days to 365 days, a 3 yr bar, and over 365 days a 10 yr. bar.  You asked why the CO did not mention a waiver, if the overstay was less than 180 days, no waiver is needed, and if between 180 and 365 days, I suspect you have already been outside the US for more than 3 yrs, so a waiver would only be needed if over 365 day.

https://www.path2usa.com/blog/all-about-221g/

I overseas almost 2 years 

They will do Refusal Letter and ask for an I-601 for the overstay. It’s common that they hit pause button ( 221 g) while they check if you have other Inadmissibility issues besides ULP /unlawful presence. 

Keeping passport is also routine. Ask for it back, visa is not coming til after waiver. 

‘’The girl is wrong. 

Timeline

Is the girl at the consulate wrong? Because everyone says she's right, including the lawyer, and you're the only one who said that... My excessive stay during the pandemic, which I wouldn't even have been able to leave, except by swimming in the sea, was already forgiven previously in my status adjustment! And did the consul know about this in the interview about the waiver? So why didn't he ask for it right away like he did with my friend???? Why would the girl say it was approved? 🤬🤬🤬😡😡😡

Timeline

No, the routine is for them to talk in the interview and return the passport since it is a personal document and they cannot keep it, in addition the waiver takes years, what is the point of keeping the passport??? My case is not a common case!!!!

58 minutes ago, Talita Redmond said:

Is the girl at the consulate wrong? Because everyone says she's right, including the lawyer, and you're the only one who said that... My excessive stay during the pandemic, which I wouldn't even have been able to leave, except by swimming in the sea, was already forgiven previously in my status adjustment! And did the consul know about this in the interview about the waiver? So why didn't he ask for it right away like he did with my friend???? Why would the girl say it was approved? 🤬🤬🤬😡😡😡

There was no reason you couldn't leave in 2020, so don't say that in your waiver application. 

I agree with the above, you were misinformed. Sounds like you need a waiver, so it's just a case of waiting for that to be requested and then getting it started. You can request your passport back at any time. 

Good luck. 

Timeline

and why didn't they ask at the time of the interview??? If the CASV girl is misinformed, who is well informed? 😡😡😡 Whether there was a reason or not is none of your business!!!! The pandemic started and I was in the US 3 days ago!!!!! 😡😡😡😡 Was I going to swim out?????

Timeline

request how??? if when I took the documents to the CASV that they asked me for 221g the girl said that my passport would arrive at home???? how will I request it???? for whom???? If they already send me a code bar with tracking for a Service post 😡😡😡

Timeline

It's always like this... people attacking with words before and the excuses is the intention of helping, when the reasons why I was left in the country are nobody's business. Furthermore, the consul could have requested a waiver at the time of the interview and denied the visa, but he didn't. He asked me for a document that has nothing to do with the waiver, just about a traffic ticket!

Edited by Talita Redmond

Timeline

By the way, my friend asked for a waiver at the time of the interview because she never filed any immigration process in the US and I did, I filed for adjustment of status... By the way, this just makes me want to delete this post and not share anything because there are only negative people here wanting to put me down when I'm already so sick because of all this.

1 minute ago, Talita Redmond said:

It's always like this... people attacking with words before and the excuses is the intention of helping, when the reasons why I was left in the country are nobody's business. Furthermore, the consul could have requested a waiver at the time of the interview and denied the visa, but he didn't. He asked me for a document that has nothing to do with the waiver, just about a traffic ticket!

Nobody is attacking you, you're taking it personally for no reason. But it's very relevant to your waiver, which is why people keep mentioning it to you. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Talita Redmond said:

Not every case is the same, and not every consulate officer handles cases the same way.  It seems a waiver will be needed at some point, but at least for your case it appears to it will take some time before the consulate requests it.  I know, frustrating, but it is what it is.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.