narayan333

interview

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I believe that the actual interview will be in English - BUT, they allow translators if required.

This is a paragraph copied from the travel state gov web, also, below this paragraph was a sort of section outlining the processes for applying for a translator. 

"If you are unable to speak or understand English, please bring a translator to your visa appointment. Providing accurate and complete information during your visa interview is crucial for the consular officer to make an informed decision regarding your visa eligibility.  If the interviewing officer is unable to communicate with you, your visa may be denied.  If your visa is denied, you will need to make a new application and schedule a new appointment accompanied by a translator."

Best advice would be to search your specific US embassy website for your country and locate if and what the process is for having a translator.

I-129F Journey! ❤️

Package sent: 02 March 2024

NOA1 Received: 04 March 2024

NOA2 Approval: 23 August 2024

Physical NOA2 Received: 04 September 2024

Sent to State: 07 October 2024

NVC Received Case: 16 October 2024

NVC Case Created:

Case In Transit:

Case Ready:

Medical:

Interview:

Visa in Hand:

Flight:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Depends on the embassy. Check your embassy specific instructions. Standard is English but sometimes they can do it in the native language of the country that the embassy is in. 

Reading is what? Fun-da-men-tal!

especially during your Visa Journey

Timeline
3 hours ago, narayan333 said:

i am just afraid if my fiance ask for translator and the translator doesnt translate well she might fail

What embassy is she doing the interview at?

Submitted i-129F: 12-4-23
Received/NOA1: 01-31-24
Approved/NOA2: 06-05-24

Medical Exam: 08-06-24
Interview: 09-13-24 APPROVED
Visa in hand: 09-23-24
Moving date: 11-02-24
Married: ? (End of Nov/start of Dec?)

Hoping to move: End of 2024 🧡

Timeline
12 minutes ago, narayan333 said:

that will the nepal embassy kathmandhu

It says you can only bring an translator if the person doesn't speak English or Nepali, is this the case?

Timeline
1 minute ago, narayan333 said:

she does speak english but she is not fluent in english. i am wondering if they will do the interview in nepali or english..

They'll do whichever you can. If Nepali is better for her, they'll do it in Nepali.

Timeline
1 minute ago, narayan333 said:

thats a relief then. cause i read online and it said the interview will be done in english

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Supplements/Supplements_by_Post/KDU-Kathmandu.html#interview_guidelines

It says here that you can only bring a translator (interpreter) if you don't speak English or Napali. She speaks Napali, so she can't bring an interpreter. This means they'll do the interview in Napali.
That's the official Embassy website too

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.